[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know any good cheap hobbies? I lost interest in vidya

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

File: fag.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
fag.png
4KB, 225x225px
Anyone know any good cheap hobbies? I lost interest in vidya a long time ago and that was all I did. All the other hobbies that I'm interested in I can't really afford. I'm going to kill myself if I can't find something that I enjoy doing that I can afford to dom
>>
>>25708336
Fitness? I'm sure you can drop 10 bucks a month for a gym membership.
>>
>>25708336
try out calligraphy
Google it, get a wide marker and start going
>>
>>25708375
I already do extensive physical activities on Tuesdays and thursdays. I like it but don't really want to make a hobby out of it, thanks anyway anon I'll consider it if I get close to losing it.
>>25708376
I'm terrible at drawing and have an even worse handwriting and I don't really care too much for art, but I'll give this at shot. Maybe it will improve my handwriting at the very least. Thanks anon
>>
Anyone have any other suggestions?
>>
>>25708678
try backpacking
it might start off a little expensive but worth
>>
>>25709299
Any good locations to backpack? I don't live near any mountains or hiking trails
>>
>>25709331
hmmm, well there's urban backpacking if you can get into that. It all depends on where you live I guess.
>>
>>25709443
All right don't know much about backpacking but I guess that just adds to the adventure
>>
Start reading, that's what I do when I'm not here. I stopped playing video games completely a few years ago and just filled the void with books.
>>
>>25709479
>>/out/ has some threads that might help you
>>
>>25708336
I've aways liked drawing but was pretty bad, but more recently I've been getting bretty gud because I'm actually training now and It's very rewarding.

So at first is like:

>oh god I'm so terrible I have no talent please rape my face fuck this

>danm so it's like that, now that I see it's pretty easy huh

>danm I'm good

It's basically conditioning your braininto imagining things right by repeating thousands of times and incorporating it into a style. Plus, hoes dig it a lot.
>>
>>25709532
I tried that before. I just can't get into reading. Thanks though
>>25709536
Thanks I don't usually get on any other boards besides r9k but I'll be sure to check it out
>>
>>25708678
what do you mean with cheap? try piano
http://www.elektronik-star.de/Schubert-Subi88P2-E-Piano-88-Tasten-MIDI-2-Pedale_i28766.htm?gclid=CPOO5b2micoCFScFwwodBtYGmg
>>
File: 2016-01-12 22.04.32.jpg (714KB, 891x1138px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12 22.04.32.jpg
714KB, 891x1138px
>>25708336
Do what I do - restore antiques from estate sales

You'll make money
>>
>>25709632
Something that I don't have to pay a lot of money to do. A one time buy can be an exception though
>>
>>25708375
>10 bucks a month
wew lad where do you live where gym memberships are that cheap?
>>
>>25709669
I love this idea. This is the first suggestion that I really feel intrigued by. Not just "I might try this out see where it goes"
Not sure if there's too many estate sales in my area though
>>
File: 595949.jpg (470KB, 545x850px) Image search: [Google]
595949.jpg
470KB, 545x850px
about 5 years ago i got back into pokemon. for that long ive been trying to complete pokemon card sets. never liked the new mons so i stick to the ones made in the 90s and early 2000 (kanto and johto). pic related, this motherfucker cost me 30 bucks for just 1. i got it some days ago. dont be discouraged. most of them (commons and uncommons) cost like 5 cents each. digging through a box at a card shop is so fun though it takes forever to find them in good condition. before you know it you'll have completed like 80% of the sets for a few dollars. cant stop now
>>
>>25709673
I learn piano to, it isnt hard to learn.
Just watch youtube tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-PhEkAyoZU
sorry for my english btw.
>>
>>25709739
You're English is fine man. My grandma has an electric keyboard piano thing I'm sure she'd let me borrow. I think I might try this out thanks
>>
File: 2016-01-12 22.10.13.jpg (1MB, 1060x1883px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12 22.10.13.jpg
1MB, 1060x1883px
>>25709716
Startup cost is 5 dollars and the cost of whatever you want. I've learned a lot of good skills from it, electrical, paint and finishing, electric motor repair
>>
>>25709805
How do I start? Just go to an antique shop or something?
>>
>>25708336
Modelling is inexpensive and fun, especially if you're into military history and the like. I do it a bit, takes a while to become better at it, but its good fun all round!
>>
>>25708336
calligraphy guy back. go to reddit.com/r/calligraphy for noob advice (its plebbit but they know what they're doing)
tbqh you will suck for a month or so but you will pass hundreds of hours
good luck friend
>>
>script writing
>smoking weed
>cooking
>MMA
>knitting
>stone/crystal collecting
>movie watching/ collecting
>learning a language
>studying a subject online
>herbology/herbalism (something I really want to get more into, especially making elixirs and potions)

