[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in grad school at a top 3 worldwide school in a stem

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 3j.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
3j.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
I'm in grad school at a top 3 worldwide school in a stem field, 6'5, in good shape, come from a well off family, can socialize well among others and people like me alright

but I was raped a lot when I was little and any time some kind of romantic or intimate situation happens my skin starts to crawl and I feel disgusted and scared

I notice girls looking at me but I pretend I don't see them and run away looking at the ground, I'm constantly nervous around them and can't stop swallowing

there was a girl in the library today who was playing with her hair and she kept looking at me, I just tried to pretend like I was working hard and didn't see her

when I packed up to leave she looked over and started packing up too, so I nervously packed up even quicker and tried to get out before she finished

she quickly walked over and caught up with me and started to say something but when she did I lost it and started actually running away from her at a sprint

got home and I'm realizing its never going to happen, I'm realizing I'm fundamentally broken and will never have any close relationship for the rest of my life, its not even like I could get lucky and meet somebody because the problem is me and its only getting worse
>>
OP, admitting your issue is a HUGE step. Denial will always hold you back, and that's what you're doing now. You're in denial about the fact that despite your past it is just that, the past. I'm not trying to marginalize what you went through cuz I imagine it was tragic, but if you identify and reinforce the idea that you are a victim and will never get better then that's a self fulfilling proohecy.

Countless people get dragged through shit in their early lives. Some of them take those experiences as just that, experienced they went through, and move on. This is obviously easier said than done, but it can be done if you want it bad enough and are willing to put in the effort. The key is to understand that YOU ARE NOT THAT PERSON ANYMORE. I'm using caps for emphasis, not anger here.

Our lives are only in this current moment. Past and future exist only in your mind. The past doesn't have to own you if you don't want it to.

It will take training and discipline to get over the physical manifestations, and those may never fully go away. But they can be managed.

I suggest psychiatric help for medications for anxiety, meditation, and practicing self inquiry.
>>
>>25547336
I recommend standing your man and get over this shit. Here are many people who doesn't have opportunities like you, so take them for the love of God.
>>
>>25547336
>I was raped a lot when I was little

Don't rub our faces in it, you vile non-virgin. I'd rather be a rape victim than an adult male virgin - at least you've had sex.
>>
Well what do you want? A fix or solution to the problem, or just to vent?
>>
>>25547686
Fuck off, Eeyore. Fucking trip-niggers . . .
>>
>>25547336
Maybe you should try and go for an asexual relationship.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 400x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 400x449px
>>25547336
Why do i know these feels all too well

I dont remember being molested but i have had dreams similar and i am scared of intamicy and deep connections.

I feel just being in the same room as a female makes me want to crawl out of my skin and run

Oh and my mom was very abusive to me so thats probably why
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.