[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ball Friend

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 36

File: Ball Friend.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Ball Friend.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /r9k/
I don't normally come to this board but /b/ was of no help to me. I apologize if this is considered off-topic.

A few weeks ago, in a moment of intimacy, I introduced my girlfriend to Ball Friend.
Ball Friend is a water balloon that brings me much joy and delight, an all-around wonderful companion. However, my girlfriend thought it was weird. First she laughed, then when she saw I was serious she told me it was weird.
A few months before this, I had a different Ball Friend who was resting in the bathtub when my girlfriend popped it by accident.
I was incredibly distraught but she thought I was just messing around.

Every time I mention Ball Friend now she gets weirded out. She says it's not normal, that it's "just a balloon wrapped in a towel," and that I sound like a creep whenever I talk about Ball Friend.

How do I get her to understand that it isn't weird and that having Ball Friend is good for me?
I think she would enjoy the company of Ball Friend if she just got over herself about it.

I would like to iterate that Ball Friend is /NOT/ for any sort of sick, sexual pleasure. It's just for /platonic/ comfort.
>>
what the actual fuck... um
>>
>>25737602
>>>/b/ is back there faggot. Don't come back here.
>>
>>25737651
Like I said, /b/ was no help.
They told me to get a cat, but I already have cats.
>>
I spend my days in an existence of loneliness with no end in sight but even I think that's weird as fuck
>>
>>25737673
How is it weird?
Instead of being lonely when no one is here with me, I always have Ball Friend.
Like a quiet pet, but one you can hold.
Non-judgmental, really.
>>
I'm scared of balloons because they might pop at anytime. Balloon popping is really scary
>>
>>25737602
>getting cucked by ball friend
>>
>>25737602
wow simply epic friend can't wait for this to end up on le /r/ 4chins XDDD

fuck off
>>
>>25737690
Yeah but OP ball friend is just an extension of yourself
>>
>>25737711
Right, but Ball Friend is full of water.
It makes the popping aspect easier to deal with.
It also gives it weight, like a living thing would have. It feels real.
>>
why don't you get a pet or something that could actually give you some sort of responsibility

granted, you'd probably kill it in some horrific manner, but it's better than a balloon
>>
>>25737741
I've never thought of it this way before.
You're right, but if anything, I feel it justifies Ball Friend. An extension of myself that I can physically interact with.
>>
>>25737755
I actually have several pets, all are pretty old. They seem happy, but I can't let them into my bed like Ball Friend because I am allergic to animal dander.
>>
>>25737722
No, like I said, there's nothing sexual about Ball Friend. And my girlfriend and I still make love, so long as I don't mention Ball Friend at any time when she's over.
>>
>>25737602
Personally I think ball friend is a decent idea, better to have something that comforts you then nothing at all.
>>
>>25737602
You fool, put away your childish things and start making warm fleshbags fall out of your paramour.
>>
>>25737843
Thank you! This is exactly how I feel!
>>
>>25737855
My girlfriend is actually terrified of pregnancy. That's okay, though. I mean, we both like our pets. And adoption is okay too.
I just don't want the commitment yet.
With something like Ball Friend, there is no commitment. No taking care of it. Nothing at all except piece of mind.
>>
Good thread OP

Very rare we get /trur9k/ related postings
>>
>>25737890
>piece of mind
Except for your girlfriend, who will always have to wonder if Ball Friend is secretly telling you to kill her.
>>
>>25737904
I've only been here once or twice before, just lurking.
I honestly didn't know if this type of thing would go here or not.
>>
>>25737922
She told me, and I quote, "you sound like a murderer, harvesting your victims' bladders and curing them and using them as stuffed animals."

