[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quest Thread General: 1001 Waifus Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 52

File: QTG.png (36KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
QTG.png
36KB, 800x800px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities. You will also never read it, so who fucking cares, just ask whatever stupid question you have in the thread.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics, and politics.)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, usually in advising that they stop being huge faggots, but shitposting is a bannable offense) https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ

http://qst.wikia.com
This abomination of a wiki gives brief summations of quests and QMs as well as quest culture in general. Additions are encouraged. Not that you will ever contribute, as you well shouldn't.

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread. Not that you will, nor will any reviews ever be posted.):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Question
What is your favorite moment in the last quest you ran, or are currently running?

>Player Question
How many characters is too many to keep track of?
>>
File: IMG_1471.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1471.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>1702319
>What is your favorite moment in the last quest you ran, or are currently running?
I'm not sure, would have to be a tie between the Great Ape vs !Notzilla fight, the MC's first transformation into the False Super Saiyan, finally doing gif-related to Dr. Nefarious, and anons saying they wanted at least 60 more episodes.
>How many characters is too many to keep track of?
4-6 characters are ideal for me, depending on the type of quest and the characters. Any more and I'll start to lose track of who's who, especially with no character art to associate a face to a name.
>>
>>1689306
>>1689306

Panzer Commander Quest will be running through next weekend until thread death. A quest where between bouts of murdering people in hails of steel and fire, you sneak up behind women and act so stupid that they'd rather jump off cliffs than stay around you.

Ideally I'd be starting at 1PM EST every day, but after Tuesday I'll be on a trip so that won't be a reliable time to follow, and much more likely, updates will come whenever they do at that point.

>QM Question
>What is your favorite moment in the last quest you ran, or are currently running?

The part where the players did nothing but get repeatedly smacked by howitzer shells and knocked on their asses for three consecutive battles.

I'm sorry but misfortune is delicious.

>Player Question

I'd be curious of this exactly too, since I feel that character bloat is really affecting me right now, simply by necessity of how many people are under the PC's command, and not necessarily that there's not enough time for the important ones.
>>
>>1702319
> How many characters is too many to keep track of?
If the QM is willing to keep a (somewhat) up-to-date character list on a pastebin or something, potentially dozens.
>>
>>1702319
> How many characters is too many to keep track of?

Maybe between 15 and 20, assuming not all of them are super important major characters that are vital to the story.
>>
>QM Question
Where did you come from? Was there an online community you used/currently frequent before you got the idea to run a quest here?

>Player Question
How do you feel about permanent injuries?
>>
>>1703571
I'm fine with permanent injuries, as long as they were earned fairly and not given for bullshit reasons or shitty one choice trap options. Nobody likes it when Q/D/GM's pull that shit.
>>
>>1702319

The lewdest one. Not going to describe due to the color of the board.

>>1703571
>Where did you come from? Was there an online community you used/currently frequent before you got the idea to run a quest here?

What is /tg/?
>>
>>1702319
I have lots, most of them originating from Solomon interacting with another character. Just for sheer WTFpower, the time a crit failure was immediately followed by a crit success in back-to-back posts.
>>1703571
>Where did you come from? Was there an online community you used/currently frequent before you got the idea to run a quest here?
/tg/. I DM online, but not under this name, obviously.
>>
I was expecting less people from tg.
>>
>>1703571
Where did you come from? Was there an online community you used/currently frequent before you got the idea to run a quest here?

I came from /tg/co/ the only other place that really uses quests was /tg/ since most crossboarding anons really just germinated the idea to boards where their idea for a quest was more relevant to /tg/
>>
>>1702319
>QM Question
A conversation with a diseased spirit

>Player Question
That's a player question? I dunno, ten at max.
>>
>>1702319
>Player Question
It's difficult to answer that question since it depends on so many variables like how well the QM flesh them out, how close are they to the PC, how often they are around the PC, etc..
If the characters are around the PC, about 7 or 8 are enough, any others can be added as random encounters or "one off's" so to speak.
>>
Has anyone ever done a quest through Kik?
>>
I'm enjoying star vs quest.
>>
File: Slimegirl in a bottle.jpg (88KB, 700x1094px) Image search: [Google]
Slimegirl in a bottle.jpg
88KB, 700x1094px
If you run a quest for 2.5 long threads and it dies for a year, how would you go about reviving it?
>>
>>1704530
Depends of how many threads we're looking at.
You either start over if that number is very low or you summarise what's happened so far and provide an archive link for chatch up.
>>
>>1704530
Start over. 2 threads is nothing, who's going to care about a quest that short that has been dead for a year?
>>
File: Akun_weird.png (78KB, 908x1360px) Image search: [Google]
Akun_weird.png
78KB, 908x1360px
Oh Akun.
>>
>>1703571
/tg/, then to /qst/. Nobody ran the kind of quest I wanted so I decided to run it myself.
>How do you feel about permanent injuries?
Depends. If they're earned, then they are usually fine as long as they don't completly break the character and make them useless. If the DM/QM just gimps you outside of your control, because reasons, then fuck that.
>>
>>1702319
Depends on the system you use to keep track of info.
The quest I play has dozens of named NPCs but we use a wiki.
>>
File: 353.jpg (52KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
353.jpg
52KB, 400x300px
>>1705267
>quest has a wiki
>quest needs a wiki to be comprehensible
>>
>>1705276
A lot happens in 5 years
>>
>>1705284
H&D?
>>
>>1705284
HQQ?
>>
File: 1.1.1.png (1MB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1.1.1.png
1MB, 1024x1448px
An update on the Paladin of Avalon is up!
https://fiction.live/stories/The-Paladin-of-Avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/31-The-Time-of-Ravens/CsKkNLXgsR8c5iMY5
The Time of Ravens
>>
How often are there threads that allow concentrated autism and degeneracy to take place that aren't 'lolsorandum' quests?
Most quests I find a bit too 'complicated' for my dumb braind.
>>
File: InSpace.gif (2MB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
InSpace.gif
2MB, 500x347px
[i]We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.[/i]

>>1694081
>>1694081
>>1694081

Alien: Eternal Lie continues
>>
>>1705657
Just find a akun quest
>>
File: apotheosis.gif (138KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
apotheosis.gif
138KB, 1024x768px
Apotheosis
second shot.
The first one missed.
If I can't hit the mark this time I'll have to give up.

