[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck having feelings

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: jjoehv7hwnld1vvy0q6r.jpg (897KB, 1838x2775px) Image search: [Google]
jjoehv7hwnld1vvy0q6r.jpg
897KB, 1838x2775px
(Pic related, my book the girl I love had for two weeks)
>Be me
>Be in love with this girl for 2 years
>It hurts, but I thought I finally got over her two weeks ago
>We're really close friends, so it's really tricky
>Going out with this group of friends, it's supposedly going to be raining so my mom won't let me drive
>Need to get a ride
>Girl I was in love with volunteers
>Let's call her Carrie
>She's had my copy of Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl for two weeks or so because of a situation involving me being forced to leave a theatre before the movie started
>She was supposed to give it to me ever since she had it, but always forgot
>Finally get it back, its in her trunk
>Things are good, she drives me to the mall, we have fun talking
>Walk up to Chinese mall restaurant for food, dude automatically assumes we're bf and gf.
>It's a bit awkward, but we laugh it off and I don't think I feel anything
>Feels good not feeling anything
>We sit down with friends, have fun, feels nice.
>Carrie reveals she might be going on a date with this dude from school
>Let's call him Dale
>Don't know him that well, but he's the kind of person who's an ass to teachers and just needs attention
>That's only in a classroom setting, and he seems like he could be a cool person
>Feels slowly trickle in, but nothing even close to major. Still not really feeling anything
>Then the two girls go into a fancy store to try on dresses and we have to give them our opinions
>Carrie only tries on two, one really shitty one and one that's just so fucking perfect for her
>She looked so gorgeous, and feels were trickling in a little more, but still I feel confident I can hold it back
>I was wrong
>We plan to go to supermarket for Carrie to see if Dale is there.
>Takes a while since she has to get gas
>All the meanwhile she's talking all about really personal stuff involving her and romance
>>
>I'm saying the right things, and nice things. I still don't feel to much, I genuinely want things to go well with her and Dale
>I want her to be happy, she deserves it
>What I forgot is that she's playing the Sleater-Kinney discography CD I made that I let her have
>Right now it's on Dig Me Out
>About halfway through the convo it gets to Buy Her Candy
>If you haven't heard this song it's just so heart wrenching
>It's been my #1 most played song for wallowing in unrequited love
>Probably my #1 most played song of all time
>At this moment any chance of me not feeling anything is just wrecked
>During the song it feels like I'm in some sort of fucked up movie
>It feels terrible, I would have been fine if I died
>Convo still goes on for a while since we drive to the supermarket, drive to a different part of town, to a friend's house, then she drives me home. Luckily she forgets to turn the CD player back on because I could not deal with listening to the Hot Rock in my emotional state
>I'm still being supportive and saying all of the things a friend should say
>I still care about her, and I want her to be happy
>Who am I to be a dick about it
>But it feels bad man
>Flash forward to today, I manage to hang out with other friends to try and forget about this
>But the moment I come home it all floods back
>Write a song, (I try to be a musician)
>Already one album but it's shit since I didn't even have a keyboard or guitar amp, and I can't sing, so no vocals
>Carrie is supposed to be the singer for my new stuff
>I can't have her sing what I just wrote, even if it's something I actually like for once
>Way too specific and it would be hell
>I just feel like shit right now and I need you guys
>I hope she has no idea about how I actually feel
>>
Tfw this isn't even good enough for r9k replies
>>
>>25659651
I just can't bear to read it, anything girl/gf related fucks up my day. I avoid this shit like the plague. Thinking of leaving r9k altogether, place genuinely makes me sad.
>>
>>25659708
All I do all day is r9k and sad screenshots taken out of context. It's not healthy, but I can't stop
>>
>>25658918
sad story man. It really is the pain of just wanting her to know that kills.

Hopefully you guys will become a sexy bf/gf duo band I'll check out your Vevo channel one day. Good luck my buddo
>>
>>25658934
>>Write a song, (I try to be a musician)
>>Already one album but it's shit since I didn't even have a keyboard or guitar amp, and I can't sing, so no vocals
>>Carrie is supposed to be the singer for my new stuff
You've got to live in reality. If she isn't strongly into this idea then it's not going to work and the sooner you accept reality on its own terms, the better. It sounds like this girl does not have feelings for you the way you do for her and that's sad but very very common. She doesn't see you as a romantic partner because she sees you as a friend. If you want to be a couple then you need to cut through the friend stuff and straight out tell her how you feel (find a situation to do it but don't wait forever and lie to yourself saying you are waiting for the perfect moment!) . You won't know for sure how she feels until you ask so you should absolutely talk to her, tell her you have feelings, and then ask her out on something that is clearly a date. I know your afraid but it's what you have to do if you don't want to live forever the same way you are now.

