[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>graduate highschool with no intention of furthering my education

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2666.jpg (103KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2666.jpg
103KB, 600x800px
>graduate highschool with no intention of furthering my education
>work backbreaking wagecuck job since then
>3 years of real life has changed my mind

How should I start prepping myself for academia? Any websites or books that you'd recommend to prep myself? granted I'm going the 2 year CC 2 year uni route, I haven't read or exercisedmy brain high school
>>
>>25553232
fun fact: that meme about how it's not what you know its who you know is actually true. Higher education isn't actually about acquiring knowledge in most fields, it's about being a normie and meeting other normies who can say to someone in HR "Hey, about that open position, I know this guy Bob who'd be great for it..."

I found it distasteful and disgusting and didn't do it and now I have a four-year degree and no job. If you too just want to study hard, get good grades, learn things, and then get a job related to what you learned, I advise you do disabuse yourself of that illusion right now.
>>
>>25553351
I've read that same advice a lot on this board. It must suck to have done all that work only to be denied because you didn't get lunch with some normiefags. Is there any way to make yourself marketable without developing fake connections?
>>
>>25553232
Not really. You stand a chance if you go to a bunch of job fairs and do internships around sophomore year or so, but even then, a.) they're picky about who they take, even for an internship, and b.) you need to do the "networking" bullshit since many if not most jobs aren't even advertised, they just find someone someone knows, and those that are will call up your references and ask "so what kind of a guy is he?". if you can't make normies gush about what a great person you are, you'll have a hard uphill battle.
>>
should I post this on lit?
>>
File: 1451958998517.jpg (87KB, 672x807px) Image search: [Google]
1451958998517.jpg
87KB, 672x807px
I'm kinda in the same position as you op, been working for 3.5 years part time, like 3-4 days a week and the rest I isolate myself in my room with zero motivation and I really want to go to uni but every time it comes up I get anxiety kicks in and I start thinking about how I will fuck up by being to retarded and fail every paper I have to do. And ofc the I-don't-know-what-to-study meme
>>
>>25553426
yea, develop real connections :^)
>>
>>25554123
I feel like we should at least give it a year. If we feel like we won't make it, we won't loose much.
>>
>>25553232
start studying in khanacademy depending on the subject you are taking
>>
>>25553351

Yep, this. People who find even just a few friends in school have wonders done to their lives overall, usually because they are great references for jobs. Also, the ones who suck up to instructors/professors usually get by easier too. It sucks, but being the smartest doesn't cut it by itself anymore.
>>
>>25554208
right on thanks
>>
>>25553426
science,math
(engineering)
just things that you don't need to talk to others that you can do great in
>>
>>25554208
THIS
listen to this guy, this will help you A LOT
>>
>>25554201
Yeah I know, but I never manage to overcome my fear of failing, damn doorstep mile.. But what the hell, we live only once and we're not even guaranteed to grow old so what do we have to loose.
>>
>>25553232

I hate this Syrian and her disgusting mushy ass. It's not even a good ass. It looks like a pack of playdoh and lard
>>
>>25554768
Can you post the name?
for of course the others that would like to know
(sorry for asking rev search isn't giving much info)
>>
File: 1451624102894.jpg (33KB, 500x654px) Image search: [Google]
1451624102894.jpg
33KB, 500x654px
>>25553351

can also confirm.

Even as I work a wagecuck job myself, I see that jobs I apply for are often filled by the son, nephew, friend of a friend, or son of a friend of management. It's truly disgusting, and as an aspy introvert I simply don't have the skills to be a part of this. Maybe I'll have to try and start a business or something...
>>
Bombed my first semester of cc and made me legitimately depressed for the first time since middle school. Pretty much failed every social interaction I had and started skipping classes due to anxiety. Should I even give it another semester? I really just want to work as a night shift guard or something while I develop my programming skills on the side.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.