>>1705648
>>1705648
>>1705648
I used three thread links so it looks like a spam email.
>>
File: lambdaland1.jpg (96KB, 856x480px) Image search: [Google]
lambdaland1.jpg
96KB, 856x480px
>>1705797
>>1705797
>>1705797

Dark Empire Quest is a go
>>
Starcaller is running right now:
>>1705843
>>1705843
>>1705843
>>
>>1705308
>>1705381
I've seen these, can you tell me which quests you guys are talking about.
>>
I think this is the slowest I have ever seen Quest . . . despite the fact that there are a bunch of quests all live.

Did I miss a memo?
>>
>>1705953
/qst/, the graveyard board
>"I liked Ruby quest..."
>>
>>1705953
No, it's summer vacation.
>>
>>1705657
>concentrated autism
>too complicated
You want X but don't want X?
>>
I'm thinking of running a My Hero Academia quest where the PC is a year ahead of the cast in the manga. It starts out in the PC's first year and eventually after a year, the events of the manga start happening, if the PC's don't accelerate things somehow.

I have most of their potential classmates written out.

Would people be interested in that?
>>
>>1705953
Some of us are still here!
>>
>>1706240
I would be cautiously interested. Guess it is super hero quest season.
>>
>>1703571

/tg/, like many of us. I got my somewhat ambiguous start hijacking Vampire Quest after drifting over from roleplay threads on /x/ (I was 12 and didn't know board etiquette, sue me). Run a series of hopefully steadily improving quests since.
>>
>>1702319

>QM

When the players defeated the Mad Doctor in Matryoshka Hardmode Civ. They executed it so well that he didn't even know he had a slave revolt on his hands until he was already on fire, riddled with arrows, and boxed in by a phalanx.

>Player

As many as the QM can realistically keep track of, honestly.
>>
>>1706240
I'd be interested, it sounds fun.
>>
>>1706240
Also you best be reading Vigilantes
>>
>>1706406
yooooooo, I didn't think there were others that still remember Matryoshka Civ. Do you run anything that has a similar level of control over tactics?
>>
>>1706440

I saw it mentioned in a "quests you miss" thread a while back, which really surprised me. I'm not actually sure, I'm running a dark fantasy sort of thing that's intended to turn into a kingdom-building/dynasty-founding story, so eventually: it's more heavily based on Aspiring Emperor Quest of old than anything I've run before, and right now it's more of a Decadent Empire Court Intrigue quest than anything.
>>
>>1706439
Never heard of it, sauce?

I can always use inspiration.
>>
File: 220px-Ye_not_guilty_(Big_O).jpg (8KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Ye_not_guilty_(Big_O).jpg
8KB, 220x165px
American Arcana Quest's recap is complete, open for questions, newcomers, and the like.
>>1699285
>>
>>1706623
Spinoff with people unlicensed as heros going around doing semi-hero stuff outside of the law.
>>
>>1706650
oh the side manga with the crawly guy, yeah, I'm reading that too.
>>
For anyone interested yet another jojo's bizarre adventure quest is starting right now (Sorry for being really late had to work overtime)

>>1706685
>>1706685
>>1706685
>>
File: snake_dens_by_llamllam-d7vkb0q.jpg (73KB, 1280x546px) Image search: [Google]
snake_dens_by_llamllam-d7vkb0q.jpg
73KB, 1280x546px
I had a Quest idea I'd like to run after I finish Sorcerers Return (would require signifcant prep work), gonna sound it off here and see whether it's any good.

Basically a Civ game with the players nation having a history generated in a way similar to King of Dragon Pass that determines its reputation, culture, outlook, and starting tech/abilities. The players proper civilization starts by settling on a fronter planet given as a reward after victory over a hostile living sun. The universe is based on gory old scifi B-movies, especially the ones that either ripped from or inspired Alien, and humanity has developed an expansionist ethos of Conquer or Die: the only path to survival being to go out into the dark and wrest secrets from alien ruins on dead worlds and the corpses of monsters lurking in the black between stars. Things get more complicated when evidence begins to emerge that the new frontier is running up against the quarantine boundary of a potentially sane interstellar civilization seeking to keep the madness and horror of our haunted home stars contained.

Too ambitious or sound good? What would you like to see in a quest like it?
>>
>>1707914
Not really a fan of civ games personally, but there isn't really such a thing as too ambitious as long as you can write it effectively.
>>
Um... Yugioh Aspiring Duelist Quest is once again attempting to continue?
http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/1707993#bottom

>>1702319
>Favourite moment
I'm gonna be kinda vauge but that's whenever the players come up with some good play I did not anticipate or imagined differently. Which thankfully happens from time to time.

>>1703571
>Origin
Isn't this as good of a place to start as any?
Anyways read quests since /tg/ times.

>Permanent injuries
I think they're very important in serious quest. It's additional incentive to think things through and be watchful for the players.
>>
>>1707914
Do it faggot.
>>
>QM Question
The best moments are the reactions of the anons when things go terribly wrong, or amazingly right.

Ironically them accidentally exploding a major plot character is one of my favourites, because it turned my whole plan for the storyline on its head. Forced me to throw pages of QM notes out the window, but replacing it with the new material was fun.

>Player Question
I'll answer this as a QM. I've noticed that many anons value a central cohort of characters (anywhere between 3-10) and care less about the others, some to the point of 'literally who?'

There's no set number in my opinion, but without a visual image in their head or the occasional post concerning them anons won't take much notice of them. When you've got so many characters that the ones anons like are ignored then it becomes a problem.

>>1703571
>Where did you come from?
I'm a /tg/ baby, never heard of quests or even tried DnD before it. Migrated here after the Great Exile.

>Permanent injuries
I'm curious on this as well. The general indication seems to be that unless its bullshit or ruins the character its fine. Are crit-fails in combat enough to justify this? Black Company's MC suffered a serious disfigurement after a bad roll (and the choice to pursue the traitor alone), and even a portion of the anons were salty about it.
>>
>>1703571
>How do you feel about permanent injuries?

depends on the system, it being part of a high letahlity setting/system is well and good and sometimes should be an inherent risk to fighting
>>
I just spent an hour writing a probably overly complicated set up to a Game of Thrones Hedge Knight Adventure Quest.

