[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nightmare At Hill Manor#1: Dealing In

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 2

File: Poker.jpg (62KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Poker.jpg
62KB, 1000x667px
The poker game is set up in the common room on the sixth floor, one of two in the building (the other is on the third floor) that is used for birthday parties, neighborhood watch meetings, and other events. The walls are the same dingy beige as the rest of the building, and the plaster is cracked and flaking. The once-green carpet is almost black with wear under the folding table Janice drags out from a storage closet in the corner each game. A cheap chandelier lights the room adequately. It’s not a dive, but it’s not exactly new, either.

The table’s set up, and the chips are down. You were all a little late, thanks to road construction out front. Janice was even late, and she’s the one who keeps everything organized and sets up the game. But there she is, in her green dealer’s visor, shuffling the deck. She smiles at each of you as you take your seats. “Sorry guys,” she says. “I didn’t have time to get the snacks together. I figured it’d be best if I got you set up and going before I run back down to grab them.”

She begins to deal and a brief silence follows...

>What do you do/say?

Please note this a quest whose characters have been reserved in this thread: >>1245387
If you would like to join jump into the discord and we'll see what we can do: https://discord.gg/dZjDWGH
>>
"It's alright. Playing a game with a doll as pretty as you is snack enough."
>>
Rolls eyes at Thomas

"That's alright Janice, we can wait a minute. Now, let's see what we got."

Looks at dealt cards
>>
>>1256477
"Hey you're nothing to shy away from yourself, if you ask me."

Thomas takes a quick glance at his cards.
>>
>>1256477
"Hey you're nothing to shy away from yourself, if you ask me."

Thomas takes a quick glance at his cards.
>>
>>1257593
Rachel chuckles.

"Come on, Thomas. Can't you contain yourself for one night?"
>>
>>1259742
Thomas chuckles heartily.

"Oh, you know me, surrounded by such beautiful women? Of course not."
>>
File: PokerRules.png (108KB, 779x890px)
PokerRules.png
108KB, 779x890px
Janice smiles, "you know you should be using that silver tongue on Naomi! I'll introduce you anytime." She gives a kind hearted wink.

The others stay silent, looking at their cards.

>Roll for Poker
See image or ask for rules
>>
>>1259850
Rachel starts smiling down at her hand.
"What a surprise."

Rachel's smile turns toward at Mike and Sims.
"Mike, Sims. I don't see you guys as often as I should, holding up well?"
>>
Rolled 7, 2, 2 = 11 (3d10)

>>1259948
>Not bluffing or cheating
>>
Rolled 3, 8, 4 = 15 (3d10)

>rolling to bluff
>>
Rolled 3, 9 = 12 (2d10)

>>1260467
>rolling for hand
>>
Rolled 3, 3, 5 = 11 (3d10)

>>1259948

>Rolling for hand
>>
Rolled 4, 4, 9, 2 = 19 (4d10)

>>1260467
>Rolling to resist cheat
>>
>>1256078
Thomas raised an eyebrow and looked at Janice with question in hand.

"Oh? I don't believe I know Naomi. Would you mind telling me more about her? If she's got your recommendation, she's bound to be a beaut."
>>
>>1262773
"Oh you'd get along splendidly, the only problem is others might actually approve" She laughs.
The game goes on in earnest, with Nero folding under a bad hand.

>Thomas and Rachel roll again

"I'll be right back with those snacks!"
>>
Rolled 8, 3, 3 = 14 (3d10)

>>1263576

>Rolling to cheat.
>>
Rolled 4, 3 = 7 (2d10)

>>1263920

>rolling hand

Thomas glaces over at Rachel as he looks at his cards. There's a slight noise as the air coughs.

"So how have you been, Rachel? Healthy, I hope?"
>>
Rolled 9, 10, 7, 6 = 32 (4d10)

>>1263920
>Rolling to resist cheat
>>
Rolled 1, 6, 2 = 9 (3d10)

>>1263576
>Roll for bluff
>>
Rolled 2, 6, 4 = 12 (3d10)

>rolling for hand
>>
>>1263928
>>1263938
Rachel's head moved back and forth as she spoke.
"Doing well. I'll be doing a little bit bit better after this hand.
"What about you-"

>>1263933
>Rachel sees the cheat
"Thomas, really?! I thought that you weren't going to be doing this."
>>
>>1264225
Thomas is never given a chance to respond, as two gunshots go off upstairs. After a few seconds, POP! a third shot goes off. Almost immediately, there’s a tiny, almost imperceptible shudder in the building, a minor earthquake that shakes the poker chips on the table.
>>
>>1265398
"What the hell was that?" rattled Thomas, his legs unsteady.

