[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which anime should i watch

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: lonelyguy.jpg (87KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
lonelyguy.jpg
87KB, 960x720px
never watched anime before, always thought it was gay as fuck like MLP but I have nothing to do today so maybe I'll try some

I've whittled it down to 3
>Cowboy Bebop
>Ghost in the Shell
>Berserk

dubs decides which one

woke up at 2 today, got all night
>>
>>25619245
Ghost in the Shell, motherfucker. You won't regret it.
>>
Haven't seen the other two to be fair, but Cowboy Bebop is one of the better shows to watch for people that aren't really into anime and all the awful tropes and perversions that come with it.
>>
>>25619473
>awful tropes

thats the thing that turned me off to it in the first place

the stupid waifu shit, the little asian girls with white faces and the stupid facial expressions and lame jap noises they make

i want to watch something somber
>>
>>25619245
Cowboy Bebop full metal alchemist or deathnote IMO
>>
>>25619511
Well I think that's all of those shows to some extent. Bebop is space noir, GitS is dystopian crime scifi, and Berserk is medieval fantasy. A lot of shows can have serious or somber moments, but almost all of them will fall prey to some sort of trope, be it a reflection of their culture or some sort of fanservice. Paranoia Agent was an interesting psychological thriller, but if you can't get over the tropes, you're gonna have a bad time with any of them.
>>
>>25619511
>the stupid waifu shit
Has nothing to do with anime itself.

>the little asian girls with white faces
In the vast majority of cases they're teenagers, and in almost every case Japanese. And they don't have white faces. Nor do they have Japanese faces, or any other faces that belong to any real people.

>and the stupid facial expressions and lame jap noises they make
>i want to watch something somber
Guess what: they speak Japanese in the "somber" anime as well.

It seems like you're more into regurgitating memes than watching anime.
>>
>>25619874
> almost all of them will fall prey to some sort of trope
Literally everything is or will be a trope. If it exists, TVTropes has categorized it into a trope.
>>
>>25619876
No one's talking about speaking japanese

we're talking about the stupid fucking noises they make.

But critical thinking is far, far beyond you
>>
>>25619876
im not into watching anime, can you not read? ive never watched it before, why the fuck would i know about it

all i see about it is cancerous faggots on here posting about cute dicks using anime pictures
>>
>>25619924
>we're talking about the stupid fucking noises they make.
I.e. Japanese.

>>25619926
>im not into watching anime, can you not read?
Then what in the fuck are you doing here asking what anime you should watch?

>ive never watched it before, why the fuck would i know about it
Then why are you spouting all these memes about it?

>all i see about it is cancerous faggots on here posting about cute dicks using anime pictures
So you relate to the world entirely through 4chan posts. Great.
>>
Go watch welcome to the NHK
Pretty much mandatory viewing for all robots

May cause depression and suicidal tendencies though
>>
>>25619964
>So you relate to the world entirely through 4chan posts. Great.

where do you think you are, faggot?

/r9k/ has been my only form of social outlet since i was 15 years old

a lot of my views come from here
>>
>>25619906
Uh yeah, and in this case I'm talking about anime tropes which is clearly not what OP is into. So if he can't look past those tropes, then it will hold his appreciation of these shows back.
>>
>>25619245
Watch Cowboy Bebop, without a doubt. It's really good. I envy you, to be able to watch it for the first time again.
>>
>>25619997
this

OP, since you haven't seen any anime before you haven't seen Welcome to the NHK, but you really need to. You'll enjoy it more than anything else on your list.

That or Ping Pong the animation.
>>
Watch space dandy OP
>>
>>25620001
>since I was 15
So last year?
>>
>>25620371
nope, try 2011 fuckhead
>>
>>25619245
Watch the three of them in no particular order.
>>
>>25620391
Why so much projection desu :^)
>>
>>25620473
if you weren't a smug fag there wouldn't be a problem
>>
>>25620497
That's the spirit ^ - ^
>>
>>25619245
Cowboy Bebop is good shit OP and I've heard mostly good things about the other two, you can't go wrong.
>>
I tried watching cowboy bebop once but it was boring as fuck. It's nostalgia bullshit.

Watch attack on titan, naruto, bleach. No need to be a pretentious faggot.
>>
go watch bebop

and its one of the very few anime where dub>sub
>>
watch cowboy bebop matey youll have a good time.
>>
Of those three I'd say go with Ghost in the Shell

I'd also highly recommend Texhnolyze if you can deal with really slow pacing (especially at first). It's incredibly depressing though, just to warn you, but it's probably my favorite anime
>>
I'm watching Saki as I type this. If you're interested in Mahjong or cute girls doing cute things, it's not bad. At the very least better than Akagi or others for learning the game.
>>
>>25619245
Berserk is the best of those three.

I also recommend Monster, Space Brothers, and LotGH.
>>
>>25619245
They're all good. For GiTS, make sure you watch the Stand Alone Complex series.
>>
Jojo's bizarre adventure
the most masculine anime there is
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.