Anyone interested?
>>
>>1708169
No, but there's no reason for you to not post it anyways.

You can see how terribly busy this thread is.
>>
>>1707914
>generated
I feel like your quest will die at this step.
>>
>>1702319
Tfw no active discord invite
>>
Folks, I'm planning on running a semi-historical quest with fantastical elements with the PC as the commander of a distant outpost of the Chinese Emperor, commanding the so called Jade Gate, a crumbling fortification and small town, acting as the official border of the dynasty.

Arduous months of travel away from an uncaring capital, defending an isolated husk of an outpost from nomadic raiders, Oasis-Kingdoms, and the armies of usurpers. Intrigue, profiteering, warfare, settlement building all bundled into one vaguely pulpy silk-road adventure.

If that sounds like something that would interest you, I can always appreciate some suggestions before proceedings begin, which I plan to be in two days time.
>>
>>1708073
to be fair with black company, anyone will be salty if their character gets injured, nobody actually wants permanent injuries, but at the same time Prince's injuries were given fairly and ultimately didn't impede him to an extreme degree. Most anons were fine with it after the initial thread, with a lot of them being more salty about the fail and getting the wound than the wound itself, so I'd say Black Company actually did Permanent injury to the MC very well.
>>
>>1708554
>something that doesn't sound like trash
what r u doin m8
>>
File: mq37.gif (129KB, 372x324px) Image search: [Google]
mq37.gif
129KB, 372x324px
Melancholic Quest will probably be back Friday
>>
>>1708589
Aha sir, it may not sound like trash, but I assure you, I will conform to the proper production standards as best I may.
>>
>>1708609
Post your start time in a convertible unit a bit or day before you run pls. Only real suggestion I can think of.
>>
>>1708253

Well, less generate than build. Basically going to be ripping from the KoDP clan-creation start.
>>
>>1709272
I feel like you missed the point here. Someone DID try to do KoDP, and it failed before they actually got the clan setup since the creation step is so....messy. And long.
>>
File: PunishingWorld4.jpg (221KB, 600x986px) Image search: [Google]
PunishingWorld4.jpg
221KB, 600x986px
PUNISHER QUEST: Join us as Michael Gloss, a 60 year old veteran and the newest Punisher since the disappearance of Frank Castle.

>>1710046
>>
>>1710374

There's been multiple KoDP playthroughs on /tg/ and somethingawful. The all-time greatest, sadly archived only on Foolz and now gone, was the Runic Men playthrough that I believe got all the way up to the end-game. On old /tg/ the Clan Creation took about a third of the first thread and made everyone more attached to the little barbarians. I remember distinctly because I voted for befriending the Dragons to keep the trend of knowledge-hoarding going. So on a platform with more traffic like Akun it would be entirely doable.
>>
File: 1499710317533.png (624KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499710317533.png
624KB, 1280x720px
>>1706240
Do it.
>>
>>1706240
I mean if it was only tangentially related to Canon it would pretty awesome

Do it faggot
>>
What are some memorable quests that aren't animu shit that you've participated/read, anon? I am looking for something new to chase with Black Company coming to a close soon.
>>
>>1712291

The classic Frost Giantess quest, although I dropped out in the early threads and never caught back up. That one where the character is a human mind transferred to a ship waking up thousands of years after the fall of the Empire was fun, but died right when I caught up and started participating. Can't think of any others, although I know I've participated in a lot of them.
>>
>>1712291
Historical fictions Crusader quest

Fathers House Malory quest

Ouro's lamplighter quest

Soma's avatar quest (for all the wrong reason)

The two Romance of the three kingdoms quest
>>
>>1712291

Current:
Hive Queen Quest
Cinderella Sanction
Burden's Monster Quest

Historical:
Shadow Quest
Dungeon Life Quest
Void Quest
Writer-dude's Dragon Quest
Commander Quest
Doppleganger Damacy
>>
>>1712291
Northern Beasts
Sleeping Gods(japanese, but not animu)
Holy Sword
Broken Sky Online
Deniable Assets
Extranatural Enforcer
Hive Queen
Lamplighter
SMT quests of various flavors
Dungeon Officer
Dungeon....border patrol? Forgot name.
>>
>>1712291
Aside from some already mentioned:
This Wretched Sea
Panzer Commander
Nerv Bridge Simulator (hardly animu despite source material)
Valen Quest (you'd have to read all the archives though 'cause it's heavily based on clue gathering)
>>
>>1712616
valen quest almost made me ragequit with all the Forgettings but damn if that isn't a great quest
>>
>>1712291
Pretty much most of this >>1712526

and
Homeless Mutant
Hellborn
Banished
>>
>>1712291
N A Z I S I N F A N T A S Y L A N D
>>
>>1712291
Aspiring Emperor Quest.
>>
>>1712291
TG META QUEST: Stumble through the metaverse and try not get pulled by the orz.
>>
File: Sadness.gif (448KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
Sadness.gif
448KB, 500x275px
>>1712655
>Homeless Mutant
Too fucking soon. That was probably the best quest I've been part of.
>>
>>1712291
NERV HQ

Fucking NERV HQ gave me emotions.
>>
File: 1447881214616.jpg (217KB, 1280x963px) Image search: [Google]
1447881214616.jpg
217KB, 1280x963px
12ish hours until The Jade Gate Quest begins!

Join us as we begin our journey as the commanding officer of a small outpost garrison on the far-flung border checkpoint of the Chinese empire, surrounded on all sides by horse nomads and oasis kingdoms except for along the tiny strip of land connecting your fortress to a distant homeland to which you are alone among the garrison in having ventured to.

Rebuild the ruined fortress in all its glory! Build the small town on the verges of the fortified land into a silk road metropolis! Lead your meagre forces to glory, training them into the most skilled and devoted fighting force in the great western expanse! Win honour for yourself and your clan alike!

All manner of tasks are to be undertaken, all manner of foes to be faced, all manner of strife, hardship and glory to be had, but above all else, the Jade Gate must hold.

If you're in the mood for some pulpy, semi-historical strategy-adventuring, with elements ranging from personal conflict to geopolitical usurpation, join me tomorrow morning for the first session of The Jade Gate Quest, as our Protagonist finishes the last leg of the journey to his posting as Legate of the Jade Gate. What terrors await him in the trackless wastes? What bandits, beasts and riddles will he have to conquer before he can do as his Emperor commands?