I'm not crazy or anything, and I don't even have violent thoughts, so I don't know why she would think that.
>>
move, ball.
>>
>>25737602
assuming this isn't just b8
what did you do with the popped ball friend? save it? throw it out?
did you move on to the next one that easily?
when you talk with ball friend, do you give it time to reply/process your words, or does it just listen (like a stuffed animal)?
>>
>>25737958
It's like seeing a naked man in public.
He's not doing any harm, and is kind of funny.
But someone that acts crazy like that, you don't know what else they'll do.
I hope sempai notices my dubs
>>
do you realize it's just a balloon? or do you think it has some personality, like does it talk to you?
>>
>>25738001
With the popped one, at first I was just kind of in shock. I didn't expect her to pop it. I took the remains of it and, unfortunately, threw it out. Honestly, I don't know what I would have done had she not have been with me at the time. I wanted to at least seem reasonable in front of her.
It was a few weeks before I made a new Ball Friend, and no, at first it felt weird, forced almost. But I got used to it.
I don't really talk out loud with it, but more of a mental sort of thing. Like, I know it obviously can't process words or anything, but if I'm upset or even happy about something, I sort of channel my thoughts to it, in a way.
It's like a diary that I don't write in, if that makes sense.
>>
>>25738065
Yeah, I know it's just a balloon. I don't really assign a personality to it, but I am emotionally attached.
>>
>tfw no Ball Friend
;_;
>>
>>25738083
i do the exact same thing with a stuffed gorilla that i got when i was in kindergarten. sometimes i have sort of parties with other objects that i think with sometimes, and i imagine me doing all sorts of fun stuff with them.
jesus fuck i am autistic
>>
>>25738117
All you need is a balloon, some water, and a towel!
>>
>>25738137
It's just nice. I don't know what it is about it. Something you can share your emotions with and feel like someone is with you.
It's the only thing that doesn't make me feel like I'm being judged.
>>
>>25738145
>towel
What does the towel do?
>>
>>25738185
The water gets pretty cold, the towel makes it so I can hold it without feeling like I'm picking up ice cubes.
It also gives it a little more protection.
>>
>>25737648
fuck off you disgusting normie and don't come back you make me fucking sick
>>
What would happen if ball friend popped?
>>
>only one picture
Literally shit thread.
>>
>>25738226
people would get hurt
>>
>>25738226
It's happened before.
When I have to make a new one, it doesn't quite replace the old one.
I know I said I don't give them personalities, but I do make a differentiation between all past and future Ball Friends.
When one pops, the next one doesn't completely replace the last. I register it as being it's own thing, while also being Ball Friend.
>>
File: sweating jelly.jpg (502KB, 870x844px) Image search: [Google]
sweating jelly.jpg
502KB, 870x844px
>>25738244
oh no, there's actual discussion going on. what a tragedy
here's your image, retard
>>
Have you had a psychological evaluation recently?
>>
>>25738274
is your current ball friend the same color as the previous one?
how old was the previous one when it was popped?
do you buy the balloons individually, in packages, or get them through other means?
>>
>>25738283
I would like more images of ballfriend on this image board, you dunce.
>>
why do you need ball friend if you actually have a gf?
fuck man, I should be the one with a ball friend
>>
File: IMG_4803.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4803.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>25738244
Sorry, here's another
>>
>>25738337
Looks comfy. Doesn't he leak?
>>
>>25738304
>is your current ball friend the same color as the previous one?

Yes

>how old was the previous one when it was popped?

Sadly, it was only a few days old. My current Ball Friend is about three and a half months old now.

>do you buy the balloons individually, in packages, or get them through other means?

I have a large bag of balloons that I had gotten a long time ago for different reasons. I started using them for Ball Friends around a year ago I think.
>>
File: 1384710271567s8.jpg (505KB, 1000x710px) Image search: [Google]
1384710271567s8.jpg
505KB, 1000x710px
>>25738319
dang it
i messed up
well ive already committed
>>
>>25738349
Nope, surprisingly enough. The towel helps a lot, though.
>>
>>25737602
>>25738337
wow man
if your not trolling then this is actually pretty cool
if your gf doesnt like it she can just go fuck herself, there's no reason for you to change and give stuff up if you dont want to and its not hurting you. If she cant deal with that then tell her to fuck off
>>
>>25738328
I don't need Ball Friend when she's around, however she and I don't live together at the moment. She's in the process of moving in now, and I don't know if I'll continue to need Ball Friend after everything settles down.
I think I still will, just for the comfort of having at least one thing in my life that I don't feel judged by.
>>
>>25737602
Please, be a normal autist and play video games to fill that whole in your heart left by the deep emotional scarring you expericenced during your larval stage.

I recommend this: http://www.slimerancher.com
>>
>>25738421
It's not that she doesn't like it, she just doesn't understand it.
Which I get, I mean, everyone has at least one weird quirk.
Granted, I know this is probably weird to her. She's a normalfag, I mean, literally. Blonde, has lots of friends, aspiring makeup artist.
Whereas I'm sort of a loser in a spiraling pit of depression and obsessive compulsive disorder.
We've been together almost four years, though, surely she must know that I'm nowhere near normie tier.
>>
>>25738437
>http://www.slimerancher.com

That's...actually pretty neat looking. And they sort of look like Ball Friend.

Thanks, I might get this
>>
>>25738319
Anything of Ball Friend you'd like to see in particular?
Though, being a sphere, once you've seen one angle you've seen them all really.
>>
>>25738516
>sorta look like ballfriend
That's why i recommend it. It's in alpha, so more features will be coming soon.

Ballfriend would be infinitely more alive than he is now.

Here's a link to a crack: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lpJFFp5Rof0

I recommend you trial it with the crack before you buy if you want to support the devs.
>>
>>25738551
Did you give ball friend a gender or is it just "it"?
>>
>>25737602
Just get an actual ball or a stuffed animal, OP lol.
>>
>>25737671
Its the fact you browse is bad you dumbass. Just stay there you cancer

SAGED
>>
>>25738642
Just "it". Not like an inanimate object sort of "it", but like the way gods are "it". Still a being, just without gender.

And no, I'm not implying I believe Ball Friend is god or anything.
>>
>>25738551
Get a dry erase marker and clear scotch tape. Apply scotch tape to ball friend, draw eyes and mouth on ball friend. If you want him to have a different expression, wipe the dry erase marker ink off with a paper towel. Post picks.
>>
>>25737648
Kill your yourself you fucking normie scum
>>
This is the best thread I have seen in years. This is why I liked 4chan originally.
>>
Why do you wrap it in a towel?
>>
File: IMG_4805.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4805.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>25738693
I didn't have any clear tape, this is all I could find.

