[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I remember when liking comic books and anime and star treks and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12

File: ComicBookGuy11.gif (16KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
ComicBookGuy11.gif
16KB, 500x412px
I remember when liking comic books and anime and star treks and star wars and shit got you ostracized and beat up and fucking condemned to wizardry

what the fuck happened
>>
Follow the money. It smells like cocaine.
>>
Normies didn't take your MTG or D&D. Those things will still guarantee your virginity.
>>
File: bernanke.jpg (197KB, 2200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
bernanke.jpg
197KB, 2200x1650px
>>25526238
the same thing that happens to any counter-culture in a capitalist society; it got monetized.
>>
File: 1440300128039.png (937KB, 904x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440300128039.png
937KB, 904x720px
The Big Bang Theory happened. Then watching nerds became "cool". then everyone wanted to pretend to be nerds.
>>
>>25526399

What's the next alternative though? I don't want to be a hipster, I just want the normies to leave me alone.
>>
>>25526472
NEETs are next
>>
>>25526238
In the early 2000s video games became better and all the more addictive. That and the Internet exploded.
>>
>>25526238
Domestication and infatilization of the West for fun and profit.
>>25526517
This is correct.
>>
the jews convinced women to enjoy those things to increase profits

no, really, women buy more tickets for marvel movies than men, it's disturbing tBh
>>
>be fat weeaboo neckbeard
>into fat girls
>most of the bandwagoning nurrd grrrls are fat and delicious
>tfw the mainstreaming of nerd shit has made getting laid and having meaningful relationships where we share hobbies a reality

Shit has been a goddamn blessing for me
>>
Liking anime still gets you beaten up.
>>
File: 1451178487241.jpg (25KB, 665x385px) Image search: [Google]
1451178487241.jpg
25KB, 665x385px
>>25526723
not for long. you cant go anywhere on the internet without seeing a weeb avatar, and gays/trannies love the shit now thanks to 4chan.

in highschool you always had the plebs who watched dubbed garbage like Bleach, Attack On Titan, Death Note, Highschool Of The Dead etc etc and not it's only going to get worse with /a/ spreading to tumblr and all the anime crossposting on /v/ and shit and bullshit like huniepop.

Then you have retarded memes catching on like "Notice me senpai ugguuu" and stupid shit like that.

People who pretend anime is safe are fucking kidding themselves big fucking time.
>>
>>25526823
the internet is not real life retard

anime still gets you beaten up unless it's tier 1 normie shit like DBZ, attack on titan, or one punch meme
>>
>>25526842
>the internet is not real life
in 2009 I never thought classic memes and shit like "troll" and "u mad bro" and "come at me bro" and "rage comics" and a whole bunch of shit we consider kitsch and played out today would ever become mainstream like they did, and guess fucking what? They did.

It's going to fucking happen. I'm not gonna say you'll see normies walking down the street with JOJO graphic t shirts or posting nichijou memes on facebook, I'm saying that anime will be sucked into the now "alternative" geek culture just like comic books, scifi and video games.

It's gonna fucking happen. It's going to fucking happen...
>>
>>25526823
>>25526941
Anime is already mainstream and has been since the boom in the early 2000s. It's actually dialed back quite a bit since then, you don't see as much of it as you used to compared to 10 years ago. Flavor of the season stuff like attack on titan or death note will always be big, but weird niche stuff like kaiba or symphogear will never get mainstream attention. Of course, in the eyes of the average normie, there's no distinction. Sort of like how being into comics, people automatically assume that means cape stuff. Or being into sci-fi means you're a star wars fan. The point is, normies only scratch the surface of these geek hobbies. Anime isn't about to get any bigger than it is, I highly doubt we're due for a second boom.
>>
>>25527684
I never considered toonami/adult swim shit "anime".

I'm talking pink haired 12 year old looking anime sluts is becoming popular, being a weeaboo is "ironic" and moeshit isn't neckbeard territory anymore
>>
>>25527873
>I never considered toonami/adult swim shit "anime"

That's like saying game of thrones isn't fantasy. Just because it's popular that doesn't elevate to some status outside of what it actually is.
>>
>>25528035
If more people in the country watch the dubs than the subs then it's not anime sorry.
>>
>>25526365
>Normies didn't take your MTG or D&D. Those things will still guarantee your virginity.

This.

I like to use MTG and D&D as a filter.
>>
>>25527873
>Fooly Cooly
>Casshern Sins
>Cowboy Bebop
>Trigun
>Neon Genesis Evangelion
>Ghost In The Shell
>Paranoia Agent

>Shit "Anime"

okay.
>>
>>25528097
I wanted to get into MTG but I heard it's a money game, and the people who play MTG don't look any less normie than people who play YuGiOh or play fighting games, and those people are basically just dumb ugly normies.

>>25528136
it's not 1999 anymore dude
also see >>25528063
>>
>>25528179
>Watching all those animes Subs

So how is it not Anime again? Do you know the definition or should I google it for you?

Also MTG has turned into a money game full of back-doors, poison counters, and other stupid shit. It has died over the years thanks to Wizards of the Coast.

