[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lore building 2: electric blanket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 31

File: 1485210689782.png (138KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485210689782.png
138KB, 1280x1024px
this is a lore building evo game type thing where we continue to add lore and story to this little nation, scarralan.

last thread, be sure to read through it so your roughly up to date on the story so far
>>1064593

so last thread I said I'd check in daily to see what to and what not to cannonise, although I realised this was a pretty dumb idea as it was A. pointless and B. still pointless so unless I say unless I say otherwise assume your creatoin is cannonised

advice on how make sure your creatoin is cannonised:
>don't make it over powered. the thread has a delicate eco system, and if you let the dragons, fire ejaculating ogres and cheese eating fire farting super humans out of mount doom then don't expect it to become cannon
>don't be vague. give your creation a proper introduction
>>
File: script.png (8KB, 316x651px) Image search: [Google]
script.png
8KB, 316x651px
>>1091545
I've been waiting for this :)

the jams of the forest invented a way to keep track of events by giving each form of a bead a certain constenant and each colour a vowel. together these beads can become a syllable.
(pic related: jam kai kiri: jam(s) of the forest)
>>
>>1091586
Didn't they already have a written language back in the previous thread? Does that mean this is not a new development but a retcon?
>>
>>1091710
probably a retcon, either way a cool idea
>>
should we still wait for that one guy to do the thing?
>>
>>1091741
he said it would take a while. I don't want to put too much stress on him.

if any one new comes in they can check the old thread
>>
File: Mount-Blade-Warband_main.jpg (244KB, 658x277px) Image search: [Google]
Mount-Blade-Warband_main.jpg
244KB, 658x277px
Perhaps add a faction that consists of former military and others seeking fortune in war. A roving army for hire known as: The Bloody Bastards.
>>
>>1091934
add it yourself, thats the point of this quest: add your ideas to the lore
>>
The Bloody Bastards.
Led by John One-Eye, a general from a far off land where there is no such thing as loyalty to a liege only fighting for whoever is handing over the gold. He traveled the world gathering troops from many places. Most proficient in swordplay but also a devastating archer unit. The Bloody Bastards are well known across all lands as the most force legion money can buy.

Any wishing to join must not only seek out the horde but manage to defeat John's lieutenants in hand to hand combat. The order of successiom goes by whoever is strongest, gaining rank is only possible by killing the commander above you. This legion is not cheap and only those living in opulence can possibly hope to hire them.

They are currently aimlessly wandering the land in search of conflict or any jobs for smaller parties from their army. John is growing tired of wandering and is looking to take a city to rule himself and to base his men out of.
>>
>>1092026
what race are they made of? I'd imagine psumerians man or maybe ygari, or perhaps race does not matter?

actually this is probably my fault for never mentoining race. I'll get to that
>>
>>1092097
Just a mix of race. Money is king and race, gender, age mean nothing as long as you're a fierce warrior.
>>
>>1091710
nope, they have a calendar system tho..
>>
>>1092107
I'm just going to assume to that's everything but the obvious exceptions, such as dellings, plantkins and over such races
>>
>>1091545
The Legions of Stone led by their king Grufftang bypassed the territory of ygari without any incident however when they came upon the outskirts of Tesseli where a skirmish broke out between the two factions that mortally wounded king Gruff.and brought him into a coma leaving his son Prince Gormatoth the meek however before the day was done he earned a new name, Gormatoth the vengeful. The legion then marched on to the city of tesseli and began massacring all the dwellers they could find and feeding them to their king who healed much quickly with the help of the flesh from the dwellers though instead of dying the king was put into a deep slumber leaving the prince to lead his people and his first action was to declare war with the dwellings and his second was to send his comatose father back to gruffholm.
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (256KB, 1282x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
256KB, 1282x1026px
I've gotten home late again. Here's a slightly more up to date map then the op. Like I said before: I'll probably find details it's missing as i go through the old thread. Gonna try to pound this thing out tonight.
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (255KB, 1282x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
255KB, 1282x1026px
Actually, **I** wanna add one thing before I go do /qst/ homework

After the Elven weapon caused a discontinuity between the east and west gateway, a great water had been pouring through the West Gateway, causing damage to the Scientarium and the Rift Sea. However, this discontinuity created a perpetual tidal energy as water poured out of the west gate, into the ocean, then eventually back through the east gate. This perpetual energy destabilized the already tore fabric of reality.

One evening at sunset in the east, there were terrible explosions at the Gateway sites that could be heard almost all around the globe. No one was harmed as the Gateways were now out to sea and much less used, but when the seas settled then Gateways were nowhere to be seen.

At that same moment a new gateway appear geographically between the two former gateway sites. Its appearance was the same as the previews gateways, but nothing or no one that enter was ever seen or heard from again.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

And one more 'cause I've been dwelling on the this one all day:

Some of Erebong's generals and warlords have come to question his leadership. As a show of strength, Erebong holds a warrior's tournament with the leadership of the Pure Elf Coalition on the line.

Roll for results:

1 - Erebong crushes and kills all of his competition, solidifying his tyranny.

2 - Erebong wins honorably, gaining respect among his people.

