[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which do you think was worse the Star Wars prequel trilogy or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: safdsf.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
safdsf.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Which do you think was worse the Star Wars prequel trilogy or the Hobbit trilogy?

I love both LOTR and Star Wars, however I felt the Hobbit trilogy was unbearable. I could barely sit through the 1st one and watched part of the battle of the five armies and yet was bored to death by the overly long battle scene. I think that is my biggest problem with the Hobbit, everything is overdone and stretched out and I felt they added too much. Star Wars had more exciting action scenes but that's about its only redeeming feature.
>>
the hobbit trilogy was much better and it's not even close
>>
battle of the 5 armies was atrocious and keeps me from ever wanting to watch the other movies again. At least the first SW prequel is the worst, and somehow that means I might actually watch them again one day.
>>
Both were alright and get unnecessary hate from bandwagoners and pseudo-critics (such as red letter media)
>>
File: 1368808783732.jpg (188KB, 646x1343px) Image search: [Google]
1368808783732.jpg
188KB, 646x1343px
>comparing shit to shit
bruh, I'm sure you can find all kinds of nuances ina pile of shit, but is it worth the time really dawg?
>>
Hobbit trilogy easily worse.

Episode 1 and 2 are kids movies, but at least they add in a few cool new things to the star wars universe. There wasn't anything that bad about 3 really either.
The entire hobbit trilogy has nothing redeemable.
>>
>>25560258
at least star wars didn't destroy a book.
>>
>>25560258
>bored to death by the overly long battle scene

I think perhaps high fantasy is not for you.

I think people complaining about the Hobbit have been spoilt by how good LotR was. Hobbit was solid. Simply getting characterisation and key scenes right is a huge achievement that 90% of other book adaptions fail at.

Maybe it was a little stretched, I guess they tried to make it more of an epic like LotR, but for me I just loved the extra time to spend chilling in middle earth.
>>
>>25562344
characterisation was crap though
bilbo was just fucked, basically rewritten character
thorin was overdone in his greediness
rest of the dwarves were unidentifyable short of the "cute ine"
>>
Hobbit trilogy was way worse imo.
Everything about it rubbed me the wrong way.

It was like a bad childrens cartoon which was seriously dumbed down for children, yet wanted to be taken seriously.

I realize the Hobbit itself is more childish in tone, I loved the book when I was young, this though, ugh, do not like.

Also although the Star Wars prequels weren't good, it was something I could watch multiple times, both to appreciate some of its better points, and as a chronological viewing of all things Star Wars.

The Hobbit. I will never ever suffer myself to watch it again.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.