[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop using opiates?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: percocet.jpg (27KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
percocet.jpg
27KB, 288x216px
How do I stop using opiates?
>>
Switch to barbiturates
>>
You can probably use heroin to wean off
>>
>>25555557
lel why are so many young americans addicted to opiates or using them. i very rarely see opiates around here.
>>
>>25555651
doctors hand them out like candy there
No idea why
>>
File: ___.jpg (24KB, 496x499px) Image search: [Google]
___.jpg
24KB, 496x499px
>>25555557
Methadone and weed, lots of it.
>>
Instead of taking your usual dosage take 3x that. Doing this will get you so high that it will scare you off of it. Trust me I'm a professional.
>>
>>25555616
heroin is a lot cheaper than pills, but it seems like it'd be hard to wean off using it because of how hard it is to accurately dose street heroin anyway

but does weaning off actually work in general?
>>
Ween off with kratom
>>
>>25555829
and destroy your liver in the process
>>
>>25555557
Why would you want to stop?
>>
Don't they have professionals that know how to get this done? Like an Alcoholics Anonymous for narcotics.
>>
>>25555816
it doesn't really, it depends

people might try taper, get down to like 10mg a day which isn't much, but then decide they'll take a 30mg for a day and fall back to taking 40-50mg+ a day

what amount do you take daily (eg. doses and frequency a day) and how long have you been taking it daily?
if you take like 50-80mg of oxycodone a day, taper down to 25mg straight away. you'll probably feel bad but it'll be nothing compared to actual withdrawals, just a bit more strung ouut then usual. once you take that dose for a week, then drop down to 10-15mg for a week or so, then cold turkey.
withdrawals are going to suck either way. i dropped an opium (poppy tea, either way same chemicals) habit three times, first time was from a 1 year long habit, 2nd time was a 2 year long habit, 3rd time was from a 4-5 month or so one.
the 1st time I just downed coffee and stayed up all day playing wow, it was at warlords of dreanor release... so I was 'distracted' form the withdrawals. I quit cold turkey then. it took about 2-3 weeks, by 1st week I couldn't do anythng without aching pain but I just powered through it.
2nd time I quit was longer habit, I tried to taper a couple of times, but like I said before I'd end up doing a higher dose for 1 day then end up not wanting to stop and go back to higher dosing.. in the end I tapered down to a quarter of my usual daily dose, was at that for a week, before that I'd tapered to 1/2 for 2 weeks. then I quit cold turkey...
it was still hell quitting then, even with that small-ish taper. I went through 4 weeks of constant pain, the pain didn't even start till 5 days after not taking a dose. by the 2nd week it was constant pain, worst pain I've experienced and worse then breaking a bone (because it's constant and nothing you do alleviates it).

but you just have to power through it and not fall to thinking 'ill just take some because I can't take this pain anymore'..
>>
>>25555557
any way is going to suck, but it's nice not having an opiate addiction. you'll stop feeling like shit after 2-3 months of no use (assuming you just take pills)
>>
>>25555557
cobain urself, my man
>>
continued >>25556137 (because over 2000)

if you fall to taking a dose, it won't really help withdrawals that much. for me i did that previously and i either just went back to takign them and making the days before hand pointless, or it felt like it just 'extended' the withdrawals, and didn't make it any better (compared to previous time I quit).

the best way I've found is just to drink coffee and play video games or something to distract yourself.
it's hard to eat food and you wont' have much of an appetitie, but go buy fruit and make smoothies (with protein powder too)... eat some other solid food too so you're not just having smoothies only though... the fruit will make you feel better

just take paracetamol/ibuprofen only for pain, don't take any opiates... if you don't care about switching opiates for alcohol (which will probably happen if you do drink), then you can get alcohol and use that instead. that will help getting to sleep and with the pain.. but a lot of people just switch from opiates to alcohol
take baths for pain too, they were one of things which helped a lot