Find out in The Jade Gate Quest, Session 1: Journies to the West!
>>
>>1713534
Journeys*, prospective QM-san.
>>
>>1713549
I cannot live with this shame. Goodnight, oh cruel and beautiful world, may I be remembered by my friends for my successes, and not for my failure.

(Thanks, I always get that wrong)
>>
File: OfI6V02.jpg (547KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
OfI6V02.jpg
547KB, 3840x2160px
Reforge the Empire that will reign in peace for 10,000 years.

>>1713595
>>1713595
>>1713595

Dark Empire Quest
>>
>>1712513
>Void Quest
>Writer-dude's Dragon Quest
>Commander Quest

My nigga
>>
>>1713534
Looking forward to it!
>>
>>1712616
>Panzer Commander

I see this recommended sometimes, but I look at the first few threads and it seems really slow and boring...whats the draw
>>
I'm looking at cyoas to turn into quests, but I dont think it will work since they all require a chargen. Should I just not bother, or make a preset char?
>>
>>1712291
I mean...does Magical Girl for Hire count? Like, it SOUNDS animu by the title, but we do a lot of not-animu killings and shit.
>>
>>1713900
make 3 presets

>>1713534
sounds neat
>>
>>1713900
>>1714163
>Make 3 presets.
This.

Also, don't post the CYOA as the op image. Bonus points for not posting it at all but just referencing it or posting it in your discord server. (I'm not saying just rip the story and fuck the author of the story I'm just saying use it as a building block) It's cheesy, the image as the op, and usually doesn't attract the amount of people you want. Put story in the forefront and use the CYOA as a basis for what you're trying to do then build from that using your own imagination. Using a CYOA is kinda lazy but if you try you can make it work very well.
>>
>>1712526
FUCK.

broken sky online is pretty damn good. did op ever finish? I got up to date during January-February and then I left for a while.
>>
>>1714279
>>1714163
What they said.
>>
File: The Spire.jpg (319KB, 1024x639px) Image search: [Google]
The Spire.jpg
319KB, 1024x639px
Decisions to be made in Trawler Quest, as you begin to explore the ancient Spire alongside and at the behest of madmen.

>>1702319
>>
>>1714338
I'm a fucking idiot, here's the actual quest.

>>1698144
>>
>>1714345
Forgiven Sribe, happens to the best of us. By the way, I love your quest aesthetic and concept, but I feel I'm too far behind to catch up!

Maybe I'll binge the archive soon and try to get up to speed . . .
>>
NeetM, on the off chance you're here, please don't let NEETquest die. It's the singular sandbox quest that's ever been worth anything on here, and you're actually giving it some structure without railroading.

pls don't abandon us
>>
>>1714279
Whats wrong with using a structure for worldbuilding that is arguably better than what I would come up with? If anything, it jumpstarts a qst without me having to risk putting too much thought into a qst that may die.
>>
>>1714784
People like their quests to be stories and/or games

Good games don't worldbuild for hours before getting the plot moving, nor do good stories.

It's the same reason you don't chargen, to skip all the stupid bullshit that nobody agrees on anyways.
>>
>>1714807
>no chargen meme
Chargen is fine so long as you aren't stupid about it
>>
>>1714807
You wouldnt need to worldbuild for hours if the cyoa does it for you though
>>
>>1714306
He's suuuuper busy. Syl lurks from time to time, but BSO is shelved on a long term scale.
>>
>>1714306
It's dead
>>
>>1714837
>aren't stupid
wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg
>>
>>1714884
No, instead you get to wait with your thumb up your ass while people disagree on which setting they want

Much better I agree
>>
>>1714687
COME AND JOIN THE BEST QUEST TO HAVE EVER EXISTED!!!
>>
File: tumblr_mxk1ws6aig1sj8mbro1_500.jpg (44KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxk1ws6aig1sj8mbro1_500.jpg
44KB, 500x260px
>>1715202
wat
>>
Jade Gate Quest Session one has begun! Join our protagonist as he faces the first obstacles on his rise to greatness!

>>1715320
>>
>>1715323
gl man, hope ya have fun. will probably check it out friday night
>>
>>1715337
Thanks, I'm sure with enough interest I'll have a wonderful time. I can only hope the players have as much of a good time.
>>
Odd request/question. What Quest did/does lewdbins best? I dont mean "best" i mean integrated them best with thr story, most well written or presented.

I have only encountered lewds sporradically in the wild. Right now thr only example I can think of is pokemon island.

Any advice or pitfalls to avoid for trying to include them in an otherwise straight-faced game?
>>
>>1715390
Don't have smut, idiot.
>>
>>1715390
HMQ did fade to black, then the author did the lewd scene in a pastebin while pretending he didn't enjoy writing them. They were great.
>>
>>1715459
They also derailed the quest
>>
>>1715460
Yeah. I remember when I for some reason though Pokemon Island Adventure wouldn't haven people voting for the smut option every time. Even after meditating on doing less sex stuff in character.
>>
HEADS UP!
Another Dragon Ball Quest is live!
>>1715693
>>
>>1715463
>Even after meditating on doing less sex stuff in character.
It's hilarious you thought that'd ever mean anything.
>>
>>1715390
Crusader quest we got maybe 9 and less then half of them had actual content but that half were AMAZING
>>
File: 1447479716942.jpg (171KB, 1280x545px) Image search: [Google]
1447479716942.jpg
171KB, 1280x545px
>>1715933
Fleets of God Quest is up, deus vult!
>>
Thinking about it, this is probably a question for an entire thread, but what do you all think was the biggest off the rails moment in any Quest you've ever played?
>>
>>1715960
From what the qm has told us, seducing an enemy ace changed almost the entire story.
>>
>>1715977
What quest?
>>
>>1716063
Mecha Space Pirate
>>
File: 1490751745950.jpg (2MB, 4000x3059px) Image search: [Google]
1490751745950.jpg
2MB, 4000x3059px
Starcaller Quest is running.
>>1716112
>>1716112
>>1716112
>>
>>1715960
>Your Knight Sir Donovan Flint is in a different portal.

>I'm going to kill your party because I'm done with the quest.

>If you want that waifu you have to betray and kill the rest.

