[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>quitting prozac cold turkey what should i expect? seems

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1452283244185.jpg (76KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1452283244185.jpg
76KB, 640x640px
>quitting prozac cold turkey
what should i expect? seems like a fun time
>>
Enjoy your brain zaps, you fucking idiot.
>>
File: smiling-guy-2-600x330.jpg (44KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
smiling-guy-2-600x330.jpg
44KB, 600x330px
Wouldn't know, I'm not a low-test attention-whore who had to tell some lady his problems thinking she would help him by prescribing meds
>>
OP, don't quit cold turkey

Zaps are bad.
Taper off over a month or so
>>
File: 1427371846649.jpg (13KB, 200x215px) Image search: [Google]
1427371846649.jpg
13KB, 200x215px
heard its some bad shit

you dun goofed eating those jewpills in the first place

should have just smoked some weed sometimes

im serious. inb4 herbal jew, thats tobacco because it drains innumerable shekels from the goy and even eliminates them from existence
>>
File: 1452093468868.gif (382KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452093468868.gif
382KB, 704x480px
>>25706160
how long were you on them?
when I was younger I was on prozac for around 6 months, no withdrawal

also next time don't fall for the psychiatry meme
>>
>>25706177
>>25706245
>actually getting withdrawal

lmao senpais
>>
>>25706177
>>25706245
i got brain zaps from alcohol withdrawal

it was awful
>>
>>25706160

I got brain zaps! It was awesome, I couldn't walk straight for weeks! :D
>>
>>25706160
I have the same stomach...believe it or not
>>
>>25706421
I didn't notice anything either. I was a heartless cunt on prozac, quitting I got a lot better
>>
>>25706542
The reason I want to go back on it. I am a complete pushover now. I wouldn't take shit from people and had more confidence when on Prozac. Total depressed robot now. Dick finally working now which is nice but now too autistic to find a QT to put it in...
>>
>>25706160
Brain zaps, sweats, trouble sleeping, nightmares, wanting to commit suicide, and the chance of seizure.
>>
Don't cold turkey antidepressants idiot, people in my old town would get put in the psych ward for exactly that reason.
>>
>>25706160
who is this orgasm chasm?
>>
>>25706160
DON'T DO IT OP

TAPER
>>
>>25706996
Can't taper when you get cut off
>>
>>25707183
>Cutting your patient off from a psychiatric medication that isn't abusable but causes a very serious discontinuation syndrome.

Tell you're doctor I said he is a retard and deserves to lose his license.
>>
Not to sound like OP, a baby bitch divulging his problems to attract sympathy but - I have taken Zoloft, Prozac, Lexapro, Celexa HBR, and a few other anti-axiety/depression medications over the course of four years. All at the legal maximum perscibed dosage. All for atleast 3 months. None of them helped nor harmed me. They did not change my mental state while taking them, there were no sysmptoms of withdrawl when quitting.

I got paranoid and felt like they were all intended to be placebos meant for weeding out those who truly suffer and the dorm room depression type girls.

thoughts? anybody else experience this?
>>
>>25706160
OP this is a very bad idea.

If your current doc is cutting you off you should go to another doctor and get a new script. You could also talk to your pharmacist and they might just give you enough if you've been at the same pharmacy and on it for a while.

The taper is short (~3weeks or so minimum if you're on 40mg) but it's super important you do it.

Also you can miss doses for ~2-3 days and it won't be that big a deal, if you start back up again. Prozac blood half-life is pretty long (like a week)
>>
>>25707252
The only psychiatrist who accepted patients was an hour's drive away. I had to drive there every 3 months for a 15 minute appointment and a refill. I didn't have my life together and couldn't follow a schedule so I missed my appointment. I had to quit cold turkey. Later she sent me a bill charging me like $100 for not showing up to the appointment.
>>
>>25707274
Actually I'm don't think I believe you, I tapered off of Effexor over time and had very intense side effects anyway and thought I was losing my mind when I went completely off for good. I didn't bitch about it to 4chan during that time but I did pace around my house muttering like a lunatic and lied in bed wide eyed and awake all night for weeks. There is no way you didn't get withdrawal symptoms.
>>
>>25707404
There was nothing lost or gained by taking my perscriptions; only time. I never took EFFEXOR so I can't speak on it; however, I do recall that EFFEXOR was taken off the market do to the withdrawl symptoms. None of the medications I took are off the market, they are just under a different name.

It was EFFEXOR that got banned right?
>>
>>25707404
What really bothered me was everytime I asked for a new perscription, I got one. It's like they expected the previous medication not to work. I felt like I was trying to reach an endpoint where she would perscribe something REAL. At the time I Xanax seemed like an option but I could never force myself to ask for it because I felt she would see me as the "just acting to get drugs" kid. I was more concerned with my image than my own health, surely you can understand that
>>
any of you ever take Cymbalta? My friend is on it and they want off. But they went two days without it and they were a mess...
>>
>>25706160
Withdrawals are only unbearable if you're bored.

Find an activity to take ya mind off of it. I've always been a fan of maker-spaces.
>>
>>25707835

You're obviously pulling this out of your ass.

A nigga can't make shit going through serious SSRI withdrawals. You can't even go outside for long, let alone work up the coordination to do anything useful, much less enter a "maker-space"

Do you want some motherfucker getting a goddamned zap with an angle grinder in their hand? I sure as fuck don't
>>
>>25707814
I took Cymbalta for like two weeks and stopped. It made my anxiety and nerve pain go completely away, but I was absolutely disinterested in literally everything.

The worst was it totally killed my libido and made it impossible to cum when I did feel like fapping. No withdrawal, probably because of the short time I was on it.

I took Effexor XR for a few years back around 2003 and eventually had the same side effects as my short recent stint on Cymbalta.

I asked my doc to take me off, and this was before they knew about cutting you off of SSRIs cold turkey, or at least MY doctor didn't know. I got the brain zaps almost instantly after my first missed dose.

My doctor refused to believe it and claimed I was making it up. I got a new doctor and he tapered me off over a two month period and I was fine.

/endblogpost
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.