3 - Erebong wins dishonorably, keeping his position of power but spreading more doubt among his people

4 - Erebong loses and one of his warlords or generals takes power from him

5 - Upset: A lowly soldier wins the competition and earns the right to claim power

6 - GREATER UPSET: An OUTSIDER, perhaps an Urpean or Dwelling warrior, wins the competition. Erebong is dead and there is political upheaval.
>>
Very nice, anything you think would be nice to add to The Bloody Bastards?
>>1093243
>>
Are we able to add new races?
>>
File: Untitled-3.png (64KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.png
64KB, 1280x1024px
>>1093324
Here, someone label / map out their fleet.
>>
>>1093551 yes
>>
Im thinking I've bitten off more then I can chew cause' its hard sorting through post in this manner for facts.
>>
you don't have too man. post the incomplete version and I'll add some extra stuff
>>1094020
>>
The Dwellings send a team of researchers inside the golden sphere.
How many people are in the team? What equipment do they carry? What do they find inside the sphere?
Please be consistent with the fact that neither the sphere nor the Dwellings possess magical properties.
>>
Due both to the loss at the east gateway and the warrior tournament, the elven army suffers huge casualties. To remedy this, Erebong orders the elven scientists and mages to begin work on a new project: the creation of supersoldiers. The result of this project were the incredibly powerful chimeras, horrifying fusions of sentient, animal, plant and machine. Their main advantage, however, was that no single chimera is like another. All chimeras have different weak points and different behaviours, meaning that when someone defeats a chimera he can't just apply the same method of murder to all others, he needs a specific method for each other. And since chimeras come in squads rather than alone, this quality makes them incredibly hard to defeat.
>>
>>1091545
There's an international body that is dedicated on the deliverance of letters, missives, and packages called the Lily Company,
The company prides itself in its ability to deliver these items without any damages under a reasonable time frame and without the risk of people scrying the contents. (although some nobles/merchants still hold suspicious distaste on the service)
they are funded by numerous cities and guilds whom desire for them to open up offices in their areas as to provide the merchants, nobles, and commonfolk the ability to communicate or deliver packages to different parts of the known world.
>>
The jams from New Colony have reportedly started raiding ygari and elven settlements. Numurous bandits and other outsiders have joined them as the news of a free city spread fast through the world.

This news was also heard by the jams of the forest island, and with the introduction of the lily company the leader send a message to their long lost family.

1. The people of gnepia send ships and make a pact with the forest jams

2. The people of gnepia send ships and make a ambassy in the forest and the other way around as they have become too different to form one nation

3. The people of gnepia send ships and go back again after a friendly meeting

4. The people of gnepia send ships and are seen as dishonored and banished from the forest

5. The people if gnepia send ships, get into a fight, lose some people and contact

6. The people of gnepia send ships, get into a big fight, start a war.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>1094715
oops
>>
File: wlrs.png (21KB, 214x96px) Image search: [Google]
wlrs.png
21KB, 214x96px
The Knogg is a large aquatic mammal living in colder parts of the world, such as the Snowapean territory, Gneep island, the southmost plantkin island and Horka Bork territory.
It shares it's evolutionary ancestor with the Horka Bork, but does not grow nearly as large, the biggest specimens measuring only about 3 meters in length.
They have thick layers of fat and are hunted by Snowapeans, Horka Bork and occasionally by Gneep for their meat. This meat tastes delicious to them but is incredibly foul for most other sentients.
>>
File: BOATSE.png (25KB, 293x278px) Image search: [Google]
BOATSE.png
25KB, 293x278px
Rolled 4 (1d6)

Imitating the canoes used by the Jams and Plantkin that came to the Gneep Desert, the Gneep have started to make their own type of boat, which uses the Gneeps' telekinetic powers in conjuction with mechanical laws of physics to achieve higher speeds than most other ships of it's size. This type of aquatic transport is manned by at least three Gneeps, two powering the engines and one making sure the boat is not toppling over.
The Gneeps have decided to send these boats in different directions to organize colonies like the Jam and the Plantkin were doing. ( Rolling to see how many teams reach their destinations)
To differentiate which boat is which, the Gneeps have carved their symbols on the boat hulls.
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 4, 3 = 10 (4d5)

Rolling for where the boats go.
1-GDB
2-Pabyssinia
3-Plantkin islands
4-Snowapean territory
5-Jam island
Because all boats were sent in different directions I will reroll if two or more colonist groups end up in the same place.
>>
Just asking
Are dream demons Conan?
>>
>>1096100
yeah they are and the forefather of the horka borkas just released the largest one possible
>>
Their is a ring embedded with many jewels which was created by the scientist barbet the wise. He created this as his legacy before he died sentries ago. The ring is a almost alien device which grants photographic memory and extreme thinking speed to its current wearer has well granting the vast intelligence of barbet himself. The wearer loses the great memory and thinking speed and intelligence once it's taken off. Many battles have been fought over it and it's currently residing somewhere among the ruins of a old civilisation in the southern mainland awaiting its next wearer.
This device is known as the ring of the thinker
>>
>>1092133
The psychic bugs had writing
>>
>>1094961
Awe shit plantkin be ready
Jams we need help
>>
looks like no one cares about the fact that the horkas just declared war on the dwellings...LET THE MASSACRING AND DEGENERACY OF GENES COMMENCE!!!!
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

Some of The comatose king had never made it to gruffholm as his body was changed by the flesh of the dwellers making it weak and scrawny the same happened to the few horkas that fed upon the dwellers though unlike the king they reaped the benefits of the feast. The horkas that ate the dwellers turned blue within a fortnight and by the end of the month their figure became more slender and their movement more elegant however they lost their strength and lessened their immunity to magic or disease though they were still much more resilient compared to the other races.

