[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

disability

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: ssdi-approved.jpg (48KB, 585x300px) Image search: [Google]
ssdi-approved.jpg
48KB, 585x300px
NEETs and mentally ill people: how do I expedite my disability income claim? I'm schizo and they don't return my calls. Also how do I get the most money?
>>
Bumping for help so I don't become homeless
>>
get a social worker to help you. ask your local MP for help. talk to your doctor so he can sign offon the papers.

whats good is when you first applied, you will be back payed from then till you are accepted.

i know a person who waited a year to get approved and their first cheque was for 12grand
>>
>>25649864
That's not going to help I don't know who to talk to
I quit my job last month because I couldn't go to work everyday and hear people talk about me and how much they want me to die and the visual hallucinations
If I don't get an income this month I am probably gonna be homeless and my car is broken so I don't think I can see my doctor
What do
>>
>>25649960
I only know about canada disablity.

you might have to get on welfare first, which will be a lot less then what disablity gives you. then from there apply for disablity.

i dunno m8 about American shit.

go into an welfare office itsself and make an appointment.
>>
>>25649960
You retard, it can take years to get disability. You're fucked. If you're American, you are guilty until proven innocent and that's how social workers will treat you when you apply for benefits.
>>
>>25650144
Is mental illness though and heard people getting it for schizophrenia in weeks
>>
Lol NEETie can't get his tendiebux

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
>>
>>25650188
i got disablity in about 3 months.

i had my psychirtrist feel out forms for me, and send them in for me.

if you have a diagnois, and a doctor vouching for you saying you are unable to function in society it goes by very fast.
>>
>>25650290
I've seen a psychiatrist about the visual hallucinations but I didn't see him yet about the auditory ones cuz car is broke

I'm on medicaid already

How do I make the disability office people return my calls
>>
Bump again for help and no one responding
>>
>>25650408
Call them. get a number and enquire about it.

really havinga doctors note helps you alot.

how long have you been waiting?

they are almost always overloaded with cases.
>>
File: MardiGras.jpg (220KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
MardiGras.jpg
220KB, 575x431px
you need to get a disability lawyer. only people with actual illnesses can do it themselves.
>>
>>25650796
I've been calling every day for the past two weeks
>>
>>25650839
How is schizophrenia not an actual illness?
>>
>>25649705
>disability
Enjoy living below the poverty line

When on disability you can't afford:
>Internet
>safety
>hobbies
>tv
>vidya

They literally only pay for food, water, a ghetto housing complex
>litterally a poor white boy
And maybe repairs to the house.
>>
>>25651097
I used to have a friend with schizophrenia who got $2k/month on disability and I see plenty of people on disability who can afford all that stuff
>>
>>25651097
And it's not like living below the poverty line is new to me I grew up homeless
>>
>>25651097
Well the way ive been living with supposedly multiple things that are disability eligibility, I havent had any money in 5 years and every time I did work, I had to sleep in the parking lot and id spend multiple days awake in a row unable to sleep, endangering the lives of other motorists and things. I have no money at all. NONE. Its not that the work is hard, I was the best at my company of over 300 employees, but I have so many issues that trying to deal with them and continue living uses up all of my energy. if anything, im way better at most things then other people because I want to maximize use of the energy I do have and stop doing things as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, I have a cunt of an aunt who is just deaf and has a bachelor's and can speak 4 languages and she hasnt worked in 30 years because she can just sit on her ass getting paid to not hear things as if thats some huge fucking disability.
>>
File: 1356919517308.jpg (64KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1356919517308.jpg
64KB, 500x375px
>>25650926

Get your family or someone else that gives a fuck about you to help in meantime then.

No one on here knows you and as far as the rest of the world is concerned your just some useless jackass that the government forceably takes money from us to support until they finally snap and shoot us in a theatre while we're trying to watch the fucking batman after working all week because the government doesn't give the rest of us free money just for existing.
>>
>>25651255
I don't have anyone who gives a fuck about me
>>
>>25651255
Also it's not like living with schizophrenia is a cakewalk. Mine doesn't respond to medication so I'm probably going to have to have electroshock therapy and it probably won't work, but you probably don't care about what I'm saying.
>>
Final bump for help
>>
>>25651444

Life isn't a cakewalk for any of us, this is fucking /r9k/.
>>
>>25651647
Would you rather be schizo and tfwnogf /r9k/ tier or just /r9k/ tier