Look up lists of hobbies senpai
>>
>>25709846
So just grab some modelling clay and jump in?
>>
>>25708336
is it warm where you are? if so, hop on a bike and just ride the fuck around. it'll inspire exploration, it's decent exercise, and just overall pretty damn fun. you can take it off the beaten path and discover cool places just to hang out and (if it's your thing, not mine anymore personally) chill out and smoke a bowl or some shit. you'll find neat shit while riding around, and if you really want to, bring a garbage bag and collect cans and bottles and shit, then you can make a couple bucks after your ride, but that's totally optional
>>
Crafting
Hiking/going for city walks
Drawing
Reading
Sculpting with polymer clay
Yoga
Anime
Movies
Urban Exploring
Lifting if gym memberships near you are cheap
VN
Completely different kinds of games then the ones you played before
Music making with pirated software
Martial arts if you find something in your price range
Running
Biking if you already have one or buy used
Writing
Table top gaming if you have friends
Cards if you have friends
>>
>>25709871
Modelling kits anon, modelling kits. Planes, tanks, figures, ships, that sort of thing! You can even get anime licensed ones from Gundam etc, although I prefer historical kits.
>>
File: 2016-01-12 22.17.14.jpg (2MB, 1169x2555px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12 22.17.14.jpg
2MB, 1169x2555px
>>25709830
Antique shops, flea markets, and estate sales. Find some genre of item that you really like. I'm a fan man obviously. Then collect them, clean them, restore them, whatever you find you like best.

And you meet some really awesome people while you're searching for stuff
>>
>>25709778
I'm happy that I could help ^^
>>
>>25709870
I looked up a bunch of lists. Everything was either too expensive, not interesting, or required friends . That's why I asked here and I'm glad I did. Most of your things weren't on any of the lists btw. Also I am intrigued by the herbalism suggestion. Care to talk more about that?
>>
>>25709959
Oh that makes more sense. Yeah that sounds fun
>>
What are the things you are interested in but can't afford?
There may be cheap alternatives plus it gives us something to work with as far as your taste.
>>
>>25710004
Yeah! Usually you have to buy paints, and glue separately though, sometimes stores sell these little tool kits which are mighty hand for cutting and sand pieces down. Start off with some cheapo kits first, then move on to the more expensive and hard ones. Pretty soon you'll have a nice collection going.
>>
What I've got so far

>backpacking (ehh)
>calligraphy
>piano
>antique restoration
>card collecting (Yu-Gi-Oh, magic, pokemon)
>modeling
>herbalism

Thanks for the help guys. Anymore suggestions?
>>
Where do you live, what type of stuff are you into/want to try, and what kind of stuff (tools, gear, etc.) do you own?
Do you have rough budget?
>>
>>25709961
Hmm I do have two antique radios
>>25710095
I live in Mobile, Alabama (Rainiest city in U.S)
I'm not really sure what I want to do. I always just played vidya and never thought of what I'd do once I stopped. The only reason I stopped is because I'm a console peasant because I can't afford a computer that is anywhere near decent at gaming.

Not sure if this answers your question or not but I really like the idea of being independent and self sufficient. I've dreamed of buying a plot of land and building my own small house and have it powered by wind turbines and solar power. I also thought of buying one of those commercial portable sawmills so I can cut down trees on my own land and cut them into planks myself if I want to get into woodworking or something. Yeah it sounds pretty silly tbqh

Also I really want to get into beekeeping one day, but I don't have any land or the money.

As for my budget I don't have much money
>>
>>25709979
making tinctures seems interesting. I have tried it with weed and it was amazing. Basically you take any herb and soak it in alcohol for like 2 weeks(takes less time if it gets sunlight) then you drain it and have an herbal tincture. Ancient Chinese and other cultures used herbs for healing/medicine and as a mood booster. I've used Ginger as an anti-anxiety medicine and it works fantastic! Even certain herbs can get you high(like weed obviously). Idk I just love plants and herbs and you can store tinctures/elixirs for a long long time. Definitely a based hobby to get into. Like I said to try it with marijuana, get some Rum or vodka or whatever and make some bomb as herb tincture! Enjoy senpai.

http://www.organiclifestylemagazine.com/issue/7-how-to-make-a-tincture
>>
>>25710364
All right thanks. I'll look more into it
>>
>>25710085
>>25709979
>>25709870
Forgot to mention, Herbs are a spiritual thing for me. I'm not religious but I feel a deep connection to herbs. It sounds weird but even cilantro and parsley can help you feel close to nature and spirituality. Do some research anon. Wikipedia is where I learned a lot
>>
>>25709870
You sound just like my girlfriend sans the MMA
>>
>>25710085

Comics maybe?
>>
You can get into investing, you may make some money.
>>
>>25710085
>>card collecting
That gets expensive as fuck pretty fast.

