[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it like being white in Asia?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

File: Top-Cities_Bangkok-Copy.jpg (149KB, 775x581px) Image search: [Google]
Top-Cities_Bangkok-Copy.jpg
149KB, 775x581px
I know there are lots of Western people living in Asia now teaching English and stuff, what is it like?

Do you like it there? How do people behave towards you?
>>
It's like having a light shade of skin, but in the asian continent as opposed to the americas or even africa for that matter.
>>
>>25511387
I kekked in an original manner
>>
Went on a trip around China for 2 weeks.
Lots of pointing, and pictures taken of you. My friend was really popular with the ladies due to his pale skin, blue eyes, and long blond hair.
>>
It's fun at first, but after a while the people will drive you insane and make you wonder why you thought moving there was a good idea.

>passive aggressive
>extremely racist but also have a massive inferiority complex (what they say in English is often completely different to what they say in their own languages when they think no-one is listening/reading)
>no sense of civic duty or responsibility, extremely selfish
>>
I lived in South Korea for 5 years. You'll get a lot more attention and it will be easier to meet people.
There will also be more people who want to have sex with you.
But not because they like you but because they want to experience having sex with a white piggu and tell their friends about it.
Because of cultural differences (and racism), serious relationships are harder than in a white country.

Anything in particular you want to know?
>>
>>25511458
Funny, I'm in Korea now. Did you learn Korean while you were there?
>>
>>25511301
I've lived in Tokyo for 3 years. It's ok in general, people don't really care about your skin color (unless you're black, you'd just stand out too much then) or where you are from if you don't stir up any shit there.
>>
Asian guy here. White people that are into asian cultures almost always do it wrong because they don't learn or care how to properly interact with asians. Their shitty attempts, even if they know the language, just come across as insulting. I know it's harder for them because they weren't raised by asians but I wish they would try harder to assimilate if they apparently like the culture. That's how I feel about whites in Asia and whites in the west that love "asian culture". It's no surprise that every weeb that goes to Japan feels out of place because they don't know how to get along with asians.
>>
>>25511458
>Koreans

I really want to like Koreans, but their Yeolpok shit and general neurotic behaviour is really hard to take after a while. And worse, contagious.

There's the saying "Around blacks, never relax." The equivalent for Koreans would be, "Around Koreans, you will never relax because they won't let you."

I've never been to any country that makes you feel more stressed out and uncomfortable just by the people being themselves.
>>
Its like getting on your knees and giving a blowjob for the rest of eternity
>>
>>25511522
>Their shitty attempts, even if they know the language, just come across as insulting

Do explain, insulting how?
>>
>>25511485
I was there for 5 years, so obviously, yes. I speak it very well.
It's pretty easy, too. A lot easier than Russian for instance which I had to learn as well.
I skipped Hanja though to be honest. Didn't need it really, either.
>>
>>25511537
You better make lots and lots of eating noises almost like when Stacy sucks Tyrone's BBC and stuff like that
>>
>>25511522

...Surely cantonese moving comics can't be that bad a example on how to deal with y"all?
>>
>>25511522
While you might be right, I think the reality is that Asian societies are quite honestly for the most part quite suffocating and unpleasant to live in. There's a reason why even wealthy Koreans, Chinese and Taiwanese still emigrate to the West permanently in large numbers despite suffering racism and hardship of a sort when they get there.

Ironically, the people who enjoy Asia the most are the drunken ignorant frat-boy types who drink and screw their way across the continent without trying to learn anything about the culture. They get the good stuff (money, sex, tasty food) without the bad stuff (suffocating social expectations and knowing too much unpleasant information about Asian societies and how they really work).

The Westerners (and Asian-Americans, too) who end up totally crazy and bitter in Asia are (sadly) more often than not the people who actually tried. Because East Asian cultures are difficult to adapt to even for Asians, and people who learn an Asian language well while there can't help but start to feel some of the pressure and stress that native East Asians are constantly under.
>>
>>25511301
I've a cousin who's been there for 12 years now. Originally went to Japan to teach Engloish as a job, ended up staying and marrying a slanty-eyed fuck.
They've come back a few time, and Hiro is actually a pretty cool dude and a bro, and his father is more clever than you'd think for an oldfuck who can barely speak englih. My brother tried to get him fucked up on booze at the bachelor party, but Hiro's pops turned the tables on him and got my bro puking in the streets instead. Was good fun.

We still got Hiro dressed up in a bridesmaid outfit and marched him through town on a leash, though. It was no tradition I had ever heard on in my time in town, but Bro is a convincing con artist and so we now have a new family tradition, thanks to clueless nip fucks.

