[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy apples instead of sweets to improve my diet >currently

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4

File: a.jpg (153KB, 548x365px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
153KB, 548x365px
>buy apples instead of sweets to improve my diet
>currently craving a sweet
>I successfully forced myself to eat apples instead of candy

How have you been improving your life lately /r9k/?
>>
>>25752716
What color apples?
Green master race. Granny Smith regiment
>>
I've been enjoying myself and eating sweets all night while playing video games games and watching my favorite cartoons.
>>
I've been clean from heroin for six days.
>>
>>25752716
I've been getting gud at fifa. Good results.
>>
>>25752760
exactly. I only eat green apples.

>>25752780
that's one hell of a feat if it's true.
>>
>>25752716
Downloaded HydroCoach to try and drink more water, figured it'll be easier to keep my diet in check once I'm not horrifically dehydrated at all times. Putting off changing diet until I get hydration in check because I'm a little bitch...
>>
>>25752716
January first I started brushing my and flossing three times a day.
>>
>>25752780
that's great anon, don't give up and stay determined!
>>
>>25752811
It is true. I'm trying to get my dealer to front me some right now though. My heart rate is insane and it's driving me nuts. I can't sleep at night. I keep crying and sneezing. And most of all, I'm so tucking bored I want to kill myself.
>>
>>25752716
Hate to break it to you, but you still might be getting the same high sugar intake. It's like a drug to your brain, only your body still needs it.
>>
>>25752894
Different types of sugar.
>>
>>25752894
Not him, but its still a lot better for his body than taking candy
>>
>>25752893
methadone works.
go to a hospital/detox clinic.
they should be free too.
>>
>>25752893
Don't fucking do it idiot, those symptoms sound like nothing compared to what being a junkie for even longer will do to you.
>>
>>25752716
>buy sugar instead of sugar
Literally what is the fucking point? The only benefit you're getting from choosing apples over candy is vitamin C. Might as well eat candy and take vitamins retard.
Or you could actually try to be healthy and lower your overall sugar intake.
>>
>>25752945
Not really.
>>25752943
Sugar is a shit tier energy source regardless. The difference is essentially nothing.
>>
>>25753012
>Not really
... Yeah, of course it is. Are you from tumblr?
>>
>>25752716
working my self onto a alkaline based diet.

just bought shit like: kale, chia and flax seeds, quinoa, nuts, legumes and berries

just gonna mix everything up in a blender and down them a few times a day
>>
>>25752716
eating more vegetables
I've gained 20 pounds in the past 7 months so I am trying to lose it'

I want to lose 30 lbs
Started excersising as well
getting gud at vidya
>>
Started brushing (x2) and flossing daily, and cut out foods unhealthy for my teeth because they have carbs and sugar.

Unfortunately it is too late. My teeth feel unsettled. No matter what I do from now on I am not far from losing ~5 teeth.
>>
>>25752893
You won't die from this, desu. Shooting up, on the other hand, will kill you certainly. Life is better than the drug withdrawals are trying to trick you into thinking it is.
>>
>>25752893
Do the drugs and remove yourself from this world, you filthy normie. That withdrawl sure must be a bitch, huh?
>>
>>25753012
Complete nonsense. Apples have fiber and water along with them that tell your body you ate something substantial and to be satisfied. Eating a candy bar is a completely different thing.
>>
>>25752716
I started brushing my teeth, got antiobiotics for acne, getting into shape after contracting mono twice, stopped fapping, about to acquire meds for my ADHD, weaning off sodas, and started getting into bed before 12.

