[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck guys, I just got into a massive fight with my parents in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10

File: 1451638898418.png (1MB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1451638898418.png
1MB, 1050x1050px
Fuck guys, I just got into a massive fight with my parents in public. They drove off home without me, so I'm biding my time sitting around here before I eventually have to go back.

All I ever try to do is reason with them and all they ever do is act like complete fucking children; either threatening to hurt me, evict me or just say they don't want to talk.

Right before they left my dad told me I should kill myself, which basically ended the conversation. Wat do
>>
>>25594914
What was the fight about?
>>
File: GWM_(9).jpg (64KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
GWM_(9).jpg
64KB, 900x600px
I recommend sucking a giant black dick.
>>
>>25594942
My lack of motivation in uni, last semester I dropped a bunch of classes. What burns me is that I'm really trying but all they yell at me about is how I "lie" all the time
>>
>>25594914
why not kill yourself?
> original psot
>>
Don't go back home and don't contact them at all. Make them think you're dead as long as you can.
>>
>>25594914
>>25594971

>my dad told me I should kill myself

They're either toxic, very immature or asian. In any case they don't seem up to handling the situation.
>>
>>25594914
listen to your dad
>>
>>25594971
Well you probably do lie all the time and your parents are sick of how pathetic you are.

You are a big massive fucking disappointment.

Hell one of my sons is like this and I know he is going to end up a massive disappointment. My wife and I have tried for so long to do everything we can to help him be a better person and he is just a genetic fuck up.

It's terrible because his younger brothers are so based.

I haven't given up on my son yet like your parents have on you.

As a parent I know how painful of a disappointment it can be.

You should fix your god damn self and prove to your parents that you aren't a pathetic fucking loser faggot piece of shit. Words are meaningless I am sure they have heard all your pathetic excuses. You have to Fucking fix yourself and prove it with actions.
>>
Fuck 'em.
Next semester sign up for five courses, get your parents to foot the bill and around the 100% refund date go in to the barrister's office, pull out of all the courses, take the money, and run.
College is a meme anyway.
>>
File: 1451331977926.jpg (42KB, 363x326px) Image search: [Google]
1451331977926.jpg
42KB, 363x326px
>>25595083
>has a wife and kids
>posting on /r9k/

literally what?

is this a bait post? how old is the oldest kid?
>>
>>25595038
They never acknowledge their own hypocrisy either. I know I have issues and I'm trying to deal with them now, I didn't the last three years.

But they want me to be perfect yesterday, today or tomorrow isn't fast enough for them.

I was on SSRIs a while back which made me stop thinking about suicide but someone posted the table of drops earlier and it's looking convincing
>>
>>25595083

(Not OP).

That's nice and all. But if you as a parent want this to happen then you need to take steps for it to happen, by helping him. Else you might as well just stand at the sidelines.

Most people in the "true fuckup NEET" category suffer from mental illness that needs treatment.
>>
>all I ever do is try to reason with them and they act like children?
Every time I hear this the person saying this is a massive autist and the situation is the opposite. You were most likely demanding something you have no right to and got served
>>
>>25595123
My oldest kid is 13.

I post on /pol/, /fit/ and on rare occasions /r9k/

I am an INTP and was socially awkward as a child/teen and empathize with r9k problems

I was lucky and fell into a relationship.
>>
>>25595166
I have asked nothing from them, ever. Not for presents, not for favours, nothing. That should not be too hard to get
>>
>>25595141
We do all we can to help him be a better person and I don't want him to end up like that.
>>
>>25595132
Do you lie or not?
How are they hypocrites?
Why is it wrong for them to demand you don't drop any classes?
>>
>>25595132

They're like most people. They never asked for a relative or kid with mental illness yet that's what they got.

Then, because they're weak they _have_ to shield themselves from that person in order to not go mad themselves. There's no solution to that problem, really.

So they're torn between the natural love of a parent and the fact that their kid is basically a constant source of pain for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-wzTRwJMg
>>
>>25595201
>Your dad tells you, his son to kill yourself
>I dindu nuffin
Doubtful
>>
As a parent of an unmotivated high school senior this gives me the feels.

Maybe I'm weird but since I've already tried threats and yelling that never worked I'm thinking those aren't very good ways to get your kid motivated.

I'm trying a different approach. Listening to him. But we're going through a "how to talk to each other" phase. I admit I'm not very good at it since I want to just say "do this" then go back to my own shit.