>It's not Anime because it's dubbed

>Watch the exact same Anime with sub instead
>It's suddenly Anime

get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>25528214
>>So how is it not Anime again? Do you know the definition or should I google it for you?
Don't be a sperglord dude. You know what I'm talking about.

>It's not Anime because it's dubbed

>Watch the exact same Anime with sub instead
>It's suddenly Anime
>get the fuck outta here.

You seriously don't get it? If it's dubbed it's just a cartoon. I don't know how I can explain it but I'm guessing you're just angry cause you watch dubs.
>>
>>25528287
>If it's dubbed it's just a cartoon
please be bait
>>
>>25528379
If you're gonna pull out a stock insult this early I'm going to assume you're the one fucking with me.
>>
>>25528287
>You seriously don't get it? If it's dubbed it's just a cartoon. I don't know how I can explain it but I'm guessing you're just angry cause you watch dubs.

I literally just said I watch subbed, and I've spent my offtime learning kana and kanji, as well as particle sentence structure for Japanese.

That being said, it's Anime, dubbed or not. The art style defines the genre.

A Hanna Barbara cartoon is a Hanna Barbara cartoon because of it's art style

an Anime is an Anime because of it's art style.

Triggered my autism hard as fuck.
>>
>>25528397
I'm not the person you replied to you mong

Also
>If it's dubbed it's just a cartoon
what the fuck does that mean? It's just more accessible for normies then. It's still anime because the series itself is produced in japan.
>>
>>25528418
>>25528473
Come on guys stop playing around. Don't tell me growing up watching Yu-Gi-Oh or Dragon Ball Z was "anime".

It's totally not. see >>25528063

If the dub is more popular than the sub, it's not anime. You guys are just sperging out over specifics aren't able to understand connotation/denotation because you're either asperger or just plain dumb.
>>
>>25528527
>Don't tell me growing up watching Yu-Gi-Oh or Dragon Ball Z was "anime".
it is though, your "argument" makes no fucking sense whatsover
>>
>>25528578
I explained it already if you would read the whole post.
>>
>>25528605
you explained that you're retarded
>>
>>25528622
You're the aspie fuckup that can't decipher connotation and denotation you mega nigger
>>
>>25528527
>Come on guys stop playing around. Don't tell me growing up watching Yu-Gi-Oh or Dragon Ball Z was "anime".

please see
>>25528136

You're basically admitting that some of the best anime on planet earth is not Anime.

Neon Genesis: Evangelion? Ghost In the Shell?

Really? Not Anime?

F u c k
o f f
>>
File: file.png (16KB, 610x138px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
16KB, 610x138px
>>25528640
Even wikipedia says that you're retarded
>>
File: santa.jpg (53KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
santa.jpg
53KB, 620x387px
>>25528721
>>25528749
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR PEOPLE TO BE THIS FUCKING DULL

DENOTATIVE ANIME IS JAPANESE CARTOONS

CONNOTATIVE ANIME IS SUBBED ANIME NOT FUCKING DUBBED

HOW IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND IVE ALREADY EXPLAINED 3 TIMES.

genuinely raised my blood pressure. No wonder no one fucking likes aspies.
>>
>>25528814
both dub and sub are anime though

you're still retarded
>>
>>25526434
This by far.

I seriously want to fucking strangle anyone who compares me to Sheldon or asks me if I watch that awful fucking show.
>>
>>25528843
>denotatively

common asperger trait is to be obsessed with specifics, guess what you' have aspergers.

That's like calling a minivan and a mclaren F1 "cars". They're "cars" but the McLaren F1 is a CAR and the minivan is a people carrier.

Dude you're fucking hopeless and you'll never understand.
>>
>>25526238

>he actually believes that comics, cartoons, star wars and star trek aren't normie as fuck mainstream interests.

You're either an idiot or an entry level cunt - either way, get fucked
>>
>>25528958
I think you're the idiot here because you can't even read properly bro...
>>
>>25526365
>Normies didn't take your MTG
MTG is pretty popular where I live, I find it kind of weird but the only other thing people do around here is sell cocaine so whatever
>>
>>25528898
>anon in charge of metaphors
It doesn't matter how you call dubbed anime, they're still anime. Anime is defined by its art style and if it was created in japan (created, not dubbed), not by its language.
>>
>>25529026
And a car is a piece of shit with 4 wheels and an engine that transports people down the fucking road.

You're fucking %100 useless because you're completely unwilling to even try to understand. I'm done.
>>
>>25528981

I think you're a normie cunt because pretty much all of those things are mainstream as fuck
>>
File: 1442883450861.png (968KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442883450861.png
968KB, 1280x720px
>>25529078
We are talking about anime, not cars. Does pic related look like an anime to you? Japanese cartoon is just another word for anime, it's not actually a cartoon.
>>
>>25529090
>I remember when liking comic books and anime and star treks and star wars and shit got you ostracized and beat up and fucking condemned to wizardry

I REMEMBER WHEN

AS IN I AM HARKENING TO A PAST TIME

>what the fuck happened

I AM APPALLED AND CONFUSED AT THE SUDDEN SOCIAL SHIFT

---

YOU CAN'T FUCKING READ, YOU'RE A FUCKING BRAINDEAD FUCKING IDIOT JUST LIKE>>25529026

Seriously I'm fucking done! I'm so done! It's like arguing with fucking children!!!
>>
STAR WARS WAS ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR THINGS EVER LITERALLY EVERYONE SAW IT NO ONE WAS EVER BEATEN UP FOR SEEING ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL MOVIE SERIES OF ALL TIMES!