If I can keep this up, 2016'll be a good year.
>>
>>25753305
You're jealous of a junkie? We're the scum of the earth familia. We're lower on the social hierarchy than any incel robot could ever be. You think I have friends, a gf, a career, or even a car? Of course I don't. I have heroin. That's it. My life is a tragedy and I'll probably die young, alone, despised, and a disgrace to my family name.
>>
>>25752716
bought some weights
planning on adding some BWE (body weight exersize) to my schedule.
>>
>>25753547
How do you get jealousy out of that? People like you are normies because you're all boilerplate carbon-copy rejects with no personality at all except "lol fuck da world bro".You also need social connections to be a druggie, which all but confirms your normie personality. It honestly doesn't matter where you are on the social ladder (although it is good that you know your place), it's that you people are boring and whiny even by robot standards.
>>
>>25753547

Get into a clinic. Methadone or suboxone, whichever you prefer. Or at least have your dealer supply you with something milder than the heroin to help ease the withdrawal process.

You're the most likely to overdose after spending a length of time clean. Tolerance for heroin decreases pretty rapidly, senpai.

Any way you slice it, you're going to be terribly miserable for awhile. Even once the withdrawal itself has past, that mind-numbing boredom will be hard to silence. Just know that you'll get there. It will seem like you'll never be able to be fully happy/satisfied again. But it comes back eventually.
>>
File: 1443355167359.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
1443355167359.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>25753572
Here you go famalama! I did a pull-up today, first time in my life, feels goodman
>>
>>25752985
Are you seriously trying to say that there's not a significant difference between eating an apple and eating candy?
>>
>>25753801
>suboxone

I had two "emergency" suboxone strips stashed incase I couldn't cop for whatever reason. Used them the first two days. Helped a lot easing me into withdrawal.
>>
>>25753654

"Who lives longer? the man who takes heroin for two years and dies, or a man who lives on roast beef, water and potatoes 'till 95? One passes his 24 months in eternity. All the years of the beefeater are lived only in time."

Enjoy your crawlingly mundane existence, beefeater.
>>
>>25753827
thanks for this man. this should help a lot.
>>
>>25752716
but apples are full of sugar
>>
>>25753920

I'm sure they helped, but it often takes more than that to get back to being functional. Some people spend years weaning themselves off various minor opiates after getting off heroin. Not sure that I agree with that approach, but I do know that it can take awhile of diminishing even on those before you're "okay" again.
>>
>>25752894
>>25752985
>>25753012
>>25753946
this is wrong they are apples = fructose = natural sugars

refined sugars and naturals sugars are in no way the same.
>>
>>25753934
Hate to tell you this druggo, but when you look back on any given year, you'll find the memories happy and nostalgic whether you were partying nonstop or quietly enjoying your days. The only difference is that the ones like you have no future and fuck yourself out of decades of potential happiness for a cheap thrill.
>>
>>25753339

So drink a cup of water and take a psyllium husk pill with the candy and it's the exact same shit.

I'm a different anon and not opposed to candy, but I don't pretend there's some difference between haribo gummy bears and Kroger frozen peaches. If it fits your macros knock yourself out. Micronutrients are a meme. Anyone with their diet on point can spare a few hundred calories on sweets without dying or getting sick. I drink grapefruit juice for breakfast, it's practically delicious straight sugar. I don't really carbload, I just slowly taper down carbs as the day progresses. I think my liver and skeletal muscle likes it. I know I like how I look full of glycogen. I tried to keto meme and I just looked like a soft skelly. On man food I look hard and full. Keto has its uses, like maybe for super fatties or people who are dying, but if you're healthy but want an edge just do drugs. TRT to put you around 2mg/dl won't need to control estrogen in most guys and can be continued indefinitely if your lipids aren't thrown out of whack. It's been heavily researched. Testosterone is really pretty fucking safe if you don't iv it with dirty needles or use some fucked up regimen resulting in unstable bloods. With a good diet I managed to go from 400 something ng/dl to high 800s. This was enough for me. I check twice a year. I'm self medicating TRT once I drop below 500, and probably starting hgh once I'm able to afford it. Getting old is a meme. A year or two from the lifespan is worth the trade for higher quality of life. I'm going to be fucjifuckinyear old old18 ye

Fuck phones

I'm fucking 18 year old bitches at 80 and skiing double black diamonds at 90.
>>
4 days off a heavy heroin addiction. Drinking a lot and smoking weed to cope. Can't wait to get real sleep
>>
>>25753262
go to a dentist
>>
>>25752716
I'm working on quitting smoking. I cut back from a pack a day to a pack every three days then I switched to lights (but more of those.) I'm getting cravings again even though I'm smoking at the rate of a pack of lights every 1-2 days and on Saturday I'm going to stop completely.