after 2-4 week point it'll get better, so it's just feeling like shit for that time. by 1 month you'll feel more 'normal'. if you have a real bad habit then it'll be longer and more severe. my worse was just not being able to go to sleep, constant intense pain, hot/cold flashes, yawning and my eyes burned from any kind of sunlight, no appetite and some other small things I cant remember.. just like a real bad flu plus feeling like you've been hit with bricks all over
>>
Switch to smoking meth
>>
how do I start using opiates?
>>
>>25555867
That's a meme, son. If you actually check the stunning lack of papers you'd see two politically motivated attempts to imply this, but still zero evidence. Meanwhile opiates will fuck up all yer shit forever. Kratom is amazing for H withdrawal. Discouraging people from using it for that is straight up immoral.
>>
>>25556650
I understand that overdosing and dying from I gearing kratom alone is next to impossible.

Are you sure that kratom ' alleged hepatoxicity is just a meme?
>>
Smoke shit tons of weed. Drinking helps, unlike my advice as far as kicking addiction entirely goes. It's not that bad but life will have lost some luster, that's unavoidable.
>>
File: shell.jpg (3KB, 279x180px) Image search: [Google]
shell.jpg
3KB, 279x180px
>>25555557
Take two of these and call me in the morning.
>>
>>25555651
99% of the world's supply of vicodin is used by America

They handed out painkillers like candy and then cut us off so now we have a bunch of addicts that can't get their pills
>>
Just give me all of your opiates. I'll get rid of them for you.
>>
>>25555799
>using methadone to stop taking anything weaker than heroin
lel
>>
>>25555557
At least opiate/opioid withdrawal won't fucking kill you like benzo withdrawal can. Also, opiate withdrawal is, for the most part, shorter than benzo withdrawal (you could be in withdrawal for years after stopping use).

I've been on a high dose (2mg daily) of clonazepam (aka Klonopin) for almost a year now. I am not looking forward to tapering off this shit at all.
>>
>>25557308
>shorter than benzo withdrawal (you could be in withdrawal for years after stopping use).

you are retarded for believing scaremongering myths spread on places like benzobuddies.
those withdrawals lasting years are all in the head.
>>
>>25556735
you didnt leave your number anon
>>
>>25557308
>2mgs daily
>high dose
Kek. I used to eat like 100 mgs of valium or equivalent in other benzos a day for a year. I went to detox and they brought me down using phenobarbital in only one week. Withdrawal lasted like 2 months with another 3 months of some anxiety. It's really not even that bad dude don't stress it.
>>
I had a $3k/month oxy addiction, was like that for nearly 2 years straight before I finally decided to quit, knowing I would never feel perfect again.

At first, every time I craved too badly at night I would smoke weed to the point where I didn't function. This lasted around a month.

Then, I simply constantly surrounded myself with a person who both knew about my addiction and my inability to truly say no. I gave them permission to do anything in their power to stop be from using.

I had read a book called "subliminal," written by a double Ph.D. in psychology and neuroscience that successfully convinced me that the vast majority of experience is subconscious. This removed the feeling of guilt I had when wanting more.

I had two huge benefits most addicts don't have: a steady $50k/year salaried job and a support system of people (only 3, but that's enough) who wanted me to stop.

It will be 3 years clean for me in June. I still smoke weed occasionally, and I still smoke cigs, but I don't feel the least bit bad about it.

I still think about oxy and the feeling at least once a week. It's getting more spread out every day, but I know deep down one of my goals is to save up enough money so that once I'm retired I can just be high until I die. But, I've promised myself I can't go back until two things happen:

a) I'm retired
b) There aren't any people I'm negatively influencing

Just my experience and opinions! There are other ways to quit and other ways of thinking, but being 100% with myself and others was the best thing I did.
>>
>>25556000

AA and similar programs actually have one of the lowest effectiveness rates out of any available methods -- mainly because they think abstinence and going cold turkey is best. It's not, and that's a scientific fast these pseudo religious groups refuse to accept.
>>
>>25555557
Cold turkey. You won't die. It will be over in 5 to 7 days tops with easing on the 4th day. Don't be a bitch it ain't that hard.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.