Rolling for the horka's reaction

1-2 UNPURE MUST PURGE
3 They are sub horka scum but horka nonetheless
4-6 they are our brothers before and still our brothers now, nothing shall change that
>>
The Pookas, sick of getting their hats wet in the rain, came up with an idea: Build giant hats to live in and stay nice and dry! The idea caught on like wildfire, and soon there were two giant hat cities: Pookaburg to the north and Bookapurg to the south!
>>
A meteorite fell from the heavens onto Mt. Jumbawumba on Ooga Booga Island! The Ooga Boogas, after a couple ritual circles and chants, remove the debris to find what appears to be a giant stone torso. After receiving a revelation from the stone head, the Ooga Boogas use all their might and magic to heave the stone head onto the top of the torso. The head and the torso lock together seamlessly, and the stone head lets out a shout that the whole world could hear. "Check out these ROCK HARD abs!"
>>
>>1097440
The Gneeps were friends with the colonists though, so the Plantkin and the Jams are not in danger.
>>
>>1097794
Examining the crater left by the meteorite and comparing it to the crater sea gives the Ooga Booga a revelation: the crater sea was not the result of an attack by Pakkadians, but of a meteorite crash! Thinking that the crater sea will wield another part of their God, they travel to the center of the crater sea and to the cavern beneath which lies the golden city.
>>
>>1096505
The Dwellings decide to acquire the ring to speed up the research of the golden sphere.
>>
The super-dreamon released by Horka Bork forefather now inhabits the mind of Erebong Twinklespark, the elven ruler. Due to this foreign presence in his mind, Erebong becomes even more insane than he has been.
>>
>>1093750
The Bloody Bastards are hired by the elves with one task: kill as many Ygari as possible.
>>
Plotlines in need of development:
-Golden sphere research by GDB
-Urpean development
-Ygari development
-The "greedy cannibal" disease in Pakkadia
-Pabyssinia development
>>
File: Alienigena.jpg (66KB, 472x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Alienigena.jpg
66KB, 472x1063px
>>1097877

I'll let their respective creators handle that, but for now I present a NEW race!

Another "meteorite" falls on the island to the southeast of the Pure Elf Coalition. BUT, it wasn't actually a meteorite but instead an alien spaceship! A colony ship in fact, and the ones inside were the reclusive but scientific Greys! Their spaceship was badly damaged and now they must survive on their own.

They quickly get to work and build a settlement, and the new city of Zabeem is formed! The Greys eventually grow so that they spread across the island, naming their new nation Splutnik.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d6)

A team of 10 dwellings can fit inside the sphere. Some are armed with weapons, but others are simple researchers. Let's find out what happens with the Golden Sphere!

1. All that work for nothing...while the sphere does some spiffy stuff nothing inside works!

2. The sphere houses mysterious pods made out of a glasslike material and full of strange liquid. They begin opening, one by one, and a new, peaceful race steps out from them. (Race design can be figured out.designed after the roll

3. Same as above, but they're angry and violent as fuck

4: The sphere re-opens the wormhole that was open before.

5. The sphere is a matter teleportation device that can send brave souls on a one-way trip to any part of the continent

6. The sphere is full of treasures and knowledge that brings the ones who opened the sphere a great technological boost
>>
>>1098168

Oh? It seems the Golden Sphere is actually a wormhole machine! It can not only open and close the wormhole that closed recently but it can also be programmed to open one from Morkador to the Snowapeans, one from the Jams' Ancestral Coves to Pabyssina, and one from the Gneep Desert to the northern tip of the Pookas' territory. These can be turned on and off at will by whoever holds the sphere. Pretty neato!
>>
>>1098168
But how does the sphere open the wormhole if it was established in the previous thread that it does not use magic?
>>
>>1098192
>>1098190
The sphere opens the wormholes not through magic, but through quantum physics.
>>
>>1097845
News of this and rumours of the rings properties spread like a disease
>>
>>1096505
To let everyone know the ring is not magic. The technology in it is simply so advanced and like I said almost alien that not even the greatest minds in the world can understand it.
Barbet was known to have what themed like endless knowledge and making many scientific breakthroughs
>>
The infected Pakkadians start displaying even stranger behaviours than before. While normal Pakkadians spend their nights plagued by nightmares and insomnia, the infected report having good dreams in which they can hear a quiet, angelic voice, which they attribute to Senkidu. Due to this, many Pakkadians try to become infected in disregard of possible repercussions.
On an unrelated note, the Pakkadians patrolling the crater sea can now hear distorted howls coming from the direction of the cavern leading to the golden city every now and then. They have also found mutilated corpses of Ooga Boogas washed up on the shore, red crystals growing from them.
What is the Pakkadian government's reaction to the corpses?
>>
>>1098372
About 20% of the Pakkadian population is infected at this point.
>>
>>1097877
The Ygari are being attacked on all sides. They join together in larger tribes, and use their magic to create force fields around these small towns.
>>
>>1098743
The elves see the congregations of Ygari as preparations for the creation of armies (which is not true because the Ygari are pacifists). They obviously don't want that, and as such use their superweapon more. The Ygari territory now looks like swiss cheese, riddled with many holes with a radius of around 20 kilometers each.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d6)