Anyways. Hookaido fucks are pretty cool folk. Also, since I bought their grandmother a book on Canada, apparently I am now favoured by the entire clan and would be given very honoured treatment if I ever went for a visit. Too bad I've no interest in Japan.
>>
File: hikikomori-2560.jpg (881KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
hikikomori-2560.jpg
881KB, 2560x1600px
>>25511486
Even if they did care they wouldn't say anything because it would be rude.
>>
>>25511537
Some examples of things white people do
>strong eye contact
I can handle it but it really bothers asians that are more... asian.
>using chopsticks poorly
>cant use the correct tone of voice. they might be too loud or too aggressive
>dont know the meaning of personal space and like touching people

There's more but that's just off the top of my head. I don't like whites.
>>
File: hank aaron.jpg (17KB, 300x401px) Image search: [Google]
hank aaron.jpg
17KB, 300x401px
I have been in Japan for 5 years doing that English teaching scam. It's cool at first but it's no kind of career. It's just good as a temporary fun gap year kind of thing. Now I am trapped I feel like

People here are great (I am in Central Japan near Nagoya) but occasionally racist. Not like Mississippi Burning racist, but just like a racism lite. I got told I wasn't allowed to rent an apartment from one landlord because I don't speak Japanese even though I am functionally fluent.
>>
>>25511663
You can't win being white in Asia.

If you act stereotypically "white" or "foreign" as Asians perceive it (loud and boisterous, sexually aggressive, nonintellectual), people perceive that as threatening, barbaric, and deviant.

On the other hand, whites who are relatively timid, humble, respectful, bookish, learn the language and all that stuff are often accused of being losers back home, nerds, pushovers and so on who are "latching on" to Asian culture in an attempt to escape their low social status (a lot of Asians have such a strong inferiority complex that they can't help but think that whites who "lower" themselves by associating themselves with Asia or Asians too much must be the defective article).

Infuriating people.
>>
>>25511663
>can't use the correct tone of voice

>Japanese: "s-s-sumi...masen..."
>Chinese: "NI HAOOOO AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA *TALKS ON PHONE WITH FOOD IN MOUTH*"
>>
The Chinese are materialistic as fuck. Their entire culture revolves around social status and flaunting their wealth and money, they're practically Jews. It's "keeping up with the Joneses" to an insane degree.
>>
>>25511663
>can't use correct tone of voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGI0jlz22Dg
>>
i was in korea and there was some americlaps screaming and shouting making the whitupigus look bad. probably dumb ass soldier
>>
>>25511706

>On the other hand, whites who are relatively timid, humble, respectful, bookish, learn the language and all that stuff are often accused of being losers back home, nerds, pushovers and so on who are "latching on" to Asian culture in an attempt to escape their low social status

I don't think Japanese people dislike weaboos as much as some people think they do.
>>
File: 3XtFf11.gif (206KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
3XtFf11.gif
206KB, 300x225px
I was in China for two years.

Tall white male. Literally the easiest time I've ever had. I slept with really fucking rich girls it was great.

Seriously unless you are really really ugly (or short) it's worth it for the experience.
>>
>>25511756
That's like complaining about the noise white people make in bars, you fucking moron. When I say the correct tone of voice, I mean for the situation. The fact that most whites are stupid is another reason they can't get along with asians. A smart person can learn to get along people of any ethnicity.
>>
>>25511779
Ask one what they think of an Otaku.
>>
>>25511779
I think it's mostly foreigners that tend to shame other foreigners for 'going native'

Actually, Asians for the most part respect foreigners who know their languages well, but some are a bit intimidated, because of how competitive they are.

Everything is a competition to Asians so they don't like anyone else potentially getting an advantage in any way especially foreigners.
>>
>>25511783
What if you're a sandnigger? I look like a (very) swarthy white.
>>
File: 1433035785339.jpg (56KB, 498x387px) Image search: [Google]
1433035785339.jpg
56KB, 498x387px
>>25511806
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od5gmTJJS6c
>>
>>25511836
No, you have to be white.

I remember being in a club in Wudaokou, beijing. There were two black guys by the bar looking glum as fuck. They asked me where is my girlfriend, I said I just arrived. I asked where are yours?

They said

"we won't get one, we aint white"

I felt bad for them, but that's just the way it is in Asia. Be white or go home.

