[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is suicide wrong?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: 1449742806147.jpg (505KB, 954x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1449742806147.jpg
505KB, 954x1200px
How is suicide wrong?
>>
I tried hanging myself once
>>
>>25505233
It is both right and wrong.

It is right because it is fulfillment of a desire.

It is wrong because it deprives both you and yourself from complexity and information, namely the information contained in your brain, which could possibly be shared.
>>
It is not wrong, neither is it right. Suicide as an action in the face of nihilism would mean that it is a proper action. It is in some cases
>>25505251
me too
>>
>>25505292
In other words, brain-killing is about as bad as book-burning. There is knowledge in both, and it is a shame to waste it.
>>
it hurts those who you leave behind. and its a waste of life.
>>
Suicide looks wrong because those who have used it as the perfect solution are no longer there to boast about its success.
>>
>>25505379
because it was so usefull before
>>
IMO it's pretty selfish. On the other hand you didn't ask to come into this world so it would be fucked up to say you shouldn't be able to leave under your own terms
>>
Well as far as the universe concerns, its neither wrong nor right.
It is seen as wrong, because it goes against the survival instinct of any creature to not strive to survive.
In my opinion, it is wrong because in most cases, it is done in a state where the person sees the things way more hopeless than they are (aka depression). Mental illness is extremely different from case to case, it could be that you will cure yourself after a few months and things will look much better. If you kill yourself, you eliminate all chances for better times.
>>
>>25505335
Nihilism usually means you dont give a shit about anything, nothing stresses you out and you live without a plan for the day just for the sake of it. It is actually a quite relaxing philosophy, realizing that nothing is as important as people want to make it seem, who cares weither you have a job, drive a car or have many friends. It is all nothing but mountains of atoms piled over each other.

Depression and suicide is on the negative scale, nihilism on the neutral and 90 percent of people are on the positive scale.
>>
>>25507197
>On the other hand you didn't ask to come into this world so it would be fucked up to say you shouldn't be able to leave under your own terms

>implying I wouldn't have the right to leave even if I DID ask to come into this world
>>
>>25505372
>>25505292
Everything I have learned in life has been taught to me by others. I know I'm not some great thinker and every idea I have has been prodded and explored before me by minds more capable. I am nothing but a reprint copy of common books others have access to and likely have already read. Is suicide thus purely right to me?
>>
>>25505233
You're not the Lord, and you don't get to destroy the human life He created.
>>
File: fash af.jpg (549KB, 2704x1832px) Image search: [Google]
fash af.jpg
549KB, 2704x1832px
>>25505233
cause there are degenerates that need to be removed first
>>
>>25507861
As stupid as this comment is
As much as I dont believe in a god

What is your prove that he isnt your "lord"
>>
>>25507861
If the Lord is benevolent and all knowing why would he bestow such a painful gift upon me? Surely a kind and loving God would also not make me keep such a painful, depressing gift.
>>
>>25507807
Make no mistake, I have no ulterior sympathetic motive. My posts were not 'everyone is a special snowflake with special memories'. I was speaking from a purely investigative, purely databasal point of view: you have a couple of private experiences which only you know about, be it how exactly your bedroom used to look like a year ago. Distinctions between important and unimportant knowledge are arbitrary, and arbitrariness is the enemy of intellect. You know things that will be gone if you die: therefore, your death is wrong -- in that respect.

As far as self-governance and avoidance of suffering goes, however, go for it. I don't wish you ill -- good luck.
>>
>>25507376
you are a complete and utter moron
>>
>>25505251
how did that go?
>>
>>25507904
My Faith in Him and His works is my "prove".

>>25507922
The Lord is benevolent, and He loves you. You're lost and confused, and you're misinterpreting the blessings He has bestowed upon you.
>>
>>25507972
>implying that question can't be serious
>implying you can't live and get damage nonetheless
>>
>>25505233
>wrong
there is no such thing in real lyfe
>>
>>25507974
Explain to me how being an ugly, balding 5'3 manlet could be a blessing? Please I would like to know maybe I have been living in painful ignorance all these years when just around the corner exists fantastic knowledge that could save me from my hell.
>>
>>25507861
>>25507974
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
>>
>>25508007
I just wanna how it didn't play out. Was it just a faulty attempt or did you change your mind last minute?
>>
>>25508059
According to the bible if these Catholics read it, Jesus dying forgave all sins that have happened or will happen thus no one can go to hell.
>>
>>25508059
Only speaking to God himself can make you see the life He gave you in a new light.

>>25508074
I'm sorry I don't have any edgy, nihilistic advice to give. I just want to help lost souls.
>>
>>25508138
>holy misinterpretation batman
>>
>>25508210
>Catholic heathen who listens to what the pope shits out
>>
File: 1338230088159.gif (142KB, 266x199px) Image search: [Google]
1338230088159.gif
142KB, 266x199px
Suicide is perfectly safe and fine to do.

But you'll have to reincarnate into an even worse situation that is just as suicide inducing if you ever do decide to go through with it.
>>
>>25505379
can't argue the first point, since I'm incapable of determining whom my suicide could harm

however, your second point is only true if a life has intrinsic value, which I do not believe is true
I belive that most life is superfulous, and only those that are truly benefiting the collective are really of any value
>>
>>25508266
See unless you are a Buddhist Hindu or a Jain
>>25508138
>>
File: 1392265055182.jpg (106KB, 300x460px) Image search: [Google]
1392265055182.jpg
106KB, 300x460px
I think it's important to remind you all that the only legitimate function of suicide is as an act of redemption for an irredeemable failure.
>>
>>25505453
what about people who fuck up their suicides and then wake up thinking, "omg, thank god i didn't die."
>>
>>25505233
>>25505233
it's like giving away everything you have in exchange for nothing

not necessarily wrong per se, just kind of doesn't make sense
>>
>>25508510
'Hey universe, I'm going to give back all this suffering the chemicals in my brain are experiencing. Break it down and reintegrate it into the ecosystem in exchange for peace for me, okay?'
'That doesn't make sense.'
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with suicide.

Euthanasia facilities should be in every city hall and made freely accessible like a public library.
>>
>didn't get asked to be brought here
>brought here anyway
>tortured with a shitty life

Suicide is the logical choice. It's fixing someone else's mistake.
>>
>>25508488
Thats because of survival instincts. It resets their basic programming.

As someone who has seriously considered it for almost a decade and chickend out, Id commend the alternate me who avoided drifting n+1 years and got away when he still had some dignity.
>>
File: 1434347732104.png (9KB, 952x137px) Image search: [Google]
1434347732104.png
9KB, 952x137px
>>25505233
That's not. Fucking liberals.
>>
File: 1434710161965.jpg (75KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1434710161965.jpg
75KB, 620x349px
>>25505233
I can't believe there are people on r9k who judge suicide.
Only fucking normies can do that.
I really wish some school shooter will shoot you first before an heroing, fucking hypocrites.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.