[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"STEM isn't worth it. It's saturated."

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Richard_Hamming.jpg (67KB, 276x361px) Image search: [Google]
Richard_Hamming.jpg
67KB, 276x361px
>"STEM isn't worth it. It's saturated."
>look at any skill shortage list for any country in the world
>almost only STEM jobs listed on every single one
You guys are so full of shit it's insane.
>>
The only country that matters is your home country, which is mostly the USA here.

In the USA, yes, STEM jobs are extremely saturated.
>>
>>25610105
>The only country that matters is your home country
What the fuck are you talking about? There are companies all over the world that will fly you out to work for them.
>>
>>25609935

Skill shortage lists are not based upon whether job fields are actually saturated.
>>
>>25610142
That's only for top 5% students of each promotion.
.t someone that tried to make it in another country
>>
>>25610195
tell us your story faggot
>>
skill shortage = we don't have enough 40-50 year old veterans because they're retiring
skill shortage = we don't want fresh graduates without at least 5 years of experience.
>>
>>25610142
What the fuck are YOU talking about? Most countries have strict laws about allowing people in to work.

Every country has their own Uni grads with every type of degree. They want those jobs to be filled with their own countrymen.
>>
>>25610207
i just didn't make it in the states because they have to give me a visa and most companies are not willing to do that.
>>
>>25609935
I just find STEM boring, anon.
>>
>>25610324
What do you find interesting?
>>
The only reason why companies are reporting a "skills shortage" is to browbeat the government into letting them hire more H1-Bs for a third of the cost.

Why hire a native college grad when you can get three Pajeets for the same price?
>>
>>25609935

Look, what "skill shortage" really means is "skill shortage for what we want to pay".
>>
>western economy is constantly falling
>loldude get a STEM job, the more debt the more we make lol right?
>5 years later
>hello i have shiny paper signed by karl shekelbergen you're obligated to hire me
>"No"
>BLEH OMG MOM DAD FACEBOOK MY PRECIOUS COMMUNITY ONLINE IDIOTS PLEASE I BEG OF YOU GIVE ME 40k FOR MY UTTERLY USSLESS STEM DEGREE DENBTS

Reminder trade is 1000% more stable than any meme "big number+k" job you spoiled millennials claw at
>>
>>25609935

That's because the companies are listing the jobs but not hiring.
>>
>>25610229
>They want those jobs to be filled with their own countrymen.

Except for America because Obama is fucking retarded.
>>
>>25610142
That's not true at all. Nobody wants a stupid American to work for them unless its teaching English.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.