[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are you gonna try to work out for the new year and try to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (84KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 960x960px
So are you gonna try to work out for the new year and try to look more attractive?
>>
File: leeman.png (806KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
leeman.png
806KB, 768x512px
>>25626539
here is another good one
>>
>>25626539
No. I lifted for half a year and got some really good results, then got bored. Why does it matter anyway? Everyone dies eventually, at least I'll be enjoying the time I have rather than sweating the fuck out. And that time will repeat for an eternity due to how the universe and time works.
>>
I'm gonna try. I'm a skelly though so I doubt it'll do anything other than make me look like a creepy skeleton with muscles
>>
I don't have enough money to eat big.
>>
>>25626539
>thinking women actually give a fuck about your "gains"

just don't be a fat fuck, and you'll attract all the women you need. chicks are into your personality, not your looks.
>>
>>25626639
Chicks aren't into your personality you vain fuck. The only thing women care about are their own future prospects, if you aren't their ideal mate/the best they can get you mean nothing to them.
>>
too bad working out won't change bone structure
>>
>>25626686
Even if you're not that good looking, muscles can at least make you more attractive.
>>
>>25626621
Show me your skelly body, please.
>>
>>25626539
Nah, I gave up on women years and I don't even care anymore. Why would I bother to look more attractive?
>>
File: Personality lol.png (20KB, 432x330px) Image search: [Google]
Personality lol.png
20KB, 432x330px
>>25626539

Gained 15 pounds over Fall and into Winter, so now I have to lose it again. This is after losing 102. It doesn't make more attractive because I'm still ugly and a manlet even when lean, at best it just makes me less revolting. I just hate feeling bogged down and slow.

>>25626639

Your looks directly influence how they perceive your personality, kid. Do you even Halo Effect?
>>
>zero enjoyment from lifting weights
>only some enjoyment from progressing with calisthenics
>trying to "work out" thrice a week for a while
>only enough to keep at it twice a week once the progress is at a point I'm content with
>probably will drop to only 1 week
>will likely end up losing any gain which was unnoticeable anyway
I'm currently ottermode but with puny 12" arms; 5'10 so it doesn't look way too much out of proportions. I doubt the gains will actually happen but I'm planning on keeping it up until I can do certain routines/moves for x amount of times in y reps and eventually progress a bit. At that point I'll simply try to do that stuff once or twice a week.
Even if it won't show any clear visual improvement (which is very likely), it'll add a bit to my strength, endurance, and flexibility.

I'd like to just aim for, say, 14" arms for starters, but it would probably take me a year of very active and frequent working out to obtain that, not to mention the frequency required to keep it up or improve even further.

I'm quite content with my ottermode (except arms slightly) and not at all into the gym lifestyle though, so that will be as good as I'll manage to do.
As for the "for women" motivation, me simply learning how to approach them other than friendly would make a much bigger difference in a lot less time.
>>
File: Mirrors Can't Make Miracles.jpg (407KB, 1467x686px) Image search: [Google]
Mirrors Can't Make Miracles.jpg
407KB, 1467x686px
>>25626539

I don't often get to use this pic.
>>
File: 1448203047221.png (146KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1448203047221.png
146KB, 554x439px
>>25626539
No, because I don't care anymore about that shit.

My lifestyle has me locked indoors 24/7. That is not conducive to a great romantic life.

Also, I'm a nervous wreck. The lack of defined cheekbones is the least of my problems. Breaking a sweat when recalling socially awkward incidents is my problem.
>>
>>25626539
My game plan is to start dieting once I get out into the world (if I get out into the world) and meet a potential qt
No working out because I'm not in2 muscle
Otherwise I don't give a shit
>>
I got a punching bag and have been doing some kickboxing on it. I dont really have more money for weights and stuff but do I really need them or are there some exercises I can do to help without them?
>>
>>25626539
I have been, but I'm too poor to go to an actual gym and my body is going to be wrecked either way because I can't put on muscle like this guy.
>>
>>25627274
just do as many reps as you can of as much weight you can lift and keep increasing the weight and eating as much as you can afford. Eat like 10 tuna sandwiches, 3 chicken breasts and drink a gallon of fucking milk every single day aside from your other 3 meals.
>>
>>25626639
>chicks are into your personality
KEK
E
K

