[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>stay on uni campus to live because it's exponentially

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 14324740438536.jpg (834KB, 1821x1566px) Image search: [Google]
14324740438536.jpg
834KB, 1821x1566px
>stay on uni campus to live because it's exponentially cheaper than anywhere else
>need to have a student number to use internet
>mine just got revoked because I dropped out
>still living here

Holy fuck, I'm posting this from a library using a fucking VPN at the moment, I'm going to be without internet for an entire fucking year, what do?
>>
>>25741099
btw, I literally just paid $40 to use a VPN to post this
>>
>>25741099
>exponentially cheaper
I take it you were studying some fucking meme then, because that's not what exponential means at all.
>>
>>25741153
It could be a negative exponent tho
>>
>>25741099
God forbid you not be a total piece of shit and after getting kicked out find a job and support yourself like a normal human being.
>>
>>25741099
Did you get kicked out anon or did you drop out of your own accord?
>>
>>25741174
Not what I mean, "exponentially cheaper" would imply that the price changes exponentially, while I assume OP means it's just lower. You just can't compare two constants that way, that's like saying the price is sinusoidally bigger or something.
>>
>>25741211
I failed too much shit so I got kicked out, problem though is that I can still live on campus because I signed the contract while still enrolled in the uni
>>
>>25741266
What program were you in? What was your major?
Are you thinking of going back?
>>
>>25741099

Steal wifi (free but unsafe)
Share wifi (ask someone to share their connection/password, maybe give them a wifi router if they don't have one)

If you can't, buy mobile internet (but it's expensive and has low data caps)
>>
>>25741099
>get /fit/
>join the military
You have the time now but all you need is the commitment
>>
>>25741285
Electrical engineering

Can't go back for another year, so I can't do anything more this year for uni

>>25741295
The mobile internet I was thinking of doing, but jesus you're right, I'm looking at $80 for 6gb which I'll probably use up in 5 fucking minutes
>>
>>25741336
Oh so were you like, placed on academic probation and if you didn't meet it you'd get kicked for a couple of semesters?

What year are you?
>>
>>25741349
It was my first year, apparently I was excluded from the course and am not allowed to return for another year

I only found out today, woke up, went to student services because my timetable was fucked, and they tell me I'm excluded. Then I got back to my dorm room and hey, they've disabled my student account so no more internet

Problem here is that I live 10+ hours away from home, don't have a license and my family will literally disown me if they find out I failed
>>
>>25741251
It's obviously hyperbole, and a valid use of the word, you idiot.
>>
>>25741422
>excluded from the course

What does that mean? Were you excluded because you didn't have a high enough average or something? Not enough spaces or something? You've got to be leaving something out anon, they can't just kick you out for no reason.

How will you survive for a whole year? Do you have sufficient funds?
>>
3G dongle
>>
>>25741422
>family will literally disown me if they find out I failed
Indian, Chinese? Most white families would try to help you out, but there are always fucked up ones too.
>>
>>25741495
Apparently I failed my finals super hard and failed more subjects than what is allowed and that's what they said, I got excluded, which means I'm out

Also no lol, jobs up here are literally non-existent, they get gobbled up by just about every uni student here plus I have no car or any skills or experience so I'm pretty fucked in that aspect
>>
>>25741646
What's your plan, you gotta have a plan for these types of things. Can you even afford food for a whole year?
>>
>>25741435
"Exponentially cheaper than anywhere else" is like saying "That grass is acceleratingly greener than this grass." There is no rate when comparing two things.

the exaggerating technique is irrelevant you English major drop kick. The syntax the OP used makes no sense, because he is a stupid nigger; like you. (Also, do not attempt to use math words like "exponentially" anymore, because you clearly don't understand what it means.)
>>
>>25741726
Possibly yeah, I got $700 left and I used to only spend $20 on food a week so that's no problem, problem is getting around, which I gotta take a train or bus to do most of the time, which in itself can cost up to like $40 a week

My plan at the moment is maybe enroll into a community college real quick and just do a course there for the time being, still won't fix my internet problem though
>>
>>25741742
Not the guy you're responding to, but as a computational physicist perhaps you'll respect my opinion. Language evolves and always has done. Many of the phrases and bits of vocabulary we use nowadays that you consider valid once had markedly different meanings, and dipshits like you opposed their current usage just the same. "Exponentially" is commonly understood to be a term of hyperbole meaning "very" or "much more" or something similar when it is used outside of a mathematical context. It's not an appropriation of the STEM culture you value so highly.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.