I'm also cutting back on Kool-Aid b/co it has so much sugar and sweets, but I'm going to get 1 more package of cookies to help me deal with the withdrawals of smoking then just stick to peanuts and crackers.

I'm also starting to exercise more. When the good weather comes around I'm going to start running, and for now I'm doing exercises in my room which also helps with cigarette cravings.
>>
>>25753920

Look into dxm for getting off dope it actually works. It's a fucked up opiate. You can get psychological addicted to it but it's easy to cop. It's definitely worse for you than real opiates though. Just keep it to once a week tops and don't branch out into other dissociatives and you should be good though. Seriously though, robogels are $6 for 300mg and coricidin is $2 for 480mg. Dip your toes in with 150mg or just dive in with a good 300mg. There's some lovely synergy with dph but not everyone likes the combo. Just a warning with coricidin, the chlorp*what's it it can kill, I save money but only taking 6 CCCs and splitting the difference with robogels. 6 is enough to feel good though. I sometimes microdose at 60 or 90mg dxm just to get through the day. It helps me keep my shit together and not get bogged down with over thinking things.
>>
>>25752893
just one more shot bro
>>
>>25752985
Apples contain more starches and water than the pure compressed sugar of candy. Even though there is actually very little difference between sugars (glucose and fructose are isomers and sucrose is a glucose and a fructose joined at the hip) eating apples instead of candy will curb your sugar intake.
>>
>>25754000

Fructose is sugar, sucrose is literally just glucose and fructose butt fucking each other, and is just as natural and processed as fructose. Sugar is sugar, and that's OK.
>>
>>25754116
>I don't pretend there's some difference between haribo gummy bears and Kroger frozen peaches.
Then you don't know anything about nutrition to be quite honest.
>>
>got a haircut (still looks bad)
>getting a little better on guitar each day
>called the gym i go to and asked if anyone could show me around/help me build a routine
>went in and someone working there showed me some starting stuff on the machines
Now I just have to wait until 9 before I can go
>>
>>25754309
>Fructose is sugar, sucrose is literally just glucose and fructose butt fucking each other, and is just as natural and processed as fructose. Sugar is sugar, and that's OK.
Nice job fuck head, nobody is talking about the quality of the sugar. Nobody is comparing sucrose and fructose, they're comparing an apple and a candy bar which aren't the same God damn thing.
>>
>>25754069

quoting Aldous Huxley =/= being a drug user
>>
>>25754069

That's not true. I look back and my worst times were before amphetamine. I was always stressed with amphetamine but I crawled out of the shitty situation thanks to amp and haven't been stressed or needed speed in years.

Drugs should be used as a tool or as a leisure activity, not a crutch. It's better to have that crutch if you aren't willing to fix the problem though. 99% of problems is money though. I cut ties with family and friends, moved oustate, and worked my ass off for 4 years.

I know it's the cool and edgy thing to hate drugs and be happy in your little bucket of crabs, but some people expect more from life and want to truly live. Whether that's taking ketamine intramuscularly and meditating, Adderall to get a good career, or dilaudid just to forget, drugs are better than to drugs. You can use or not use a tool, having played runescape as a pure I see the fun in intentionally handicapping yourself for the challenge and perceived reward, but abstinence from drug use is no more moral than sucking dick for crack. Both take an equally retarded and extreme stance on drugs. We all come from different places but we're all going to the same. Just pick how you want to get there and mind your own damn business.
>>
I just stopped giving a fuck and let myself go. I get to eat whatever I want, and odds are I'm going to die sooner, which is a plus.
>>
>>25754344