I'd never consider him a disappointment though. I'd be more likely to say"Guess I'm a shitty parent, eh?"
>>
>>25595201
According to this thread you are demanding to be trusted when you lie
You are demanding they go easy on you when you spent 3 years doing nothing and you are demanding they understand when you drop half hour subjects
Demanding entitled princess no wonder your dad told you to kill yourself
You also demand housing
Food
Clothing
Uni
And countless other things
>>
>>25595247
I lie about trivial shit like how my day went, but never mention how well I'm doing which they consider lying.

They lied during the argument about me having an addiction to drugs, yelling it loud enough for people to hear. I pushed them on it and out of earshot my mum said I was addicted to antidepressants, which I haven't taken in months.

That's not their demand, they say I need to do better but are not giving me the chance. I am seriously trying to get better
>>
>>25595083
This is the kind of shitty dad who will also bury his suicidal son and claim he din't do nuffin to provoke it.
>>
File: O-Oh.jpg (27KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
O-Oh.jpg
27KB, 680x383px
>>25595192
>I post on /pol/
>raising kids
>>
>>25595290

This, so much. Yelling never works. Bad communication kills.

>>25595297

There's nothing wrong with being entitled. I love entitled people. Entitled people are very rarely people who actually actively take advantage of others.
>>
>>25595337
You lost their trust, what do you expect?
>>
>>25595297
I pay rent, buy my own food, and pay my own tuition. I owe them the cumulative 18 years of dependence, which I will pay back someday since that's apparently what they expect.
>>
>>25595362
Yes I am a radical traditionalist, problem?

>>25595349
You've got me pegged
>>
>Everyone has to learn how to make it in life as most people dont have their hands held
>Wah its my parents not me
Only person that can motivate you, is you
>>
>>25595337
>I'm seriously trying to get better
Then how do all the signs point to the opposite
>dropping subjects
>not taking your pills
>picking up fight with your family
They lost their patience with you, you are not entitled to patience or space or trust, all those things can be lost
>>
>>25595394
>>25595337

They sound like narcissists.

> GTFO entitled neet you're shilling for him because you're a parasite yourself

I might be a NEET but I'm also rather good at sniffing out rats. The behavior OP describes raises a lot of red flags.
>>
>>25595416
>Yes I am a radical traditionalist, problem?
he's probably just some retarded nigger scared at the thought of more alpha white men being raised up to proper standards

keep on keeping on, pal
>>
>>25595083
Personally, I was a massive burnout disappointment and all it took was a couple of years away from my parents to turn into an ubermensch.
You can't base your son's potential on his siblings and rid yourself of all the blame. Your children have different personalities that might not work well with yours. Your children are different ages, and you change through the years with them.
For instance, I was always held up to the standard of my sister, even though she was 3 years ahead of me, and I was always doing better than she was at my age.
Eventually I caved to the pressure and the schoolwork crushed me. I was unable to recover until I decided to build discipline from the ground up without any unintentional discouragement from my parents. I anticipated intentional discouragement like OP is dealing with as well.
Now she's a cashier and I'm making advancements in robotics and algorithms.
Maybe your son and OP should take some time to live alone and work as a dishwasher before college like I did.
>>
>>25595441
How can you tolerate you own smell then?
>>
>dropped a bunch of classes
>massive fight with parents was all THEIR fault, *I* am only ever completely logical and reasonable
Oh I know exactly what kind of person you are. And, ironically, so do you, you're just using the power of denial to avoid recognising your utter shittiness. You know exactly what you are, yet you persist. Why is that? Because admitting it to anyone is harder than behaving differently?
>>
>>25595416
No, I'm sorry. It's a given that everyone will have different views from one another. I shouldn't have said anything.
>>
>>25594914
Beat up your fuckin' dad, spit on him when he's down and tell him that despite having one as a father figure that you're not a pussy.
>>
>>25595542

I don't, actually. I'm a manipulative, heard-of-heart asshole who browbeats people, amongst other sins.
>>
>>25595572
But aaaannoooon he is a victim, a little special little victim. How can you ever be mad at a victim? Don't you see him there being victimized without ever doing something to desseeve it?
>>
>>25595651

We are all victims. If we don't take care of each other then we will wind up alone and weak.
>>
You wasted their money and probably lied about your academics
You deserve this
>>
>>25595698
If we take too good care of eachother, we end up inseperable and weak.
>>
>>25595435
I'm going to counselling, personal and academic, exercising, working to get my sleep schedule back in order since it's been fucked since '09, wagecucking and planning my next semester. I think that at least counts as something.

>>25595571
Throughout the entire fight I was the only one to keep a level voice, at one point I was grabbed by the collar of my shirt and threatened with a beating. They're truly wonderful people, I hope yours were as kind.

