[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/read9k/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

What is good reading material for robots? What is your favourite book? Starting with classic robot literature.
>>
Have you ever heard of the literary genius Aryn Rand? She made the masterpiece "Atlas Shrugged" every intellectual has read it :)
>>
>>25530355
and every pseudo-intellectual redditor memes about it before going back to discussing how their personal morality is totally objective and correct. so you'll fit in great here op!
>>
File: dead reading a book.jpg (10KB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
dead reading a book.jpg
10KB, 352x288px
Catcher in the Rye is at the top of classic robot literature list. I haven't found another book that quite expresses robot angst as well as it does.

I'm so sick of reading about normies with normie mindsets. Where are all the ugly people?
>>
File: Lanark.jpg (26KB, 220x323px) Image search: [Google]
Lanark.jpg
26KB, 220x323px
Alasdair Gray's 'Lanark' is some criminally overlooked /robotcore.
>>
>>25530544
Sounds interesting. Should I read it in the original order or can I read "book one" first?
>>
>tfw too stupid for the /lit/ starter kit
How do you build the required comprehensive skill to read and enjoy literature?
>>
>>25530504
holden was 100% normalfag
>>
>>25531979
>too stupid for the /lit/ starter kit

Chances are that you just don't like the kind of pretentious, pompous normie literature i/lit/erates/ always wank about because they're too dumb and cowardly to have a taste or think for themselves.
>>
File: birthoftheprison.jpg (58KB, 342x549px) Image search: [Google]
birthoftheprison.jpg
58KB, 342x549px
>>25532069
hello /sci/, also this.
>>
File: 1448839494126.jpg (28KB, 282x362px) Image search: [Google]
1448839494126.jpg
28KB, 282x362px
>>25530544
>>25531617

wew lad

Gray said in an interview somewhere that 'Lanark' was meant to be read in one order and understood in another.

It's hard to explain without possible spoilers, but the book is absolutely, 100% meant to be read cover to cover as it's printed. Certain cues (again, hard to explain without possible spoilers) prompt rereading/back-checking, and details fill themselves in as the book goes along. It's especially cool to go back over the illustrations once you've finished; the details all make sense.

Of all the books I read in 2015, 'Lanark' is my favourite by far. When it comes to being a virginal autist/outcas/tNEET/dropout, few authors 'get it' the way Gray does. Thaw's story is almost straight autobiography/self-insert, and some of it hits way too close to home.

tl;dr read it and read it in the order it's printed. It's good shit.
>>
>>25530099

My guilty pleasures are reading books about low-class trash since I identify as a piece of shit as well. Just finished Factotum by Bukowski last week. It's basically him living a transient life as an alcoholic, not being able to hold a job for more than a few weeks, and fucking skanks. Really enjoyed it.
>>
File: confessions-of-a-mask.gif (14KB, 180x272px) Image search: [Google]
confessions-of-a-mask.gif
14KB, 180x272px
>>25530099
also sun and steel.
>>
>>25532203
>All that bodybuilding and homoerotica

OP said robot literature, not /fit/ literature
>>
File: 1449356032720.jpg (56KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
1449356032720.jpg
56KB, 615x409px
>>25530099
Anything Robert E Howard
Anything Patrick O Brian
Anything Umberto Eco
George rr martin and Jrr Tolkien are quite good.
Anything frank herbert
Anything Issac Asimov
Anything Homer
And much more

And fuck your pretentious books. If you dont enjy it, dont read it. If you dnt like it, dont read it. I enjoyed Aristotle, up until he starting rattling n abut forms for 500 pages. So I stopped reading and picked up some enjoyable fiction.
The republic was 100% good though, and I try to follow meditations as much as I can.
Reading is about stepping into another world and getting immersed in it. Not showing off your amazing skills at bring yourself to your latte and scarf club
>>
>>25532424
And If you have not noticed, my keyboard is fucked.
That last bring was boring
>>
>>25532424
You're just listing authors, nothing about them is related to robot culture.

Anyway, I recommend Notes From the Underground.
>>
Pleasant Hell by John Dolan he was one of us at Berkley During the summer of love and can't teach in any opec country, canada, new zeland, iraq, and russia because he spagettis everywhere
>>
>>25530419
Reddits the opposite of Ayn Rand retard. Expand your knowledge a little more by reading new books , rather than calling stuff you don't believe in "a reddit meme"
>>
>>25530099
Op Bertrand Russell is the shit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.