[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here constantly getting lost in inner monologues?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1371924662036.gif (402KB, 277x299px) Image search: [Google]
1371924662036.gif
402KB, 277x299px
Anyone else here constantly getting lost in inner monologues?

I can't focus on anything lately. Everytime I try I just lose myself in some imaginary conversation which inevitably ends into me explaining some vain idea or concept to a non-existing audience. I will spend hours walking circles in my room talking to the floor, sometimes repeating the same sentences over and over until I get it right.

I'd write some of it down if it weren't all such utter nonsense.
>>
File: 1342385120036.png (115KB, 262x274px) Image search: [Google]
1342385120036.png
115KB, 262x274px
me too, probably the weed but also been talking to myself since i was a kid, so it's hard to know for sure.
on one of my shroom trips my entire life flashed before my eyes. i thought that was Hollywood bullshit until that happened.

my point is that i learned that the human mind has all the information there already, it just needs to re-arrange and access it, that's the tricky part.
maybe our inner monologues are our way of re-arranging intangible pieces of information?
>>
>>25587129
>. I will spend hours walking circles in my room talking to the floor, sometimes repeating the same sentences over and over until I get it right.

I literally couldn't sleep last night because of this, and I can't have any more sleeping meds until I go into the doctors for a checkup.
>>
>>25587129
Not inner monologue, but I do get pretty deep into imaginary/hypothetical conversations with people real and fake.

For example, I'm writing a novel right now and I drifted off for like twenty minutes imagining a conversation that I would have on a podcast I listen to if they invited me on as a guest.

Also sometimes after talking to someone I'll kind of replay the conversation in my head but with different outcomes.

>I'd write some of it down
Fucking write it down. Might give you a good idea for later, or maybe some good reference material, or just to practice writing. Turn it into a little story or whatever. At the very least you'll feel like you turned something nearly worthless into something real. Something a bit more fleshed out.
>>
>>25587269
>Fucking write it down

I did, once. I started a diary, but had to tear out all the pages after a few days because I couldn't handle even reading a single word of it.
>>
>>25587257
Do sleeping meds even help? I was thinking about getting some to fix my schedule.
>>
>>25587339
I've done that like twelve times over.

It's good though because writing it down in the first place helps you remember the general ideas and the actual writing process gets you to develop those ideas further.

Read like two words in, get disgusted, and kill it with fire for the fear of other people finding it and somehow tracing it back to you. It's gonna be absolute garbage in the beginning. But trust me you're gonna start writing stuff that you really enjoy and can even bear to reread later on.

>>25587411
I'm not that guy, but I'd say don't take the meds. If you're staying up thinking about shit, that's probably good. Means you got a mind and you're using it. You don't need to water yourself down.

Watch this, he makes a good point: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbVhbQPblNY
>>
>>25587589
The proces of tearing up the pages in tiny bits was tiring though. You think I should burn them instead?
>>
File: 1447968143163.gif (275KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1447968143163.gif
275KB, 500x375px
>>25587670
It's more mellow dramatic, so I'd say go for it.
>>
I really only do this during vidya when I fuck up and try to justify myself to some audience that doesn't exist
>>
I used to but then the inner monologs stopped being my voice and I stopped being able to control them and became psychotic.
>>
>>25587924
Sounds spooky. Have you tried arguing with the voices?
>>
>>25587947

Sort of, my therapist suggested I try talking to them so I did. I asked them what they wanted and they said "you". I didn't talk to them any more after that.
>>
>>25588002
You fool, they're obviously bluffing. They're in your head, so they're yours. You're the master, tell em that. So what if they get mad, what are they gonna do? Shout?
>>
>>25587269
This. i would replay comversations i had with people and think of betters things i couldve said instead
>>
>>25588033
Haha, sounds like a great idea, I'll make sure to tell them that next time.

If anything interesting happens I'll respond here or make a new thread if this one is archived by then. It's just my mental health, nothing important right?
>>
>>25588076
Also tell them they're cunts.

Definitely do that.
>>
>>25588114
They most definitely are cunts
>>
>>25587129
>>25587210
... Are you me?

Do you also spell words when you say them and sometimes spell them backwards?
>>
>>25588148
No. That's weird.
>>
>>25587129
This is literally me.
>often imagine being a substitute teacher that just gets up in front of the room & yells for 6 hours
>imagine successfully convincing my parents that the economy & government are completely fucked
>imagine infodumping some poor cashier I work with with a bunch of cringy medical facts/statistics followed by numerous death statistics/etymologies
>the rest of it is just talking to myself about my mental state/world views/values/principles & how they've changed overtime
>>
>>25587845
>mellow dramatic
Fucking retard
>>
>all these people stating how they can not stop thinking

It's a good thing, you faggots. High brain activity is to be used. Get off 4chan and go read a book.

This happens to me all the time.
t. Computer scientist with PhD in Physics and Computer Systems
>>
>>25588174
>This is literally me.
Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>25588372
stop being such a pre-madonna
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.