[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aus fags whats the best TAFE/ university in Melbourne? i want

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: Pepe-with-wojack.jpg (938KB, 3839x2894px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-with-wojack.jpg
938KB, 3839x2894px
Aus fags whats the best TAFE/ university in Melbourne?
i want to do digital media technologies or digital interactive games or something similar.
Where do you go or where are you going. im kinda stuck in finding a good place, i have looked at
Deakin burwood
Holmsglen
RMIT
Swinburne

i just dont know anymore.
where is the highest chance for a qtgf?
>>
>>25638265
They're all filled with smelly international student chinks. Take your pick.
>>
>>25638297
i know that, im just trying to figure this shit out. i dont know anymore.
anything else to say?
>>
>>25638265
I've been to a few and honestly it's a much of a muchness, however my sister works in HR in the largest law firm in the country and according to her when employers in law look at unis on resumes in order of preference:

>Melb
>daylight
>Monash
>RMIT, Deakin
>Swinburne
>Holmesglen

I'm currently at Deakin and like the campus and curriculim. Really depends on what you want to study, future aspirations, etc. There's really no strict best.
>>
>>25638297
I don't want to be that guy confirming youtube comedian claims but fucking hell, it really is at least 60% Chinese now. I don't care what language you speak as this is an multicultural country but it's very alienating to be walking around campus for 10 minutes before you hear English.
>>
>>25638383
What are you studying? are you on campus if so is it worth it? Im thinking of doing motion capture there. i went to the open day last year and was impressed with the whole campus. sorry for the questions im just trying to get as much info for everything. looking at websites dont really do it.
>>
>>25638466
Creative Writing. Couldn't judge whether it's worth it or not because I've never done off campus study.

Like any arts degree I'd say ultimately the education you receive is wildly not worth it comparative to the fees charges but the learning environment and career contacts are the important thing and on campus you get the opportunity to make those.

Otherwise I have nothing more to offer really other than Deakin does have the highest level of student satisfaction in Australia by some study which was probably not very comprehensive, but I do like it there. Much more than RMIT. If RMIT wasn't right in the centre of the city it'd have nothing going for it from an arts perspective IMO.
>>
>>25638604
The reason i dont want to go to RMIT is because its in the center of the city, rent would be way too much. im from a small town like 4 hours away so the train and tram transport is quite foreign for me so im looking at on campus/ walking distance.
If i go to deakin i will be going to the TAFE side or Deakin 'college' its called that really doesn't do too much for me as a course.
here https://www.deakincollege.edu.au/programs/diploma-media-communications
>>
>>25638383
also whats daylight? is it a small business uni in Melbourne or something?
>>
>>25638676
Dude, you don't have to live right nearby the campus. You can travel there via car or public transportation. I wouldn't let rent in the area close to the campus be the decisive factor in your choosing.
>>
>>25638685
Just in case you have a learning disability it means there's a large gap between MU and the rest of the pack. That's not relative to the education you receive there, however. Just how certain snobby employers view them on your CV.
>>
>>25638726
yeah, i knew MU was for smart people.
technicality i do have learning disability but is quite little now. just takes a while for things to stick in my head. hence going to tafe. my ATAR was like 37 thats including SEAS, but i was on some anti depressant which made things worse rather than better.
>>
>>25638406
>it's very alienating
go back to tumblr you triggered twat
>>
File: 26.gif (556KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
26.gif
556KB, 200x150px
>>25638792
>my ATAR was like 37

For real? I got like 70 and I only did 4 subjects, substituting the other two with TAFE qualifications I got during High school.
>>
>>25638820
>feeling alienated by multiculturalism
>tumblr

Learn why people use insults before you use them, faggot.
>>
>>25638839
Yeah, high school wasn't the best for me.
i dont know what it was. ive been out for 1 year now and feel better. im not sure what it was.
most other people in my year got around 65+ i think. i got one of the lowest.
>>
What do you recon is the best for General information Technology. i got into Information tech at Monash last year. Is Monash the best for computer networking?
>>
>>25638954
my brother is doing computer science at swinburne uni its one of the best unis for information technology
>>
>>25638265
right pepe is way too similar to me in winter.
>>
>>25639425
that pepe is OC my friend. based off two of my old friends from school. that means its a rare one right?
>>
>>25639478
I dont even live in melb how do you know what i look like anon :|
>>
>>25639501
neither do i.
I live 4 hours away from melbourne. we could not have possibly met before could we?
>>
File: 1449710952720.jpg (857KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449710952720.jpg
857KB, 1920x1080px
>>25638265
>Swinburne
I did an ICT thing here, by the time I left it fell apart.

