[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God will always love you God wakes in your shoes everyday He

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: The_God_That_Kept_Waiting.jpg (278KB, 1134x1001px) Image search: [Google]
The_God_That_Kept_Waiting.jpg
278KB, 1134x1001px
God will always love you
God wakes in your shoes everyday
He is of your nature and ours alike
Do not blame him for error
for he is of our world too
>>
>>25745169
>tfw someday i will kill myself
>tfw i will be with jesus, the son of god in the heaven having fun in the pool
Feels good
>>
>for he is of our world too
queue the 200 times the bible mentions or references that he "works in mysterious ways" beyond our mortal shitty comprehension and how he is always in dimensions we could never even hope to begin to comprehend

So dont bullshit me with the whole "god makes mistakes because he is human-like" unless you can back that up with a good explanation
>>
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
>>
>>25745197
sorry dude, there's probably like 200 people in heaven tops
>>
>>25745216
More

thisisanoriginalcomment
>>
>>25745213
http://www.deseretnews.com/top/802/2/The-Lord-works-in-mysterious-ways-9-misquoted-Bible-phrases.html

"god works in mysterious ways" never once appears in the bible
>>
>>25745213
God's do what he wants to do
our opinions are irrelevant.
>>
>>25745197
>literally rejecting God's greatest gift to you
>expecting to be with Him afterwards
Anon I...
>>
>>25745197
>suicide
Enjoy hell.
>>
File: gorilla.jpg (415KB, 1600x1558px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla.jpg
415KB, 1600x1558px
I am god

you can't explain that
>>
>>25745260
No but it is the main "teaching" or main purpose of many books, I havent read most of them but I know at least the entire book of Job revolves around it, not questioning God in any way because he is such different to ourselves that we could never hope to comprehend his reasons, like this >>25745263 guy says.

And I'm ok with that, that's God's main deal. I'm only.complaining about OP's quote whichis total bullshit, claiming God to be almost human.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 250x300px
>>25745169
Stop sleepin in mah dam shoes!
>>
File: europe.e.p1.300.jpg (1MB, 2041x2785px) Image search: [Google]
europe.e.p1.300.jpg
1MB, 2041x2785px
>>25745249
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
>>
Thank you lord Brahma. Can't wait to be one with you again after I'm done with the reincarnation pleasure and pain cycle and manage through karma to get reincarnated into an actual hindu body.
>>
>>25745248
No problem, we can share the pool
>>25745276
My life is a shit, I have obsessive compulsive disorder, i have a lot of obssesives thoughts and i can't live with them, someday (no right now) i will kill myself i know, never i will have gf i'm asexual right now, theres no hope for me in get a girlfriend
Right now i have a obssesive thought that says i'm gay and i'm not gay because i jerk off my dick with girls since i was 12 yo but i have this thought
>>
>>25745169
>God wakes in your shoes everyday

Why does God to to sleep with my shoes on?
>>
>>25745169
Christfags pls go
>>
God; you really think someone as omniscient as you wouldn't have the power to stop evil from happening.
Or send someone to eternal damnation just because they wouldn't be your little cheerleader?
>>
I wish I could reconcile with God, I really do. But there's too much evil in this world to believe in an objectively "good" God that takes part in our daily lives. I still haven'theard an actual good argument for this. And no, le mysterious ways meme does not count.

I do believe in a creator, a mover, the scientist, the inspirer, etc., but one who has left us a long time ago and is no longer involved with this world
>>
Hey God, can you throw me a bone every once in a while?
>>
>>25745408
>Thinking God is anthropomorphic.

BTW God created Good and Evil.
>>
>>25745484
why did he create evil

is he an asshole?
>>
>>25745457
>problem of evil meme
dank
>>
>>25745490
God is not anthropomorphic.

Good and Evil are like light and darkness.

You can't have one without the other, btw evil is just the absence of Good, it doesn't exist in itself.

Here we live in the age of darkness (according to all religion) but at the end of times (which is very near) light and good will reign on earth.
>>
File: lineofcrucified.jpg (48KB, 706x323px) Image search: [Google]
lineofcrucified.jpg
48KB, 706x323px
>>25745249
When you see the Way of the Cross, you see demise, because you judge it by those who have walked it in the past;
me, I see salvation, because I judge it by those who will walk it in the future.
>>
>>25745335
Gods dressing up like humans is basically crossdressing for them. It's really erotic and he pretty much always passes out from it. Luckily he wakes up early enough to put your shoes back in their place so you don't notice that he took them.
>>
the book of job killed my faith in god
>>
>>25745515
God can do anything. He could create a world without opposites. A world where people have free will but evil is still impossible. A world where nobody is bored by constant peace and happiness.