Women don't give two shits about your personality, everything is based off an attraction basis. If you don't look good, you're out; if you're not tall enough, you're out. Sure, women may not care if you're ripped, but being tall and attractive are two of the hallmarks someone needs to meet before a women will even consider dating them.
Women who do give a shit about personality will only take it into consideration after the have determined their potential partner is attractive enough, if they even care.
>>
>>25627333
le if I worked out I would look like ahnold

well meem'd mi compardre
>>
>>25627285
lmao, they don't even understand how mirrors work though
>>
>>25626639
>women care about your personality

Nice 1
>>
>>25627633
wahht
>>
I've already started lifting in my school's weight room. I'm a thinfag, and IMO it's worse than being fat; you take up 0 physical space, so nobody notices you.
>>
>>25627462
I'm too much of a poorfag to afford all that, but I do eat 4-5 proper meals a day on average. I don't drink much milk, but eat a fair amount of cheese (not American).
due to actual chronic illness I barely gain weight, and fat is a non-issue for me. I can't really bulk and cut because of that, so only slowly gaining lean muscle over time basically. I'm not complaining, it's actually pretty nice as I'm not aiming for a bodybuilder build anyway.
I'm working towards 3x10 reps pull-ups and chin-ups consecutively, after which I may add difficulty by moving some horizontally in the movement and/or do slower declines(?) rather than just up the reps much further. Unless I plan on going for more endurance over muscle mass, in which case I can always later alternate between high intensity low reps and lower intensity high reps.
I also prefer the lower rep count as it makes the workout sessions take less long, which makes it easier to get off my lazy ass and actually do them.

Increasing weight and eating a lot (and proper food) is a good tip regardless though, one I do in a lesser degree as much as possible.
>>
I always lose motivation after 1-2 weeks of working out every fucking time I try to start
I'm never going to make it
>>
>>25626539
I don't even want to work out... I want to become a skinny fuck with no muscles nor fat...
>>
my job is basically working out, I get paid $20/hour to get jacked
>>
>>25627829
Where? That sounds like a hell of a job.
>>
>>25627947
flat roofing, and I work all over canada pretty much.
>>
File: 1441050716938.png (372KB, 1019x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1441050716938.png
372KB, 1019x1019px
I am already lean, but I see it as pointless because it would be a thing of vanity due to the fact that I rarely go out side unless it is for errands or work.

Who is really going to see it? Me in the mirror? Some grocery store clerks? A bunch of men at work?
>>
>>25628386
I'm not of the working out type either... (I have a lot of fat to lose because of binge eating though)
But for your health maybe ? Or if you want to do something with your body, like martial arts, gymnastics or whatever amuses you ?
>>
>Be tall and fat
>Could probably still get a girl because bear mode
>Work out anyway and suddenly swimming in prime pussy

>Be short and fat
>Absolutely no chance with girls
>Start working and and still have absolutely no chance with girls

The workout meme is one of my favorite memes of all time.
>>
>>25628427
Well I work a low tier job in which I sometimes off load containers but often lift boxes all day to pull or put on shelves or to stack pallets so the product can be ready to be picked.

I may try to get into jogging again for about three or four times a week, but that is all I can really see myself doing.
>>
>>25627285
almost believed them for a sec, then realized he has one tattoo on each shoulder.
>>
>tfw legit emaciated
>so fucking skinny i dont even want to post my picture
>cant even see how i would ever be able to eat enough to be able to start bulking up since i probably need to gain like 30 pounds to be a normal weight
>>
>>25629160
Try to look up some ectomorph work out plans ?

Inb4 body types don't exist... Those plans still work on skinny guys.
>>
>>25626539
>tfw no home gym
>tfw no place to put a home gym
>>
>>25627143
so you can fap looking at the mirror
>>
>>25626639

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>thanks i needed that
>>
why would you be a fucking K U K and work out just so women appreciate you more?

work out for yourself, so you feel better and have more energy and look nice in designer clothes, don't have gyno, and can enjoy the pleasure of challenging and pushing your body and overcoming your weaknesses
>>
>>25626539
This pic makes him look way more massive than he actually is. Really good transformation, though.

>>25626584
Right, George Leeman...that's something no one should realistically aspire to, even if not natty.
>>
>>25626539
doesnt mean shit unless you're tall. seriously
>>
>>25631673
Why have I see so many short fit guys with gfs then, and most of those guys aren't even that fit
>>
>>25627143
Men will respect you more too helping with career prospects, you will have more energy and feel happy and motivated.

I need to start lifting again too
>>
>>25626639
>implying I lift for women
I am tall thats all I need to get women, I lift because I enjoy it. The high is better then drugs.
>>
>>25631741
Because excuses and justification
>>
I really don't know all that much about the "science" of working out.
Eating big to get big, and all that I suppose.

