[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone work at Target? What's it like? I hear it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Illinois_Target_Store.jpg (340KB, 2034x1288px) Image search: [Google]
Illinois_Target_Store.jpg
340KB, 2034x1288px
Anyone work at Target? What's it like?

I hear it's a good place to start if you're a NEET
>>
more like TarGAY

he he he
>>
>>25575734

Worked there one summer, night shift stocker.

It was pretty bad. Huge red flag real early: during orientation they made us watch some weird propaganda-like video talking about how bad unions were and how joining a union would make your job suck.

Your team leaders are all dead-eyed middle aged sad sacks who've never escaped retail and now are doomed to make $13/hr for the rest of their life. Your coworkers are all douchebag high school graduates.

Your store manager is a kool-aid drinker who calls nightly pep rallies to hype everyone up for an exciting night of improving Target's bottom line.

Basically it's shit. Get a real job or just go home, don't suffer through this. If you're working at night they work you to the bone.
>>
>>25575734
Its shit. target employees always look unusually miserable
>>
>>25575734
I worked there as a cart attendant. It was alright. Women's bathroom checks were the worst part of the job.
>>
File: 1424811695890.jpg (209KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
1424811695890.jpg
209KB, 682x600px
>>25575776
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Somebody stop this guy
>>
>>25575734
Like any retail job, it is a literal hell that you will only endure if it's a literal choice between this and starvation.

If you have any other job prospects, seriously, anything that isn't working in the service industry, do it. Even digging ditches for 8 hours a day will get you /fit/, there is no benefit to retail aside from the fact that you're getting paid to do it
>>
>>25575902
>Women's bathroom checks were the worst part of the job.
Worse than the mens?
>>
>>25575881
I have largely to opposite experience of this guy. Work as a stocker, but in the morning. Didn't get any kind of union propaganda, but I did get some spiel about how "inclusive" target is, but I assume that's bog-standard for every major company. My team lead is a cool guy who knows what he's doing, and spares us of most of the corporate bullshit. My co-workers are about 50% high school kids, but my target is next to high school, so that isn't surprising.

As for the work, at least at my store, all they ask you to do is your job. Stocking is kind of a bitch sometimes, but most of the time you can just put your brain on auto-pilot and space out. Very nice if you enjoy daydreaming.

Pros:
>Lots of free food
>Slightly above minimum wage starting pay
>The management usually doesn't suck
>They'll hire you even if you're a sad, referenceless piece of human shit, like me
>Do a good job and you can use it as a springboard to better paying warehouse/logistics work
>Very loose dress code
Cons:
>Overly "friendly" atmospehere
>Employee discount kinda sucks
>Slightly above minimum wage pay
>The work can be exhausting, or easy. You don't get to pick though.
>>
>>25576309
>>The work can be exhausting, or easy. You don't get to pick though.

I do electronics. Easiest shit ever.
>>
File: 1449086072846.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1449086072846.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>25575776
holy fucking shit TOP KEK TOPPEST KEK IVE EVER HEARD HOLY FUCK
>>
File: 1384888888225.jpg (64KB, 535x600px) Image search: [Google]
1384888888225.jpg
64KB, 535x600px
>>25575776
More like

tarGET
>>
I got it shitty. I'm a cart attendant. Yet in trained in hardlines, softlines, p-fresh, electronics, guest service, and backroom, yet they keep me fucking cashiering.
>>
>>25576499
I was talking specifically about flow, but you're right. Softlines and Electronics are basically just getting paid to stand around.
>>
>>25575891
thats becasue we are
>>
>>25575734
I work at eliminating targets champ

-Corporal, US Army national guard, 1 year deployed to Kuwait
>>
>>25576573
I never let them get away with that shit. I put my cashier hours on the board, I call off it I can't get anyone, and they eventually get the idea.

If they tried to schedule me that much as cashiering I'd just quit on the spot.

Cashiering there is literally slavery, and your pitlord slave masters are just losers who think just because they have a set of keys and tell people which lanes to stand in that they're somehow higher on the totem pole but only make 50 cents more than the people they boss around. It's really pathetic.
>>
>>25575734
Im a vendor for target, they usually have the hottest and best employees
>>
>>25576717
This. You'll always find some qts at Target.

But since it's such a big store, it's hard to try to mingle with them without looking like you're going out of your way to do so, which can make you look creepy.
>>
>>25576687
>50 cents more than the people they boss around. It's really pathetic.
thats where i laugh when they try to act better than you just because on keys theyre paid to hold and use
>>
>>25576732
Can confirm. My Target is like a hive of qt Mexican girls.
>>
>>25576732

Ive talked to alot of them, in the backroom, often 1on1, most are nice af. compared to say walmart, which has the weirdest people
>>
0>>25576499
Samsies. I even smoke weed in the store occasionally. Work in bikes as well so I can hide back. My store always hires slutty lods tho
>>
>>25576717
i wouldnt advise dating them

i tried to date some softlines bitch, and she turned out to be fucking a gsa, an electronics guy, and a backroom guy who was a huge ass chad.
>>
>>25576568
that must have took you a while to think of
>>
>>25576309
>They'll hire you even if you're a sad, referenceless piece of human shit, like me
I got rejected from Target. I work at Stop and Shop now. Stop and Shop is so easy, they hire everyone and managers are nice af.
>>
File: 1450382803049.png (62KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1450382803049.png
62KB, 454x453px
Does anyone know how to deal with back pain. Standing for not even a hour gives me terrible back pain. I've say playing vidya my whole life so im fucked
>>
>>25576107
men don't have bloody tampons everywhere
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.