I actually prefer it not having a face, or any discernible features for that matter. I don't know why, I guess it just looks more "there for you," like that one cat picture of the cat that looks like he just understands.
>>
File: LLVQdV8.jpg (36KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
LLVQdV8.jpg
36KB, 500x371px
>>25738798
This is the cat I meant
>>
>>25738744
It keeps the water inside from getting too cold to touch, and gives it extra protection.
>>
Wouldn't be nearly as bad if you'd stop calling it fucking ball friend, it makes you sound like a sociopath that carries a backpack full of severed cat heads where he goes. Be an adult and call it your emotional therapy device, or therapy ball. That would've softened the blow 200% when telling your gf, instead of being a fucking weirdo about it with "Hi hello girlfriend yes meet Ball Friend."
Makes it sound as though you believe it's a living thing. Make sure to clarify that there's a disconnect and you understand it's a device, not a creature.
>>
File: Circle_cos_sin.gif (517KB, 650x390px) Image search: [Google]
Circle_cos_sin.gif
517KB, 650x390px
this thread is very comfy
i like it
>>
>>25738842
I like that. "Emotional Therapy Device."
That actually sounds way more professional and less sociopathic.
Granted, I'm still going to refer to it as "Ball Friend" in my head, but I'll definitely be using "Emotional Therapy Device" in conversation.
>>
>>25738640
Thanks, friend.
This is really nice!
>>
File: D8bT9tz.jpg (126KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
D8bT9tz.jpg
126KB, 1200x1600px
>>25737602
Boy, I tell you hwhat; have you been with ball friend longer or your girl longer? If she don't got enough love in her heart for both you and ball friend, then she don't got enough for you anon.
>>
>>25737602
Do you ever have dreams about Ball Friend?
>>
HOLY SHIT YOU GET IT. I've had the same little Lego guy for as long as I can reasonably recall, and he's one of my closest friends. He's not an actual person, so he's not what most people would call a friend, but those people can go fuck themselves. His name is Mr Abe Tophatman. Abe has been through just about everything with me. Whenever I'm nervous, I just sorta hold him and think with him. Kinda like having a conversation, but I don't need to bother converting ideas to English. Abe sits in my pocket any time I'm starting something new. I know he's not real, and that makes better. I'll take a picture if there is interest.

Typing this out I realize how autistic it sounds.
>>
>>25738962
Thanks Pepe Hank.
I've actually been with her longer, although I've had other types of "ball friends" that predate our relationship.
Several years ago, before I switched to balloons, I had Glove Friend. (Yes, I literally called it Glove Friend. I don't know why I add the "friend" part, it just sounds less threatening. Or did.)
Glove Friend served the same purpose as Ball Friend.

So, although our relationship has been around longer than the actual physical Ball Friend, the /idea/ of Ball Friend has been something I've used for several years.
>>
>>25739002
Oh my god. You understand.

I couldn't put it in words really, but you explained it perfectly.

>kinda like having a conversation
>dont need to bother converting ideas to english
>know hes not real, makes it better

This is how I feel with Ball Friend. Just a physical object that makes me feel better when I'm having a lot of emotions that I can't explain to other human beings.
>>
>>25737602
Top motherfuckin kek desu
>>
>>25737602
This is fucking retarded but i like it
>>
>>25738991
I don't think I've ever had one?

I don't know for sure, my memory is shit. But I know sometimes if I'm not home and start feeling stressed I might daydream about it, like a reminder of home.
>>
File: 1283037901653_f.jpg (39KB, 369x279px) Image search: [Google]
1283037901653_f.jpg
39KB, 369x279px
>>25739096
>if I'm not home and start feeling stressed I might daydream about it, like a reminder of home.

How comforting.
>>
File: 1445660861889.jpg (55KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1445660861889.jpg
55KB, 396x385px
>>25739077
>>25739002
How would one go about forming a friendship and life long companionship with an inanimate object? I'm not hating, just curious. I used to have one of those "My Buddy" dolls.
>>
>25739077

Actually crying. Thought I was a full Looney all these years. Literally everyone in my life who ever knew I had Abe has made fun of me. I'm not alone. Today was a good day.
>>
>>25737602
How do you deal with the limited lifespan of Ball Friend? A water balloon can't last that long, and even under perfect conditions the rubber would degrade over time. It seems like having a Ball Friend would be a bittersweet experience, which is hardly comfy. That could just be that I'm autistic and hate change, though.