>Anymore suggestions?
If you like herbalism then you probably will like foraging (aka. learning to identify, locate, gather, and prepare wild edibles).

If you like modeling then you will probably like sculpting too, or making miniatures.
A block of polymer clay is not that expensive and really easy to work with if you have practice with modeling clay.

Also Try hiking before backpacking first to get a taste of the outdoors. It has much lower gear requirements so you can acquire gear over time and "evolve" into a backpacker. That way you don't have a huge up front commitment in case you don't like it. That being said, if you work on you basic skills you should be fine even if you go full hobo style when it comes to gear. It is also pretty fun if you are somewhat good at making things to make some of your own gear or improvise and hack things together.
Be sure to get a good survival preparedness book and read through it though. I personally recommend "Complete Survival Manual by National Geographic" I have also heard good things about the "SAS Survival Handbook" but have yet to read it myself. You can also probably find "Camping for dummies" at your local library or some related book. And of coarse there are fuck tons of stuff online too. (as you can probably tell I like to hike and am poor too.)
The one think that will probably suck is if you don't have a car and live deep in a urban area with no woodsy parts. Although I have done tons of "urban hiking" I still much prefer getting /out/.
Which reminds me
If you have any questions or want to browse threads related to backpacking or hiking then you really should check out >>>/out/
Just remember it can be pretty slow.
>>
>>25710275
if woodworking interests you, then get into woodworking! seriously, there are big communities for it on the web, and a ton of people that would be willing to help you out.
>>
>>25710085
got a couple more to add, I'm the herb dude
>longboarding
>knife collecting
>Yu-gi-oh cards (lol Im trying to get back into this)
>>
>>25710590
I was more referring to>>25709736
When I mentioned card collecting. Also if you try hard I know that you can make a little profit from it. Also thanks for all your help
>>
>>25710648
I live in an apartment. I don't really have a station to do this. Plus the tools I'd need would be loud and the neighbors would get me evicted
>>
>>25710661
I have 2 cool knives and a decent Yu-Gi-Oh collection
>>
>>25710590
>>card collecting
That gets expensive as fuck pretty fast.

Nah its really not that bad. At least for Yu gi oh.
can't say for other kinds. I got some based cards at my local shop for like a dollar each. Some of the more rare cards were like 2 or 3 dollars. Really not that bad if you just go slow and get a couple cards here and there. I'm not really into dueling anymore just collecting.
>>
>>25710661
Knife Making > Knife collecting
>>
>>25710845
Intriguing. Care to speak more on this subject?
>>
>>25710559
>you can get into investing, and lose alot of money

FTFY
>>
>>25710899
I too am a poorfag, but it dose not cost as much as you think it would to get into it. And you can make pretty desent knifes will only hand tools if you want/have to.
Granted I do file by hand and it does take FOREVER and lots of effort and elbow grease for some builds.
Also expect to always run low on abrasives/sand paper when finishing a knife.
If you are interested there are tons of youtube videos on the subject. That is how I got started.
>>
File: wantsumfuq.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
wantsumfuq.png
2KB, 225x225px
>>25711047
>need money to make money
>tfw no money to begin with
>>
>>25711084
Definitely adding this to my list
>>
File: images.png (12KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
12KB, 234x215px
Fap into condoms and pin them to your wall with thumbtacks. Try incorporating different things into your diet to see different coloration patterns and whiff new and unique scents as your cummies ferment in their non-latex holding tanks. Once they have aged for 3+ years sell them as fine human wines and maybe profit. A hobby that makes money is inherently cheap.
>>
>>25711220
Thanks for killing this board
>>
>>25711220
jesus fucking christ how did you singlehandedly kill this board
>>
>>25708336
Reading & writing.
>>
>>25708678
painting?
>>
>>25711500

The other hand was busy fingering my anus, senpai
>>
>>25711220
>sell them as fine human wines and maybe profit
what's the best way to bottle fermented spooge?
>>
Hikes or other free adventures in your area of nature.

Or go to the city and find cool spots, get a cup of coffee or snack at somewhere you've never been. Observing people is interesting.

Start a journal or write some stories or poetry, it doesn't matter if its shit you don't need to show it to anyone.

Read. Comics, history texts, articles on chemistry, poetry, plays, etc. I think you'll find something to enjoy.

Practice a bit of sport with a couple friends or alone, buy whatever kind of ball and go to a public court or field and just fuck around, get your heart pumping.

