[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hear vanilla WoW being praised everywhere >decide to get

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: confused_blackadder.gif (561KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
confused_blackadder.gif
561KB, 320x200px
>hear vanilla WoW being praised everywhere
>decide to get into it
>be undead warlock
>boring as fuck without friends
>mfw

I literally spent over an hour walking around in Orgrimmar. How do I have fun with solo vanilla WoW?
>>
>>25595995
Games are for children, especially RPGs
>>
>>25595995
>undead warlock
Fine taste.
>>
fun when I was 12
>>
find a well frequented free server, settle with whatever version they play.
>>
File: clyde_grandillusions.png (22KB, 169x123px) Image search: [Google]
clyde_grandillusions.png
22KB, 169x123px
>>25596450

I did, there are loads of people here and the version is 1.12.00 or some such. I tried inviting people but they declined.
>>
Iktf.

Played MMO's for years but never made any internet friends.

I guess I'm even more autistic online than in person.
>>
>>25597449
>never made any internet friends
>internet friends
good laugh
>>
>>25597768

Internet friends are pretty cool, they will become obsolete when we get better AI tho
>>
>>25597768
Hence the distinction from friends proper.

But yeah, playing WOW without a guild to raid with is like jerking a rubber dick.

Lonely, unsatisfying and kinda gay.
>>
>solo vanilla WoW
>fun

pick one
>>
File: michael_scott.jpg (63KB, 399x382px) Image search: [Google]
michael_scott.jpg
63KB, 399x382px
>>25598424

Apparently the entire reason WoW was supposedly so great was due to the social aspect. Me being the eternal loner I am thought I could dick around exploring and getting gear and shit. It's just so fucking boring holding W then doing the same routine attacks over and over again.
>>
vanilla isn't even that great

people didn't know what they were doing and everyone was a noob, so it seemed harder than it really was
pvp was unbalanced as fuck too and hardly any spells so it was worse than expansions, world pvp was only part that was good

the private servers shit to because of the amount of bots, corecraft will be exactly like that aswell if they don't do something to stop creation of accounts (because private servers only need an email, pass a captcha and new acc), and good anti-bot (though they won't be able to)
>>
>>25598774

Can I get in warlords of draenor etc private servers for free? Vanilla is extremely disappointing and there isn't much documentation
>>
>>25600139
it's better just to get retail..
private servers will be shit, full of different language speakers and not many people will play. the bosses might not be scripted and the economy wll be shit

better just to pay for retail and play for 2-3 months or so.. doesn't take long to level and gear if you don't have one (u get a free lvl 90) and it'll be a lot better.
warlords of dreanor was pretty average imo. it didn't feel like a 'new' expansion besides garrisons, whch got old quick. the raids were alright but i quit because it was annoying finding a guild plus I was doing really crappy for my guild and was raiding half asleep when I was raiding at start of expansion, almost falling asleep during most raids because my sleep schedule was stuffed.
i haven't played the raids after the 2nd tier though
>>
File: squid_pepe.jpg (55KB, 754x653px) Image search: [Google]
squid_pepe.jpg
55KB, 754x653px
>>25600304

I mean, I'm a loner anyway so I was looking to play WoW as more of a giant RPG than a social experience but guess it's not the game for that. Private servers seem perfect for me but the game itself isn't built for it.
>>
>>25595995
>playing WoW and he doesn't even have autism

You're doing it very wrong friend
>>
>>25595995

because the community made it fun. you are playing on a dead server probably.
>>
>>25600359
i guess, i don't know how private servers are for warlords tho..
but retail will be way better. even now they haven't had working servers for old expansions properly (bug free, all quests, scripted instances etc.) and they've had years, i doubt warlords ones will be any good
>>
>>25600444

I do have autism.

>>25600470

The server I play on is packed. Still not getting those magic feelings people are talking about
>>
>>25595995
find a guild

>>25596305
no
>>
i liked playing vanilla Wow 10 years ago. *shrugs* i remember there would be other people around me leveling with me and i would join them in groups for dungeons and such.
>>
>>25600494

yeah but they don't have the pvp titles and such, do they?
>>
File: 1413527219281.jpg (10KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1413527219281.jpg
10KB, 251x242px
Vanilla WoW was good because of internet culture in that time period. The game is near the same on the better private server but it's impossible to recreate the atmosphere
>>
I've played on Nostalrius' vanilla server and it just isn't the same. It no longer feels like an adventure because I've seen everything before.
You need to minmax like an autist or a guild wont bring you to their raids.
PvP is no fun because the server is so overpopulated that you'll be killed so many times that lvling takes forever. Don't bother joining bg's as a low lvl either because it's filled with twinks and there will be no fair fights.
Quests are taking very long, even in groups as you're competing with dozens of people for the same mob/item.

This is just the player base, also understand that the classes/races weren't finished. Some races have op racials and most specs for most classes are so terribly designed that no raid will have use for them.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.