"I'd have to be insane to see that as anything good."
>>
>>1265398
Rachel bolts up, her hands unconsciously going to her sidearm without drawing it, "I... fuck. Those were gun shots. Thomas, Mike, can you guys barricade the door, maybe with the table? I'm calling the station."

>Takes out cell phone to dial police emergency
>>
>>1265717
"You got it chief!" replied Tom, his voice void of any worry sans an uncharacteristic warble.
>>
>>1265398

"Wait, we can't just lock ourselves in, we'll be easy targets. We need to try and leave the building, quickly" Michael says as he stands up from the table, pawing at his coat pocket for his 'medicine'.
>>
>>1265717
You only get the dial tone, there isn't any service.

>>1265746
>>1266412
As Micheal is responding the door opens, revealing Janice. She seems completely calm.
“Ok, look. I’m sure it’s my fault or maybe the elevator’s
broken, but… I can’t get down to my apartment to grab the snacks.
Could you come show me what I’m doing wrong?”

>In addition to any other action you decide to take roll Wits+Composure
>>
Rolled 3, 9, 4, 2, 2 = 20 (5d10)

>>1266430
"Janice, I would suggest that you get in here. We think we heard gunshots, although we aren't quite sure. Michael thinks that we should leave, but I'm not quite sure."

Tom taps his feet and cradles his chin as if rocking it to sleep.

"Sorry Rachel, but I think that I have to go with Mike on this one."
>>
Rolled 5, 3, 5, 6, 6 = 25 (5d10)

>>1266412
>>1266430
Rachel keeps the phone to her ear as she goes next to Mike.
"Mike, Mike! Slow down for a second. Listen,
whoever was upstairs doesn't know we're here yet. If we run--goddammit, no signal-- I, look: if we rush out of here,
we could run into the shooter in the halls or the elevator.
We should wait here, where it's safe, and leave after we're certain they're gone."

>Rolling Wits+Composure
>>
>>1266492
"I, okay, fine. I can't stop you guys, but we can't just throw caution to the wind. We need a plan. We should go straight down the stairs, no time to wait for the elevator."
>>
>>1266505
>>1266412
"Alright, looks like we'll head out... But we need to be careful."

Tom looks out at the door.

"We don't know who's out there... Janice, like Rachie said, we'll take the stairs, but is there anything in your room that we could use to arm ourselves? Guns? Perhaps a kitchen knife? I know a bit of Kung-Fu but a weapon would be nice to have."
>>
>>1266492
"Gunshots?" She almost squeaks. "Are you sure? I didn't hear anything!" her eyes go wide, the whites clearly showing.

>>1266524
"I- I have a set of kitchen knives, but shouldn't we just run and call 911? Rachel, you're a cop what should we do?" She starts to visibly freak out, "why isn't the elevator working!?"
>>
Rolled 7, 8, 4, 2, 2 = 23 (5d10)

>>1266593
Tom pulls Janice into his arms.

"Shhhh..." he croons into her ear. "It's only a thought, we're doing this just in case. We tried calling the cops but there's no service. Alright? You're not alone, we're here so put your faith in us, alright?"
>>
I'm treating this roll as a Pres+Emp. Which would be rolling 4 so I will cut off the last die (which was a fail anyway.)

So that it is clear for the future if you roll to many dice for something I will simply remove dice off of the end.
>>1266631
"Okay." She smiles weakly. "Lead the way."
>>
>>1267950
"Let me know when you guys are ready, and we'll set off."

Thomas looks at the other three expectantly.
>>
>>1269617
"You're right. Every moment we wait, they might be getting closer to leaving. I- wait a second."
>Upholsters gun
"Ready."
>>
>>1267950

"Lets go, the sooner we are out of here the better"
>>
Thomas slowly peeks out the door at leg level, he glances around before exiting the room.
>>
You all the leave the room exiting into the empty hallway. You can see the old elevator, the wire folding gate open, and the stairway leading up and down.

You are currently on floor 4, Janice's apartment is on floor 3. You all live on floor 6.

>What do you do?
>>
>>1269902
Thomas creeps over towards the stairwell, keeping a keen eye on his surroundings.
>>
Rolled 1, 4 = 5 (2d10)

>>1269902
>>1269928
Rachel follows Thomas on his way, sneaking behind him.