>The energy of the world prevents you from healing here.

>Yes you're routelocked, no you can't find out why. Why you mad tho? VN.

>Well you left them offscreen. They're gone now. Toughen up kids.

Hard pick senpai.
>>
>>1715960
Possibly firing our sidearm at the ceiling and yelling. Though that might just be most entertaining.
>>
>>1715977
>Blatant haremshit quest
>Not expecting the players to seduce the enemy

Your QM is lying. This was planned for.
>>
>>1715960
Waifuing a riot shield.
>>
>>1716240
Yeah. That did happen.
>>
Got inspired at the moment and made a quest.

Can you survive this alien battlefield and get back to earth?

>>1716403
>>1716403
>>
>>1715960
Destroying pretty much everything we've built throughout most of the quest and giving the Heavenly Host the pretense to descend and disperse our army by not taking things seriously enough.
>>
What ever happened to...
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/158107/
>>
File: MPpGWt5.png (94KB, 1472x679px) Image search: [Google]
MPpGWt5.png
94KB, 1472x679px
>>1716788

MQ is up and running finally
>>
Ha. Looks like it's ripe for a harvest. Posting in about an hour or more.

>>1715202
Oh that looks like a fantastic quest.
>>
>>1706468
And is it running today or what?
>>
>>1716912
>Mortician's not ded
HYPE
>>
File: IMG_0007.jpg (51KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0007.jpg
51KB, 640x362px
>>1716927
>>
>>1716927
You cant kill that which is unkillable
>>
>>1716240
Wait, what?

>>1716136
I'd love to hear stories about all of these.
>>
After a slight break in the session, Starcaller is running yet again!
>>1717074
>>1717074
>>1717074
>>
>>1717103
>Riot shield
Riot shield-chan is a popular waifu in NERV Bridge Simulator.

Likely due to extreme, weaponozed T H I C C C N E S S

#NotMyWaifu
>>
File: Basic advice for new QMs.png (444KB, 2952x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Basic advice for new QMs.png
444KB, 2952x1066px
Afternoon everyone. For those uninitiated I am a /qtg/ entity who posts short quips about a dead quest. These posts are for those who wish to know why the board is filled with withering carcasses of failed ideas. I am not a review anon. I am not a constant. I am not your superior. I am not your inferior. I am the mortician and today I will show you why I am here.

Preface:
I don't do series. I'm not in-depth with any of my comments about quests. If you wish for something more I can take a look at it but at most you can get a text post.

Friday, 28th of July.

>>1692161
Draw Quest. Seemed simple enough and after three minutes of ops post he gets a reply. Then he returns after ten. Another ten pass and an anon replies and then the op says it's too late. 6 days later the thread was found dead at page ten. The first and most important post, his op, entered with the "what do" pitfall and was unattractive to the catalog. The next is his writing being terse and un attractive to most players who, in observation, requires sustenance in their reading. The art was poorly done. Pronounced dead.

>>1686724
Civ game. Op was new and hadn't lurked enough. You need certain points that need to be presented at the beginning of the quest. Pronounced dead.

>>1683163
>>1694392
>>1701584
Reason why we need a mod in /qst/. If you want to do something do it. If you want to test or talk to somewhat about ideas, use /qtg/. Also, more importantly, Lurk more. /qst/ isn't your personal dumpster, don't shit up the board with needless questions.

>>1683124
Quest. Needlessly vague options. First option seems like it would make no difference in what you would choose. Your players want to have the feeling as their choices mean something and having meaningless choices doesn't do that. The writing is nice though formatting is off. Pronounced dead.

>>1688752
Quest. Op disappeared due to time between posts. Manage time better, the board is slow and likely players won't be waiting for you or sitting at the edge of their seats. The first thread is the snowball each consecutive thread will be it rolling and adding snow. Pronounced dead.

>>1683137
Quest. Format your fucking text. Pronounced dead.

>>1690704
Post. Thanks for the text? Pronounced dead.

>>1688876
Quest. "what do" pitfall, it's common and kills quests fast. If you cant think of a way out of Box A to Box B then neither can your players. Pronounced dead.

>>1701632
Quest. See above.

>>1706590
Quest. Unattractive to catalog. Op disappeared though I'm not too sure why. The writing is fine and he had several players reply. Pronounced dead.

>>1704786
Civ game. Op posts and the disappears. Pronounced dead.

>>1708279
Quest. Holy tg shit storm. "Chargen" pitfall then ip change. Pronounced dead.

>>1704755
Draw Quest. Yeah.. unattractive from catalog. Pronounced dead.

Surprisingly enough there are very few quests which ended this week.
>>
>>1715960
>Listen to the demon and stab self in heart
>Kill the Reaper
>Tell the chucklefuck who wants to destroy the world where one of the ancient seals is in exchange for lessons
tough choice
>>
>>1717293
>I am not a constant.
I wish you were though.
>>
>>1717535
gaaaay
>>
File: 1469661129943.jpg (58KB, 332x375px) Image search: [Google]
1469661129943.jpg
58KB, 332x375px
>>1717562
>>
File: 1499257270747.jpg (31KB, 480x390px) Image search: [Google]
1499257270747.jpg
31KB, 480x390px
>>1715960
>Players literally fell into an ancient temple
>Players explore and stuff
>Fight some undead
>Fight a really string undead
>Entities powering undead get really upset at something they do
>Players don't run away
>Super Entity thing comes out and fuck the MC up
>Players don't run away
>MC goes temporarily blind from the amounts of pure force and sound the thing blasted them with
>Players choose to try and absorb the entities magic
>Confused Black Man.jpg
>Players successfully drain the entity but almost die in the process
>Give players some primal magic
>And a husbando entity that was planning on murdering every single person the MC would ever love and then kill him last

I must have offered atleast 4 options to run away. I find it funny because I was fully prepared to kill them and 1d100s was just edging me on
>>
>>1716235
>Blatant haremshit quest
Except it isn't.
>>
File: IMG_9939.jpg (50KB, 720x647px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9939.jpg
50KB, 720x647px
>>1717535
>>
>>1715960
Evil Precure Quest. When the players just gave up and surrendered to the 'good guys' in thread 1
>>
Any way I could get some quest names as to what these happened in, like >>1717627, or >>1717412

Also I never read Evil Precure Quest but that's impressive in a strange way. What was it intended to be and all that?
>>
>>1718303
Mine was off site

https://fiction.live/stories/Exalted-Age/4P7nzMogBzBPFjd4R/Andruil-s-Temple/775DB4poX9BDrgzvR
>>
So why can't any of you assholes just let people know that you aren't going to be running when you said you would?
>>
>>1718369
QMs aren't really people y'know? They're like disappointment elementals or something.
>>
>>1718372
>Disappointment elementals
You have no idea how much this idea fills me with concern, after what happened with an elemental of personal insecurity and self-doubt.
>>
>>1718303
Librarian Quest. Involves very few books.
Forgot the name, remembered the event. Quest itself didn't last long.
New MMO quest
>>
>>1718231
Why?
>>
>>1717293
he's back!
>>
File: Definetly not haremshit.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Definetly not haremshit.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>1717711
>Except it isn't.

