[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with intrusive thoughts? I'm gonna cry

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1449378797203.png (43KB, 357x390px) Image search: [Google]
1449378797203.png
43KB, 357x390px
How do I deal with intrusive thoughts?

I'm gonna cry
>>
>>25508504
rationalize those thoughts.
>>
You have to distract yourself for the rest of your life.

Works 4 me.
>>
Act on them
>>
put them in a mental jar and shut it
>>
Honestly, you have to talk to someone about it. Face to face, or at least be able hear each other's voice.
>>
>>25508535
Doing this made me a robot.
>>
File: 1451285487926.png (103KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
1451285487926.png
103KB, 217x320px
>>25508520

I always do but they are so fucking dumb they are very hard to rationalize and put in my favor and require tremendous amount of energy

just fuck me up senpai
>>
honestly the only thing that helps me get over them is thinking about them? like thinking them through and accepting that i have them and then i slowly start deconstructing and refuting them? if that makes sense. like i'll have the thoughts, and then take them apart and explain to myself like how it is completely impossible for them to be true. sometimes it takes a while and i'll space out for like an hour just thinking but it always helps calm me down

also meditating helps me
>>
>>25508661

thats what i do and it always worked but im so fucking tired of being crippled
>>
>>25508661
this, also write them down
>>
>>25508504
Switch to other thoughts. Start doing other things to occupy your time instead of thinking them. In my case when I went through what you describe, I did math problems or took a walk. In the worst case scenario you should see a doctor for that. They prescribed me medication that did lessen the thoughts but the side-effects were feeling dozy.
>>
>>25508504
You need to act on your thoughts. Not all of them. Just the ones you can get away with. Even if it hurts, the feeling you get when you do what your mind tells you is incredible. It's liberating.
>>
File: 1443215629554.jpg (15KB, 320x247px) Image search: [Google]
1443215629554.jpg
15KB, 320x247px
>>25508529
Do the oposite, if you avoid them anytime the thouths will popout again while being distracted (like in "THEGAMEHURR"). Keep your atention in thosefeelsxd till you fell less disturbed
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.