[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"My boyfriend got me into it" "My boyfriend showed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: starwarsboyfriend.jpg (87KB, 438x638px) Image search: [Google]
starwarsboyfriend.jpg
87KB, 438x638px
"My boyfriend got me into it"
"My boyfriend showed it to me"
"It's my boyfriends favorite movie"

I hear this so often, especially when it comes to expansive stories like Star Wars and Rocky. Are women capable of developing a taste in movies that isn't based around their boyfriend/ex/crush?
>>
>>25507678
Iuuuuuuuhhhhmmmmm like no
>>
>>25507678
My gf got me into doctor who. When the walking dead came out on tv I read the first trade paperback then watched the first season and lost interest. I got back into it years later and watched the whole series and binge read the whole comic book series.

I don't fucking regret it. I like fucking dr. who and the walking dead you faggot. My gf loves starwars and I think it's science fiction for children. Fuck you.
>>
>>25507678
>Are women capable of developing a taste in movies that isn't based around their boyfriend/ex/crush?

No.
Women are boring.
They have the potential to make good mothers, wifes and sex toys but aren't good for anything else.
>>
>>25507763
>being this salty over 4chan
You should probably lurk more.
>>
>>25507763
Yeah but how did she get into those interests? Was it legitimate discovery on her part or was she shown by a man (either a significant other or her father)?
>>
Women scarcely like anything outside of scoring a "quality" man.

My female coworker suddenly "realized" she was into ghost stories and 80's hair metal.

Guess what her crush likes?
>>
>>25507678
This is not uncommon in relationships, if your partner has similar tastes they will often introduce you to things you like as well. Also, Rocky one is a fantastic movie, and it's really more of a love story than a boxing movie so I'm not surprised girls like it.
>>
>>25507678
>look at this current media I am into "I'm such a geek eccsdee"
Also look at my engagement ring casually in the picture
>>
>>25507853
jesus fucking christ women are actual soulless whores
>>
File: 40375[2].jpg (120KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
40375[2].jpg
120KB, 225x350px
>>25507853
You see, it's things like this that men completely overlook and it's why we're such gullible idiots at times when it comes to things that women do. Everything a woman says or does is a double entendre.
>>
>>25507813
She liked dr. who because of her sister. She loves starwars because of her father. I saw the origional 3 then the new 3 when they came out and I still have no interest. I don't know why she liked the walking dead. I read the whole comic series and she doesn't read comic books but I did it because I watched the show with her. You guys need to get over your superiority complexes. Having a Y chromosome doesn't make you better than 51% of the population by default. You're still a shit person, maybe at best you're better than 25% of the population.
>>
>>25507961
I sometimes wish that /r9k/ had permanent trips/usernames for people like you. Because then in a year or two, we can all definitively say "we told you so" when you start the inevitable depression/suicide thread.
>>
>>25507961
gottsa defend the roasties, people on the internet are being meanies :^)
>>
>>25507961
Hello friend. I was browsing 4chan and saw your comment. I'm glad you're standing up for women on a board that is otherwise very harsh on them. Women need men like us when they're not around to defend them! Thank you so much for being nice to girls, I hope to see you around on 4chan, friend. :)
>>
>>25508039
The jokes on you faggot. Belly gfs have a large enough labia majora that you can't see their labia minora.

>>25507998
I was a lot more depressed when I came here in 2011 than I am now.
>>
>>25507678
>Are women capable of developing a taste in movies that isn't based around their boyfriend/ex/crush?
They're capable of it, it's just really rare.
>>
Reddit! I've found you!
>>25507763
>>
>>25507678
No.

If you texted a random girl a month ago, and put SPOILERS: BOBA FETT DIED IN EPISODE VII she would flip out.

Why? Because the only the majority of women like Star Wars is because they want to come off as "nerdy" and "interesting" too.

The only reason they like The Walking Dead is because every detail is explained to them and it's a "who's going to die next" soap opera to them. Guarantee if they read the comics, they'd stop after the baby being shotgun blasted and Michonne brutally raped.
>>
>>25509151
Because the majority of women that like*
>>
>>25507678
>is this sweeping generalization true
The answer is no. Also star wars and Rocky are shit. Only nostalgia gags like them.
>>
>texting with a girl
>she asks me what I'm up to
>watching a movie
>she asks me what movie, I tell her Gattaca and that it's a great film
>"oh, that has a 7.8 on IMDb, not bad"
>ask her what her favorite movie is
>"The shawshank redemption"

She was literally using IMDb to determine how good movies are
>>
>>25509228
Gattaca, while an amateur film, is absolutely fucking based. It makes me feel like my own personal problems aren't actual problems. It woke me up to people who legitimately have no chance due to Genetics. And while in always going to be a whiny bitch, I appreciate what I have.
>>
I actually got into dumb nerd shit because of my dad.
He sat me down for Red Dwarf and left his comics and sci fi novels around.

