[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else /financialindependece/ here? >5 years out of college

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: comfybike.jpg (57KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
comfybike.jpg
57KB, 620x465px
who else /financialindependece/ here?

>5 years out of college and feeling generally apathetic and directionless in life
>Begin tracking spending after racking up a bit of CC debt
>Get linked to MMM and ERE blogs.
>Stop buying useless shit and easily save 50% of net income
>Realize buying shit doesnt make me happy
>Cars are a meme
>Literally 90% of my free time is spent browsing the internet, reading free books from the library or torrents, riding my <$300 bike to nearby friends house to have a couple of drinks instead of going out to restaurants/bars.
>At current income and savings rate, will be free to retire from wage slavery in 10 years.
>Free to pursuit any and all interests at any pace I please.
>It's the ultimate dream. Being a NEET without being a drain on family members or society.
>>
I got into the ERE shit, I cook my own meals now and turn the heat down really low. I don't do the bike thing though because I'm tired of getting honked at, shouted at, and having shit thrown at me.
>>
also link me some good info, I'm reading ERE and MMM right now
>>
>>25601359
>>It's the ultimate dream. Being a NEET without being a drain on family members or society.
how do I do this?
my hardest part is finding a cheap place to live. I live in MA so even ghettos are expensive.

im taking an autism evaluation to get neet bucks soon.
>>
>>25601443
Understandable. I live in a midwestern city with ~60k population. There isn't much traffic or pedestrians so I generally ride on the sidewalk and avoid busy streets. I think some people at work assume I have a DUI because that's pretty much the only reason people bike commute around here
>>
>>25601359
>>Get linked to MMM and ERE blogs.
what are those?
>>
>>25601596
Nobody bikes on the roads here. It's New England, I don't know if it's the area or what, but I've had people literally try to run me off the road and kill me. I bike to the store though because I can get there on sidewalks.
>>
>>25601572
I think Mr. Money Mustache has the highest quality posts about strategy and overall lifestyle. Boogleheads forum has a lot of good info about investing. MadFientist has some good articles about tax avoidance.
>>
There is only one more thing annoying then somebody who bums drinks off other people, ones that don't even know how to drink them and sip on 2 hipster craft expensive beers the whole time being a fag and then leave.
>>
>>25601628
Mr. Money Mustache = Canadian software engineer (computer programmer) who moved to Colorado and retired before 30
Early Retirement Extreme = physics grad student who retired after 5 years of work.

Both never made more than 5 figure salaries and live on ~$20k or less a year supported completely by passive investment income, and blog about it. MMM blog is making bank now, but he keeps the referral links honest and the ads are small and unobtrusive
>>
>>25601692
More of a fan of busch desu, but craft beer is good too. The most annoying thing is people caring what other people drink.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.