On a lighter note, I cracked up at this:
>>25738798
>>
you see, this is what /r9k/ is all about. It's times like these that I'm reminded of how wonderful of a place the world can truly be
>>
>>25739173
I guess it could be whatever's comforting to you.
Whether it's something from your childhood, or something you make that just feels right.
It sounds stupid, but you just kind of feel better when it's around.
>>
>>25739176
This makes me feel so much better as well.
I knew with 7 billion human beings on the planet, SOMEONE had to understand how I feel.
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo4.jpg (54KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo4.jpg
54KB, 800x600px
th-this is my friend...

he is a rabbit but his name is Bear

When I think, or when I am just sitting around, I stick my fingers inside the holes and play with his stuffing. After 20+ years this has resulted in alot of ratty, grey, twisted up stuffing. You can see that I have replaced it with some new stuffing a few years ago.
>>
If this is bait, it's high quality. Thank you for sharing with us, OP.
>>
File: image.gif (93KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
93KB, 500x281px
>>25738798
Here's how you properly make faces for inanimate objects. Do the adventure time method. No noses or eyebrows. Space the eyes farther apart and make them bigger.
>>
File: image.gif (125KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
125KB, 500x500px
>>25739287
Here's anothha one.
>>
>>25739198
I also hate change. And it is unnerving sometimes. But I think what makes it better for me is that I can /always/ have Ball Friend.
It's just a balloon, water, and a towel.
I guess that's what comforts me. Even though I see each one as an individual thing, the concept is always the same. It's just an object that I can relay jumbled up emotions and thoughts to.

Having OCD, a lot of the time I have no idea what emotion I'm feeling, and it makes it damn hard to answer the question "what's wrong?" when people inevitably ask.

I guess with Ball Friend, it's a way for me to feel like I'm getting rid of the thoughts or emotions I'm feeling.
>>
>>25739231
My 3 year old nephew has a favorite blanket. He gave it a name and always has it near. It's probably something like that.
>>
>>25739282
Surprisingly enough, it's not bait.

Originally I came expecting to be made fun of, but I'm actually really happy that you guys understand, and even have similar experiences.

It's really great when you find out you aren't so weird after all.
>>
>>25739269
He's adorable, I love it.

I'm glad you still have him, even after so long.
>>
>>25739344
Really?
So what exactly caused you to make one in the first place?
How many of these have you been through?
How many people know you do this?
>>
>>25737602
If your chick refuses to accept it, you really should make a deal out of this because it's a respect issue. I would never dream of seriously mocking a girl for her favorite stuffed animal or telling her it was creepy, it's a comfort thing.

How on earth to managed to get a gf when you're borderline emotionally dependent on a water balloon is beyond me, but she sounds like a manipulative selfish cunt from the little I've read. Don't give in to this if it's really a comfort thing for you.
>>
File: Picnic_With_Nikke.jpg (73KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Picnic_With_Nikke.jpg
73KB, 500x350px
I had a ball girlfriend once, we used to always go to the park. One day she just ran off with some nigger. I saw them by the basketball courts and he didn't even care about her. He was passing her around to all his friends to see if they wanted to try and score with her. Broke my fucking heart. I was so angry I left, but later I heard one of them eventually shot her. I still miss her, pic related, rip in peace Nikke.
>>
File: rainbows_cousin.jpg (39KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
rainbows_cousin.jpg
39KB, 400x298px
>>25739313
I just realized why I feel the way I do about the potential for losing Ball Friend. I had a similar Friend when I was a kid, a bean bag stegosaurus named Rainbow. It looked like pic related but I remember it being more colorful. I carried him everywhere and would sit him near me when I would do things. I lost him when I was 7 or 8 and it was heartbreaking, and I've had anxiety about losing objects I love ever since. Good to know you aren't bothered by having to make a new Ball Friend, though.
>>
File: IMG_4806.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4806.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>25739287
>>25739312

I tried, looks more like a...sad frog...

I guess that really embodies the whole concept.
>>
>>25737602
Bro I hate to say this but I think you might have to choose between your gf and Ball Friend. And really, I think we all know how that choice is going to have to go: bros before hoes.
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo5.jpg (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo5.jpg
61KB, 800x600px
>>25739362
:)

Here's how he looks with the stuffing out, you can see some of the older stuffing.

My fav thing is to play with the backs of his eyes...

>that time when I was 7 and his head fell off

oh GOD JESUS NO
>>
>>25739425
Actually, you guys helped me figure out how exactly to explain to her it in a way that makes sense, and doesn't come off as murder-y.
>>
>>25739269
I have a rabbit too, his name's Brownie. He lives at my parents house because if anything happened to him I'd be sad for a long time and probably never forgive whoever did it.

I've always had a strong attachment to stuffed animals.
>>
OP when did this all start? When and why did the first Ball Friend get created?
>>
>>25739372
>So what exactly caused you to make one in the first place?

Not sure. When I was young, my mother was a nurse. She always had latex gloves lying around. I filled one with water one day and was oddly comforted by it.

>How many of these have you been through?

No idea. I've been doing it for years. Sometimes I might go months without one, though.

>How many people know you do this?

I won't just bring it up in conversation with people. The only reason I told my girlfriend was because she asked me what it was.
A few people know, some family members. They don't think anything weird of it, though they don't think anything at all of it, really.
>>
File: bear and his cousin.png (272KB, 510x287px) Image search: [Google]
bear and his cousin.png
272KB, 510x287px
>>25739446
When I moved away from home I left Bear at my parents' house too. Over the years I have increased my ability to lose things without feeling upset, but this one would be pretty depressing to lose.