I'm 6'0, about 190 lbs and only do light cardio when I can be assed. My diet is pretty horrid despite being a chef, so I really should get things in check. I feel like I have the right body type to look good in shape, so I want to really push myself to workout. Where to go from here, robots?
>>
>>25626539
I only lift a few times a week just because it makes me feel good and more energetic.

There's nothing that I can do to become attractive to women since I'm a 5'8 manlet so anything more than basic physical maintenance is a waste of time for me.
>>
File: patrick took the bait.png (252KB, 515x377px) Image search: [Google]
patrick took the bait.png
252KB, 515x377px
>>25626639
>chicks are into your personality, not your looks
That's some pretty tasty bait you got their friendo.
>>
>>25626725

No they can't. Nothing can fix narrow and thin bones. You will always look like a boy.
>>
File: shit3.jpg (54KB, 634x593px) Image search: [Google]
shit3.jpg
54KB, 634x593px
>>25631617
Babyslayer is a real human being and a real hero

he blew his haters out of the water so fucking hard

i did my own version of it, but im not 6'3 and i cant bench 3 and a half plates. still bulked up really hard though and now im doing one epic cut insstead of the bulkcutbulkcutbulkcut shit everyone else does
>>
I'll just take estrogen instead
>>
This is an unrelated question but i hope somebody answers

Instead of a 1500 calorie diet, can i do an 800 calorie one? You know, for fastest weight loss
>>
>>25632650
nah thats just fucking retarded

when you eat too little the body goes into starvation mode and burns muscle as well as fat

youll just end up ayylmao mode
>>
>>25632650
you could, but im gonna recommend you do a 1200 calorie diet instead. Then possibly work your way down to 800 calories.
>>
doesn't matter I'm 5'7"
>>
>>25626591
>Using fatty logic to justify why you don't work out.

You don't have to make an excuse as to why you don't have the determination to continue.

>at least I'll be enjoying my time
>on /r9k/
>>
File: 1387994765474.jpg (13KB, 376x302px) Image search: [Google]
1387994765474.jpg
13KB, 376x302px
>>25632650
With a calorie deficit too large you'll end burning more muscle and probably end up skinnyfat.
>>
I started lifting at the beginning of the school year. I was extremely motivated back then, but my motivation progressively diminished till none at all when the semester ended. It is a lot of work and I had a hard time progressing, I couldn't keep up with the proposed Strong Lifts program. I wasn't sure if my form was correct, even after viewing a bunch of Youtube videos. Closer to end I basically became afraid of the lifts and I would spend a large amount of time just standing there in the squat rack in between the lifts procrastinating and thinking of what a horrible person I am.

If only I had a friend to lift with to motivate me. I'm considering on actually paying for a trainer, that way I would know that I won't fuck up.

>>25631762
Tell me, what kind of high am I supposed to feel?
>>
>>25626539
My face is ugly as fuck and i have no personality, there is no point.
>>
>>25627285

am I retarded or something? the tattoo is on the left side of his body on the before and on the right side on the after
>>
I got /fit/ then shit happened and now I'm fat as ever. Trust me it was well worth it, I was the happiest I've been when I was fit. Was getting mired all the time, my facial aesthetics improved too due to the fat loss.
>>
I tried that. Worked out religiously for years but nothing changed. No, instead this year is going to be all about skateboarding again and having fun. Ive been skating nonstop for about a month and lost a ton of weight despite my poor diet and drinking. Fuck it, this is the year i focus on meeting new people and partying.
>>
>>25634661
That's what a mirror does.
>>
>>25632684
Are you fucking retarded? Starvatio mode is a myth and you will lose muscle mass no matter what deficiet your at.
>>
>>25627285
Dumb fucks, the mirror iverts everything, of course the tatoo looks like the opposite side. If anyone wants to try this, take a picture and blink one eye, then add a mirror and blink the same eye, it will look like a different eye after the mirror.
>>
>>25634792
>you will lose muscle mass no matter what

not if you lift, you stupid faggot
>>
>>25629110
Are you dumb nigga?
>>
>>25634622
Here's my dumb plan that just might work.

>work out
>become /fit/
>get money for advertising underwear in an ads where they cut out the face
>use that money for plastic surgery from the best doctors (and orthodontic work because my teeth are fucked from years of grinding)
>become complete model with ads that show my face
>eventually become famous attractive actor and make tons of money (my life-long dream finally recognized)

R8 my plan
>>
It doesn't help.

