[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the reddit boogeyman real or is it blown out of proportion.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1442072548904.jpg (5KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1442072548904.jpg
5KB, 192x192px
Is the reddit boogeyman real or is it blown out of proportion.
>inb4 OP is from reddit

I dislike Reddit's cheesy humor and awkward layout. On a side note I did a "what other boards you visit" on /b/ .It's what I thought alot of redditors would visit and it is most people's first board on 4chan. Most of replies said /v/ and /vg/. Some said /r9k/ and some said /pol/. A couple even said that they only browse /b/. I was expecting worse for /r9k/ but the thread got pruned when it hit 30 replies for some reason.
>>
>>25550065
Reddit isn't even that bad family. Its a meme
>>
>>25550065
it's mostly blown out of proportion
>>
My first board was /x/. I still get on there frequently.
>>
>>25550097
The whole upvote downvote system is really a turn off, moves all the stupid trendy meme bullshit to the center of attention while discouraging good posts and encouraging upvote whore posts
>>
It's most definitely real. Look at the jewtube thread where redditors are currently congregating to discuss their favorite online normalfags.
>>
>>25550065
Reddit is mostly used as a tactic for spreading propaganda. They're the opposition to 4chan's group. Anytime you want to discredit what someone is saying, all you need to do is accuse them of being a traitor and in line with the enemy.

It basically goes like this:
>shill: here's some propaganda I want you to swallow
>rational person: well you see, neither facts nor logic support your narrative
>shill: OMG go back to reddit you JIDF SJW roastie slut
>>
Reddits only purpose is

>hmmm I am interested in x aspect of x
>search reddit for x + x
>already a thread and a discussion made for it providing all the information you need
>>
File: 1450236618158.jpg (105KB, 452x818px) Image search: [Google]
1450236618158.jpg
105KB, 452x818px
>>25550065
Hate me all you want robots but I've browsed both for years. Reddit circlejerk and whoring for useless points really fuels my rage, you can't get through a single comment section without seeing
>pun thread
>hurr durr reddit metajoke
>circlejerk
>psuedo-intellectual I dontknowanythingbutpretendido
>people raging about reposting

It's a sure fire recipe. And it gets stale af.

4chan on the other hand is a bit more chaotic, it has a lot of shitposting and bait for newfags but people generally don't give a fuck how they're received so you can get some real decent discussion without all the pussyfooting, even if half of them devolve into bravado, insults and derailing but that's just become part of the Internet tbqh.

2 sides of a coin imo, I enjoy browsing both especially after you've customised your subreddits.
>>
>>25550379
This. Reddit propaganda is massive and many people don't even notice it because of how they're constructed. There are hundreds of high karma accounts that just shill all day.
Mob mentality is prevalent on both sites though maybe more so on leddit simply because of post history.
>>
>>25550836
can i see some source please on the shills please. This is really interesting.
>>
>>25551473
Sorry anon I really cba going through top or new right now but here's a good place to start:
>> www.reddit.com/r/hailcorporate
>>
>>25550065
Not surprised about /v/. Its pretty much ruined over there
>>
>>25550065
It's real, but it's definitely blown out of proportion. I feel like complaining about that kind of shit only makes the situation everyone is dealing with worse. It isn't some new phenomenon though, shit like that has been occurring for years (gaia, newgrounds, ebaums, etc.)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.