[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here healed from depression ? I'm not talking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: 1449558189773.gif (164KB, 494x332px) Image search: [Google]
1449558189773.gif
164KB, 494x332px
Has anyone here healed from depression ?
I'm not talking about living a normie life but just... Going on with life as an outcast but without the depression ?
>>
Kinda.
I have a more depressed personality than other people, but I wouldn't call myself truly depressed anymore.

You just need to find a distraction or two. For me, I drink, make enough money to live comfortably, watch tons of movies, and I don't take myself seriously at all.
>>
File: 745323345657.jpg (216KB, 900x630px) Image search: [Google]
745323345657.jpg
216KB, 900x630px
>>25577080
Well, I was trapped in depression 2013- early 2015, which was caused by a mix of being an outcast/constant self belittlement, I had no friends and I attempted suicide, though I lost nerve thinking about how it would affect my family.

But then, something happened to me.
I don't know what, but I can pinpoint it to September.
My perspective shifted entirely, I had a new found appreciation for the world, though namely nature and other inanimate things.
It was quite odd, the glares I always thought I felt had vanished into a vapor, and the invisible hand that clutched my heart had vanished.

Back during those years I was depressed I actually still had close friends, though now we have fallen out of contact, and today I live alone and speak to no one but clerks and anons' like you.

I break down sometimes at the beauty of the world, and now I am so grateful that I get to experience the miracle of being.
>>
An outcast without depression. I can relate to that, its lonely as fuck. Everyone wants to talk about being miserable and i just want to have fun and enjoy life but no one i know can relate. Im too weird for normal people and too happy for non normals.
>>
File: 1451742635249.png (414KB, 624x714px) Image search: [Google]
1451742635249.png
414KB, 624x714px
>>25577364
Has that ever stopped you from the thought of suicide though?

I truly believe depression can never be cured as it'll always creep up on you.

For example, say you have an extra finger on your hand. Sure you can work your job and live your life and distract yourself but you'll always have that extra finger.

Shitty analogy but you get the understanding of my logic
>>
>>25577080
Three words amigo:
GET
OVER
IT
>>
OP here
>>25577364
I see, I'll try again then. Thanks anon.

>>25577377
That was inspiring anon, I'm glad you've found your way out.

>>25577411
I hope it'll get better anon.
>>
File: 1451751515028.gif (120KB, 497x372px) Image search: [Google]
1451751515028.gif
120KB, 497x372px
I take prozac and build gundams. I'm pretty content with life right now
>>
>>25577080
It never goes away, but you can form it into a strength.
Eventually it becomes optimism as you come to realize the old phrase is true - it is better to have tried and lost than never tried at all.
>>
File: JIM.gif (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
JIM.gif
64KB, 500x500px
>>25577629
Fellow /m/atey. What was your last/current project?
>>
My first ex was depressed the whole time I knew her. She was kinda afraid to leave the house and thought therapy or meds were voodoo when I suggested it.

Ran into her a couple years later and it turns out she went on SSRIs after we broke up and immediately got a string of jobs that ended in a career position, started traveling, and made friends.
>>
File: p10402991.jpg (925KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
p10402991.jpg
925KB, 2048x1360px
>>25577839
Currently waiting for pic to arrive. After that I might give an MG Zaku some love
>>
>>25577080
rollin asdfj;lv
>>
File: GM Striker.jpg (67KB, 530x480px) Image search: [Google]
GM Striker.jpg
67KB, 530x480px
>>25577970
Neat. Sandrock needs more love. Bought a bunch of shit to work on but the last thing was Barbatos and now I'm thinking of picking pic related out of my pile.
>>
OP here
Thanks for your answer anons. I guess I won't have to give up.
>>
File: tumblr_nqxchxpc2s1r2z5szo1_1280.jpg (192KB, 694x1141px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqxchxpc2s1r2z5szo1_1280.jpg
192KB, 694x1141px
>>25577422
I know what you mean. What got me out of mine was realizing that being sad isn't a bad thing.

There's so much pressure to be happy happy happy always but everyone knows that isn't possible. Being sad gives you a really different perspective to.

Being depressed helped me see that my friends weren't really friends at all and were more so acquaintances. Realized my upbringing wasn't healthy and that I needed to get away from my family asap. If it wasn't for being sad I'd still be stuck in the same place.

All emotions are useful, and being sad is important. If you're sad for to long, you need to take action and do what your body is telling you. If you don't know what to do, talk with a therapist about it.
>>
Meditation helped me a lot. I'm a lot more at peace with things.
>>
>>25577080
Buddhism and anti-depressants have helped a lot. Also counseling helped me realize why I am the way I am. Even though it didn't really cure anything by itself.
>>
>>25577080
I feel like depression isn't something you can recover from. It's more of a realization or a discovery than it is an illness. I was diagnosed with clinical depression years ago and have since stopped using my medication because it didn't really change anything - it didn't help me become optimistic, it just made the pessimism a little bit more tolerable, so I figured it was really pointless.

I am confident that I will never get over this, it is a part of me now. If it is a disease, it is incurable, at least in my case.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.