[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The aches in my bottom wisdom tooth is becoming more frequent.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: dylan dennett 2015.jpg (1MB, 2874x1348px) Image search: [Google]
dylan dennett 2015.jpg
1MB, 2874x1348px
The aches in my bottom wisdom tooth is becoming more frequent. I don't think I'm brave enough to make an appointment and get surgery! Who else TERRIFIED of the dentist here?
>>
File: 1451417595511.png (192KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1451417595511.png
192KB, 501x445px
sure dentist sucks,
but it's not like i ever smile to anyone,
or talk to girls.

who /fuckedupyellowteeth/ here?
>>
Do it faggot. You'll get pain meds that you can either take or if you aren't into that you can sell and make some extra cash.
>>
You'd better do it, I had three months of my wisdom teeth stabbing into the side of my mouth and still have scars years later.

I got put under and had all four pulled and the ordeal was way better than anything you'd be awake for. Just passed out, woke up and it was done. Had some minor pain and swelling but just took a bunch of oxycodone and everything was great soon enough.
>>
>>25748280
I just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. It's a trap.
>>
>>25748280
Dylan looks like he's been spitting too much hot fire
>>
> In my last year of dentist school (no idea if there is an English term for it)
> beforehand did a three year apprenticeship to become a dental assistant

AMA OP
are you terrified of me? What about qt dentist assitant girls?
>>
>>25748926
What country you from? Also in Dentist School in my (English speaking) country.
>>
>>25748926

why all the assistants of dentist are 8+/10 grills?
>>
>>25748965
Germany

>>25748280
if thats actually your scan you definitely don't want to wait it out.

If you're terrified of the operation find a dentist that does a full anesthesia instead of just a local one. Might cost you a little extra but its worth it - also it usually means less pain afterwards.
>>
>>25748280
dude just go get it done. the anesthesia puts you out in 5 seconds and the next thing you know the surgery is over. you will get lots of t3s so you wont feel much pain. i got mine out sep 1st 2015. it was a blast thanks to the opiates.
>>
>>25748994
Dude I don't know why that is.

My theory is that for some reason a lot of pretty girls start the apprenticeship - and the few ugly ones that start it rarely finish it because they drop out.
>>
File: tteeeeth gross 2.jpg (342KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tteeeeth gross 2.jpg
342KB, 1600x1200px
>>25748280
Ayy lmao Dylan don't worry I just had all of my wisdom teeth along with a milk tooth extracted a few months ago. I was terrified and kept having panic attacks.

I was brought into a room with a really sarcastic asshat of a doctor who explained everything and then had very polite nurses bring me blankets to put over me, attach suction-cup like things to my body to monitor my heartrate and then they cleaned my elbow which was cold and poked me with the IV.

It felt like a really cold rush in my veins for a few seconds and I was like "my arm is cold." I looked and there was a stand with a water baggy on the top attached to a line which led to my needle in my arm. The nurse was injecting something and I was like "is that the medicine" and the last thing I remember is her saying "nope." Bitch lied.

45 minutes later I was hauled off in a wheelchair to the car by my mom and trying to call people with gauze in my mouth. I couldn't feel my lips and was crying because I thought there were worms on my face.

All in all it was hilarious but not really painful at all.

And mine were a LOT worse than yours.

They ended up having to drill into the bottoms. I will give you some advice for it as well: the top doesn't hurt at all really, so don't worry, but the bottom does.

Also they're gonna ask you to squirt water into the holes to keep it clean about a week after the surgery which is the worst part, I got mine done in September and all holes are closed except the bottom left that sometimes still leaves a grossish taste in my mouth from a teeny tiny opening.

Pic related, my teeth before getting braces. Got braces on over a year ago and ofc in September had the procedure done (which I should've done a year ago desu)

Procrastinating makes it worse.
>>
>>25749018

do dentist make a lot of money in Germoney too?
Here in Italy until not so many years ago it was pretty standard for dentist to own at least a little yacht
>>
>>25749081
> I thought there were worms on my face.

