[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here have any experience with citalopram? I went in for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1442885375077.png (195KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1442885375077.png
195KB, 576x432px
anyone here have any experience with citalopram?

I went in for a physical today and mentioned my anxiety, hoping to get some sort of benzo but instead I got this.
>>
Inderal might be better.
>>
>>25564574
I was on them for around 5 months before I gave them up. They didn't help at all, just made me super sleepy and was unable to concentrate half the time. Also after about a month of being on them you'll find it's 10x harder to cum when you're fapping as well. Enjoy.
>>
>>25564608
I go back in a month.
if I say it isn't working will I increase my chances of getting a benzo?

I'm a college-aged male so I get the reluctance to prescribe me controlled meds
>>
>>25564574

It's an SSRI antidepressant. You don't want to take that shit. They have a ton of shitty side effects, like constant weight gain, lethargy, no sex drive, or even feeling more depressed and suicidal than you normally would. Withdrawing from them is also a pain in the ass.

Doctors generally aren't going to prescribe benzos due to the risk for addiction, and taking them on a long-term basis just results in tolerance, and eventually withdrawal. Benzos are great for short-term treatment of anxiety, but that's it.

In my personal opinion, there isn't a suitable pharmaceutical approach to treating anxiety. Antidepressants are more likely going to make you feel worse than not, and anything else you can take is ridiculously addictive.
>>
>>25564630
Yeah I had monthly appointments with my doctor as well, and I kept telling him that I didn't feel any different if not worse. He just kept upping the dosage every month, in the end I just stop going to my appointments and felt a lot better after I stopped taking them.
>>
they placebo, eat them all nothing happens
>>
>>25564630

Doctors don't like to prescribe controlled substances. It's not going to happen unless you're rushed to the ER in the middle of a nervous breakdown. They'll probably pump you full of Ativan at that point, but I doubt they'll get you started on any long-term regimen of benzos.

The closest thing you may be able to have prescribed is gabapentin, or a similar derivative. Gabapentin is non-addictive, and there's no risk of overdose due to the way it's metabolized. It works similarly to benzos, but the effects are more mild. You'll develop a tolerance to it very quickly, likely within just a few days. At that point, it's no longer useful to you.

There are also anxiolytics such as buspirone. Some people claim buspirone produces a mild calming effect, but the only thing it did was make me constantly dizzy.
>>
I take escitalopram which is an improved version.

The best thing is the decrease in sex deive. Tbh i dont need it right now.

I masturbate once a week now
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.