Cuz I'll gladly trade
>>
>>25652001

>trying to steal my wizard powers

You wish.
>>
>>25649705
Hire a lawyer like me.
>>
>>25651097
And if you can get Section 8, because it's full or waitlisted in most cities in the US.
>>
fuck you, you piece of trash, im tried of paying you faggots who have bullshit excuses to get on welfare and disability. an hero you fuck
>>
>>25653808
Edgy

Not my fault I am the way I am.
>>
>>25651097

I work full-time and I'm already living below the poverty line though
>>
>>25653808
Let me put it this way:

I didn't choose to be born to a single mother in poverty who decided to have another 2 kids
I didn't choose to live on the streets and with drug dealers who beat me and my brother and diddled my sister until I was 16
It's not my fault I was rejected from all but one of my colleges despite a 2250 SAT, 33 ACT, and 5s on many AP exams solely because I'm white and had a shit GPA because my home life was abysmal and I missed tons of school
It's not my fault that I didn't get enough scholarship money to make the out of state tuition affordable for more than 1 year.
I have to live in this state until August or so, so I can get instate tuition and go back and finish stuff. Schizophrenia doesn't affect your cognitive abilities so I had a 4.0 during my first year where I took differential equations and linear algebra, organic chemistry, and physics.
It's not my fault that the school doesn't give you scholarships based on grades after you're admitted and so I'm still stuck paying a ton until I get instate.
It's not my fault I'm schizophrenic and see and hear things other people don't. It's not my fault I can't hold a job because I hear my boss and coworkers whispering about how he's going to kill me.
It's not my fault I don't respond to the shit ton of medicines I've tried.

I didn't ask for this and I could do great things if I had some fucking support but I don't and so I suffer for no other reason than I was unlucky and wasn't born to a normal family like you might have been.
>>
>>25650290
That might depend on what state you're in and what your condition is too though. My mom has bipolar disorder and PTSD and it still took her a couple of years to get it.

Whatever the case, people who get it in less than a year are pretty lucky.
>>
>>25655045
yea. well i am in Canada.

i got on welfare when i was 16 because i was living by myself. when i signed up for welfare, i also said im applying for disablity.

i had a history of multiple hospital visits, and never had a previous job for more then 2 weeks.

i had major proof that i was unablt to function in society enough to support myself.

if the case workers see you have had no major problems in your life, held a steady job, and your illness didnt interfer with your life, you are less likely to get disablity.

i have to get medically checked out every 5 years to see if i am better in any way because techicailly my situation will not last forever. but if i am still not functioning in 5 years, i will continue to get disablity. but if i make improvement they will stop disability.
>>
>>25651187
Do you understand that 24,000 a year is poverty?
>>
>>25655143
Yeah, being in Canada, or in certain US states makes all the difference. I'm in North Carolina, and I'd imagine with our government, it's a harder process. My mom not only has the PTSD/bipolar disorder, but a horrible back that prevents her from doing a lot of work, and it still took her two years or so to get it.

And yeah the rest of those rules pretty much apply here too. They periodically check to see if you have "improved" and if they deem you able to function in society, they take you off of it. You can also work part time apparently while on it too.

What is your condition, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>25655197
>Do you understand that 24,000 a year is poverty?
when i was working i made $2k/month and i was living like a king. i mean i lived in the ghetto and i have a shit car but i had more money than i knew what to do with. my expenses for the month are only like $1000 total.

i would happily live on 24k a year. no complaints whatsoever.
>>
>>25655197
Techically anything under 30k is a considered on poverty level.
>>
>>25655248
yea you can work part time, but you must report your earnings to the goverment and they will gie you less each month until you start making more then what disablity gives you. in Canada, you are also not allowed to have more then 5k in savings or assets. You have to make a special request to keep more then 5k in your bank account and say what you are saving money for.

I'm bipolar 1, and borderline personality disorder, as welll as severe anxiety.
>>
>>25655143

I thought you boast about being addicted to drugs how to they let you on these things
>>
>>25655328
I have depression and anxiety too, so I've been thinking about trying for disability here recently. I tried for a job last September and had an anxiety attack my first day, and was fired not long after. I guess I just debate back and forth if I'm really bad off enough to justify disability, because I actually want to work, but I don't know if I can.
>>
>>25655426
its common for people with mental illness to self medicate. i think they view me as a worthless junkie, but rather a mentally ill person trying to escape my illness with the use of drugs, and ont blame me for doing so.
>>
>>25655197
The poverty threshold in the USA is $11,000 per year, for a single person
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.