[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brit/bots/, I'm severely depressed at the moment, and I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Antidepressants..jpg (42KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
Antidepressants..jpg
42KB, 620x387px
Brit/bots/,

I'm severely depressed at the moment, and I am considering seeing my GP about it. How easy is it to get prescribed antidepressants? Anything I should say when I see them which would help me get them?
>>
>>25751291
I have no advice for you OP, but I'm also interested in this.
>>
Bump. Please help.
>>
>>25751291
You literally go to the doctors and say you're depressed, then he'll probably put you on fluoxetine, citalopram or sertraline. I'm on 20mg fluoxetine myself. Imagine the best feeling is 1 and the worst feeling is -1, I'm at 0 constantly.
>>
>>25751291
Just be honest if you're depressed. Although, if you're psychotic like I was and afraid of being sectioned or anything - don't be. They only do that if you're an immediate threat to yourself or others.

They'll usually throw antidepressants at you for anything, check back with you in a few months, ask if depressed and throw more drugs. Have fun waiting to see a Psych. Literally had to show up post-hospital looking dead.
>>
>>25751683

Sounds relatively easy. Is there anything I should avoid saying? I don't really think therapy would help at the moment, I just want something to help me in the short term.
>>
>>25751291
>>25752024
I got anti depressants last month on the NHS.

They may get you to fill out a questionnaire. Tell them about your mood and how you feel.
DON'T admit to having done any illegal drugs, or they'll make a big fuss.
DON'T tell them that you're looking to act on your suicidal thoughts, or they could tell your parents / put you in a ward.

Just tell them that you feel like shit, and that you think medication will help. They'll give you drugs straight away.
>>
>>25752119

Thanks. This shit sucks. I've been depressed for nearly a year now, and everyday is a chore. I have't been happy in a longtime.
>>
>>25752200
Same here.
I was prescribed 20mg of citalopram, and so far it has made me feel a bit better.

The best way that I can describe it is, "all the negative thoughts remain, but they don't make me feel as bad." I still have serious tfwnogf, and I don't feel great, but I don't feel that totally depressed and helpless "the only way out is to kill myself" feeling.
>>
For me there a phases where I feel like absolute shit, but how do I know that I'm depressed? Is there a checklist or something like that?
>>
>>25751291
DO NOT go on antidepressants, look into St John's Wort if you're that intent on medication.
Antidepressants will fuck you up.
Just find a therapist, your problems are probably in your ways of thinking.
>>
>>25751291
I was prescribed to celexa (citalophram) and zoloft (setraline) because of major depressive disorder niether helped for me. But they are effective if you have a serotonin imbalance which wasn't my issue. You NEED to stay the course for them to work, I believe it's like 4-6 weeks for them to take effect. Also if you use lots of drugs/alcohol make sure there isn't a conflict by mix them with the meds.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.