For some reason though lots of girls I met from South west China were coalburners. They literally can't fuck anything other than black though as nobody will touch them again.
>>
File: 644[1].png (633KB, 600x837px) Image search: [Google]
644[1].png
633KB, 600x837px
>>25511797
>most whites are stupid

maximum discardment
>>
>>25511898
But I'm not full on niggerlips, I look like a very tanned white guy. Can they tell the difference?
>>
>>25511301
People tended to avoid me or gawk at me.
>>
>>25511958
if you say you're italian you might make it , they just hate tan guys.

before going on holiday to asia I avoid the sun, they love pale.
>>
>>25511301
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYVATuLwCA

this pretty mucho
>>
>>25512008
Couldn't watch more than a minute of this. I'm Asian and even I'm disgusted. Talk about an inferiority complex. I'm not short and ugly like most of my people so I don't feel it but it's sad that they do. I'd understand if it was a nigger but it was just a white guy minding his own business. Apparently he had an asian girl with him but that isn't illegal. I might have punched the asian guy, to be honest. I'd rather be a good person than accepted.
>>
>>25511732
Yeah, I can attest to that. When I was there there fucking lines that were at least 7 meters to enter stores like Gucci and Carolina Herrera, the type of store most people cant afford to buy (including me)
>>
is there a place in the world where you can raise kids to not be racist and not look down on others? i dont want my future kids to judge anyone based on things they have no control over
>>
>>25511897
>tfw considered otaku because i'm into girl groups
>>
>>25512072
Probably not. Tribalism is a survivalism mechanism.
>>
>>25512072
>is there a place in the world where you can raise kids to not be racist and not look down on others? i dont want my future kids to judge anyone based on things they have no control over

Any place where there are no non-whites and non-whites are so unknown as to be like mythological creatures in childrens' story-books.

Iceland?
Finland?
Montana?
Estonia?

Just throwing some ideas out there.
>>
>>25511897
>disneyboos
disgusting
>>
>>25512008
>The Asian version of average /pol/ user
>>
>>25512132
Most whites don't actually feel sexually threatened by non-whites, because of how racist white women are. Most of that cuck stuff is either blacks/ledditards trying to troll /pol/; or /pol/acks making fun of the leftist fringe who is into cuckold stuff because they're mentally ill.

Whites feel threatened territoriality because of all the non-whites moving into their lands usually bringing their own women with them - not because of non-white male sexuality per se (for the most part).

White women tend to stick with their race; sure some sexually aggressive non-white men resort to rape and sexual abuse to get white women, but for the most part, white flight means that even as whites recede, non-white men have few opportunities to mix with white women.
>>
>>25512107

Only Montana is valid on that list. Iceland is multikulti, Finland is getting increasingly irritated with Somalians, like everyone else, and Estonia is literally a Nazi pocket. As in, it was the Nazi occupied bit that never really fell as comprehensively as Germany itself did.
>>
>>25512072
>I want my children to be cucks
FTFY
>>
>>25512177
I said average /pol/ user (i.e insecure) not average white.
>>
>>25512248
I agree that /pol/acks are insecure, but I don't think it has much to do with sex.
>>
We don't want you, and you will never, ever fit in. At most, you're a source of entertainment for us.
>>
>>25512783
Funny, I always thought this was true for a lot of Asians. They pretend to dislike "low class" uneducated whites, but they actually prefer them - because they don't make them feel as insecure and are easier to make fun of.
>>
>>25511578
I've never know a place in the US where that isn't rude. They were probably outcastes before they got there.
>>
File: 1440189499486.jpg (126KB, 666x728px) Image search: [Google]
1440189499486.jpg
126KB, 666x728px
How do asians want whites to act in asia? it seems that both ends are looked down on
>>
Taught English in tokyo for two years. Tall white american sperg here.

What's been said in this thread is pretty much right on.

It's an interesting experience and teaching English when you're young can feel pretty cushy and comfortable, but it's in no way a stable lifelong job and you are sort of a second-class citizen. Getting laid is easy but finding a meaningful relationship is hard with the culture difference and racism. The downsides of Japan (crowded, culture of overtime work, xenophobia, few western stores and goods, horrifically hot summers, 13 hours from home, visa hassles) become amplified as life goes on and the fun aspects (good food, skinny girls, good tourist sites, language study, fun alcohol culture) become diminished.

Almost everyone I know who worked there has moved on, except for a super weeb and a half-japanese girl whose parents still live in Tokyo. There are reasons they left.
>>
>>25511435
Asia is not a country.
>>
>>25513609
No, but East Asia might as well be.
>>
>>25511522
Then how does one communicate properly?