The Ooga Boogas, determined to get their god put back together, muster up their courage and put magical hex barriers around themselves to prevent them from falling victim to the red stone curse. What will happen?

1-2: The expedition is kill
3-4: The ooga boogas find the right arm of Jumbawumba!
5: The expedition is kill and turned into crystal zombies which go and fuck up everything nearby
6. The Ooga Boogas find a great treasure! (Will roll again to find out what it is if this happens)
>>
>>1099502

The Ooga Boogas emerge victorious, with the right arm of Jumbawumba! They painstakingly haul it up Jumbawumba Mountain and put it on the torso. It also locks into place seamlessly, as if they were meant to be put on there. "Thanks for giving me a HAND there!" can be heard in a deafening voice throughout the world.
>>
File: Onion man.png (42KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Onion man.png
42KB, 1000x1000px
After having spent much of his youth traveling the lands of Scarralan, Leorik O'nion - an onion man of humble origins - eventually came upon the Scientarium, home of the Order of Knowledge. This was many years before the gateway incident which would come to separate the Scientarium from the mainland.

Leorik was welcomed by the order, they opened their doors and Cordyspark-filled pockets for him. Here he spent many years of his adult life acquiring knowledge and exploring the mysteries of the world. He wrote his Seeker's thesis on the magical sculptures of his homeland, exploring their potential by making up theoretical events and deducing the outcome. After finishing the thesis and graduating to become a fully fledged Seeker of the order he felt unfulfilled. He knew what he- No! What all of plantkindom had to do - Seize the means of Plantation!

And so he returned home to spark the juiciest revolution and following civil-war that all of plantkindom had ever seen!
>>
>>1100351
awww! he looks like a nice and jolly old onion boy. I bet he would smoke a pipe if plantkin had lungs and weren't flammable!
>>
File: Map 2.png (278KB, 1282x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Map 2.png
278KB, 1282x1026px
>>1100351
The Plantkin Isles became divided into the Plantationist Plants' Republic (PPR) and the Traditionalist Rock Smoochers (TRS).

The PPR is a fully fledged state, led by Leorik O'nion. They believe that the stone sculptures should be used to bring life to even more plantkin, and to create produce for the plantkin isles to export, allowing the Plantkin race to stand next to the Dwellings, Elves and Pakkadians in terms of development and wealth. The PPR is primarily supported by the Pumpkins, Broccoli trees and cabbages and a few of the green turnip-esques.

The TRS is a loosely held together coalition of individual plantkins who have risen to defend their faith and way of life. The stones are holy and should only at most be touched by the lips of a worshiping plantkin kissing them for blessings. They also believe that the old ways of living in harmony, only chillaxing and being best bros, is the only way a plantkin should be able to live. The TRS i supported mainly by the lemons, sleepy bushes, the jams, the settler non-plantkin jams, and a few more green turnip-esques than found on the PPR's side.

Most plantkin stay neutral however, just trying to keep out of harms way.

The isles are divided with the PPR to the north and the TRS to the south. The PPR has taken to ousting settlers and colonizers of other races - Plantkins first! It is for this reason most Jams living on the Isles support the TRS.
>>
File: Plantkin tradition.png (29KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
Plantkin tradition.png
29KB, 600x500px
>>1100460
The Traditionalists are being led Lemon McSqueezy, hailing from a region on the southernmost isle called Pretty Big Hill. McSqueezy is a Lemon of a cultivated line of Lemons - having been chosen by his similarly minded peers to lead based on his charisma and ability to make pretty solid arguments.

He doesn't have any title or anything - but hey! They gave him some pretty sweet clothes! I think they're Pakkadian..
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
Rolled 5 (1d6)

The Bookapurg pookas grow incredibly bored and decide to create great hat boats which somehow float and make a journey to settle new places. Meanwhile, the northern pookas at Pookaburg decide to form the Silly Hat Republic, uniting all within the Pooka Forest under one banner.

Rolling to see where the Bookapurg pookas end up

1. Jams
2. PPR
3. TRS
4. Urpeans
5. Order of Knowledge
6. Splutnik
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>1100570

While the pookas were keen on pranking the fuck out of the Order of Knowledge originally, they returned to their homeland a changed race. The originally hairless pookas had grown thick beards on their necks, their skin turned pale from lack of sunlight, and they traded their hats for fedoras. The Neckbeards, as the new race came to be called, formed the Fedora Empire. They stopped pranking and abandoned their peaceful ways, instead building a massive army. They then declared war on Pakkadia because God isn't real and the Silly Hat Republic because the Silly Hat Republic refused to acknowledge that fedoras were the best hats ever.

