[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this scare you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: abyss.png (132KB, 500x457px) Image search: [Google]
abyss.png
132KB, 500x457px
Does this scare you?
>>
That's interesting to think about, but not scary. It's not like there's any danger of falling off.
>>
I never thought of it that way. Fuck yeah, science!
>>
>>25637921
we're all just stuck to the cosmic katamari ball of life, rolling around the visibily empty, but not actually empty roulette wheel of space.
>>
>>25638462
It's more philosophical than scientific.
>>
without humans nobody would ever have seen space though
>DUDE WE'RE SO SMALL COMPARED TO THE UNIVERSE NOTHING MATTERS IT'S NOT LIKE SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERY IS AN EXCLUSIVELY HUMAN EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING
>>
>>25637921

it has crossed my mind many times and then i suddenly lose my balance and freak out a bit.

were just a floatin on this little green blue ball.
>>
>>25637921
Is the Earth afraid of falling out of the Solar System and flying into the interstellar space?

Is the Solar Syste afraid of falling out of the galaxy and flying into the intergalactic space?
>>
>>25638706
Is the six afraid of seven cause seven ate nine?
>>
File: 1419097061630.png (112KB, 238x276px) Image search: [Google]
1419097061630.png
112KB, 238x276px
>>25637921
>infinite
>>
>>25637921
Get that feeling a lot, oddly.
>>
>>25638507
Can confirm, I remember the philosophy teacher talking about this. I don't remember what it's called but his example was that you can't actually know that the floor isn't going to collapse under you. You are pretty safe in assuming that it won't, though.
>>
>>25638799
>you can't actually know that the floor isn't going to collapse under you

Jesus. Of all brands of anti-intellectualism, philosophy is the most cringeworthy.
>>
>>25637921
>Infinite universe

i didnt know they had internet access in 1844 you hack
>>
>>25638843
The scenario is more realistic than OP's, though.
>>
>>25637921
no, but I saw a video where some guy explained colors and he said that the sky is actually fucking black and we are only seeing the reflection of the earth atmosphere or something like that. same with water. it's color is transparent but it looks blue.
>>
File: 1196434354492.jpg (89KB, 479x579px) Image search: [Google]
1196434354492.jpg
89KB, 479x579px
>>25638867
>he believes the universe is finite
>>
I freaked out my friends when we were on mdma laying down in a park and I said it was like we were standing up but forced up against a wall
>>
>>25638843
>"you can't actually know that the floor isn't going to collapse under you" is anti-intellectualism

Clearly you've never been to my childhood apartment. One day, the ceiling just gave out and collapsed in the bathroom. No one was taking a shower or anything, it just kinda fell out.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.