Throughout all of 2015 I lost weight and lifted. I went from almost 300lbs down to 150lbs. I went from never having girls look my way to having total strangers approach me on my way home from work.

But it doesn't work. No matter how much you lift, no matter how much you change your body, no matter how much attention you. You will always have this mentality and you will always see through it. These women don't care about me. They just see what they now assume to be Chad and the moment I show any of my true self they go running.

At the beginning you try to pretend, hoping that eventually you'll go full normie. Maybe if you just fuck a couple more girls. Get a little more drunk. Nope. It doesn't work. In the end you become so disgusted with it all that you isolate yourself completely all over.

I could be out there partying every fucking night and yet all I do is work and come home to cry myself to sleep because it doesn't work. It never changes.

You will never, ever belong with them.
>>
>>25635554
Try tinder
>>
>>25626539
I'm skinny-fat so working out won't make my face any less ugly.
>>
File: please.jpg (32KB, 456x618px) Image search: [Google]
please.jpg
32KB, 456x618px
>>25626539
I'm a skelly but i'm too much of a bitch to go to the gym
>>
>>25635933
same boat
im afraid what all the chads and fit stacys will snicker behind my back if I go to the gym
>>
>>25634967
when u lift ur not hindering muscle loss but rather building new muscle while still losing muscle to keep balance. if u go 1500 cal for 6 months while maintaining lifts ull get approx same results as when cutting hard for 3 months while losing a bit on ur lifts and spend next 3 months clean bulkin and gaining back the lost strentgth
>>
Attractiveness is mostly in the face. Huge muscles are largely unnecessary. Strong hands, strong forearms, and a mobile core are usually all you need.

If you aren't lifting to condition for a sport, you're going to look like a tool.

>>25635554
Maybe if you stopped having the same ambitions as teenage girls, you wouldn't be such a wreck.
>>
>>25635933
you could home gym if you have the money
>>
>>25635435
I guess a problem would be that the industry has tons of competition from other fit guys with naturally attractive faces and you have slim chances of getting in if you don't know someone.
>>
>>25636024
It depends. If you're clearly working hard and staying consistent, people will respect that. If they don't, who gives a fuck what they think?
>>
>>25626639
>working out for women
jesus fucking christ why does every thread on r9k need to revolve around women
>>
File: 1451168463099.jpg (74KB, 640x550px) Image search: [Google]
1451168463099.jpg
74KB, 640x550px
>>25636103
Because people here are failed normies who don't enjoy being alone and browsing the internet. I'll never understand them.

Seriously, normies are fucking faggots. Who gives a shit what they think.
>>
>too scared to make the trip to the gym
>too scared to set something up with a personal trainer
>too scared to eat in front of people at work(currently don't eat at work. I'm sure I'd need as much food as I could get for sick gainz)
>too scared to ask mother to buy different food/buy my own food
>too scared to actually start lifting because currently a skeleton
>>
>>25636172
Then you need to work on your self esteem.
>How?
Can you not go to a public park and jog? put some headphones on and enjoy your cardio gains, after that you may have enough confidence to do something else.
Why are you afraid?
>>
>>25636172
you're too scared to ask your mum to buy different food? this is a whole 'nother level of autism. what is she going to do? not listen to you?
if you're demonstrating that you want to improve yourself, then she'll be more than happy to help
if she isn't, don't listen to her trying to put you down, and just ask her to get the food. or get it yourself. you can do it dude.
>>
I should but I won't.
On the other hand I hate myself for being a scrawny little hippie but on the other hand I like it this way and like to wallow in selfpity and -hate.
>>
>>25636391
Pretty sure she's a part of why I'm the way I am. I remember when I was younger I'd do something stupid/embarrassing at home, and we'd have a laugh about it. She'd come home the next day and tell me about how she told all the girls at work what happened and they all laughed. I think that really messed me up as a kid.

>>25636313
Couldn't do it. There's no way I'd be able to bring myself to just go run out in public. I can't even walk right when there's people around. My body doesn't fully listen to what my brain's telling it to do.
>>
>>25636562
My mum is like that. She broadcasts literally everything about me to friends and family. But I've learnt to deal with it by not giving a fuck. I told her to stop, and I think she is, but either way, getting fit is my choice, and it's for me, why would you let anyone else affect your decision?
>>
>>25636562
Also, I promise you no one gives a fuck about anyone else at the gym, they're too busy concentrating on themselves. No one is looking at you. Going to the gym will be really beneficial for you.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.