I like Sleater-Kinney a lot too which is what brought me to the thread.
>>
That sucks bro. I know what it's like to be in love with someone that doesn't love you back, it's just awful, especially if you can't cut contact with them.

Do you think there is any chance of her liking you back? Rate yourself and her out of ten?
>>
>>25660104
She's maybe a mid eight, and I'm at least a decent 7. Don't think there's a chance, at least from what she's said.
>>25660079
There was a kind of awkward situation two years ago when I didn't know her for more than a few months but we were friends at that point, just not the close friends we are now. I kind of asked her out, but I managed to fuck it up so well she didn't even realize I did.
>>
And we're really close friends. As long as I leave the songs about her out, she's definitely going to sing for me, I'm going to help her out with some school projects soon, we're tight. I just don't want to fuck that up
>>
>>25660278
Ah, fair enough. I was in unrequited love with an 8/10 and I'm a 4, so you can get other girls at least. I managed to stop loving her though despite her personality being amazing. Basically trained myself to only see the bad in her, it's toxic but effective.

That, or you can do what>>25660079
said and tell her. It will be awkward for a bit but the payoff will be worth it - you will come through this a stronger person.

Alternatively, do both.
>>
>>25660278
>I kind of asked her out, but I managed to fuck it up so well she didn't even realize I did.
if you want it to work then you need to bite the bullet and put yourself out there even though it might hurt

if you go on as you have then being with her will ALWAYS be a fantasy
>>
So let's say I spill everything. Realistically, what's the worst that happens?
>>
>>25660597
The worst that could happen is you stop being friends. I was in a similar situation recently.

>friends introduce me to this girl, lets call her Jane
>I've seen Jane before on FB pictures, thought she was qt
>shortly after we first met, there is this party, I go there with a friend
>friend is busy with gf so I'm basically thirdwheeling
>see Jane, go to her, start to talk
>talk all night - really nice conversation, notice I really start to like this girl - until we leave the party
>walk home together, there's an awkward romantic situation where I don't realize I should probably kiss her, she kisses me on the cheek and says good night
>I ask her out the week after, we go for a walk along the river
>she tells me, this isn't a date, she likes me but doesn't want to date right now, the situation the other night was probably a mistake
>we agree to be friends, which is fine by me, because even though I'm already in love with her at this point, I just want to be around her because I feel happy whenever I'm with her
>we become really good friends over a few months

>I meet Jane at another party, she asks when we will do something together again
>I end up walking her home again, we agree to meet the week after
>stupid coincidences keep us from meeting in private, so we're meeting in uni everyday
>Jane starts being more flirty with me, asks me if I will come to this third party
>I make up my mind that I will tell her how I feel that night
>>
>>25661763

>at the party I ask her if we can talk, then take her outside
>I ask her how things are between us because of her flirting and the fact that she knows I want more
>she tells me she considers me one of her closer friends and the flirting is because she really feels comfortable around me, because I make her feel right
>I ask Jane if there is a chance that there is more than friendship, she replies she could imagine there being more, but there is this other guy she isn't over yet
>I decide to make a final move and tell her I'm in love with her
>jane's shocked and confused, tells me she has to think
>then she gives me a kiss on the cheek and leaves the party
>a few days after we meet in uni and talk again
>she says that things will be different now
>she really likes me, but she's still kind of with this other guy, they're just on a break while he's abroad and she still loves him
>she doesn't want to hurt my feelings because she likes me so much and we're such good friends
>she suggests we shouldn't see each other for a while

And that's it. We've chatted a few times, but I haven't seen her since. It's been a month now and I'm not completely over not only losing her as my love, but also as a friend.

If you really think you have a shot with your friend, you should go for it. If you've been in love with her for 2 years, it's serious. I've only known Jane a few months and I know she's my dream girl and I will compare all other girls to her.
But please only do it if you figure your chances are good. You have to be aware that you rrisk losing a good friend. For me, that was actually harder to deal with than knowing I will never be with her.
>>
>>25660597
>>25661763
She tells you to fuck off and tells everyone in your social circle that you're some kind of creepy rapist for free attention and sympathy. You will lose all the social capital you worked so hard to gain and keep in the blink of an eye.

Also, you're not as close as you think you are. You never are.
>>
>>25661797
>For me, that was actually harder to deal with than knowing I will never be with her

Bullshit. You romantics are so full of it. You want to bang her silly, not watch her be with other dudes
>>
>>25662070
If I just wanted sex, I could go and obsess over a more attractive girl, which I'm fully aware there are.
I really like her for her personality though, that's the main reason why I considered her worthy of being my partner. She's just a pleasure to be around and she makes me feel good.
I'd rather just be friends with her than lose her alltogether.
>>
I do not care about sex in the least, so that does not factor into my decisions
>>
FOUR SECONDS WAS THE LONGEST WAIT
>>
>>25662781
The music video for Jumpers wrecked me for at least a week.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.