[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My brother is intent on becoming a heroin addict "for the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1451554371730.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451554371730.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
My brother is intent on becoming a heroin addict "for the aesthetic" (he's been a self-sabotaging faggot his whole adult life).

He's been in an out of alcoholism for years, ended up homeless and that but what is being hooked on heroin really like?

I'm concerned for him, but have given up trying to help him because all he ever wants is money which only enables this shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 750x715px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 750x715px
Idk. It's his life. He didn't ask to be born. He has the right to self-destruct in any way he sees fit.

I do heroin all the time. Or at least when I can find it. Also a big fan of hydros and oxys and vicodin and shit. Pop one of those babies and smoke a bowl and pure bliss. I feel bad for people who never do drugs. You're literally depriving yourself of the most interesting thing in life. At least do acid once.
>>
>>25634547
I had a heroin habit for a short amount of time. I'm glad I quit before I was completely addicted to it, but sometimes I think life might be better as a drug addict. When you feel like all you need to be happy is a bag of dope, bigger more abstract problems like "my life is ultimately meaningless and nobody will remember me when I'm gone" are just passing thoughts.

I doubt that's what he's thinking. he's probably just retarded.
>>
>>25634675
Thanks for reply anon. I do oxy myself when I can find it but haven't really developed much of a tolerance at all so I don't really see it as an issue. I still go to work, pay my rent etc. So it's not that I'm anti drugs, it's just that I'm not sure he knows where to stop.

>>25634862
But the times in between getting more heroin, trying to afford it etc (he's jobless), wouldn't that outweigh the momentary happiness?
>>
>>25634547
He sounds like a pretty cool guy who has things figured out. Not being sarcastic, it sounds like something I'd do myself. I think you should be happy for him and try to see it from his point of view.
>>
>>25635073
It's not that I'm condemning him, I just want to know what his reality might be like if he does become hooked on heroin... like is it as glamorous as he makes out? Or does it become hell? Curious and low key concerned but not criticizing him.
>>
>>25635171
>like is it as glamorous as he makes out? Or does it become hell?
The latter, but that's probably his goal.
>>
>>25635171
He just wants to fuck himself up for the memeness of it. Like what don't you get? There's no reason not to do it. He's doing it ironically, or, post-ironically rather. He doesn't actually care but he thinks it's a fun idea, he wants to experience something because why the fuck not. This universe is a meme anyway.
>>
File: kot horses head.jpg (11KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
kot horses head.jpg
11KB, 255x255px
Does he have a lot of money in his bank account?

Is he stinking rich? I'm talking well into 6 figures income with a job that he doesn't have to be actually present for 100% of the time. Or a trust fund kid.

If no -> he will find a way to scheme if he's a real nigga

Is he going to be IV'ing? If so that changes the game as far as danger of overdosing and abscesses. At the very least if he starts out strictly snorting/smoking it he will eventually turn to IV if his money runs low in order to get the most bang for his buck.

What does it look like? Dealing with gang members, spending tons of money, friends dying, possibly dying yourself, and FEELING AWESOME :DDDDD

Tolerance builds, money becomes more scarce, the drug becomes all your life is about.

End result? Rehab, jail, or overdose. No such thing as social heroin use. While people who drink heavily can do so for many years (even a lifetime), people who have a daily dope habit typically burn out within a few years. Or they're in and out of rehabs (or prison).

Regards, IV heroin addict in rehab for a year right now to avoid a jail sentence. Made it about 5 years before I fucked up, which is a pretty good run judging by the 40+ other people I've met in similar circumstances over the past year.

It's not glamorous, but it's gotta be pretty great to be worth all the risk.
>>
>>25635443
Does he have a lot of money in his bank account?
He likely has about 30-60 cents
He never has any money. Unemployed for years.
>Is he going to be IV'ing?
Yes.

Interesting to hear your perspective, thanks anon and good luck.

>>25635242
Quite possibly
>>25635277
YEah I get that, but I don't think he genuinely wants to kill himself you know?
>>
>>25634994
He probably found an online community of opiate users and now he's using their memes as a substitute for his nonexistent personality. Introduce him to a less destructive hobby. Would you rather him be a typical "x" (skater, stoner, vidya player, golf player , whatever etc.) or a typical heroin junkie.
>>
File: 1432504648067.png (1MB, 1044x782px) Image search: [Google]
1432504648067.png
1MB, 1044x782px
>>25635537
I dunno man, once peoples' brains get past a certain age they pretty much set like cement.

Sounds like he's going to be a vortex dragging you down for as long as you're in contact with him.

If you want to spend your life on a doomed crusade to undo his fate, that's up to you, but remember that beneath the facade of civilization life is ruthless.

He fucked up and that fuck up will spell misery for everyone around him for as long as he lives.
>>
>doing heroin for the aesthetic

ayy lmao
it's only aesthetic in Trainspotting. You just end up looking like you're so riddled with aids that a strong gust of wind could take you out irl
>>
>>25635584
He became a major pothead and through his dealer he has found another dealer to live with who can get him heroin. He has no interests in life anymore except narcissim and looking "beautiful". He told me how skinny he intends to get on heroin. He used to be a very talented artist but he hasn't been doing that in ages. Drugs and alcohol are it now.

>>25635607
I used to be more involved in his vortex because we have always been close and I wanted to help him. But it's really beyond my capacity. I haven't made a difference up until now, I don't see how I could from here on in. I also live in another country now.

He's also very reckless with his interpersonal relationships, uses people a bit, for money mostly. And he's never interesting in talking or being in contact with me unless he needs something. So in a way I'm fed up with him. But it sucks because we used to be so close due to having abusive parents, so it was just us to look out for each other in adulthood.
>>
>>25635747
If you really want to help it out, focus on getting into a good position yourself so you can spare resources and direct him to programs etc.

Just make sure you don't get dragged down with him and always keep a safe distance.
>>
>>25635844
Thanks anon. Is there any chance of helping him though if he is intent on a path of self-annihilation?
>>
>>25635747
Yeah, he sounds just like me. He knows what he's doing. Remember that.

>>25635958
>Is there any chance of helping him though if he is intent on a path of self-annihilation?
Not really. The universe is to blame, and you can't fix that.
>>
>>25635958
Probably not. But, unconditional brotherly love is beautiful and worthwhile for its own sake, I guess.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.