[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal to feel completely dead inside all the time ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: cat sex.jpg (63KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
cat sex.jpg
63KB, 720x960px
>take anti depressants for 2 years
>suicidal tendencies stop
>Life is still a fucking mess
>Just feel completely dead and empty all the time
Is this normal ?
>>
>>25731645
No.

See a therapist. Or try going /out/.
>>
Antidepressants can make you feel like a zombie anon. Don't take them for a few days and you'll feel different likely. source: me
>>
>>25731645

To a certain degree.

Life can be very anticlimactic.

I don't know you were expecting. Not wanting to die everyday is a good foundation though.
>>
Dysthymia, OP. Look it up. You are the type that shouldn't be on anti-depressants and would benefit from a therapist that specializes in CBT, and not that hugbox confirmation types.
>>
>>25731645
Yes. That is the life that was chosen for us.
>>
>>25731901
>>25731901
>You are the type that shouldn't be on anti-depressants and would benefit from a therapist that specializes in CBT, and not that hugbox confirmation types.

While I'm not disagreeing, it's not that simple. Sometimes a mix of medication and therapy is needed.
>>
>>25732068
Anti-depressants are for the people with the real deal. Clinical depression is nothing to scoff at. It's why AD's were discovered, not OP's little pansy dysthymia that responds excellent to just CBT alone.
>>
>>25732233
I do have actual depression, If I stop taking anti depressants for any more than 2 days I immediatly start thinking of suicide and depression comes back
>>
>>25732365
And what are you doing other than shoving a pill in your mouth and making those magic brain-chemicals inhibit uptake on a special neurochemical? Are you challenging your suicidal thoughts and seeing why they are illogical? Are you not realizing how much you are catastrophying over nothing because your brain is making you do so? You develop this shit out of habit. You should consider yourself blessed. You have an advantage over many. THe issue though is that you haven't taken full advantage and worked with a therapist to train your brain so you can actually get off the meds.

Fuck you. I hate your kind. At least I fucking tried and still battle it every fucking day, with the AD i'm on only minimizing it a little.
>>
>>25731645
why does my emptiness feel like sadness, why do i constantly just want to bawl like a child why does everything feel so meaningless
>>
Being dead inside can also be caused by drug abuse too, maybe you should stay off the drugs
>>
>take anti depressants
>nothing happens
welp, guess there is nothing left but an hero then
>>
i dont get it either OP

when i see people either really angry, or really happy, i cant relate to either i just feel kind of dead inside
>>
File: Guess what.jpg (68KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Guess what.jpg
68KB, 960x960px
>>25732481
I really don't know what to actually do. If i'm not studying i mostly do nothing and have no friends or money.
>>
>>25732481
>You develop this shit out of habit.

not this guy but if said that to my face, that my depression is out of habit i would probably slam you and break your fucking neck this shit is the only thing that pisses me enough to do something like that, better don't say it IRL
>>
>>25732813
I have actual aspergers syndrome and much of my depression stems from isolation. Since 2011 I have felt this way
>>
>>25732481
TIL my depression isnt real
>>
>>25731645
>tfw bonebreaking loneliness
>tfw living in a shitty grey malaise because its winter and everything is varying shades of grey and off-brown grey
>can't even fap because it instantly reminds me of how much of a lonely piece of shit I am
>neet for 2 months now

I love my life
>>
File: 1452479804524.png (284KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
1452479804524.png
284KB, 600x558px
>>25732233
serotnergic antidepressants are clinically insignificant,they are not some super effective trump card to depression, they barely outperform placebo in 'double blind' trials that might as well not be placebo controlled due to the obvious side effects.
'real depression' is only curable through glutamate induced neuroplasticity, and even that isn't perfect

>>25732813
it does develop out of habit in a way, there are genetic dispositions to it but it's mostly to do with stress and neglect affecting the size of your hippocampus
>>
>>25733105
Can you cure it for me ?
>>
>>25733143
ketamine/mxe and therapy are your best bet
keep in mind you might end up with brain damage, decide if it's worth it. You also have to make a genuine attempt to reform your ways, or else you'll just go back to how you were
>>
>>25731645
Antidepressants can make you more depressed, but some misinterpret this increased depression as improvement. I recommend trying to gradually taper off of them and see if you can feel less empty.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.