>>25595651
I didn't make this thread to bitch. I don't know what to do next and all people are doing is shitposting about how great it must be to live with these people.

Steps bots, now. What do I do
>>
>>25595394
>paying for your childhood

What the fuck
>>
>>25595752
>>25595394
Maybe you should check your eyesight friend
>>
>>25595698

Also, the guy who viewed himself as a traditionalist? The family unit is the fundamental unit of society and it's thus your duty to take care of your son even if he winds up a weakling. Even if that means you have to hide him in the attic.

Furthermore almost everyone can be useful given the right situation. I've helped my mother with her work as a HR boss, for example, by giving her advice about people in my situation and her (to her) incomprehensible male colleagues. What comes around goes around, just not always in a nice predictable manner and that's why it's so bad to alienate people from you. Especially family.

A true "ya gotta get indipendent and STRONG FREE" attitude can be destructive.
>>
File: 235072742.jpg (139KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
235072742.jpg
139KB, 1365x768px
>>25594949
Im seriou OP just run away from home to the ghetto.
>>
>>25595928
where were you when you realized how small girls forearms really were?
>>
>>25595757

That's just silly. I've never seen that happen.
>>
File: YffPAvx.png (208KB, 424x410px) Image search: [Google]
YffPAvx.png
208KB, 424x410px
>>25595967
>he's never met a mama's boy
>>
>>25595083
>prove to your parents that you aren't a pathetic fucking loser faggot piece of shit

Not him, but why?

Why should anybody have to "prove" themselves to anyone?
>>
>>25595766

> threatened with a beating

Red alert.

I'm going to seriously suggest that your family, given your purported behavior, are actually narcissists who mistreat you just because you make them look bad.

There is a subreddit (yeah, I know) for children raised by narcs at https://www.reddit.com/r/RaisedByNarcissists, you should check it out.
>>
File: 6811be_5507614.jpg (54KB, 870x870px) Image search: [Google]
6811be_5507614.jpg
54KB, 870x870px
>>25594914
What OP thought he sounded like:
>All I ever try to do is reason with them

What OP probably sounded like:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96SrWO5Na54
>>
>>25596039
Then his parents should kick him out and no longer support him. Parasitic people should be removed from the gene pool.
>>
>>25596039
Because they were nice enough to force him into exist him and attempt to indoctrinate him on their standards of success. How could he be so cruel as to not meet their every expectation?
>>
>>25596125

This. Narcissists treat other people as extensions of themselves, or as actors on a stage with themselves as the star.

As long as everything is fine then it's fine, but else the other lesser actors aren't doing their jobs correctly and need to be harshly yelled at.
>>
>>25596086

What do you consider to be a parasite?
They decided to have a child due to their own wants or selfishness. I find inspiration in life to learn and create things, but I can't expect that of everyone; I have no right to. Just as his parents have no right to call their creation a failure. They wanted to bring into existence something that has a free will, now they have to deal with it.

>>25596125
heh
>>
>>25594914
Sleep rough for a week or two, then let yourself back inside in the night, take what you can carry and hit the road.

Send them messages once in a while so they know how you're doing, but don't leave them the facility to contact you.

Bush, bash, bosh, they can never hurt you again.
>>
>>25595083
you're a fucking disgusting piece of biological automaton
>>
>>25595192
>My oldest kid is 13

He's only thirteen and you're already judging his existence?
You sound like you're a terrible father.
>>
>>25595132
>They never acknowledge their own hypocrisy either.
No one does, I'm sure you don't either, because it requires you to look at your actions/words objectively, but people's emotions/opinions/etc always very subjective.

Most people are simply unaware when they are being hypocritical, because they have mental justifications (valid or not) for their conflicting views, which are often reinforced by their friends or hugboxes like FB, Tumblr, /r9k/, etc.
>>
>>25594914
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ4-s6bDgTw
>>
>>25596223
>now they have to deal with it
Yes by cutting all relations with him.

They are clearly at their wits end and are rejecting him from the family.

They gave him life and they rightfully have certain expectations, if he is unwilling to live up to their most basic expectations they can cut relations with him.

If him having life is such a burden he can always kill himself.
>>
>>25595217
Remember: if you aren't wise or competent enough to raise your kids it's their fault!

And blame solves everything!
>>
>>25596340

They didn't just cut relations. He was threatened with a beating.

You're trying to make them look good, but normal people do not just excommunicate family members in this fashion.
>>
>>25596340
OP here.
Basic expectations huh? I already said I pay for all my own shit, going to uni is icing on the cake, but my 3.0 GPA is what they call "pathetic."
>>
>>25596389

Narcs, narcs, narcs.