I've been hearing stuff like this a lot coming from the US. What the fuck are they giving you?

>>25749097
It depends on lots of things how much money you end up making but its definitely far above the average - even for people that hold a degree.
>>
>>25749131
US dentistry is fucking scary, they're god damn crazy over there.
>>
>>25749081
OH and if they give you penicillin to prevent infection your pee might smell gross after a while on it, just keep taking it and don't worry. It eventually became nauseating to me and I flushed the last two pills of mine but it still took a few days for my pee to smell normal again.

Just don't sniff the penicillin before you take it and you shall be good.

>>25749131
I have no clue what they gave me.

I just know that I was out like a light and when I woke up I was very disoriented and kind of in a daze. I really felt like I was making sense but I recorded it and I was talking in a way that is barely sensible. In my mind I was speaking clearly and concisely. The initial fear of worms being on my face were me touching my lips, having never felt the sensation of numbness, and my brain inable to realize they were not worms since they didn't feel right. I was really drowsy and mostly felt slightly impaired. I was also reeeeaally interested in recording/trying to see what my mouth looked like.

Feels kind of like you do when you're dead asleep but someone wakes you up and wants you to think very logically but you're still kind of happy and warm and cozy and out of it. It was honestly probably the best I've felt in a long time. The medicine I had after was hydrocodone and penicillin.

Here's a vid of how I was acting after for keks/to show that it wasn't too bad. No hallucinations or anything. Just slightly disoriented and swollen: tiny(dot)cc(slash)anasthesiakek
>>
>>25749131
>tfw no german dentist husbando

I got all my dental work done last year though, I was bleeding all over the place for like 2 weeks, but it's all good. now to keep on top of it.
>>
I had a root canal a few months back, and don't get me wrong, it hurt a little a times, but if anything it was a combination of boring and interesting. I'd spend a lot of time looking directly up at the dentist while he was working and observing the equipment he was using to defile me teeth and after a good bit of doing that it got boring.

You can ask them to put you to sleep if you really need it, I believe.
>>
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out and a root canal. Just use Google and find experienced oral surgeons your insurance will cover.

Next goal is to get braces but I don't have enough dosh atm
>>
>>25749131
What's the minimum number of cavity walls for an amalgam filling? My tooth is in bits and I can't afford a composite filling or a crown.
>>
It doesn't hurt at all. Get the twilight sleep anesthesia, it's where they inject you with this stuff that keeps you in stasis between unconsciousness and consciousness. You wake up an hour or so later feeling groggy, then you go home and rest for a couple days. The pain is negligible, I took care of it with 800mg ibuprofens, and saved the oxycodone to get fucked up on.
>>
>>25748280
dude just do it.

You also made me realize that my panoramic x-ray was shit.

I should rape the technician to death.
He positioned me wrong, so it's blurry, and he set up the machine wrong, so my jawbones aren't all visible.
>>
>>25748280

you can either go to the dentist and get it fixed, or die

those are literally your two options.

untreated teeth problems can literally kill you.
>>
>>25749893
also what is this?
Did you have an extraction, or is it a new one coming out?

>untreated teeth problems can literally kill you.
I second this.
I wish I knew the issues a dental infection can cause beforehand.
>>
File: 1.jpg (391KB, 2874x1348px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
391KB, 2874x1348px
>>25749957
forgot pic asdkjfbaksj
>>
>>25749810
> amalgam filling

They aren't really used anymore over here.
>>
File: 1309722711647.jpg (29KB, 480x490px) Image search: [Google]
1309722711647.jpg
29KB, 480x490px
At least you don't have it as bad as me. My bottom wisdom teeth were growing horizontally, so the dentist had to cut my gum open in a triangle shape and BREAK the fucking tooth into smaller pieces, pick them out and then sew it back together.

It was a literal fucking nightmare.
>>
>>25749957
> Did you have an extraction, or is it a new one coming out?

Rather looks like one that isn't coming through/fully developed.
>>
>>25750033
ah that makes more sense.
>>
>>25749810
dude NEVER get an amalgam filling.

