[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have friendly classmate back in HS >friendly with everyone,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: cornerstonestonepuzzle41.jpg (204KB, 1000x791px) Image search: [Google]
cornerstonestonepuzzle41.jpg
204KB, 1000x791px
>have friendly classmate back in HS
>friendly with everyone, no one hates him
>always calm and cool, i played CS1.6 with him online
>graduate
>he goes to art school because he's interested in sculpturing and modeling and stuff, his parents are fine with everything as long as he's happy
>i laugh at him inside because art school? Thats ridiculous, he's going to be unemployed in no time
>my parents are somewhat pushy and force me to go to univ to study CS whereas i dont want to do anything in life
>stay there for like 2 years, dont have any friends, much less a gf
>word goes around seniors who're graduating are hired by companies at barely above minimum wage
>quit univ
>2 years pass fat kv NEET now
>check on the guy from HS
>he's now a stone sculpture maker
>makes a ton of money, lives in a huge house and has a car
>mfw an arts student can have his shitty stone sold for thousands of dollars but i, an intellectual cannot get a job for more than 8.5 to 9$ per hour

Fuck pure academics, learn a trade or something. Its too late for me, ive decided on leaching off parents forever now.
Why do retards say 'hurr STEM masterrace' when they barely make any money?
>>
>>25717169
you sound like a cool guy, secretly hoping your friend will fail while pursuing his dreams
>>
>>25717169
>Computer Science
>Intellectual
Neither is essential to the other.
>>
>CS
>intellectual

I laugh in your general direction.
>>
>>25717287
>>25717243
Dont blame me, i just went in the direction i was told to
>>
>>25717169

>thinking art vs STEM makes a difference

Success in life is all about luck
>>
>>25717169
Your first mistake was studying CS

Seriously? You're gonna major in a first-person shooter? what a gigantic faggot.
Hope you have some sick walls, kid.
>>
>>25717300
What a fucking sheep you are.

The dude you're talking about pursued a career where he thinks for himself, while you just mindlessly followed the crowd.

No wonder he's doing better than you.
>>
>being in any way shocked that a person with passion and talent is doing well in life.

There's nothing whatsoever intellectual about you, OP
>>
>>25717300
A very intellectual decision.
>>
>>25717169
"it's too late for me..."
stop whining and do something useful that you really like to do, like your friend. Otherwise you think in to years the same about friends who didn't think it was too late.
>>
>>25717169
>mfw an arts student can have his shitty stone sold for thousands of dollars but i, an intellectual cannot get a job for more than 8.5 to 9$ per hour

You're an intellectual who dropped out of a CS degree and doesn't understand the value of the arts? You don't sound sound like an intellectual, OP - you sound like a true pleb, like most STEM students.
>>
>>25717169
Is that your friends work? Because it looks stupid and is not "art" in any way. Unbelievable that people can make money doing this shit.
>>
>>25717524

>openly admitting you are this much of a pleb
>>
>>25717482
>stop whining and do something useful that you really like to do, like your friend. Otherwise you think in to years the same about friends who didn't think it was too late.
I dont have any interests.

>>25717524
>Is that your friends work? Because it looks stupid and is not "art" in any way. Unbelievable that people can make money doing this shit.
I know man, rich people gobble up any bullshit in the name of 'modern art'. His work is pretty similar, because honestly its quite difficult to differentiate two chiseled blocks of stone
>>
>>25717586
than build a hut in the woods and live with nature's gifts
>>
>>25717586
>honestly its quite difficult to differentiate two chiseled blocks of stone

Classically, sculpture was considered the highest form of art. You are the lowest form of plebeian.

>but muh intellectualism

No, you're not in the least bit intellectual.
>>
>>25717586
>I dont have any interests.

What a surprise you're a boring failure!

>rich people gobble up any bullshit in the name of 'modern art'.

You're really keen to let us all know just how much of a tasteless pleb you are, aren't you?
>>
>>25717581
>openly admitting you're this much of a pretentious wannabe "patrician"
It's just an oddly shaped lump of rock. It's not art and you're the real pleb.
>>
>>25717194
Call the fire department because you just roasted the shit out of OP.
>>
>>25717616

>the aesthetically challenged pleb thinks he's an authority on what is art!

TOPLEL!
>>
>>25717586
>i have no interests, skills, or credentials and still lament that i am unable to attain gainful employment
>>
File: 1443934721560.jpg (57KB, 361x241px) Image search: [Google]
1443934721560.jpg
57KB, 361x241px
>wanted to get into comics and cartooning for as long as I could remember
>work on my drawing near constantly in school, up into doing little shitty animations
>found out I'd be unemployed and broke as shit going to school for it
>plateaued and eventually stopped drawing because looking at it frustrated me
>lost my drive
>literally only did that so no skills in anything really
>taking some community college classes while I work a shitty call center job
>most likely going to kill myself at 30

I'm happy for your friend. he didn't give up and now it's working out for him. I just wish I wasn't so weak willed.
>>
Barely above minimum wage? There are a thousand jobs you can do when you learn to program. Take that ability to learn computer languages and apply it to anything involving typing non-english into a computer.
>>
>>25717169
>Fuck pure academics, learn a trade or something. Its too late for me, ive decided on leaching off parents forever now.

I am copying this for /r/justneckbeardthings. Thanks anon. Continue being an intelectual euphoric gentlesir
>>
>>25717586
You're just about the opposite of an "intellectual".
>>
>>25717822
>he browses reddit
>>
>>25717616
I'm not a sculpting expert, but if you think that's one rock then you're blind.
>>
>>25717169
>i, an intellectual
You're not an intellectual. You dropped out of uni because of low potential future pay. Then you spent years doing nothing.
>>
>>25717300
That's the problem. People inclined towards stem make money with it. People that do what they're told without proper justification deserve minimum wage jobs.
>>
>>25717822
literally nothing he said was euphoric
>2016
>not knowing how to meme

neck yourself m8
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.