[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to give school/work/career advice to anyone who wants

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault (2).jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
9KB, 480x360px
Looking to give school/work/career advice to anyone who wants it. I think I've got things pretty figured out, so I'd like to help people find direction.
>>
G-guys? Anyone?
>>
Right so I just graduated with a shitty IT degree from a school that taught me literally nothing practical the entire time.
All jobs that I apply to want me to know all this shit that I should have learned but obviously didn't.
I'm pretty much underqualified for everything and have no future prospects.

Probably going to kill myself if I can't find anything.
I'd rather be homeless than work a wageslave customer-facing job, and I'd rather kill myself than be homeless.
>>
>>25530549
Just make it up as you go. Nobody is as qualified in IT as they say they are. I promise you that.
>>
I have been told that accounting is one of the safer things to do for careers. Is this true? I am not asking if it is a guaranteed job, but is it worth risking my time in school for?
>>
>>25530583
My biggest nightmare is getting a job and then having them ask me to do something that they assume I can do, but can't.
>>
>>25530594
this
damn robot oc
>>
>>25530046
What are your qualifications?
>>
>>25530583

Fucking this. The IT guy at the school I went to in Uni was a quack, but nobody gave a shit.
>>
>>25530046
Just turned 18
what steps can i take now to be Chad in college
>>
>>25530046
What are some good low wage jobs suitable for robots? As in, not a cashier or restaurant waiter
>>
>>25530691
Step 1 leave this board but we all know you're stuck here with us>>25530691
>>
I have just graduated with a Bachelor of Business (Management) and Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology).

I have been applying for jobs for the past 3 months including: human resources, recruitment consultant, any business trainee position, any business graduate position. I am lucky to ever hear feedback, and the one interview i did get i didnt get the job because i wasnt enthusiastic enough (despite in a group interview with 10 others, i was one of the only 3 people that actually spoke/contributed)

do i just give up and go back to the pleb retail life?? ausfag here btw
>>
>>25530691
>make friends
>go to parties (where you know at least 3 people)
>get /fit/
>get normie hobbies
>>
>>25530705
Lifeguard. You spend all day not talking to people people and seeing girls in bikinis.
>>
>>25530734
>This desu
To get into most parties you have to be in a frat or know someone in a frat really well. Try to join one with connections to sororities or it'll be a sausage fest. Every school has the autism frat.
>>
>>25530715
You gotta think what jobs you're looking for, then keep applying. It's a tough economy. You just need persistence. Once you get that first job, you'll have experience for the next.
>>
>>25530594
where is op
>>
>>25530795
Yeah well I started just applying for Human Resources and Recruitment jobs, however I hardly ever even get feedback, I know what jobs I'm looking for. Do I just keep trying and be poor and mooch off my poor old grandparents who i am staying with?
>>
>>25530594
If you specifically want a safe job where you come in, do your job and leave while making bemjamins, accounting is a good choice.
>>
I've never had a job any tips on where to apply?
>I'm 22
>>
>>25530873

Sweet

brb, getting certified now.
>>
>>25530853
Yep. Your first job will always be the hardest to get.
>>
>>25530874
Jobs that hire teenagers. Retail, busboys, fast food, clique stores.
>>
I'm a University graduate who works minimum wage in a bar to support my own artistic projects. I've been offered a place on a masters program with a fairly well respected arts program (without funding, not a real concern given current earnings & savings) which would obviously focus more on academic work but would put me in a good position to move into a more viable carer path selling other peoples art.
So, take the safe money or pursue the dream?
>>
>>25530783
Honestly, at my school there are no fraternities. There's just Chads that hang out. They just do what everyone else is doing, and it just so happens everyone is already doing what they're doing.
>>
>>25531041
It honestly depends how dedicated you are to "the dream." If you're willing to give up everything to chase it, go for the risk! If not, that's definitely OK too. You can always be happy now and wait for the next opportunity that comes up.
>>
>>25530874
If you haven't got a job in 2 weeks walk into a bar, ask to speak to a manager or a supervisor, bring a CV, tell them you want a job, that you're willing start from the bottom as a bar back or a kitchen porter and that you're willing to work a trial shift to prove yourself if needed. No point doing it during the deadest week of the year though.

Shit is the easiest job in the world, you mop up, clean glasses and restock the bar. You're not expected to talk to customers and when you're ready they'll train you on the bar. Also, your city should have a hospitality exchange on facebook where people post jobs all the time. These are a gift, none of the online tests. Just a good cover letter needed.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.