[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can suicide baiting on here get you in trouble? I know that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_ls913lrZ5j1qfbnd3o1_500.jpg (26KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ls913lrZ5j1qfbnd3o1_500.jpg
26KB, 500x346px
Can suicide baiting on here get you in trouble?

I know that making threats can get you in trouble but would people report a potential suicide victim and have his house raided?
>>
Most states now have laws against encouraging a suicide over the Internet.

It can even be a felony in NY and other liberal states.
>>
Legally, probably not unless you personally know that person. If you were taken to court for this, you would need to have some sort of intent such as knowing this person was actually suicidal.

It would be easy to argue that the poster wasn't aware someone was actually suicidal and likely thought the post was a joke. Or they themselves were joking and didn't think anyone would seriously commit suicide based on a few words posted on 4chan.

If you go around harassing or encouraging someone personally, then you can get in trouble. These things are handled case by case, it's not like you'll just get charged because the law is there. It would be really simple to win in court.
>>
>>25676818
What if I don't live in the US?
>>
>>25676863
You still likely wouldn't be charged even if you lived in a liberal US state. There has to be intent to charge you. There's no intent there if you are responding to anonymous posters on 4chan and have no idea who they are or if they are serious or not.

You are not legally obligated to take posts on 4chan seriously.
>>
I'm suicidal, guys. Please don't encourage me because I might do it

T. Suicide Man
>>
Most of the people who commit suicide use to keep their intention unknown for the rest of the people in his environment, so I doubt that someone who is about to blow up his brain is going to post it on the Internet. Who knows, times change. The web gives an illusion of anonymity.

For example, encouraging suicide in the Australia is a crime.

"It is a crime under both South Australian and national law to cyber bully someone in a way that intentionally encourages or causes them to kill themselves . The maximum penalty is fourteen years of imprisonment."
>>
why would police waste their time raiding the house of someone who's only threatening themselves?

it would just turn into a potentially dangerous situation for the police and probably encourage the guy to kill himself.

correct me if i'm wrong and they actually do raid people's houses over suicide threats.
>>
>>25677497
Depends on the country, but in the US, yes. It is technically illegal to kill yourself.
>>
>>25677531
There are lots of redundant laws. Just because they exist doesn't mean police will actually raid your house over them.
>>
>>25677819
Police will come check on you if the threat seems serious and no one is there to help you. It's their job to make sure you don't kill yourself if they can catch you in time.
>>
>>25676898
Fuck off, I need the encouragement to pull through with it
>>
File: hades rage.gif (322KB, 250x148px) Image search: [Google]
hades rage.gif
322KB, 250x148px
>>25676763
>potential suicide victim and have his house raided?
CAN'T I HAVE MY DEATH WITHOUT THE INTERFERENCE OF INFIDELS!? FUCKING CUNTS!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.