I think the trend you noticed is quite legitimate. Most people do find their interests and tastes through socialization- lovers are more influential upon women and friends are more influential upon men .
>>
>>25507813
Lemme guess, she likes the tumblry benedict cumberbatch dr.who
>>
My GF is sort of what I call a "boyfriend girl". She feigns interest in the movies, games, music, etc that I like and doesn't really seem to hold opinions of her own on entertainment stuff.
>>
i know you guys have never been in a relationship before but even i can understand that if you're spending a lot of time with your boyfriend or girlfriend your tastes and likes are going to grow and adapt.

but women are the devil i guess
>>
>>25507678
>Rocky
>Expansive
What?
>>
>>25507763
>I like fucking dr. who and the walking dead you faggot
PLEASE come to /tv/ so we can destroy you
>>
>>25510385
>we
Kill yourself faggot. He's a faggot but you're a bigger one in my book
>>
>>25507763
Doctor Who hasn't been good for over a decade now.
>>
>>25507678
Star wars is compelete shot and Rocky is just boring.
>>
>>25509290

My sister recommended it to me and I quite liked it. I think she said that it's her 2nd or 3rd favourite. Bladerunner is what she doesn't shut up about at all, her favourite of all time.

I'm really shocked she isn't a full lesbian, although she did tell me she always thought she was until she reached college age. You never expect women to have a good taste in sci-fi. She's pretty fat and depressed so I suppose that's the trade-off.
>>
>>25509228
gattaca is pretty good. kinda sad the frenchie roasting himself tho
>>
File: image.jpg (139KB, 333x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 333x420px
I think it has a lot to do with how old the girl is and how experienced she is in dating.

I'm old enough (26) to know exactly what I like and autistic enough to not really care about what other people think.
When I was younger I dated enough to cultivate interests. If my boyfriend was into something I would make an effort to give it a chance. Sometimes things stick and sometimes they don't.
Now I've gotten to the point that I know a little bit about most things and can get along with anyone.
It's even gotten to where I have a hard time relating with normies because "nerd culture" is all the rage, but when I try to talk about comics, for example, they sorta change the subject or say something about the marvel movies.

>TLDR
I think it's important to be perceptive to new things, but at the same time you've got to hold onto individuality.
>>
It's because they are more accommodating and want to feel closer to the person they're with. You want your bf to feel good so you watch Rocky with her. Most girls wouldn't give a shit about Rocky or Ramdo on their own
>>
>>25507678
Women are like children, very impressionable and therefore you can mold them to like whatever you like. You think men would still put up with their shit after thousands of years if they couldn't be trained?
>>
>>25507678
>Are women capable of developing a taste in movies that isn't bad?
fixed for ya
>>
>>25507678

Very few women i've met have developed their own interests beyond simple shit like colors and food.
Even girls who I'd call good friends that I've known for ages will change their persona based on who they're dating.

dating a dj
>likes going to raves
dating a band guy
>likes going to gigs
dating a greasemonkey
>likes cars
dating a hipster
>likes indie films
dates a lesbian
>likes hippy vegan bullshit
>>
>>25507960

No, women are just manipulative.
>>
>>25510935
Daniel is that you?
>>
>>25507763
>my gf
>doctor who
>walking dead
Man can you even be a plebber normie than this?
>>
>>25511826
Are you sure she claimed them as her new hobbies or was she just talking about doing related activities?
>>
Women have no interests of their own. You can bet your ass she will dump that hobby or whatever she is in to after the break up.
>>
>>25507678
you guys are getting so delusional to prove your points it is stupid.

Sure many women and men are ver basic when ti comes to things they are into and yes- partners and friends are a big source of new interest and inspiration (at least should be, otherwise you are dating and meeting wrong people).

Most interest I had over the years formed without any male influenc, when it came to dating I was more often the one "getting bf into something" and many of my girlfriends had similiar experience.

But I guess you really need anything to feel at least a bit superior to those horrible women, even if all you are capable of is showing off how you developed "a taste" in consumption of pleb media.
>>
File: 14464526246554.jpg (32KB, 248x185px) Image search: [Google]
14464526246554.jpg
32KB, 248x185px
>>25510585

Don't talk shit about Rocky
>>
>women

>interesting

They exist to be fucked, nothing more.
>>
>>25507678

No they're not. They find the (perceived) best quality dick they can and do whatever they can to stay attached to it.
>>
>>25512143

No, she took this shit on board wholly.