Instead he did this. Why? Cause his reasons are unknowable? Nah I just don't believe in him. Give me a reason. First mover? Apply that to him, who made him? You have an answer? Apply that answer to the universe you don't need him. Even if you call the first event God, there is no guaranteed need to worship it.
>>
>>25745537
>it doesn't make sense according to our 2016 view of morality so God can't real
you might be retarded anon-kun
>>
>>25745611
He didn't say that. Lacing faith in God doesn't necessarily mean that you immediately discredit the existence of one.
For example, I don't claim that God doesn't exist, but if he does, I hate him with every fiber of my being.
>>
>>25745611
I'm not interested in a god that would kill a guy's entire village and ruin his whole life just to prove a point

>but god magically brings his family back!
too bad that part doesn't happen in real life

the whole thing is an allegory for why god sends us through trials or whatever but unlike job, there's no fucking payoff for anybody
>>
>>25745655
*lacking
Not lacing
>>
>>25745522
Wow that's a pretty good one
>>
File: Winter3.jpg (48KB, 640x620px) Image search: [Google]
Winter3.jpg
48KB, 640x620px
I often finding myself wishing I could believe in God like I did when I was a child, but anytime I attend church I just feel like I'm lying to myself and everyone around me. Having some sort of spiritual security would be really comforting, especially since I lost someone dear to me this year, but I feel like a desire for comfort is not really a valid reason to fake believing in something.
>>
For me it's always been; if god legitimately cares and is active in peoples lives(theism) why hasn't he given me a sign that I can't attribute to something else. He knows what this sign would be, and he supposedly has the power to give it. Of course I always hear, "muh free will," when I bring this up but Satan has absolute knowledge of god and still has free will, so why does god knowingly make people who will go to hell, without giving them any foolproof evidence of himself.

God as a concept I can agree is likely to exist, but when you build a religion around this I just can't see how any could be correct.

>>25745493
It's a legitimate problem with god, why are you trying to memeify it?
>>
>>25745572
First mover and good vs. evil are two completely different arguments.

I'm completely with you on good vs. evil. He has the infinite power to create anything he so desires. He could have made this world into a free world yet without suffering. He chose to not do so. He chose to give us suffering, which is why I don't believe in his ongoing, current participation in our lives

But first mover dictates that, behind everything, there must be an entity that is simply beyond universal law. An entity that existed before existence exists. An eternal, unchanged entity. An entity that existed before our current universe. That is God. And there's no denying it. First mover is the single greatest argument for God. And our current understanding does not allow for any other explanation.

So yes, God was the first mover. More likely than not, God inspired life on Earth. God is the watchmaker to our infinitely complex lives. And God also left us a long time ago. He left us into a sea of a neutral, uncaring universe where good and evil do not exist, but suffering does. He could have prevented this, but he didn't. He left us.
>>
>>25745856
because it's literally a meme that teenagers on chinese cartoon imageboards repeat
>>
>>25746700
Well then go ahead and answer the problem with it if it's such an easy meme question. Why is there evil and suffering in the world if God is supposedly good and just

And I swear if you talk about meme questions and then answer with the biggest le mysterious ways meme
>>
>>25746891
I've seen your type before, raised into religion and then had the why is god mean moment. Yes? No? Whatever.

I follow no religion.

You are trying to manifest something you equate to being impossible. As such, you a preventing some kind of personal development.

The heart of your problem is you are getting mixed up.

Let go of the words and images. Figure out what is beautiful to you, what is important to you, what has value (not monetary).

Forget the word god. You have to respect nature to see it's beauty.

People are lies, their experiences are truth. All you are told is fact is illusion. You have to make your own faith.
>>
>>25746292
I never said they were both the same argument. I tried to say evil is a problem that causes my non-belief, then predict the next argument and state why I don't believe it. It might be a bit strawmanny to do that, but I'm not actively monitoring this thread.

I say the universe was eternal. Why? Cause time didn't exist before the universe. Even if there is a god that caused the universe's existence, there is no proof of it, and no proof it is personal.
However I don't believe that there was an eternal thing that caused the universe, because I apply the logic of a "first thing" just to the universe. It doesn't make sense to say "something must have caused the universe" because you can apply that logic to the thing you come up with. Its simpler to believe in just the thing you see, and simpler to not need a god. Occam's razor. At most I'd just say the universe IS god.
>>
>>25747163
I don't see what this has to do with my post.

I'm prefectly happy and living a fulfilling life. I don't need life guidance or anything nor have I asked or hinted for it in any way. I'm simply arguing against the other dude who said good vs. evil is a meme.
>>
>>25745799
maybe your just have a bad image of God?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.