[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize you will always be the way you are and nothing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1451609404004.jpg (269KB, 729x912px) Image search: [Google]
1451609404004.jpg
269KB, 729x912px
When did you realize you will always be the way you are and nothing you do can change your personality anymore?

Thread not apply to anyone under 25.
>>
File: ainsley 5.jpg (63KB, 411x593px) Image search: [Google]
ainsley 5.jpg
63KB, 411x593px
>>25545301
>personality
Known for since I was 17
I've cared a little less every year since then.
I realized normies only care about outside appearance and I look pretty good desu so it doesn't matter.
>>
I'm 26 and I still experience change every year. I am well aware that it'll slow down very soon though.
I'd totally be okay with remaining the way I am now.
I don't have many friends, but people don't really pick on me either. Being invisible is comfy in a way.
>>
it's not about personality

but yeah i realized at 17 as well, can't believe that was already 8 years ago
>>
My personality is always in flux though, I've never had a solid identity. Change is the only constant in my personality. It's a symptom of borderline personality disorder.

But yes I realize that my constant changing will never stop because it's who I am.
>>
File: 1447103786424.jpg (39KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1447103786424.jpg
39KB, 340x340px
At 20-21
I realized that the world is not the problem but I am
I realized I am egocentric asshole and I dont want friends/gf
(I still have few old buddies from hs and uni but I see only once every few weeks only to drink)
I realized that I am not happy in company of others
and even tho I am depressed It still seems to be better option
I know that getting a gf won't magically fix me
I even tried going to shrink
she was actually pretty nice but said she can't help me if i don't want to change, so I passed

I am 24 and a half
>>
I'm 28.

Somewhere in between getting a humanities degree at age 22, failing to find a better job than teaching english at age 25, and barely getting into grad school for another idiotic humanities MA at age 27.

My talents are largely non-monetizable; I'm not a chad; im emotionally weak; I'm going to be less successful than my physician father and my lawyer relatives. These are things I am coming to finally accept. Not accepting my own mediocrity was driving me insane anyway. So actually I feel better now.
>>
>>25545301
source on that trouser arouser pls?
>>
don't get me wrong, it's been a gas and all, this being a spergy asshole loser, but uhhh

how do I move on from this/???????????
>>
>>25545301
>personality
fuck off scum, you can change yourself even at 50 years old, but looks you can't change, ever, and that's all that matters because to others, looks = personality
>>
>>25547666

That feel.

i'm 28 and feel like i'm stuck like this forever.
>>
>>25548315
jeezis man
I'm 20 and it's getting real fucking old
>>
I can't be happy and enjoy stuff no matter what I do. I'm just fucked up in the brain or something.

I'm avoidant as fuck, cynical, depressed, negative as fuck. Afraid of rejection like hell.
>>
>27 in two weeks

Realising that you're the problem and the reason you'll never be truly content is rough shit. I've known for sure for about a year and a half now, before that I was still hopeful, but now I just don't bother. Having mental issues really does concrete it in.
>>
18 years old... but really even younger.

My only fantasy is to get rich and pay cuties to hang out with me. But that might make me feel worse instead of better.
>>
About now, im about to turn 25. Ive accepted that i cannot function without medication, i throw up and cry from anxiety, panic so much i have trouble breathing, eating, talking and performing basic tasks ive always been this way, im lucky that i found an ssri that works for me, i can almost function with it.
>>
>>25545301
I'm 21 but I know that I won't be any different when I'm 25. I'm extremely shy and will never improve. I've been in individual and group therapy about it, but have only made marginal improvements. No girl will ever like me.
>>
>>25545301
My personality is OK and even if I had an awesome personality it still wouldn't change my piece of shit face.
>>
>>25550370
are you at least attractive? I've seen sereval shy boys and girls dating because they looked good.
>>
>>25550603
I think I'm average looking. One time I posted pics online and got anywhere from "average" to "8/10." I'm so awkward and avoidant that I'll never have an opportunity to meet a girl though. I doubt any girl would put up with my quirks.
>>
i agree you don't radically change, but you can still change. im 30 now and was an alcoholic. is was depressed about not achieving anything, wasting my time in college studying something stupid, not getting anywhere, being ugly. now something in me has turned. i dont care as much about all that shit and i dont want to drink anymore. im content just watching movies/anime/tv and playing video games. i just got fired from my job and am going to live on one of my parents rental properties in the armpit of california. i have accepted i am a loser. i plan on going hikikomori basically.
>>
That girl is really beautiful, her necklace looks great on that shot.
>>
This year just started and I got invited to a frat party today.
I'm talking to a cute girl right now and things are looking pretty good.
You can still make things better.
>>
>>25550837
How would you rate yourself in the looks department?
>>
>>25550861
Maybe slightly above average.
>>
>>25545301
I realized im a lazy shit whos damned to be a failure when I failed at university.

I have no motivation. this never changed throughout my life.

In school I was able to get shit done without learning because it wasnt that hard. In university you have to learn and write alot. this was too much for me. I gave up

there is no solution to this except becoming a neet for the rest of my life.

thats the lazy part about myself, of course im also socially akward and will never approuch a girl, get a gf etc. which girl wants a jobless loser anyway??

i kinda gave up on this shit called life
>>
>>25545301
I don't even know if I have a personality, or what it is if it even exists. I'm not very self-aware.

How can you tell what your personality is? What are the options?
>>
Is this the truth or a limiting belief? How to know?
>>
>>25550939
Extremely similar situation here.

I'm not trying to shift the blame because I'm responsible for my own actions now, but in my life, my pattern started to emerge in my teenage years where I had non existent support from my parents in school.

Really not sure I want to make it past 30 and that's coming up in 3 years.
>>
>>25551186
my parents did always support me and they still do. it hurts to see that they are wasting their time on his failure of a son. I cant just tell them that im going to quit everything
>>
File: almondsunactivated.jpg (31KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
almondsunactivated.jpg
31KB, 426x341px
>>25545301
>Thread not apply to anyone under 25.
I'm actually really relieved to hear this
I can't put up with being this apathetic forever
>>
>>25551021

This is the eternal robot question. Should you give up or try once more when you might just be broken down once again for nothing. Is the end even worth it? That eternal burning feel.
>>
>>25548060
>you can change yourself
No you can't. If it was so easy, we all would have done it.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.