Don't let the edgy tryhard robots here get you down. I understand that their behavior makes you uncertain of your world-view.

Just try to be as independent of them as possible and remember that they are in fact mentally ill.
>>
>>25596125
>force him to exist
This is a very pathetic argument (boo hoo i didn't ask to be born.)

>indoctrinate
most parents try to raise their kids as best they can, and most parents often don't have good role models themselves; it's far more difficult than it seems, you can read all the best parenting books written and still fuck it up because of random inter-personal and societal factors.

It sounds like OP's parents desperately want him to succeed, perhaps they may be going about it wrong, or maybe OP is part of the problem: we don't know because we are only hearing OP's side of the story, which is likely heavily biased.
>>
>>25596458
If it's biased the advice I seek won't do me any good. For my own sake it's best it's as unbiased as possible, see?
>>
>>25595416
If you're the kind that posts on /pol/ yes.
>>
>>25596340
>are rejecting him from the family

That's not family.

>They gave him life

"They" gave him. No, God gave him life.
You think those incompetent parents could manage something so beautiful when they can't even raise a child?

>they rightfully have certain expectations

No one has a "right" to expect anything of anybody else.
They can hope and expect things of others, but effectively controlling the actions of others is not a "right."

>If him having life is such a burden he can always kill himself.

So I can shit in your mailbox and I have no obligation to take care of it?
You now have to deal with a problem I caused?

His parents have a legal and moral responsibility to take care of him during at least the first 18 years of life and provide with the tools he needs to attain their measure of achievement. Sending someone off to collage after emotionally repressing them for two decades is not being a "good parent."
>>
Fake your own death to see their reaction
>>
>>25596502

Describe your familys socio-economic background.
>>
>>25596389

Escape OP!
Run!

Get out while you still can.
>>
>>25596618
Middle-class, they're having some difficulty keeping hold of the house even with my rent. My mum doesn't have a job and instead sits around reading all day or engaging in spiritual Buddhism that's apparently had no impact whatsoever. My father works a blue collar job, but is home most days. I'm enrolled in a STEM degree with a shitty car I got passed down to me from my great grandfather. I could survive in this city if I had to.
>>
>>25595083
>prove to your parents that you aren't a pathetic fucking loser faggot piece of shit
wew lad
don't expect him to help you in any way when you retire
>>
Just don't go home. You can come live with me. I can even get you a job. But only if you're in Appalachia/the midwest.
>>
>>25596745
Are you going to rape me?
>>
>>25595192
>I was lucky and fell into a relationship
>thinks he's a good parent
You're the worst parent, you have kids and all of a sudden think you've grown into a person of respect and admiration.

Even in psychology they say parents like you are the worst possible things for their kids. Clearly you're not even trying to help your children. You do realize threatening them and then trying to be nice doesn't work right? Kids aren't dogs you can give treats and it'll learn from it. They're human fucking beings and if you incur any type of hostility towards them they'll fucking remember it. You fucked up your kids because you have no patience for anything but your selfish ass. Good job idiot. Try learning about what human beings actually are before creating them.
>>
>>25595290

Proper communication of expectations and understanding is the best thing you can do.
>>
>>25596709

It might be that they are simply completely alienated from what "success" means.

To many people, modern society can be intensely frightening because the people who run it are (from their perspective) much "smarter" than they and create and run what seems like huge scary systems that oppresses them.

I have met such people that have acted intensely toxic.
>>
>>25595370
>Entitled people are very rarely people who actually actively take advantage of others

If they're already expecting you to give them something they won't even think of having to take it.

I never thought of it this way.
>>
>>25596872

Yes. It's rather obvious really.

Of course, the only reason I could see it that way is because I'm a chronically manipulative and untrusting asshole (in attempted recovery).
>>
>>25595123
>>has a wife and kids
>>posting on /r9k/

What does this even mean? Do you think there are rules for where you can browse or post or something based on your age and your marital status? Do you have any idea of how utterly childish posting this makes you sound?
>>
File: 1447626135638.gif (577KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1447626135638.gif
577KB, 500x498px
>>25595766
>>25594914
Sup OP i have similar scenario except it's a single mom. Imagine the neuroticism I had to experience all mylife. I stayed inside and tried to be the good kid, never did drugs, never disobeyed anything serious ("can I wash the dishes tomorrow" is probbaly the worst I've done), I've made mistakes but they weren't serious and were all me doing things for the first time. While people around me told me how wonderful I was and how they'd want me as their kid (I was a star student) I'd go home and have my own parent cursing at me and calling me a retard just becuz muh emotions. I wasn't planned, I was their mistake. I have no friends, I don't go outside, I have a plan to fix my uni struggles, I have a job, but guess what I get threatened for OP? For ordering pizza for the both of us without having her look at it. Just for her to only eat 4 slices of the shitty pizza she added and finish all 3 boxes because she's fat and is on a "diet". She even gives me shit for my weight loss and calls me anorexic (she's obese). The verbal abuse and what she has done all my childhood fucked me up bad, my bro got away from it all like a lucky bastard but he always went out and grew up a Chad.