>Rolling sneaking (dex+stealth)
>>
Nothing disturbs you, the stairwell is dirty lit by flicking light. A stained sign reading "3" is mounted next to you.
>>
>>1269995
"Janice, which is your room? I would absolutely loath walking into someone else's in this sort of weather." emphasized Tom, as he spoke in a dramatic yet hushed tone.
>>
>>1269995
>A stained sign reading "3"
Just a slight correction the sign reads "4" not three.

>>1270001
"3C" She whispers back.
>>
>>1270014
Tom slowly steps down the staircase, recalling that if he used the balls of his feet that it would result in a quieter step.

He stops on the third floor.
>>
>>1269995
>>1270014
Rachel looks up the stairway briefly before speaking quietly
"Janice was at the elevator. She would have noticed if they took the elevator or the stairs.
They're probably still up there. Go down, I'll guard the back."
>>
>>1270031
Rachel follows Thomas to the landing.
"I know you want to stop by Janice's to grab something, but we really should try to get out as quick as we can."
>>
>>1270047
"I know, but it's just that you're the only one with anything resembling a weapon. I'm sorry but it just doesn't inspire that much confidence."
>>
>>1270051
"But- argh. There's not enough time to argue this. Okay, fine, we'll swing by Janice's apartment.
Janice, do you have an outside window in your apartment?"
>>
>>1270063
She shifts her weight nervously, "yes, why?"
>>
>>1270403
Rachel eyed the stairwell up as she spoke, "My cell phone wasn't getting reception earlier, but maybe we could shine a flashlight outside, or throw a pan out the window onto someone's car to start the alarm. Come on, we need to keep moving."
She begins walking down the hall towards Janice's apartment.
>>
>>1270621
Tom follows after her with a more confidant step.

"I don't want to jinx it or anything, but things seem quiet so far... Too quiet."
>>
>>1271068

"that's good, means no one but us is moving, lets move, we can talk as much as we want once we leave"
>>
You go down one flight of stairs, and it takes a moment to process what is wrong. You turn back to the stairwell confused, and a stained sign glinting in the flurosent light seems to leer back: "4"
>>
>>1271770
"What the hell? We're still on the fourth floor? What's going on..."

Thomas continues to descend.
>>
>>1271884
Thomas quickly descends, only to find himself walking down the stairs to see the group once more.
>>
>>1272018
"There's some spooky ghost stuff going on here, and I'm not a fan of it. In any case, if going down doesn't work, how about going up?"
>>
>>1272270

POP PILLS
>>
Rolled 5, 7, 3, 2, 3, 1, 10 = 31 (7d10)

>>1272270
Rachel begins shaking her head
"The shots came from upstairs. We need to find a way down to the lobby."

>Rachel holsters her gun
Rachel turns away from the stairwell and begins walking to the elevator
"The elevator might be able to go to the ground floor. Even if it can't, we could try getting from the elevator into the shaft and climb down, or something-- or,
I'm just, I'm just going to check on the elevator, and see if I can figure out what's wrong with it."

>Rachel begins checking the power breakers, the door safety mechanisms, the elevator circuitry, and anything else out of place
>Rolling for wits+investigation
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>1276687
>Exploding 10
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>1276690
>Exploding double 10
>>
>>1276687
Thomas follows along quietly, curious of what Rachel is doing.
>>
While she doesn't notice anything particularlly off about the evavator upon cursour inspection. It's what she doesn't see that bothers her. Nobody has called the elevator or used the stairs in all this time? What was going on?

"The elevator wasn't working, do you want to test it?" Janice asks the group.

>>1276655
+2 to remaining relaxed
-2 to mental tasks.
>>
>>1277174
"Let's try just pressing the button and staying outside. We can keep the door open so if the elevator does start going down we can just hop on top of it."
>>
>>1277174 #
"Let's try just pressing the button and staying outside. We can keep the door open so if the elevator does start going down we can just hop on top of it."
>>
>>1277358
Rachel takes a deep breath and grips her left shoulder with her right arm before looking down the hall
"There's so many people here, and we can't just leave them. This will be just a moment."

Rachel walks to the nearest apartment door and knocks gently
>>
>>1277358
There are only two rooms on this floor, either they are not there or are not answering.

>>1280219
The elevator will not descend until the gate is closed. Build code demands it, and the owners are not lax -- the last thing they want is a lawsuit.
>>
>>1288810
\\Mentions are reversed but oh well.

Thomas decides that just waiting around isn't going to do anything, and hops in the elevator and presses the button.
>>
>>1288918
Rachel sees Thomas going
"Wait up!"
Rachel moves to get into the elevator with Thomas.
>>
>>1288918
>>1289288
Which floor/button do you press?
Janice joins you in the elevator.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.