The Neckbeards then began their assault on Pakkadia, screaming "IN THIS MOMENT I AM EUPHORIC! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" as the Neckbeard horde marched over the hill.
>>
>>1100745

Oh, and Bookapurg was renamed to Dawkinsville
>>
File: Map 3.png (285KB, 1282x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Map 3.png
285KB, 1282x1026px
>>1100570
>>1097917
>>1097778
>>1097855

The Pure Elven Coalition incorporates lands that it for many years now have been occupying to the south as well as a small colony on the main continent that started off as the main invasion point in the elven Crusade. To the north west Erebong Twinklespark had the few elven freemen living there submit to the Coalition. On the surface however, to not wound the northerners pride too much, this province is considered a semi-autonomous state called The Protectorate.

After seizing the lands and being inspired by the Order of Knowledge, Erebong had a Witchery Collage built to train elven youths in the art of magical combat, as well as martial arts - seeing as they keep getting their shit kicked in and keep having to resolve to using their secret weapons.

Students studying at the College have to praise paintings of Erebong hanging above their beds every day they wake up.
>>
>>1098372
They invite wizards and scientists from around the world to study the corpses and the crystals with the promise of a award to whoever finds the origin and nature of them
>>
The Pabyssinians venture north through the desert and eventually stumble upon a huge, winding river. On this river was a great pyramid made of sandstone that was bigger than anything the Psumerians could possibly make. They then copy these pyramids and use them to bury their great leaders, forming the [Valley of Kings] monument!

A bunch travel south to the little tiny island in Pabyssinia Bay as well where they colonize the land and name it Pamaica. The Pamaicans find a strange plant, which they call "panja" and find that smoking it makes you really, really high. The rest of the Pabyssinians are reluctant to try it, though.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>1100745

The mighty Pakkadian army and fearsome Fedora horde clashed violently on the southern Pakkadian plains. Psumerians and neckbeards alike fought, bled and died that day. But what was the outcome? Let's find out!

1. A major Fedora victory. Pakkadians lose much of their territory.
2. A moderate Fedora victory. Some territory is gained along with heavy Pakkadian casualties.
3. A minor Fedora victory. No territory is gained but Fedoras now have a slight advantage.
4. A minor Pakkadian victory. No territory is gained or lost but Pakkadians have a slight advantage.
5. A moderate Pakkadian victory. Fedoras suffer heavy losses and are pushed out of Pakkadian territory.
6. A major Pakkadian victory. The Fedoras are pushed out of Pakkadia and 50% of their territory is taken by the Pakkadians
>>
>>1101661

The Pakkadians, having fought in many battles, thoroughly trounced the upstart neckbeards, who had grown fat and complacent during their time at the Order of Knowledge. The Pakkadians tore through the Fedora Empire and claimed most of it for themselves after either converting the neckbeards that lived there to Senkiduism/Neo-Senkiduism or putting them to the sword. The neckbeards, facing extinction, built a great underground structure to house their population comfortably and discuss the works of their patron saint, Histopher Critchens. This structure was known as [The Great Basement].
>>
>>1101800
>>1101661
>>1101337
>>1100778
>>1100745
>>1100570
>>1099523
>>1099502
>>1098190
>>1098168
>>1097917
>>1097794
>>1097778
How much of this is canon OP? I can get behind most of it, except the neckbeards and weed
>>
I'll concede the weed part, retcon the neckbeards to be Nuk'berrdh instead, a race of mutated pookas who wear only fedoras and shun the ways of the Silly Hat Republic, preferring rationality and fedoras instead. Everything else should stay though, including the defeat in the Great Fedora-Pakkadian War (it was fate!) and their exile to the Great Basement.
>>
>>1094961
>>1100460
One of the Gneep colonist groups has reached the Plantkin islands and are promptly greeted with sharpened gardening implements to the face by the PPR. In doing so, however, the PPR soldiers forgot a very important rule of life: never anger anyone with the ability to make all your internal organs external.
Now that the PPR soldiers guarding the beach have been turned into salad through tactical application of telekinesis, what do the Gneep colonists do next?
>>
>>1103330
As the Gneeps are searching for a suitable place for starting a colony, they find a big stone structure surrounded by lemons and bushes. The structure is spewing endless amounts of plant matter. The Gneep see this structure as a suitable thing to build a colony around.
What happens next?
>>
>>1101121
The wizards and scientists discover the following facts about the crystals:
-the crystals do not use magic
-the crystals have some qualities in common with unicellular organisms
-the crystals are still growing
-the crystals release some sort of "spores" every now and then
-everyone who inhales these spores is infected with the same "greedy cannibal" disease a part of Pakkadian population suffers from
>>
>>1098381
30% of the Pakkadian population is infected now.
>>
>>1103567
The Gneeps decide that The successful founding of their new colony is way more important than whatever the Plantkin are doing with the structure. The weak lemons and sleeping bushes cannot resist the force of around two hundred psychic insects and are quickly booted out of their sacred grounds. The Gneeps quickly set to work, and soon a hive city is built around the structure, which is now used to produce food for the cattle animals on which the Gneeps feed, as Gneeps themselves are carnivores and as such cannot reap the benefits of infinite plant matter directly. This hive city, unlike the hive cities in the Gneep desert, is made not from sand and discarded carapaces but from stone and dead plants. This city is named Pegre.
>>
Unfortunately, the plant statue has a mind of its own, and vicious thorny vines erupt from it. The gneeps' psychic powers are no match for the seemingly endless plant vines which strangle the gneeps and throw them back into the sea before smashing their "colony" to bits. The TRS and PPR then get back to rebuilding their society, thankful to the plant statue for protecting them.
>>
>>1094957
>>1094947
The Gneeps discover that the fat tissue of the Knogg burns well, and use this property to melt the ice on the Gneep island, which leads to an increase in the amount of clean water on the island. Due to this they can now create a more advanced society, and as such the Gneep cities are now united into a nation.
>>
>>1104021
Those Plantkin who lived near the structure had to work together to rebuild their society regardless of their faction, leading to the PPR and the TRS Plantkin on that island to become more accepting to each other. May this eventually result in peace between the two factions?
>>
>>1099523
>>1097917
The citizens of Splutnik have discovered the reason of their ship crashing on this planet: a huge stone leg has lodged itself in the ship's Hull back when they were in space and damaged the engine!
>>
>>1104129
The Gneep nation has dedicated research to improving the ability to melt ice to provide more drinkable water to it's citizens, resulting in creation of a method of refining Knogg fat into a liquid form that Burns better than it's solid form. This liquid is contained in bucket-like containers made from carapace pieces.
>>
>>1103769
The disease spreads even further, as 60% of all Pakkadians are now infected. Even more uninfected Pakkadians are trying to become infected due to the rumors that the infected are blessed by Senkidu. Meanwhile, Senkidu's rest starts to descend as it's magic weakens for unknown reasons.
>>
>>1102072
neck beard are not annon. the kush I'm going to leave for a later date
>>
File: new!.png (26KB, 685x651px) Image search: [Google]
new!.png
26KB, 685x651px
wow, new race.