Pffthahahaha. It's practically advertised.
>>
>>1718941
>those edges
Fucks sake you can't just magic wand shit and call it a day.
>>
>>1718941
>Judge quest by one bad fan art
Come on anon you can do better.
>>
>>1718979
This fan art has been used as a thread pic, so it's evidently QM approved.
>>
>>1718979
It's the OP. And regardless of it being fanart it's still indicative of what the quest is about: mecha and the standard as fuck powerfantasy haremshit.
>>
Bolt u no hero quest when?
>>
File: hitler_1881083c.jpg (37KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
hitler_1881083c.jpg
37KB, 460x287px
>>1719032
What did they mean by this?
>>
File: Quest Header.jpg (32KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
Quest Header.jpg
32KB, 564x564px
Metahuman Quest is now live!
>>
>>1718372
That's pretty accurate I think.
>>
>>1719457
Can confirm, the only person I disappoint more than my friends and family is myself.
>>
File: 100% Sad.jpg (65KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
100% Sad.jpg
65KB, 640x960px
>>1718372
>players show up, GM doesn't
>GM shows up, players don't
Except me. I'm always there.
>>
File: IMG_9493.gif (139KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9493.gif
139KB, 500x278px
>>1719032
Boku no hero Academia? When you make it.

I'd read that shit because there hasn't been many hero quests recently anyways. Except that one-off quest.
>>
>>1719032
When one of the DBZ quests dies.
So never ever
>>
Alright. One day I decided I couldn't find a Quest that appealed to me. So, I made the Quest I wanted to see on this board. It was actually a lot of fun, but it really opened my eyes to how stressful it is to be a QM. It had a healthy amount of players, with 3-5 votes per decision. Regardless, I ended it after a little under a month of running on weekends. I think I'd written about 80-85 posts that averaged 2000-2200 words each before I stopped.

So, I have newfound respect for people who do these long-running quests. I always admired them putting in the work (and time—so much time), but some things just don't click unless you do it for yourself. I now know how life just gets in the way sometimes and how sometimes Questing just burns you out, especially after a 12 hour session. While I won't ever not be disappointed that a Quest I like is being discontinued suddenly, I will have a deeper understanding of the various reasons and feelings for which an author might do so.

tl;dr Thanks for being awesome, QMs.
>>
>>1720467
fuk u
>>
File: 4L_yxr3MO0q.jpg (37KB, 400x447px) Image search: [Google]
4L_yxr3MO0q.jpg
37KB, 400x447px
>>1720477
>>
>>1720467
Cheers mate
>>
>>1718372
>disappointment elementals

I chuckled.
>>
>>1720467
>being an enabler

nah piss on you
>>
>>1723113
Fag
>>
Has anyone here ever tried proxy-posting as a player in one of your own games, not to rig dice rolls or anything like that, but just to make it appear like someone wanted to play it, on the hope that eventually others would get involved and you could at least have a reliable playerbase of 2 or so people?

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>1723135
DId it several times. But not on 4chan.
Once even played as 2 different peoples and a QM in a multiplayer quest. It was one of my biggest mistakes.
>>
>>1723139
that's hilarious
>>
>>1723139
>It was one of my biggest mistakes.
Storytime?
>>
>>1723187
This board is already dead what the fuck could you possibly do
>>
>>1723161
>Storytime?
If I recall correctly it was a quest about an Aliens Invading Earth. With reverse d100 and a burning shit of a system, which was made to emulate blind X-com rookies in the first place.
Got 10 players and 2 "QM characters" into that.

Eventually evryone started to romance each other. So as a joke I did it with my characters as well. In the middle of lewd scene I forgot wich one I am currently doing and fucked up. Everyone noticed that and Some of them left. Afte that quest gone downhill pretty fast.
Also one of the characters name was "Anime Protagonist' because when we where generating one of the players joked about: "Nat 100 on Psionic power and I will make a Harem Anime Protagonist."
In the end he was the only one who didn't get any sexuall action.
>>
>>1723255
I have to reiterate how hilarious this is.
>>
Is thereere a way at all to do a racing quest properly? Have there been any quests about racing before?
>>
>>1723371
Yeah the guy running "Vampire Hunter Adventure Thing" did one on /qst/ for several threads, and it did pretty well.
I think it's a bad premise for a quest though.
>>
>>1723371
You'd probably need some sort of intrigue between races. Use them as a backdrop for a greater story.

F-Zero quest where you play as a rival bounty hunter to Captain Falcon perhaps?
>>
>>1723371
There's a massive problem in that for a racing quest to feel fast paced and nerve straining as it should be, it would need to be lightning quick, and qst is far from that. You'd need the readers and pace of somebody big, so if you're small you'd likely be out of fucking luck.
>>
>>1723255
Please tell me this whole thing was done drunk
>>
>>1723135
Not quite what your looking for but there's always Velo
>>
>>1723466
Some of it, yes.
Speaking of being drunk. Run quest once, where main character was Alcohol Mage. Who could cast spells only when drunk. Among his spells where:
Throw Titanium Rainbow Crowbar.
Find a Coin.
Find Exit.
Paint Room Blue.
Transform Brain Into Vodka.
>>
>>1719366
>>1719366
>>1719366
>>1719366

Metahuman Quest is live again!
>>
File: The Auxiliary Port.jpg (309KB, 1024x639px) Image search: [Google]
The Auxiliary Port.jpg
309KB, 1024x639px
Trawler Quest has been running for a while, and will be running for a few more hours! Explore an ancient auxiliary base and learn about the secrets of the past!

