[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mom enjoys me but thinks I should be living on my own at

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: roommate.jpg (43KB, 590x294px) Image search: [Google]
roommate.jpg
43KB, 590x294px
>Mom enjoys me but thinks I should be living on my own at 23
>finally give in and become a part time office wagecuck to make her happy

I'm not exactly happy to be working but it's nice to not be dead broke all the time.

I can now afford to either live alone and have about $300/mo to spend after rent and bills, or live with roommates who are looking to get a 3 bedroom apartment and asked me. I'll have about $1000/mo to spend after rent and bills if I take that route.

Do you guys like living alone or with someone else more? I feel like I'd be genuinely happier living on my own but I don't want to be fucked if an emergency happens since I live in the land of no free healthcare.

Besides financial stuff, are there any actual disadvantages to living alone?
>>
>>25739014
Living alone is better, do you want your food eaten? Your soap used? Your toothpaste used? Roommates just use all your shit
>>
>>25739037
are those little things worth ~$700?
>>
>>25739135
It adds up and it's annoying coming home and not having any food because your roommate had people over and they ate all your food.
>>
>>25739948
I still live at home since I'm a basement dweller but don't people have any common courtesy?
>>
>>25739014

this is obv bait and fake but i'll bite.

>300$/month to live

nowhere near enough. a month is 30 days btw.

>part time office job paying enough for roommates and having $1000 surplus net pay after all bills

my ass, top kek.

>part-time paying anything substantial
>>
>>25740000
He said $300 a month after rent and bills you illiterate moron
>>
File: timesheet.jpg (56KB, 1490x196px) Image search: [Google]
timesheet.jpg
56KB, 1490x196px
>>25740000
I make $15.42 an hour working a set 29 hours a week at a college.

That's after taxes I take home around $1450 a month.

I said I'd have $300 a month AFTER rent and bills. If I were going for bait I wouldn't use such a fucking boring thread. I'd talk about eurocucks and muslims.
>>
go for the roomies mate

save up that dosh and having roomies could help you un-robot yourself.
>>
>>25739992
They'll be polite for the first few months. Then they'll start taking your food, maybe your clothes, using your razors ect.
>>
Go for the roommates only if you can be sure to have your own bedroom with a door so you can be alone if you want.

Be firm about your boundaries, write up a roommate agreement and you should be OK
>>
>>25739014
I'm an introvert and was very concerned about living with roommates. Honestly the few friends I made after HS were all roommates pretty much. As long as you're selective and try to find people you might get along with it can be better than living alone.
>>
>>25740150
I don't think I'd mind if it was a good friend. but it does sound like it would get annoying after awhile.
>>
>>25740342
was going to pass up this thread coz it seemed like shit, but fuck you, you made this with the intention of having a roommate, there was literally 0 reason to post this here because its obvious you're looking for advantages to having a room mate. fuck off
>>
File: 1438667387041.jpg (236KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1438667387041.jpg
236KB, 800x800px
>>25739014
I do the living on my own with about 300 to spend, its pretty rough lad. Doable but rough, you'll be living paycheck to paycheck and there won't be much room for having "emergency" money. In my case I lost my smartphone and now imma have to wait a while to get another one and as of right now I have 20 bucks to use for the upcoming week which is honestly enough for food but god forbid I need to use it in some other way.
>>
Get the roommates. The less you have to burden yourself, the better. As long as you guys set boundaries and shit right from the get-go, you won't have to worry about them getting all up in your stuff like most of these guys are trying to argue. Being on your own is great and all, but if you can actually tolerate people enough to even consider roommates, you should room with them. You'll have your own room, and you have a lot of cash to just fuck around with or save up. Fiscally speaking, it's the more sound option if you want to indulge in hobbies that cost money like gaming or drinking or reading books that aren't from the library. It's also the more sound option if you're looking to save up for something like a car or school or whatever the fuck else you want to pay for that you'd have a hard time saving for.
Also, that emergency money. You'll be fucking glad when something retarded happens to your shit, or you get hurt or sick, and you need a good amount of money right away. Plus, if you decide that you actually don't like living with roomies that much, or at least those particular people, then you just saved a ton of fucking money and you can just move the fuck out without much worry because you've got cash saved up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.