All you can do is deal with it, lie (I never used to lie but in the end that's all you have left), persuade, strike bargains, and point out what they did that they criticized you for. OR move out.

I know it's hard OP, my mom told me I should've been abort at 15 or 16 in a car. She whines about how she feels like the bad guy after I graduated salutatorian and she got to brag to her friends about it.

Just don't say anything man, don't fucking say anything anymore.
>>
>>25596926
>It's rather obvious

It is, I just don't normally put my thoughts to sociology.

Has your manipulation gotten you anywhere in life or have you just alienated friends/family for short term gain?
>>
>>25596610
>No, God gave him life.
Oh god I am tipping my fedora so hard right now. I'd say nobody could be this stupid, but then I remembered I was on r9k.
>>
UPDATE

I just messaged my father about a set of auto parts I was going to pick up on the way back and he replied, so he might've settled down for the meantime.

I can't live with these people anymore since as little interaction with them as possible makes them say that I need to act like a member of the family, whereas hanging around them sparks arguments like this one. Last time I was threatened with a knife. No it is not biased and the threat was unambiguous.
>>
>>25597088
If you can't find a way out just try to find a balance or some way to spend time outside of the house.
Also if they ever threaten you again, make sure you get injured by the knife so you can sue and arrest them.
>>
>>25597066

I bet you think taking a piss on a canvas makes you a painter too. The only difference is nature creates something beautiful at the end of procreation while you do the same thing the lowest of of all mammals do on a daily basis, stick your cock in a hole.
>>
>>25597088
>Improve your B average or I will literally kill you with this large knife I am holding, son.
bollocks, sounds like you're exaggerating to get /r9k/ approval and sympathy
>>
File: restingangelface.jpg (128KB, 686x1068px) Image search: [Google]
restingangelface.jpg
128KB, 686x1068px
>>25597030

Oh, no. Not _that_ kind of manipulation. Much worse.

It's gotten me success in life and people to love me but my heart has shrunk several sizes from isolation behind the mask.
>>
>>25595515

Great work, Anon.
I'm glad to hear you made it.
>>
>>25597223
Believe what you will, but take the rest of it into account too. He has a massively imbalanced temper.

If I cared about sympathy I'd go to people who know me anon, not come here
>>
>>25597223

Toxic people are more common than you think.
>>
>>25595766
>What do I do

If you're independent and being threatened, why don't you stop contact?
>>
>>25597509
Because it's a massive pain to find a place in this city that doesn't cost >$1000CDN/month in rent. The one thing I'll admit they help me in is in reduced rent (they offered, I didn't ask).

I'd need to drop school period and be a wageslave.
>>
>>25597603
how much do you pay in rent to your parents?
>>
File: 1450738067325.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450738067325.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
>>25595083
>sons
>wife

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF
>>
>>25597648
$600/month as of right now, most people I've met in uni pay no rent and have no job.
>>
>>25597702

You are a superhero OP. Your parents don't deserve you.
>>
>>25594914
get better
Dont hate yyour parents, just be angry when you are. Dont talk to your dad unless he at. east shows some fucking regret for telling you to kill yourself. That wasnt funny.
Dont kill yourself
Seek help elsewhere
>>
>>25594914
In the short term, just apologize to them. Say something like, "I'm sorry for what I did. I'll be better now."

In the longer term move out. Your relationship with your parents is toxic. I'm sure you can find living for 600$/mo if you room with multiple people or ask around for some favors.

Sometimes in life relationships just don't work out. It sucks and I only hope you won't be too lonely like so many are on r9k.
>>
>>25595083
You're not fooling anyone, OP's Dad
>>
>>25599309
Headed home right now, I guess I'll be apologizing since neither of them ever have. Time to grow the fuck up and dance on their graves someday. Thanks anon
>>
>>25595416
Is your father dead? If not, he probably blames you for raising your son to be a failure if he is also a traditionalist.

Don't think you can escape blame for raising a shitty son, lad. He learned everything from you. YOU are the failure.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.