>>1698144
>>
File: Ixion.gif (20KB, 199x199px) Image search: [Google]
Ixion.gif
20KB, 199x199px
American Arcana is online: Boss fight against Martinez's Monster Ixion!
>>1725757
>>1725757
>>1725757
>>
>>1726699
>>1726699

Panzer Commander is running for another week or so. Irregularly, but I'll try and make updates as timely as possible.

...which involves NOT WASTING TIME ON STUPID ANIMATED DIALOGUE PORTRAITS CHRIST
>>
This is why we need a mod sweet jesus make it stop.
>>1725160
>>1725160
>>
File: 4L_1MMq8Ce0.png (733KB, 760x839px) Image search: [Google]
4L_1MMq8Ce0.png
733KB, 760x839px
>Quest based on /u/ source material
>OP has already shown the MC has breasts
>the vote is about naming
>lol let's vote to be male
>>
>>1727306
>Yurifags have to deal with anons voting for hetero and ruining their quest
Shoes on the other foot now isn't it.
>>
>>1727310
Dude. I don't even care about the MC's gender. I just find it ridiculous that anons try to have a gender vote where there is no gender vote.
>>
>>1727042
I agree. Or at least a few janitors to clean up the board every now and then. Though thats not the biggest problem nor the best way to address said big problem.
>>
>>1727413
What is the biggest problem to your mind, mortician?
>>
>>1727431
bad chargen zero thought introductions bland OP images with unattractive first posts with unformated text and QMs who've never lurked and can't into time management who also just vanish and have never read or played quests before
just guessing randomly tho
maybe a blanket thing
"inexperienced, unplanned atrociously low-effort attempts atg" o QMinr something
>>
>>1723371
HIGH BEAT MUSIC
>>
>>1723413
>You'd probably need some sort of intrigue between races. Use them as a backdrop for a greater story.

Well, doing those weird Speed Racer plots didn't go too well for Cyber Formula and it got dropped halfway through the tv show before they doubled down on actual racing.

You know, the whole "snatch Asurada in the middle of the race, or use another race car to smash it, or send in helicopters to shoot missiles at it in the middle of the race" kind of shenanigans.
>>
>>1728435
>>1728435
>>1728435
For anyone interested yet another jojo quest is running
>>
Since Wong doesn't have a twitter Mecha Space Pirate is running
http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/1728579#top
>>
>>1728467

I always felt that the failure of those storylines and the subsequent success of the more racing-focused stories in Cyber Formula (Up until SAGA anyway) kind of proved that you need to know your audience and know the tone of your show/quest more than having a great idea or a good hook.

Also, I do think that a Speed Racer kind of quest could work, as it could be more about wacky shenanigans and not have the pressure of more modern racing realities (IE sponsorship). Plus, crazy kind of settings for races, cool cars with the possibilty of a simplified upgrade system and a small-ish cast of characters (10 max for an racing team in the 1950's-60's).

And of course, you could always pull an Archer and just have cellphones and the Internet as an anachronism... And yes, if I had time I would run a racing quest myself.
>>
File: Blitz5.gif (540KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Blitz5.gif
540KB, 1024x768px
Apotheosis

>>1705648

Atlast the end is near.

The sweet relief of oblivion is at hand.
>>
I have a question to anyone who is familiar with Akun's culture.
I have a first-post to a quest sitting on Akun. It's been sitting there since last November I haven't quite found the time to start it, but that is soon about to change.

When I press 'publish', it will show the publish date as November of last year, right? Because that's when I made the post. Is that a huge turn-off to see a quest with very few posts that has a "start" date be an entire year ago for new players, even if it is technically a new quest? Would I be better off making a new story that might have a more up-to-date timestamp?

Am I overthinking this?
>>
>>1729048
You might want to ask Main Chat on Akun
>>
>>1729094
Shipgirl Commander session is a go.
>>
>>1728827
I wish to add that, every other new Speed Racer/MachGGG kept blowing up on itself, movie included.

Makes you think, huh?
>>
>>1728827
Never really liked how shoving Wacky Races in Speed Racer, or shoving it in racing anything.

In practice it kind of seriously hurt the Speed Racer movie in that aspect, alongside shoehorning in Hot Wheels product placement.
>>
>QM question
In Contractor Quest, probably when my players shit stomped the manhunters during a mission that was supposed to be grueling and gritty. Instead, they just fucking ate their lunch. Zero mercy.

In Norseman Saga, probably any time there's a friendly sparring match where Haskell just destroys his friends, then rolls super mediocre in actual life or death combat.

Speaking of Norseman Saga, that bitch is running today at ~6 central.

>Player question
Depends on a few things, like how good the QM is, how different the characters are, how often they show up. That type of thing.
>>
File: f7b370c271d9867030b65a1f92b52254.jpg (554KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f7b370c271d9867030b65a1f92b52254.jpg
554KB, 1600x1200px
Dark Empire continues.

>>1731183
>>1731183
>>1731183

Peace. Justice. Order. Empire.
>>
Where is that faggot prosper at?
>>
>>1731598
Pretty sure he did the world a favor and an hero
>>
File: tumblr_obrm94489L1s4fz4bo1_500.gif (1012KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obrm94489L1s4fz4bo1_500.gif
1012KB, 500x281px
Alien: Eternal Lie continues

>>1734750
>>1734750

Even dead gods dream . . .
>>
Color text was like spoiler text right?
>>
>>1735201
dead board, who cares
>>
>>1734462
It keeps happening, maybe we should make sure the next OP of the general is more active in here so people see that there is general
>>
>>1729048
Wait there's a publish date?

Also nobody would care
>>
File: mig.jpg (404KB, 1200x898px) Image search: [Google]
mig.jpg
404KB, 1200x898px
Had several ideas for a Gantz quest in my head for a while now.

Would QST be interested in an alien death game, with waifus, perma-death, and giant black balls?
>>
>>1738046
>perma-death
What does this even mean? Death is usually permanent anon.

Or is this just code for "I'll kill your character if you roll a 1, that's XCOM baby!'
>>
>>1738066
This is the weird thing about Gantz in that it does operate on XCOM rules, but kicks you while you're down only if you let it.