I don't mean they are literally the lame, jackass. As a simple snack tree candy and animal shaped candy have little difference in how they body uses it. I don't have any vitamin deficiency. I piss the excess out. The peaches and bears do much the same for me, provide energy from carbohydrate metabolism. The energy isn't even why I eat them though. I eat them to indulge, it's motivated entirely by how they taste.
>>
File: troll.png (183KB, 1000x814px) Image search: [Google]
troll.png
183KB, 1000x814px
>>25754534
So fiber and water as natural limiting agents mean nothing, a sugar cube is the same as a handful of grapes? Anon, are you trying to troll?
>>
>>25755034

What's the point of natural limiting agents? It's a snack, not an eating contest. I just said it's for the taste and not strictly for energy. As far as a healthy person is concerned grapes and sugar cubes are the same, but I prefer the taste of grapes. Sugar cubes are kind of one dimensional in taste. Grapes are sweet and taste like grapes. Same amount of calories when compared calorie for calorie, but it's a snack, not a meal, so you're concerned more with taste than just raw energy or macros.
>>
>>25754473
It has nothing to do with morals, and everything to do with not requiring crutches to achieve a good time or a normal level of functioning. You have to be absolutely delusional to imply that using drugs is ever a good thing, especially after confessing that they've ruined your fucking life. And I love how you people always try to imply that you somehow lead richer lives by fucking over your overall financial and physical state for extremely short-lived pleasures.
>>
>>25755835
>confessing they ruined your life

That's not me you're arguing with now. Hasn't been for some time.
>>
>>25752716
Masturbating less, once a week at max.

Being more apt to try new things

Trying to be more social but that's hella slow progress

Trying to be more positive and less depressed which an uphill battle but I know I just gotta keep working at it.
>>
>>25752716
>your new self
>just ahead
i want to improve my body, not get rid of it
>>
File: 1404432929775.png (36KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
1404432929775.png
36KB, 640x560px
>tfw allergic to apples but they are your favorite fruit
>>
>>25756124
>Apples
>Not slightly under ripe raspberries/blueberries

lad....
>>
>>25752716
>been making myself walk outside every day
>still alone but feeling better about it
>>
>>25756178
blueberries are goat as well, especially blueberry pie
but sometimes I just get the cravings for a nice apple, but it causes me pain
>>
>>25756178
Or frozen berries
>>
>>25752833
How fucking retarded do you have to be to need to work at staying hydrated?
>>
>>25752716
Doing more of this >>25753827
Fixing sleeping habits
Eating more fruits and shit
>>
>>25756018
Only changes one of the many points I made.
>>
Try eating Honeycrisp apples, OP.
I recently switched to eating apples a lot more, and Honeycrisps are so fucking good it's unbelievable.
>>
>>25752716
Slowly but surely spending more time outside of my house. It's hard to convince myself to go out every day, though.
>>
>>25756758
Those things are like $1.50/lb though. Lunchbox green apples are $0.99/lb and just as delicious.
>>
>>25752716
I am looking into aqcuiring a ball python.
>>
>>25755835

I said they saved my life, it would be ruined without them. If you can get by without them that's cool, but it's kind of a dick move to shit on a diabetic for needing insulin. I used them to achieve supranormal level of functioning. If it only kept me at a normal level then amphetamine wouldn't be worth the horrible sides, especially not for 4 years of taking it 2 or 3 times a week.

My financial and physical wellbeing is better because of drugs. Instead of working myself into an early grave with blue collar shit work back home, the only thing available, I make 60k/yr at 28, have excellent health coverage, and my apartment has an actually half decent gym, and there's actually a social outside of church and the honky tonk.