Here is a pic of him like 6 years ago before I sewed his head back in place and refilled his stuffing. the other rabbit is what he used to look like.
>>
>>25739459
>when/why

Years ago, when I was a little kid. No idea why I made it. Just was oddly attached to it.
>>
>>25739507
I don't understand.
Why of all things, a balloon?
If you're going to get attached tn an inanimate object, why not a stuffed animal of some sort?
Your girlfriend would probably find that endearing.
>>
>>25739410
I'm so sorry to hear that.
I have a few things from my childhood that I can't imagine ever losing. (A blanket my grandmother gave to me the day I was born, that's the big one.)
Honestly I don't know what I would do if it ever came up missing.

So I understand why you'd be fearful of losing things still to this day.
>>
>>25739551
I'm not OP but I used to fill up water balloons as a kid and I would play with them like they were little animals or babies.

I really get what you mean OP, they really do seem like living things. I forgot I used to do that and now thanks to this thread I might make some.
>>
>>25737602
I understand that feeling you get from ball friend, but I have to ask, why a water ballon and not some sort of toy you've had as a child? And do you talk to it and think of it kinda like how tom hanks thought of Wilson in "Cast Away"?
>>
>>25739566
I can understand playing with them, sure.
I'd do that as a kid too.
But using one as an emotional support?
I'm genuinely not trying to be rude here. I just can't follow the thought process here.
>>
>>25739432
Looks super comfy desu
>>
>>25739551
I think what >25739410 said has a lot to do with it.

I have stuffed animals and trinkets that I could find comfort in, but the fact that I could so easily lose it or it be destroyed somehow would be devastating.
Relying on something that is irreplaceable just wouldn't give me any comfort, I'd be too scared of the "what ifs".

A balloon is just a balloon, there's nothing special about this one, and at any time I can just make another. The fact that it's the same comfort object, easily recreate-able again and again, it's reliable.
>>
If it wasn't for OP having a normal boring girlfriend and being normal by association, OP would probably be a rad dude to hang out with.

>used to have a tiny pillow a cousin has made for me when I was a baby
>would sleep with it all the time as a young kid
>lost it or gave it away with my legions of other stuffed animals sometime throughout moving probably in my tween years
I don't have anything anymore that would be on the status of a Ball Friend. However, I do have a tiny stuffed bear that a friend sent me for my birthday around three years ago that I have always kept on either my computer desk or a small chester drawer beside my desk. I don't speak to it nor does it have a name but he constantly sits there and exists.
>>
>>25737602
Ball friend sounds nice. I used to do something kind of similar:

I always used put a lego arm that fell off of a lego man into my pants pocket. Every time I would reach into my pocked to get something I would feel it and it would make me smile.

Sadly, lego arm thing was lost in the washer a year or so ago :(
>>
My friend is inside my head and it tells me everyday to kill myself but 1st i need to kill other people. He told me he would give me their names when the time comes by.
>>
>>25739607
Hm, I think I understand now.
Doesn't the fact that it IS so replaceable upsetting?
That you could just pop it pretty easily?
Presumably you aren't taking Balloon Friend wherever you go, so if you got attached to say a teddy bear it's not like it could ever get lost really.
>>
>>25737602
This is actually a nice thread. I think it's good that we can still have real discussion on this board.

Anyways, I have something similar OP. I've never excelled at social convention nor have I have never been able to integrate into normiehood due to my inability to read social cues and appear normal. It's always been hard for me to communicate and express feelings so I always kept this shoe box with an egg I hollowed out and filled with cement as a kid.

It's been about 15 years and it's still sitting in my closet, It's just a dumb little knick knack I somehow formed an emotional attachment to. I do the same as you, I like to sometimes channel my emotions and thoughts into it, as an attempt to kind of express my feelings to an entity that wouldn't judge or ridicule me as a person might. It's nice knowing there's a way for me to get things off my chest, it's very comforting knowing that it's always there for me no matter what.
>>
>>25739647
show me the egg please
>>
>>25739432
>>25739531

He looks like he's been through a lot, and still comfy and nice to have with you.
>>
>>25739584
Well...To me it's easy. I'm the one with the torn up rabbit so it really makes sense in my mind.

>have toy
>think it is cute/nice/fun
>enjoy having it around
>when you're sad, seeing it or interacting with it makes you feel a little better

...I mean...it's obvious right? Playing with it triggers good feels, so in the future simply having it around should cause your brain to feel good upon seeing or thinking about it. In that way it gradually becomes a "friend" because it's something you can turn to, that you have some memories with, that will make you feel less alone.
>>
>>25739621
RIP lego arm ;_;
>>
>>25739711
This is just interesting because I've never seen it used in a context like this.
Like in Castaway he got attached to a ball because he had no forms of communication with other humans so that was natural.
There are also people who will get attached to certain objects from childhood because it represents someone who's died/a lost sense of innocence/etc.
But this is something entirely different.
>>
>>25739689
I wish I could but it's too late to take photos. I don't keep lights or lamps in my room.
>>
>>25739647
Wow, Cement Egg is like the physical opposite/compliment of Ball Friend, almost
>>
>>25739635
I'm not upset by it. Sure, when it pops it's kind of sad, but knowing I can always have one, that will always serve the same function, makes it better.
With a teddy bear, there's just the one.
Especially toys from your childhood and whatnot.