Characters die in it very easily and through very unlucky or unfair circumstances, but can be brought back to life if you're good enough to get them back.
>>
>>1738066
So perhaps not perma death, but more like 'get good' or enjoy perma death.
>>
>>1738160
>>1738160

Dark Empire Quest continues
>>
Tomorrow.
>>
>>1738074
So it's hard because it's unfair or is it unfair because it's hard? Meaning is it just random "Le boulders fall, party dies" or is it, "You step on a trap you forgot to disarm and you and three of your friends explode because of carelessness."

Two very distinct, yet very easily to mix up, concepts.
>>
pXfcXZJ has expired, someone post a new discord invite.
>>
File: diesel.jpg (112KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
diesel.jpg
112KB, 500x750px
Dieselquest: Mad Max meets the Great Gatsby in an odyssey up the East Coast.
>>1737852
>>1737852
>>1737852
>>
File: 20131222213203a0dnx6vcsz6qfhlc.jpg (87KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
20131222213203a0dnx6vcsz6qfhlc.jpg
87KB, 640x427px
Yet another jojo's bizarre adventure quest is running if anyone's interested
>>
>>1738354
Fuck forgot to link

>>1738328
>>1738328
>>1738328
>>
>>1738079
I don't see anything wrong with it so long as you can communicate that tone in the introductory phase of the quest. People who enjoy those kinds of risks will be attracted by it, those who aren't will avoid it, so it's a good idea to be clear beforehand without necessarily giving away how you intend the players to deal with the situations they're thrust into.

It is however something that relies on well characterized and diverse characters, otherwise it falls flat or silly or unintentionally hilarious, like Gantz does. This applies to any quest or game with likable characters that can die. People very extensively judge just how much of any character's demise is their fault or the QM laying out unfair circumstances they can't contend with, but if you establish the tone that the world is unfair from the beginning they can get past that fairly quickly and if you're lucky they'll apply themselves.

However, do it too heavy-handed and the emphasis will get lost in translation and most won't see any point in trying if things are really so hopeless.
You picked a difficult tone, and will need strong characters to carry it, likable and not, and it will be a good idea to stay far away from antagonizing players about the possibility of death. Or sans that last part and have yourself a blast.
>>
>>1702319
welp should have done this earlier me thinks

>>1738560
>>1738560
>>1738560

As a newly appointed Pale officer, Anil Basdrov is sent to an old and decrepit two called Utobra on the accounts of a murder that may or may not have involved the use of arcane.
>>
>>1738046
You'll need well-thought combat system. It should be harsh, but fair at the same time. For example, the combat in the Xcom Trooper Quest is extremely swingy and stacked in players' favor at the same time, which is bad for the mood.

You'll need good-written characters since the series put an accent on how person's bad character traits are exposed and magnified in battle.

You'll need good OC enemies.

>Waifus
Don't know about that one. IIRC, the series general tone is "Too busy trying not to die to care about that."
>>
>>1739359
>the combat in the Xcom Trooper Quest is extremely swingy and stacked in players' favor at the same time, which is bad for the mood
But that's literally the point of XCOM so I guess it can be excused in this case? "THAT'S XCOM BABY" exists for a reason.
>>
>>1739435
>"THAT'S XCOM BABY" exists for a reason.
True, but there are limits to that. Best of 3 + opposing rolls cause such probability distribution that critical failure has higher chance to happen than ordinary failure. And on average crit fail/crit success will happen roughly on every third DC.
>>
File: that's x-com baybee.jpg (453KB, 1393x779px) Image search: [Google]
that's x-com baybee.jpg
453KB, 1393x779px
>>1739532
>critical failure has higher chance to happen than ordinary failure
>on average crit fail/crit success will happen roughly on every third DC
That's literally the point. See pic related.
>>
File: 1447487827918.png (2MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1447487827918.png
2MB, 1200x675px
Fleets of God quest is up.

>>1739870
>>
>>1739015
upon his arrival, he made acquaintance with the town's Mykre and his daughter . Anil confiscated the Mykre's cane which may have been falsely verified in the ministry of arcane leaving sour first impression at the get-go.

A guard called Borgol and the Mykre's daughter , Pamont, were to serve his household until his investigation was complete, The guard later on turned out to be a construct of clay and stone namely called the branded.

Said Construct brought a message from the man Anil was supposed to meet in the morning for a full report on the body, The captain of the town's guard and the son of the Myrke himself. In this message, he informed Anil that the corpse was stolen from the morgue under the guise of last night, Anil's presence was required.

We are getting started so anyone can jump in.
>>
>>1739359
This talk about "swingy" is interesting. Could you expand upon the statistics?

I'm curious in general about how a system's resolution mechanics influence mood. I get basic distribution, like a 1d20 roll or 3d6. But it gets a bit beyond me when it starts getting to 3 people rolling and stuff.

Are there any good resources about this sort of stuff?
>>
>>1740716
You just need to know a little more about conditional probability. For example, here's something I was debating using:

Roll 1d100, best of three:
01-50: It's gone horribly wrong!
51-80: There's been some complications...
81-95: Brilliant, but flawed.
96-100: It's gone horribly right!

Looks pretty stacked against the players, right? But there's actually about a 14% chance of getting the best result and a 12.5% chance of getting the worst result. The other two are about 35% likely to come up.

There's a 50% base chance of the worst result, but that needs to happen three times. 50% of 50% of 50% is just 12.5%. Similarly, there's a 95% chance of not getting the top result but 95% of 95% of 95% is 86%.

Multiple rolls are very good at making the odds look stacked against the players when they're actually not.
>>
File: 1487495530435.png (134KB, 567x311px) Image search: [Google]
1487495530435.png
134KB, 567x311px
>Finally put time into developing an idea I've had for a while
>It's pretty much ready to run
>where I am this Summer has somewhat dodgy internet and my Summer job schedule is wildly inconsistent
I guess I'll wait until my semester starts up in a month. Fuck.
>>
So . . . call me a chump, but I just read a lot of the guides in the OP pastebins. Oh my god. So helpful. Fuck.

So helpful that I realize how wrong I have done certain things and it makes me want to scrap and redo a bunch of stuff I've pre-written and redo my dice system completely.
Thread posts: 252
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.