Explore new music and films, the internet means you can explore anything at all pretty much

Go to a museum and learn some more about art/history/science/etc. your local library probably has passes so you can go for free or $5-$10 bucks.

Garden. Get a pet.
>>
>>25708336
programming, drawing, music

remember though that these kinds of hobbies require actual determination and it will take time for you to get good at them.
It's a good way of spending time, just don't give up too easily.
>>
File: mayorub.jpg (9KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
mayorub.jpg
9KB, 201x250px
>>25711594

Well when I was actively bottling, I used half-empty mayo jars to cover up my shady business ways desu. Nothing could possibly go wrong with advanced level hiding tactics
>>
>>25711084
I should add that I got most of my tools used which cuts down cost a great deal.

Also if you are interested do stock removal (where you grind the knife in to shape).
Forging knives (pounding it into shape while it is glowing hot) is much more expensive, much more difficult, and til you git gud will probably make much worse final results.
If you really want to get into the blacksmithing side of things then wait until you have plenty of money and a good work site for it. The most you should be doing with heat when starting out is tempering and annealing.

Again, plenty of stuff on-line including youtube so you can get a feel for whether you want to try it.
And if you don't like it all of the tools can be use for other stuff so it is not really a waste if you bought used and find a reason to pull them out ever month or so.
>>
>>25711609
>sounds like a good idea
>nothing fun in my city
>sure
>again sounds like a good idea
>don't have friends, can't really play a sport alone tbqh, plus I don't like sports
>never thought of that, sounds great
>museum far away, can go every now and again but can't make a hobby of it
>no lawn to start garden, have a pet already
>>
That is not how wine or fermentation works.
>>
BB guns are the best. Here's a good one for >$20 and the recommended ammo
(Paste both after amazon url)
/Crosman-Stinger-Airsoft-Pistol-Black/dp/B004V95EE8

/gp/aw/d/B005GXQR9O?psc=1

This gear I recommended is around 38 bucks and has enough BBs to last you a lifetime.

If you want: here is a speed loader for the gun

/gp/aw/d/B001BR4RO6/ref=pd_aw_sim_200_2/175-3044248-0264200?ie=UTF8&dpID=512PxduineL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL100_SR100%2C100_&refRID=1SHNFBDF69FVQEJ56H32

Get some friends (or find random peeps) a six pack of cola or beer (aluminum cans) drink with said peeps, then shoot cans with said peeps. This can be done without peeps. Alternative if you don't want to drink anything is buy some solo cups
>>
>>25708336
>>>/out/
get into camping dude.
its as expensive or as cheap as you want it to be. buy a sleeping bag and a tarp, hike out and sleep somewhere. it makes spending time alone a pleasure instead of a chore, and doing camp tasks makes you feel productive.
>>
>>25711716
Where in general do you live famalam? nature has always been a hobby and love of mine, I find it to be very peaceful and good for mental and physical health. going to college in VT partly cause of all the beautiful places to hike or just stop and see the nature. occasionally will get high innawoods cause I especially love the quiet then, but only if I'm with friends or somewhere where i can walk back to my campus or a bus stop
>>
>>25711845
I already have two bb guns actually.
Never really use them anymore because of lack of friends. I could try to get back into it
>>
play guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7snIzuCuLo
>>
>>25711845
Slingshots, blow guns, and handheld crossbow pistols are also fun alternatives.

Just be sure to check you local laws and don't be a dick/be safe.
>>
>>25711892
Mobile Alabama. Very wet place tbqh
>>25711929
Crossbow sounds fun
>>
>>25711917
>buy BB guns
>let people shoot said guns
>people = friends

Plan a hangout with pizza and beer and have shooting as a activity. Avertise a hangout as a small hobby conventikn in local paper/local radio/local etc for ~30-50 bucks. Require everyone to pay atleast 1 deniro to enter. Make money + friendos
>>
Anime

I hate videogames these days, but I do collect artbooks.

Been thinking of buying some gundam models.
>>
Go to local comic book shop, become part of board game club. Once you get familiar with the people there, plan a party, asking them to invite their friends. Find better quality potential friendos at party. Get familiar with them. Repeat the cycle of partying until you find the most suitable potential friends. Make them your friends
>>
>>25712195
Wouldn't it cost moneys to rent out a place to host said party.

Wouldn't work in my small apartment
>>
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I've actually been really depressed lately because I couldn't find anything that brings me enjoyment. You guys really helped, this is why I love this board. Good night anons
>>
>>25712247
Do eet in the park and settle down at one of the benches. Buy some solo cups and cardboard boxes and set up some shooting games
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.