And yeah, I don't take it with me, but I get a sort of paranoia about losing things, even things I just leave at home. I worry about them getting thrown out by accident or something like that.

Knowing that, in life, no matter where I am or what I'm going through, I can just create my comfort object, that it's is the same one I've had my whole life, it's nice.
>>
>had a rubber handball friend named Roger when I was seven
>would take him everywhere with me, snugly nestled in my pocket
>tfw some schoolyard proto-Chads stole him from me and threw him onto the roof of the school

Gone but not forgotten

;_; I'll come back for you someday, Rog
>>
Op you legit convinced me to get a ball friend of some sort
>>
>>25739740
Well, it's kind of still like Castaway. Even though I can interact and talk with people around me, I'm still stranded on an island by myself with an ocean between me and them, when it comes to being able to express myself. Sometimes. So it's nice to have a Wilson with me.
>>
>>25739800
I am not OP btw
>>
>>25739647
>channel my emotions and thoughts into it
>entity that doesn't judge or ridicule
>comforting to know it's always there

Thank you, anon. It's really incredible to find that other people know how I feel and what I mean.
I had no idea that anyone would be able to perfectly put into words what I was trying to explain.
>>
>>25737602

>Every time I mention Ball Friend now she gets weirded out.
What do you say about Balloon Friend to her?
>>
I KNOW THAT FEELING. I FUCKING KNOW THAT FEELING.

A few years back I bought a plastic bear thing full of air. He was squishy and wobbly and always cool to the touch. I loved fondling him at night, it was relaxing. But I popped a hole in him and then there was no more bear.
>>
>>25739845
Well, before this thread I was kind of at a loss for how to explain it to her. So I probably ended up sounding pretty insane.

Now it's so much easier for me to relay to her the concept of it, and even have other people to cite for doing similar things.
>>
why not a cat
>>
I've got a couple of things that I've had pretty much since I was a baby that I can't bring myself to get rid of, they mean too much to me

>blankie, my worn, ratty baby blanket
>still makes me feel safe, brings back good memories of being young

>some ceramic statue of a bunny playing baseball
>Venusaur action figure with working razor leaf, makes me think of the Christmas I got him
>>
>>25739740
>>25739800

It is like Castaway in a sense.

Like you said, anon, I'm still stranded on an island by myself even though I'm surrounded by people.

I have the option of interacting with others, and I do, however, there are a lot of jumbled up thoughts that I can't translate into any sort of language, and it's frustrating for me.
Those feelings and thoughts just keep building up, and I have no way to let them go.
Ball Friend is that release, something that just absorbs all those thoughts and emotions.
And the only reason Ball Friend isn't a toy or childhood stuffed animal is because I'd be obsessed with making sure it wasn't lost or broken.
With Ball Friend, I can /always/ make another one no matter what. So I will never lose my one means of communicating all the thoughts that I otherwise wouldn't be able to.
>>
>>25739972

>baby blanket

Both me and my sister have kept ours since birth.
There's nothing like a warm little blanket fresh out of the dryer to make you feel like a little kid again.
>>
File: Balloon Belly and Boobs.jpg (116KB, 1357x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Balloon Belly and Boobs.jpg
116KB, 1357x1015px
W-would you think any less of me for using what are essentially 'ball friend(s)' to make myself fake boobs and bellies?

I understand the comfort of water filled balloons, but only in a sexual way. I'm male, before people ask.

After I cum I feel very little to no attachment to my balloon friends.
>>
>>25740382
Nah, makes no difference to me.

Ball Friend represents more of an idea rather than an actual physical object.
>>
>>25740382
inflation fetish or just want to be a bellygf?
>>
File: BICkX-KCMAE2hEx.jpg (42KB, 599x795px) Image search: [Google]
BICkX-KCMAE2hEx.jpg
42KB, 599x795px
>>25740435

I would like to be a bellygf.

Would never go through with anything obviously, but having big boobs and/or a belly feels amazing when it weighs that much.

I do feel a lot of relief taking them off though. Literally do not understand how someone like Chelsea Charms can have gigantic boobs and still walk around. I'm fairly fit and they kill my back, even with a bra.
>>
>tfw still have imaginary friends at age 21
it's a weird kinda feel, I understand Ball Friend
>>
this thread is so refreshingly original and comfy, I'm glad you exist OP.
>>
>>25738798
Yeah nix the face, ball friend seems comfier when it's just a non humanoid objext
>>
>>25739559
I still have my childhood stuffed animals at my place for the same reason. Stuff has a way of getting ruined when left at my parents' place, I'd be so upset to find my doggies trashed.
>>
Fuck it, this is the best thread I've seen in a long time.