Work on your reading comprehension. You're disagreeing with me saying that my better life is much worse because I used drugs to get here. I understand if you feel like it's cheating, but you can do drugs too. Addiction is very rare, but everything has its risks. Settle for mediocrity or take a chance and actually do something with your life. No one likes a whiner though. You made your bed, now lie in it. I'll enjoy my 'short lived' pleasure. On a universal scale a lifetime could be considered short, but when colored by my perception a lifetime may as well be an eternity. It lasts from the beginning of my consciousness to the end.
>>
>>25757077
>comparing his situation to a fucking diabetic
Jesus christ, this is beyond pathetic. If you said this shit to a real diabetic that would rip you to shreds you dumb fucking junkie.

And you could have done everything you wanted without drugs if you weren't a little bitch, whether you know it or not. Even if you truly couldn't, then that's nothing but a another sign of your own inferiority.
>>
>>25757649

I'm a different anon, not the opiate guy.

It's really starting to look like you could use some Adderall now. I know inference can be hard, but I am comparing my situation with a diabetic, not his.

I'm not against his type of drug use but in doesn't really mesh with my views on drug use. Somehow I'm able to not be an asshole about it though. With age comes maturity, usually. Eventually you realize people will make the best decisions to lead the life they want.

It doesn't matter if I could have achieved the same outcomes with or without drugs, with or without boxer briefs, or with or without a 12" vibrating butt plug in for 22 hours each day. I did it the way I wanted to and felt was the easiest and most effective way. This is called decision making; weigh the options, costs, and benefits, formulate a plan of action, and then pull the trigger, only stopping to make slight course changes as new data comes in. If I couldn't have done it without drugs then this is more a justification for the drug use than any sign of inferiority. I can't carry an oven by my bare hands from storage to my friends truck, but it's no problem using a dolly/handtruck. I'm not going to sit and cry about what I can't do. I do what I can and move on.

Ironically, this is in the prayer alcoholics anonymous end every meeting with. Accept the things you cannot change, have the courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Your actions are what matter, not your potential.
>>
>>25758001
You raise some good points, and I'll concede that it's really not that bad if you're only using them as a tool. But that's not the case for most people, and especially not anyone who uses substances to get high. Either way, all drugs have consequences. If the benefit outweighs the costs for you then that's great, but when you consider again the possibility that you never needed them then it becomes a stupid thing to do. I don't know your situation and I can't speak for you, but given your general reasonablity I imagine you could have made it without them. Either way, my beef's not with you, but with the infuriating retards who ruin thier own lives and then try to act like they deserve sympathy and that hard drugs are a good thing. Have a good day my friend.
>>
>>25758519
I'm the opiate guy. I got hooked after I rode a dirt bike off of a cliff. I broke my coccyx and my leg. I was prescribed pain killers. If I'm not on pain killers I experience chronic debilitating back pain that makes it very difficult for me to function in any way that doesn't involve lying down. If I'm on dope I feel fine. I can do my job and live my life unencumbered.

I never asked for anyone's sympathy. I certainly don't want yours. I hate myself a lot more than you hate me. But if you were suffering and there was a magic button that you could push that would make it go away, you honestly wouldn't be tempted?
>>
started krav maga today

it was hard as shit since it was my first time not sitting at a computer for like 2 years
>>
>>25758773
Damn man, that sucks. I'm genuinely sorry to hear that.
>>
I eat caramel apples. They're sweet so they satisfy that craving, but they're apples so they're healthy.
>>
>>25758773
>I don't want sympathy
>make a blog post like this >>25752893

If you'd mentioned the pain thing earlier on, I might have let up, but you instead tried to go the "drugs4lyfe" route. Also:
>rode my dirt bike off a cliff
>not a normie

Sounds like you brought it on yourself. Real advice though, stretching often does wonders for the back, if you can't touch your toes then you're just asking for pain. Probably useless but try it out. Also ree.
>>
>>25759073
>blog post

I'm venting. It's something that's kind of dominating my thoughts right now. It helps to talk about it.

>drugs4lyfe

That wasn't me.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.