COMIC BOOKS ARE ARGUABLY AT ONE OF THEIR LOWEST POINTS OF POPULARLY OF ALL TIMES AND THEY ARE STILL WIDELY ACCEPTED AS A NORMIE HOBBY! NO ONE HAS BEEN OSTRACIZED FOR ENJOYING COMIC BOOKS!

IF PEOPLE BULLIED YOU IT LIKELY HAS A FUCKING LOT MORE TO DUE WITH THE FACT YOU ARE A WEIRD AUTISTIC SHIT THAN WHAT YOU WATCH OR READ!
>>
>>25529135
it looks like fucking tumblr garbage to me.
>>
>>25529159
because it isn't anime

meanwhile Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dragonball Z, Cowboy Bebop etc. are anime
>>
File: 1446448103866.png (499KB, 594x532px) Image search: [Google]
1446448103866.png
499KB, 594x532px
>>25529135
>we're talking about anime not cars
How about a FUCK YOU. I'm making a comparison and attempting to contrast metaphors, connotations and denotations but you're such a brain dead piece of shit all you have to say is "lol itz still anime XDDD"

With your logic, Teen Titans and Boondocks are anime- guess what they're fucking not retard! You cannot fucking understand because you're fucking retarded. I've tried spoonfeeding you this shit and trying to hold your little faggot hand and you still don't fucking get it.

You're a fucking idiot! And I'm done! You a fucking faggot piece of shit and a total waste of my time. Reply to me, and I won't reply. Try and get the last word in like a shiteating little autistic faggot- I don't care! I'm not fucking replying.

>>25529206
sailor moon, attack on titan etc are tumblr garbage though so fuck your pathetic fucking retard logic.
>>
>>25529274
>With your logic, Teen Titans and Boondocks are anime
No? Look at the picture from wikipedia I posted earlier:

"Anime is Japanese hand-drawn or computer animation."

Teen Titans and Boondocks, especially Boondocks are influenced by anime but aren't anime itself. Anime is JAPANESE animation.
>>
>>25529141

You insufferable, stupid, worthless cunt.

The point you are too much of a complete moron to get is those things have ALWAYS been mainstream.

You're a clueless normie cunt. Die
>>
File: 144438062730.jpg (37KB, 474x960px) Image search: [Google]
144438062730.jpg
37KB, 474x960px
>>25529360
I understand what you're saying, but you're still wrong. For some reason you think the internet has existed forever and think that classic geeks did other things.
>>
File: samHyde.jpg (229KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
samHyde.jpg
229KB, 960x960px
>>25529274
sam hyde. He's just like us
>>
>>25526238
>liking cape shit, star bores, and moe shit in the first place

kill self
>>
>>25529410

I grew up in the 80's, Star Wars was normie as fuck, Star Trek was the capeshit of the time, and comics were hugely popular, as was the original Manga released in the later part of the decade.

You are a fucking idiot. You are entry level. You are a fucking normie
>>
File: 1448311169386.jpg (67KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1448311169386.jpg
67KB, 1024x768px
>>25529555
> I grew up in the 80s

hello reddit. see a funny frog meme on you facebook feed huh. well 4chan is the meme factory i hope you enjoy your stay on r9lolmemes000
>>
>>25529628

I've been here the entire time, omega. Unlike you, who came here last summer after seeing some particularly dank memes on 9gag
>>
>>25529491

fuck off sam leak some of your adult swim pilot
>>
>>25529692
i feel like sam would be on /fit/
>>
>>25529667
No you haven't. I know your type. You're the 30+ Gen X'er who thinks he can waltz onto 4chan or nahczdraiw from puahate or loveshy or reddit or something and pretend you're more elite and "wizardly" than everybody just because you're old and you pretend that you've been trolling the internet since netscape navigator.

No you haven't. You're particularly annoying on places like wiz where you insist you're superior to everybody and no one is as "wizardly" as you as though virginity is a scale or something. Fuck off dickhead.
>>
>>25526238
where there even any 'gamer gurls' during super nintend, n64/ps1 days? i dont remember any. then again i was shyte with grills then as i am now lul
>>
>>25529146
I think you have it confused about what being a nerd is. It's not about just the subject matter (comics, sci-fi, vidya), it's the obsession that got you called a nerd. Watching starwars is mainstream, knowing every alien species blood type is nerdy. Just watching batman tas is mainstream, having long boxes of capeshit gets you called a nerd.
>>
>>25529777

>going to this much effort to make up a bunch of stories because you know you're wrong and you can't cope with the shame

I love it when people admit they've been BTFO by inventing a series of hilarious angry fantasies and protecting them bitterly.

Nice try, omega.

The one regret every genuine oldfag has is all the complete fucking morons like you who ended up here.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.