Ball friend can stay.
>>
I used to have an attachment to a stuffed dog and rabbit, this went on for years until one day my mum sent them to one of those toys for dindus collections.
>>
>>25738896
Fuck that, Ball Friend is a qt name
>>
After reading the whole thread, I like Ball Friend. But I just talk, joke, argue with myself in my head a lot. Is nice to know that the repeat of me in my head is there for me. Anyways I like this thread is nice thread.
>>
File: water_balloon_20.jpg (21KB, 307x409px) Image search: [Google]
water_balloon_20.jpg
21KB, 307x409px
Don't feel weird op here is my balloon bro
His/her name is sprinkles
It is bi-curious
It identifies as it
And its triggers are small balloons
Say hi r9k
>>
This is cute, OP
I hope you and Ball Friend have many comfy times together

It's ok to have a friendly object that brings you comfort in the darkness
>>
>>25737648
fuck you stupid normie
>>
>>25737711
Yeah same here, man. I hate being startled.
>>
I exert my emotions on a imaginary friend that I call Figment, so I kinda get how you feel op. Only I have to put my body in a relaxed state to visit their room.

Reading what I just typed makes me feel insane. Jesus.
>>
>>25744613
Thank you.

>>25746242
I don't think it's insane. It's nice to have something to exert emotions to. Something nonjudgemental that you trust and feel safe with.
>>
File: 1452376773208.jpg (200KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1452376773208.jpg
200KB, 1024x576px
>>25737648
ummmmmmmmm ummmmmmm
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
umumumumuumummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>25737602
>mfw you're too autistic for /r9k/
>>
>>25746489
Normo exit
Rooooooo
>>
Is calling someone a "normie" your coping mechanism? I mean you are all autistic neets which wouldn't be that bad, but you fuckers have no motivation to improve your situation.
>>
File: image3.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image3.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
This thread is really neat OP, Im glad you have something to share your feelings with.

I cant think of a ballfriend myself, I have a lot of stuffed animals from my childhood but none have ever stayed that close to me. I have had my cat for 17 years (since I was 2) so she has been around as long as I can remember and I guess is my version of ballfriend.

good luck with your girlfriend anon.
>>
>>25737602
IM SORRY WILSON
>>
>>25746708
Its not a coping mechanism, its just letting you know that you belong on facebook not here
>>
>>25746762
If I belong on Facebook you shits belong in the gutter.
>>
>>25746726
Thank you, I'm glad everyone is sharing their own experiences and their versions of Ball Friend.
It's nice knowing we all have something special that we can relate to.
>>
>>25746762
I'm on 4chan AND on facebook.
>>
File: 2016-01-14 19.43.19.jpg (1MB, 1596x1816px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-14 19.43.19.jpg
1MB, 1596x1816px
I have my Ball Friend too
Nice to see some people like me here
>>
>>25746803
Welcome to the gutter, dumbass
>>
Man I wish I could have a ball friend, but the reality of it being an inanimate object always hits me. The fact it will never talk to me, or love me unconditionally.
>>
>>25746971
That's the best part, though.
Nonjudgmental, no need to care for it, no worrying about it expecting something back from you in return.
>>
>>25746919
Very comfy, I like it
>>
>>25746919
I knew that I wasn't the only one
>>
stop trying to be a meme.
>>
>>25737602
Holy shit I did the same thing when I was about 7-8. I called it ball friend as well. It lasted a week or two then I killed ball friend by stabbing him.
>>
>>25747244
>then I killed ball friend by stabbing him.
Fucking devilish anon
>>
>>25739748
Why not? Sounds very inconvenient
>>
>>25737602
why not get an actual plastic ball or something?

it would be more long-lasting than a balloon.
>>
>I would like to iterate that Ball Friend is /NOT/ for any sort of sick, sexual pleasure. It's just for /platonic/ comfort.

This is tilefucker 2.0
>>
>>25747427
Tilefucker explicity admitted to fapping to tiles, ball bro just stated it as a friend. Fuck off fagatron.
>>
>>25747427
tilefucker fully admitted to being aroused by tiles
>>
OP what do you think Ball Friend thinks of your gf?
>>
>>25747669
I don't project any sort of consciousness onto Ball Friend. Apart from my own comfort from having it around, I know it is still just a water balloon.
Though if Ball Friend were sentient, I think the two of them would get along pretty well.
>>
>>25747427
>>25747468
>>25747483

Although I genuinely think Tilefucker seems like a neat guy, Ball Friend isn't sexual at all.
>>
>>25748162
You do realize gf is fucking ball friend behind your back, right?
>>
>>25748606
Trust me, she's pretty weirded out by it.
I don't think she's turned on by it.
>>
do you organize birthday parties for your buddy here OP?
>>
File: 1422470801023.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1422470801023.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
>>25737602
THIS GUY HAS A GF