these are the h'amu, they are actually jams (a sound change in their language resulted jams becoming h'amu) that colonised the endless plains north of the scientarium centuries ago. It was not long ago when the h'amu were just a bunch of random tribes fighting consantly over land. But then h'amu gai a h'amu (jam of all jams) came along and united all the 50 tribes creating a big and powerful kingdom called H'ui (kingdom).

more about the h'amu: They ride these big, bipeded creatures they call "hyemi". H'amus want to fight all the time, always seeking wars. they do not care much about the arts or science. they worship only the god of war, although they do think there are other, lesser gods. because they don't dare to go somewhere without their hyemi, they haven't visited any other races for centuries. But because of the peace their king brought upon them, they will seek other opponents to wage war on.
>>
>>1103754
The government sets up a task force to track down down and safely store away the corpses along the shores. They have also restricted public access to the shores.
Any ideas for the name of this task force?
>>
>>1104662
Are these the descendants of the desert Jams?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>1098190
The Dwelling researchers find a small room inside the golden sphere near the structure that they have identified as the wormhole generator. This room houses a damaged machine that the Dwellings can't identify due to insufficient scientific knowledge, but they have noticed a bunch of wires going from it to the wormhole generator. They send a team of scientists and engineers to try repairing the machine.
Roll for outcome:
1-epic fail, both the wormhole generator and the machine are irreparably damaged
2-fail, the machine is irreparably damaged
3-minor fail, machine is not repaired
4-minor success, machine not repaired but Dwellings gain a minor scientific boost in research of electricity
5-success, machine is fixed and allows to make wormholes anywhere instead of predetermined places
6-epic success, same as 5 but Dwellings also gain a major scientific boost in research of electricity
>>
>>1104677
Security Corps of Pakkadia, or SCP for short.
>>
File: jeej.png (11KB, 685x651px) Image search: [Google]
jeej.png
11KB, 685x651px
>>1104737
no, they were forest jams a few centuries ago. the desert jams are relatively new.
pic related
>>
File: jam evo.png (15KB, 685x651px) Image search: [Google]
jam evo.png
15KB, 685x651px
>>1104780
Based on lore from previous thread.
>>
>>1104815
It is true that ygari and jams are related but that went way way way back.
>>
>>1104406
One day, all the infected Pakkadians grab all the gold they can find, stand together in a perfect circle with a diameter of 100 km, reroute their collective magical power to make a protective forcefield around the circle, and just die. They don't kill themselves or anything, their organisms just cease all life functions. Seconds later, the red crystals begin growing on them, forming connections both between their flesh and between the gold around them...
Meanwhile, due to losing 60% of it's magical soul fuel because of Pakkadian deaths, Senkidu's rest begins to fall.
Also due to the loss of 60% of Pakkadian population, the country is weakened.
>>
>>1104821
heh....