Apparently they hired a teacher who lied about being a real teacher on her CV, ironically she was one of the better teachers.

Swinburne TAFE - Would not recommend.
>>
>>25639681
Notes taken.
anything else you know of maybe other universities as well.
>>
>>25639681
Unless you want to go to TAFE then patway into Uni, then you can do IBL (you get up to1 year job placement while studying)*
>>
>>25639520
nah i doubt it, west aus hipster here
>>
>>25639720
TAFE is the way im heading anyway. my ATAR was shite like 37 or something. no uni wants a retard on campus. so i have to do a pathway into deakin. im just not sure what TAFE to go to.
im thinking either digital media technologies or digital interactive games. in the end i want to do animation motion capture at deakin.
>>
>>25639717
Parkville Melbourne is said to be one of the best for math/sci

RMIT is probably the better uni for tech, one of my friends did games dev there, but if you are really thinking about doing something similar you need to think about the competitive job market, its going to be hard for you to find work as a game dev.

VU, only really good for sport / teaching

ACU, Med stuff

MIT, no idea

Monash, no idea

Swinburne uni(I do networking). I like Swinburne in some ways because of the IBL I mentioned earlier, and their smaller class sizes, but for game dev id go with RMIT.
>>
Melbourne and Monash are the most prestigious and challenging univiersities. I went to Deakin Burwood and then transferred to Monash (for mathematics). Deakin is a lot easier but it has a more laid back feel. I don't know anything about digital media because why the fuck would you go to university for that
>>
>>25638265
Those courses are a waste of money. They cost a fortune and literally teach you nothing you couldn't google in your own time. Biggest mistake of my life was signing on to one of those in Brisbane. Really, just torrent the programs and have fun in your own time. Making a career in gaming will be next to impossible. Don't make my mistakes.
>>
File: 3766911-costanza.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
3766911-costanza.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
If anyone is going to TAFE, look up traineeships on seek or whatever you use for the field you are looking to get into.

I should of done this from highschool, you get money, schooling and experience.

Do this senpai, you will regret not doing it if you dont.
>>
>>25639873
>>25639830
its really the only pathway into deakin for what i really want to do, which is Animation and motion capture. Im not really into making games and stuff sense i already know alot of stuff from Lynda.com and youtube. Im just learning the very basics of C# for use in unity. making games would be more of a hobby. making it into a career is nearly impossible these days. with animation i want to head into film and TV or advertising im not really fussed either way.
>>
>>25639961
ive got plenty of money from the job i have now like 29K-ish. i will need like government rent assist and student allowances for living. but thats a good idea worth looking into. thanks senpai.
>>
remember senpai, experience > certificates (within reason)
>>
>>25639971
Just because you want to do animation and motion capture in some form doesn't mean that you should try to study it at university. I'm telling you it's a dead end.
>>
>>25640092
i know this.
my parents are pushing me to do something.
no trades interest me. i have always loved animation, drawing and creating/ making up stories
its really the only thing that interests me. for a while now i have been thinking up ideas for a webcomic and designing stupid shirts from memes (kinda pathetic i know). those are what interests me so im hoping i can do something with that. id like film, tv or advertisement they all use animation so im hoping for a job in those areas. thanks for the concern though, senpai.
>>
>>25638265
It doesnt really matter in Australia because the unis are held to such strict guidelines that they are basically the same. However employers may have an inclination towards 'prestigious' unis like melbourne or (to a lesser extent) monash. I go deakin burwood and its pretty nice but for your course I would say rmit or something because they are known for computery shit
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.