THE GUY WITH A WATER BALOON FOR A FRIEND HAS A GF

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>25739269

hella dope.
>>
>>25737722
>cucked by ball friend

MY SIDES
>>
>>25737602
Explain her it's like a breakable plush
>>
File: tandy[1].jpg (73KB, 728x489px) Image search: [Google]
tandy[1].jpg
73KB, 728x489px
l know that feel OP
>>
>crazy Cast Away guy with a water balloon has a girlfriend
>I don't

Time to end it all I guess.
>>
>>25739785
I wonder if he's still there
>>
>>25746726
That's an amazing cat, very beautiful. Plz give her her preferred petting on my behalf
>>
>>25737602
In retrospect, Ball Friend is the perfect companion. He will never leave you, will always listen, and, being an extension of yourself, will always feel the way you feel. Godspeed, OP. And godspeed, Ball Friend
>>
File: 1421137315541.jpg (6KB, 255x98px) Image search: [Google]
1421137315541.jpg
6KB, 255x98px
>>25740475
>even with a bra
kek i can just imagine someone walking in on you when you're doing that
>>
Is Ball Friend only known by your girlfriend?
>>
>>25751021
>>crazy Cast Away guy with a water balloon has a girlfriend
5/10 laugh
>>
File: comfy friend.jpg (593KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
comfy friend.jpg
593KB, 2048x1152px
This is my friend.
His name is Tee, had him since I was 5 months old.
I rubbed his fin, resulting in it becoming "atrophied"
One time I lost him at a baseball game but my dad knew the janitor dude and I got him back for Christmas.
He is a watchful companion.
>>
>>25739774
I always get scared that things will fall out of my pockets or that my necklace will fall off when i'm in the water or on a public transport
>>
>platonic
This was your first mistake.
>>
File: crocadillio.jpg (340KB, 916x1632px) Image search: [Google]
crocadillio.jpg
340KB, 916x1632px
Since we're all sharing, this is Crocadillio, I found him in a wall that I was tearing down (I had a summer job as a construction worker, the company I worked for specialized in property renovation). I found him when I was 16. He's been with me through high school, college, joblessness and partial homelessness, and recovery into someone who almost passes for normal now (place of my own, car, paying off debt. Inb4 NORMIE GET OUT REEEEE). It's been 11 years. He's been a damn good friend.
>>
I don't believe this thread is real.

Clearly someone just watched Cast away and wanted to make a SO RANDUM XD THREAD
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 352x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 352x330px
>>25754311
And yet here the thread sits, before your very eyes. Do you yet deny it's existence? In a few days, it will be archived, and for most people, gone forever. Besides which, it's a conversation thread about object based self soothing on a subspace mining aficionado forum, that you're posting anonymously in. Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist? Does it exist?
>>
>>25737671
>>25737671

Get a bro cat they dont pop and are chill
>>
>there are people on this board right now who think this whole thread isn't just /r/4chan level meming

Fucking really?
>>
I understand OP, when I was younger I always felt compelled to keep some kind of inanimate object in my pocket at all times

I guess I grew out of it but it's ok that you didn't since you seem to be well-adjusted otherwise
>>
>>25755967
Seriously. This thread completely reeks of reddit.
>MY LE GIRLFRIEND THINKS MY BALLONBUDDDY IS SO LE WEIRD AND KOOKY xD
>>
File: 1451810201038.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451810201038.png
98KB, 600x500px
>>25737602
this is weird even for /r9k/, do you play with BF ,talk to it?
>>
i get it. had a purple ball in college i would carry with me everywhere.
its just a nice thing to have
>>
>>25737648
Ok this is what you do.
On the upper left of your screen is an arrow pointing left. Click on that button until you return to your search browser.
Do this whenever you might find yourself on this website.
Thank you for your cooperation.
>>
File: DSC_0318.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0318.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>25737602
This ball is my only friend anon. We go on lsd trips together
>>
>>25758680
wow thats pretty neat
no sarcasm either
>>
hey OP, i had a very similiar exprience and after many visit to a therapist i kinda figured it out... its a copping tool for anxiety!!

some people use dolls, other toys, some just coins or banana... same shit.. but its a way to create a visual que and help with anxiety
>>
This is one of the most original opening posts I've seen on /r9k/ in a long time. 98% of /r9k/ threads today are :
>tfw small penis
>tfw short
>tfw no gf
>girls can't be robots, why are they on /r9k/
>britfag threads
>NEET pride/"wagecuck" threads
>cuck meme threads
Everyone telling OP to "go back to reddit" are literally people who've been browsing 4chan for 1-2 years, top, and are shitposting le reddit meme in an attempt to fit in with the crowd. This thread is the best thing to happen to this board so far in 2016. If you don't think so, you haven't been here long enough to grow tired of what /r9k/ has become.
>>
File: Untitled-2.gif (198KB, 1100x800px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.gif
198KB, 1100x800px
>>25737602
Made this FOR YOUUUU, starting out with flash and a tablet
>>
I hope this becomes a meme and kills off that faggot frog once and for all
Can someone draw a picture of ball friend curb stomping pepe?
>>
this was a good thread, OP. keep us updated about Ball Friend if you ever feel the urge
>>
Tee bee aych this sounds comfy and I want to try it
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.