[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have PTSD from military service >Act like a complete weirdo

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1435958422196.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1435958422196.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>Have PTSD from military service
>Act like a complete weirdo in public
>Paranoid as fuck all the time, start feeling anxious and nervous for no fucking reason all the time
>Can't even complete a sentence without devolving into a stuttering, distorted mess
>Can't hold even level of eye contact
>Zone out randomly in public and creep people out

FUCK THIS SHIT
>>
You need to see a psychiatrist or something senpai
>>
>>25588969

I would be terrified around someone like you desu.

But yeah you need cognitive-behavioural therapy. It's the only real cure.
>>
You should try and get your hands on some LSD
>>
>>25588969
Control yourself mate, every time you think you might be losing control even slightly slap yourself or do something else that would hurt you in a non-permanent way.

That or start taking drugs. Which is all a shrink will do
>>25589137
LSD will make you panic if you go into it in the wrong mindset, i recommend you start with cannabis and see how you feel, since after all it is the same class just alot weaker.
>>
>have severe PTSD
>amygdala is completely fucked providing me with virtually no fear response
>dissociation is strong so life is like a third-person perspective
woooooo or something
>>
>>25589158
>i recommend you start with cannabis and see how you feel, since after all it is the same class just alot weaker
Same class? They're 2 completely different substances, I hope you're not going by the US governments classification of drugs because fucking heroin is also schedule 1.
>>
>>25589237
Well i use both recreationally, and at low doses it gives me the same feeling as alot of weed
>>
>>25589137
>>25589158
Jesus Christ you guys, he's suffering from PTSD and you tell him to go on drugs that trigger the fuck out of mental illness/anxiety.
>>
File: 1445473632475.jpg (56KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1445473632475.jpg
56KB, 500x385px
>>25589324
I suffer from anxiety, and very low doses help alot.
>>
>>25589324
>drugs that trigger the fuck out of mental illness/anxiety
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1448227150892.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1448227150892.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
>>Have PTSD from military service
>>
>>25589342
Cannabis is known for paranoia and anxiety in those who are prone to it, OP is prone to it you mong. Nevermind acid victims who get flash backs and other issues.

>>25589336
Playing with fire my friend.
>>
>>25589382
Cannabis aside, psychedelics have been shown to possess no negative link to mental disorders, so I'll ask one final time: Can you link your citation? I am curious to read it, preferably from a peer-reviewed journal.
>>
>>25589159

My sister has so severe PTSD they see it on brain scans. She's had cognitive-behavioural therapy and it's helped her.

This drug shit just seems likely to harm him. And wouldn't want to be around a drugged-out solider who suddenly decides to take me out because muh flashback-hallucination Talibans.
>>
>>25589459
>And wouldn't want to be around a drugged-out solider who suddenly decides to take me out because muh flashback-hallucination Talibans.
That's good. Being surrounded by people who ignorantly generalize would not help him to improve or recover at all.
>>
>>25589522

I've heard plenty of stories about violent soliders with PTSD, to the point that they isolate themselves from their loved ones. If he's a threat he needs to take responsibility for that.

But practical issues aside, have you tried cognitive-behavioural PTSD therapy? Did it help you?

My sister is still quite disabled, so it is of interest to me.
>>
>>25588969
I have a couple of questions for you Americans. When receiving service from a waitress, you are supposed to give her a tip of a couple of dollars in America. Or they will start to ramble about "muh service".
So when a veteran starts wailing about "muh service",are you supposed to give him some pocket change too? Does that stop the endless nagging about " muh service, muh dead ass comrades, muh ptsd, muh missing limbs... "?
Because tbqh the only thing I am interested In when talking to a soldier is how many people he shot...
>>
>>25589946

That is a bit severe. Veteran services suck in the US. They are left to take care of themselves. All a part of the American dream.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.