talking about 100km, what is the scale of the world? is like earth?
>>
>>1104263
Some Gneep scientists began experimenting on the flammable liquid to find uses other than cooking and melting ice. They have discovered that the burning fluid, when in the right conditions, can apply way more force than the telekinesis of the Gneeps can. This results in the creation of the first native internal combustion engines on the planet, although no machinery has been created that uses them yet.
>>
>>1104821
Temporary veto on advancing the "red crystal" storyline due to me needing time to draw the results of it's latest developments.
>>
File: its like NGE all over again.png (25KB, 293x278px) Image search: [Google]
its like NGE all over again.png
25KB, 293x278px
>>1104825
Veto lifted.
A month after the infected died, the forcefield around the circle has disappeared. Seconds later, a collossal object lifts off the ground where the circle was.
A Dwelling scientist, if they had looked at it, would note a distinct similiarity to the wormhole generator inside the golden sphere.
A Grey scientist, however, in this situation would convert from atheism to religion just to pray for their life, because they know exactly what this is.
Three in-game days before the invasion's first wave.
>>
>>1104854
did I miss something? does it generate the gold-crystal machine things encountered in the underground city?
>>
>>1104869
While that's one of the things it can do as a defense mechanism, it's main function is to make a planet-sized wormhole through which the harvesters can come.
>>
>>1104879
The planet-sized wormhole is now retconned to a wormhole with a diameter of 100 kilometers because honestly a planet-sized one is just too ridiculous.
>>
>>1104879
how/what is a harvester again?
>>
The Greys went into a state of sheer panic. The ones who destroyed their home world of Old Splutnik have returned and were going to do the same to this world as well. However, upon finding the stone leg, the Greys regained their hope, for this was the leg of a Great Protector, much like the Great Protector of Splutnik. The Greys traveled far and wide before eventually discovering Ooga Booga Island, where the Ooga Boogas quickly hauled it up Mt. Jumbawumba and attached it to their god. "Thanks for giving me a LEG UP in life!" the statue shouted. Now there was only one leg remaining, and the Ooga Boogas and Greys teamed up to find it. Not much time was left, however..
>>
>>1104891
The Harvester is a creature/machine utilised by the guys in charge of the golden NGE thingy to turn planets into resources.
The first harvester/harvesters will be sent after three in-game days pass (aka everyone makes three days worth of preparations for the invasion. It probably won't be much help in battling the harvesters but hey there's a chance the stone head will get a full mech body in time and the Horka Bork forefather probably has enough common sense to try to defend the planet he lives on)
>>
As the Horka Bork were losing a hopeless battle against their forefather, both parties were distracted from the battle by the appearance of the Messenger Unit( aka golden NGE thingy). However, a second after that, the forefather is knocked out by a stone piece falling from the sky. The Horka are surprised that their progenitor was defeated by an orbital kick. That knockout will probably last a month!
>>
>>1104898
Correction: he needs not only another leg, but also another arm.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

Rolling to see where the left arm is

1. Great Dwelling Bureaucracy, near the Golden Sphere
2. Pure Elf Coalition
3. Urpean territory
4. Inside a Pabyssinian tomb
5. Gneep desert
6. In the museum inside the Scientarium
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>1104901
ah okay thnx..

the news spread quickly throughout the lands with New Colony being one of the first to take action. they sent out nummerous ships to all over the world looking for the last leg and arm. within hours several kingdoms were searching for clues to where this leg and arm could've been hidden.

after a day a jam scientist found a scroll in the scientarium about a myth of a long lost race, descended from the dwellings, that were known for their arts in stone crafting. the story told of giant castles cut from mountains and enormous statues as big as whole kingdoms. The race ended up destroying the continent they lived on because of the lack of raw stone on it...

the scientist thought and thought until one of them, a plantkin, looked at the map and drew a big red circle in the midst of the ocean. this was, as he said, the only logical place the continent would've been situated.

1. they set sail, but quickly realised it was just a myth

2. they set sail, found an underwater castle, but with nothing in it but gold

3. they set sail, found an underwater kingdom, but with nothing usefull..

4. they set sail and found a giant arm, underwater..

5. they sey sail and found a giant arm and leg underwater

6. they set sail and found a living relative of the legendary stone crafter, willing to help them save the world..
>>
>>1104936
>>1104931
>>1104912
The arm and leg are already placed though.
>>
>>1104950

