[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just enrolled in one class this semester

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: gg.png (30KB, 546x471px) Image search: [Google]
gg.png
30KB, 546x471px
hello robots,

In my quest to build le ultimate PC, I forgot to properly allocate funds to my tuition. so instead of having $3000 for 2 or 3 classes this semester, I only have $1000. I am taking precalculus this semester.

Thanks for the time!
>>
They teach precalc in college now?
>>
>>25520077
Yes. They also have algebra if you go to a uni that is shitty enough
>>
>>25520117
I feel like OP has been robbed. Can you not just take it at some public high school?
>>
>>25520255
1) neither pre-calc nor calc is mandatory for graduating from public schools

2) you still have to take the placement exam, and a ton of people suck at maths

3) for a lot of majors they want business calc or something, even for the 2-year

4) People are really, really bad at maths. I've tutored a Japanese kid who was like "I took this shit in fourth grade!" (referring to fractions) and I was like "well then you should be good at it huh"

t. regards 4+ year maths and sciences tutor

P.s. the lower level stuff is usually horrendously taught. Incredibly little work is done on improving the skill of the students, versus just presenting them with material and "hoping" [shekling intensifies] they absorb it.
>>
>>25519924
Why not just get a loan? Most places have student loans if you're going at least 9 credit hours.
>>
>>25520255
You can take a test on uni campus and skip it if you scored well enough. Did you not went to a (shitty) uni?
>>
>wants to build amazing computer
>takes precalc in college

Jesus Christ, OP.
Learn what a fucking sin curve is before you try to build an elaborate computer you fag
>>
>>25520356
...Edward? That you?
>>
>>25520426
I actually did the placement test for two math courses and I assume most of the shittier unis accept BC calc for calc I and calc II (mine did). should've been three but I was retarded and went to the wrong place.
My uni is not horribly shitty, but I opted for a shittier uni cause it was cheaper. People suck at math here which is sad because it's supposedly a top 10 engineering school.
>>
>>25520525
building a super duper amazing PC is nothing short of a puzzle piece. I can "build" pcs no problem. it's just a matter of money.

College on the other hand...it's a matter of a A LOT of money.

to the anon who said just take a loan, fuck your loan Mr.Shekelsteinowitz. If I borrow $200 from you, I will pay back exactly $200 and nothing more. If that means I graduate in six years instead of four, so be it.
>>
>>25520595
>People suck at math here which is sad because it's supposedly a top 10 engineering school.
Now I'm curious. What uni is it?
>>
>>25520694
>four years instead of six
>one class at a time
Nigger it would take 16 years instead of 4. Meanwhile you're paying 4x as many "fees" because you're not taking four classes per semester.

Enjoy it when you're still a minimum wagecuck because your class has an attendance policy and you need to eat.
>>
>>25520744
Georgia Tech
>>
>>25520694
>, I will pay back exactly $200 and nothing more.
That's good. Try not to get into debt if you can.
>>
>>25520595
>engineers
>good at math
Pls stop this meme
>>
>>25520819
I'm not talking abstract math. The math majors are pretty bad at math as well. Doesn't pick career with highest median starting salary.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.