Only listening to hardstyle and releases from international dj's, then dyed her hair black and wore band tshirts, then had a kinda 50's rockabilly thing going with her petrol obsession, then wore knitted second hand shit and listened to obsure rubbish on vinyl, currently still a vegan rug-muncher but has been making passes at me so i'll see what happens.
>>
>women unironically uses the word nerd because i play video games
>"well what do you do in your spare time??"
>"nothing, facebook"

i think normies are just people with IQs that are too low.
when someone is different from these people, they react with fear and jealousy because they're just stupid.
that's why stupid people are always in relationships. they go out and find someone as equally stupid and whipped as they are.
>>
Women always pretend to like things,thats why they only get to know things that are not Facebook or parties only if someone else introduces them to it.
>>
>>25510385
they have /who/ generals on /tv/ you fucking faggot
>>
File: 1451934405332.png (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451934405332.png
27KB, 400x400px
>>25507763
eat shit normalscum
>>
Women tend to mold themselves around their man if they're truly attracted to him. If you're Chad then it comes with the whole submissiveness package.
>>
File: ad_163151305-e1426525654592.jpg (28KB, 644x363px) Image search: [Google]
ad_163151305-e1426525654592.jpg
28KB, 644x363px
>>25507678
Everyone knows women can't develop taste on their own, they either get their interests from their bf/crush or female friends.

>Female friend asks for a good series to watch
>Tell her she would probably like Doctor Who
>She watches it
>Thinks it's boring and stupid af
>Turns out some of her friends are into Doctor Who
>She suddenly loves it
>mfw
>>
File: smeghead1.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
smeghead1.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>25509331
Shut it, smeghead
>>
>>25507961
i just love seeing delusional faggots like you

that one day, maybe years from now, when it just clicks in your head how women truly are I wish you think of this site wherever you are
>>
>rocky
>star wars
>gattaca
>blade runner

Holy shit, I'm on a board full of literal plebozoids. If you think these shit flicks are good, cut your own head off with a toothpick
>>
>>25507678
Women are just more apt to drone on and on about basic shit no one cares about. Every man got into something, because of his woman, as well, he either just doesn't talk about it because it's bitch shit, or just doesn't feel the need to let everyone know about his every passing interest, in a constant, desperate bid for attention.
There are a few bands my girlfriend got me into, a few movies, a few shows. I just don't tell my male friends, because as an example, I'm now into The Front Bottoms, Gone With the Wind, and Steven Universe (and I really want to hate this one, but it's too cute and makes me see past all the gay space rocks). My friends would call me a bitch for any one of these things.
My dad's into soap operas, because my mom's really fucking into soap operas. They're divorced and he still watches soaps.
Same thing with fetishes, girlfriend's gotten into some things because of me, I've gotten into some things because of her, people tend to influence each other. You're not a special snowflake, yourself, you're an amalgamation of your parents, your friends (if you have any), 4chan and whatever media you like. You just don't have the additional perspective of being influenced by a romantic partner, so you think you're some hot shot individual while women are sheep, when you're really just like all of the other robots gnashing their teeth at da evil womens.
>>
>>25507678
>Your friend shows you a new band/movie/tv show/game/ etc.
>You're not allowed to like it because you didn't find it yourself

You guys really enjoy grasping at them straws, don't you?
You're gonna sit there, staring at my words through a computer screen, and lie to me that there isn't a SINGLE thing you like that someone else showed you?
>>
I can say that honestly, I had a green text of skills I learned alone, but I deleted without copying it.

If you have no contact with people you can come across various hobbies at your local library, jist by browsing the isles.

>everyone has friends
Not even trying to Robot post, but are you seriously saying there can't be non social people?
>>
My ex literally introduced me to Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. It can happen.
>>
>>25514819
Shit that sounds like it came from a female,meant to quote this >>25513750

>Point is I agree with OP and women are bandwagoning whores.
>>
>>25514997
Sure there are things that you can learn by yourself but understand that you're the outlier not them. People arguing about some random show/game/tv usually prompts me to look at it myself and develop my opinion on it.

Is it bandwagoning if I pick either side? or should I just not watch/play that thing because others before me have and liked it? That's what OP's argument boils down to. "Nobody is allowed to like things they didn't find themselves."

Well shoot, guess I can't like vanilla ice cream since my parents are the ones that introduced it to me.
>>
File: 1401932226486.jpg (29KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1401932226486.jpg
29KB, 396x385px
>>25512209
I'm so glad noone responded to this dumb roastie
>>
Why are you guys treating pop culture juggernauts like they are some kind of obscure thing?

Star Wars is literally made for women too, considering it's just a soap opera.
>>
>>25512209
Women generally have little taste in forms of media unless its either popular or they have a man to confirm whether its worthwhile or not.
Just because there's an exception or two doesn't mean jack when the vast majority will latch onto being approved by everyone and their other half, just to seem like a good gf
>>
>>25515143
Fair enough, but I think he means a majority of women who learn about things through males are just fulfilling their roles as parasites, whi no matter what can never enjoy something on the same level as a man,which he finds disgusting.
>me too IMO
>my interpretation of the op at a literal glance.
>>
>>25515421
Most of the OPs here at first glance just look like children complaining about things they don't understand. There are/was/will be people outside of existence. Your subjective morals don't mean shit. (not you personally)
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.