Metal poisoning is a very real thing, and you don't want this to happen to you.
>>
>>25750157
How come you don't get metal poisoning from your tinfoil hat?
>>
I am here to offer a potentially differing clinical opinion, fuckers.
>>
>>25750208
Aluminum tinfoil hats can cause Alzheimer's if they're used to cook your food.
>>
>>25750376
Not if you get in the oven wearing it.
>>
>have a painless hard bump on top gums for the last 6 months
>can't afford to get it looked at

Welp, hope it's not cancer.
>>
>tfw horrible teeth
>missing two
>cavitys on a bunch
>yellow af

I'm done school in two years, first thing in doing once I'm working is flying to Mexico and getting a brand new mouth.
>>
>>25748280
I had to go to the dentist since I can remember. Behind two of my upper front teeth, the second from the middle, was a little bump thad had to be abraded every three months. My dentist was one of the nicest persons I knew and after each visit i got a booster of the old Pokemon cards. After that I got my braces for a few years and when I was done with them my wisdom teeth had to be removed. I created a playlist with epic music, Two Steps from Hell etc. and listened to it while they removed them. One was no problem, but the other one grew so fucked up that they had to cut it in Pieces. That motherfucker of a tooth needed 25 minutes until it gave up. I didn't go to my dentist but to an oral surgeon and I suggest you to visit one too. He removed a fucktons of wisdom teeth in his life on a daily basis and even joked with me during the operation. I was so relayed that even my heart rate was as low as it is while I'm typing this.

tl:dr:
call an oral surgeon, ask google to find a nice one near you, trust him and get those motherfuckers removed while listening to some epic music.
>>
>>25748280

Rub cocaine on the sore area
>>
File: Aamon.jpg (28KB, 320x390px) Image search: [Google]
Aamon.jpg
28KB, 320x390px
I woke up during my wisdom teeth removal
Dentist didn't believe i was in pain
Told my mom "he's just reacting to pressure"
>tfw the dental assistant calls asking if I'm ok and says she need a Xanax to calm down after hearing me scream
>>
>>25750445
Probably abscess, you should get it checked ASAP, becuase it can spread to your blood system and get you a serious blood contamination.

I'm going to the dentist for a check up this saturday, then probably getting the tooth pulled and the abscess drained

This is the first time I'm going to the dentist in about 12 or 13 years and I'm completely terrified.
>>
I work in a dental clinic. Tell me what you're afraid of and I'll tell you why your stupid for being afraid
>>
>>25751029
I'm afraid they'll laugh at my small penis while I'm getting an extraction.
>>
>>25751370
No one will see your penis. No one even wants to faggot
>>
>>25751029
I'm afraid of making an appointment, getting to my appointment, etc.
>>
>>25751761
Sounds like your problem not the clinics. Do you want the dentist to come pick you up personally?
>>
>>25752037
doesn't matter who the problem belongs too dummy
>>
>>25752055
I can help you rationalize your dental related fears, but I cannot buy you a car. Sorry
>>
I can feel my bottom wisdom teeth coming in, but not the top. Haven't been to the dentist in years, but I don't have any pain regarding wisdom teeth at all. Should I be concerned?
>>
>>25752174
Yoy might not even have top wisdom teeth. It's not a big deal
>>
File: nangnang.jpg (49KB, 635x499px) Image search: [Google]
nangnang.jpg
49KB, 635x499px
>>25748280
I like to go for the gas
>>
I just had mine removed Tuesday. The only one giving me any trouble is the one that grew in horizontally. You don't even have that issue. Don't be a bitch.
>>
File: PANORAMICA VALENZUELA0000.jpg (381KB, 1976x976px) Image search: [Google]
PANORAMICA VALENZUELA0000.jpg
381KB, 1976x976px
I had mine removed yesterday and now my jaw is swollen and I can't eat properly. JUST
>>
I have an appointment with an oral surgeon later this month to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed. My insurance doesn't cover anesthesia do I have to be put under nitrous and local anesthetics. Not really looking forward to it. I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with nitrous and tooth extractions.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.