I generally don't speak at all unless I absolutely have to and when I do I'm relatively short and formal/polite. (Yes. I know that sounds fedora it's just how I was raised)

Would being very reserved and formal be bad?
>>
>>25513684
Im not asian but Japanese and korean are heavy on the honotifics, and the way you speak to someone is predicated on your relationship with them. I know that exists in english but it is more explicit in those languages.they will always use language that maintains distance to outsiders
>>
File: Harold.png (285KB, 540x380px) Image search: [Google]
Harold.png
285KB, 540x380px
like this

>http://www.vagabondish.com/female-foreign-japan/

>If you ever visited Asia, youve likely seen the pale, rail-thin, greasy-haired white boy walking hand-in hand with a perfectly made-up, mini-skirt wearing Asian chick. This would never happen anywhere else in the world. Because everywhere else, Barbie ends up with Ken, not his underemployed, socially-awkward, samurai-sword-collecting neighbor, Kevin. But in Asia, dating rules defy all logic or evolutionary law. In Asia, the nerd is king.
>>
>>25514727
I remember this article. Fuck the bitch who wrote this. I've never seen such thinly veiled jealously in my life.
>>
>>25511458
Proof you faggots can't be """"""""robots""""""""
>>
what do you have to do to get a job teaching english abroad?
>>
>>25515334
Go there and get a job.
>>
I taught English in China throughout 2012. It was a real eye-opening experience. I changed my major from Business to English (/TESOL) when I got back and have a Bachelor's in the field now.

I'm planning to go to Japan next, but I want to get a Master's first so that I can be a little bit better off than your average ALT.
>>
>>25511969
Im from Ireland and completely white, is this really true?
>>
>>25514727
What a salty white bitch.
>>
>>25511732
wtc outfit
>>
>>25512047
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH8sSKwS_gU
>>
>>25511435
If I recall correctly, Japanese are the most civil people on the planet with the cleanest cities and most manners. Singapore and South Korea are similar.
>>
>>25512037
You clearly got an inferiority complex. Stop fucking cowtowing you obsequious turd.

>>25512008
He deserved what he got. If he can't even stand up for himself and has to post a video on youtube crying and whining, he is clearly a beta pushover with nothing between his legs.
>>
>>25512177
Whites feel very threatened sexually. There has always been the idea and fear of colored hordes outbreeding whites and stealing white women.

Whites fear dark skins for their physicality and penises, whites fear lighter skinned minorities for their competition and wealth.

In the 19th century, whites literally had to ban miscegenation because too many blacks and asians were marrying white women. Tens of thousands of whites went on riots over single inter racial marriages.
>>
>>25511898

I remember this post. Word for fucking word.

They were probably african immigrants or someshit. What about light/mixed guys?
>>
The Korean is a most disgusting filthy manipulative subhuman. Cannot to control his anger and emotion. Narcissistic materialistic vain. Ugly looking troll. Stupid fuckin ugly drama whorean.
>>
>>25516757
internettoughguy.jpg
>>
File: korean-man-caucasian-women.jpg (197KB, 740x576px) Image search: [Google]
korean-man-caucasian-women.jpg
197KB, 740x576px
>>25516988
Someone got cucked by a korean.
>>
>>25517108
Maybe he's a nip.
>>
It's 2.46am
Im a singaporean girl
Ye ye ye the living asian grill maymay

Any questions unanswered yet?
>>
I have a couple korean friends and even they seem to bring some weird competitive materialistic sense over.

My one friend is always bragging about his clothes/possessions, every time he does I make a point that he's 25 and his parents are still 100% supporting him. He shuts up for a couple hours then starts bragging again. I don't get it.
>>
File: 1431806016524.jpg (255KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1431806016524.jpg
255KB, 500x500px
>>25516988

I actually hear a lot about this from every person i know who has dated a Korean (male and female and different races including other Asians) who basically say they are incredibly self-absorbed, materialistic, rude, and very much obsessed with status and power. Korean females will literally ignore you to the point of not looking you in the eye and ignoring your presence if you dont have nice and expensive things with a great job.
>>
>>25517590

Do you guys really hate blacks that much?

Would you date a light skinned black guy?
>>
You only get to have one job of being an english teacher.

Doing anything else will result in people treating you like some kind of anomaly

No one expects you to speak their language, and you get made fun of if you try.

Passing by or making eye contact with other whites on the street is awkward as fuck and stress inducing
>>
>>25511522
nah I'm Asian and all my Asian families in Asia hate foreigners, they will never welcome a foreigner into their lifestyle only because like any other culture (if not most), see foreigners as a threat to their already static and traditional lifestyle.

Not out of hate, just out of underlying fear.
>>
File: 1411602476302.jpg (34KB, 773x645px) Image search: [Google]
1411602476302.jpg
34KB, 773x645px
>>25517590
>>25517770

A painful response.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.