So JUMBA-01 is complete?
>>
>>1104954
No I meant that they are placed in the world, >>1104936 seemed to imply that their position is not decided yet.
>>
Erebong Twinklespark, the elven ruler, once again suffers a nightmare. However, this time it is different, not caused by the superdreamon haunting him but by his abilities of proscience, a special type of prescience that can see the past but not the future.
This nightmare tells a long story of a species.
First, the species came int existence, they were weak, short-lived, cowardly and xenophobic, but have developed greatly in all sciences and ruled their universe with a biomechanical iron fist.
Then their universe died.
But the species remained.
It has survived by moving into another universe, but the people were mutilated by the incompatible physics. Their bodies were left damaged and twisted into forms that required life support, and their minds lost any capability for positive emotions they ever had, now only capable of perceiving sadness, rage and the likes. They despised the natives of their new universe greatly, and have created many biomechanical troops to harvest the universe and rebuild it in their image. But while they managed to destroy the universe, they were defeated in the end, and the natives rebuilt it in a way that would render the existence of those creatures impossible, by permeating all of it with magic, a type of matter anathemic to all the physical laws the species operated under.
But the species yet again persisted.
In this new world, they were twisted even more, now lacking even their negative emotions. What was left of their minds was a single objective without any purpose left behind it:remake the universe as they want it to be, with the definition of "want" unknown to their emotionless brains. To complete this objective, they have used their new, twisted and eldritch bodies to reassemble the base quarks out of which everything is constructed into shapes that would bring about their victory: warriors, workers and scientists made of metals and powered by biology striving for a single goal, not caring about any other denizens of the universe: fullfill the will of their masters.
>>
>>1105046
A second after this dream has passed Erebong wakes up and forgets all of it, because nobody is allowed to know backstory without an in-universe reason.
>>
>>1104936
The scientists didn't find the arm or the leg, but gold is pretty nice too. They sail back to the Scientarium and are greeted by amazing news: it turns one of the monuments in the Scientarium's museum is the arm they needed!(>>1104931)However, just as they prepare to take it out of it's glass casing, the gold they were carrying sprung to life and stole the arm!
>>
Preparation time remaining:
Scientarium, Jams, Plantkin, Ooga Booga, Greys: 1 day.
Horka Bork; 2 days.
Everyone else: 3 days.
>>
File: big boiiii.png (298KB, 1047x915px) Image search: [Google]
big boiiii.png
298KB, 1047x915px
>>1104912
Well, it looks like the world is finally going to shit! The Dreamon amalgam from the last thread realizes that it doesn't have much time if it wants to materialize and start snatching up those juicy evil souls. You see, millennia of imprisonment within the forefather had twisted and inverted the natural method of feeding. Normally, Dreamons accumulate negative energy while in spiritual form, using it to take on a physical shape and wreak havoc; however, they cannot absorb life force while in the real world. The Amalgam, once it was freed by the awakening of the Horka Bork forefather, was unable to enter dreams to feed on evil emotions; but once it materializes, it will absorb the full life force of each and every soul it consumes, good or bad. Before the Harvesters arrive and destroy all life on the planet, it wants a chance to leave it's mark.
>>
>>1105102
From now on, 1 post=1 day of preparation, 1 post in which travel happens=2 days of preparation
>>
File: jumba01.png (26KB, 204x346px) Image search: [Google]
jumba01.png
26KB, 204x346px
This is what JUMBA-01 looks like when fully assembled.
>>
not sure if the harvesters should be cannon or not, what di yiu guys think?
>>
>>1105623
yeah.. idk, also don't want to be that guy but maybe make a maximum on posts per person (3 after eachother, more after someone else posts) because this thread is being run by one guy...;

and (for everyone) maybe just a bit less heavy on the "action-stories" I think most people want to create more in-dept lore instead movie-scripts.
>>
>>1105623
>>1105645

I say we make First Impact canon, the world needs more great events other than "x goes to war with y". The good lore-building can come in the aftermath as races rebuild and the world experiences great changes that everyone must adapt to.
>>
>>1105645
What if we make the harvesters appear rarely, like only once every ten years or so? Would that raise their chance of becoming canon?
>>
>>1105690
Or even make them an one-time event, with the combined force of JUMBA-01, Horka Bork forefather and the elven cannon destroying the Messenger Unit after it summons the first harvester?
>>
>>1105704

This
>>
>>1105683
i am down for this

also maybe it could change the world around a bit to give it a fresh(er) start
>>
ok! gotcha! also I'm planning on an event, how do you guys feel about getting new races and more land to work with since?

I'm a little worried about this since it might be unnecessary and may even ruin the game considering the thread already seems to have clear favourites (just look at how little people have touched the ygari and jams in comparison to the dwelling and elves)
>>
>>1105992

New races are always fine. But anyway let's progress the story a bit.

The gold conveniently wanders off to Ooga Booga Island, where it slips into the empty arm socket to become JUMBAWUMBA'S CORE before the Ooga Boogas slap on the other arm. "I always knew you guys had HEARTS of GOLD!" roared JUMBA-01. Now there was just the Horkaborks. The shouts of Jumbawumba could be heard from even their frozen homeland. The leg emanated a white glow as Jumbawumba shouted, as if Jumbawumba was calling it. What should the Horkaborks do?
>>
>>1107135
The horkas ignored the calls as they were to busy celebrating the defeat of their forefather by feasting upon his flesh which turned them into beings of great power save for Bortok who followed the faint glow of the north alone. Bortok then came upon a dismembered leg of a great being, having learned from his mistakes from the pasts he called upon his kind to destroy this being before it grows powerful enough to overcome it, and so they did. The Bortoks took out their oversized stone clubs and began crushing the stone leg into tinier and tinier pieces until there was naught but dust left. With the death of their progenitor and the threat of the leg gone Bortok wandered off further to the north to live in exile as punishment for nearly dooming his people and the world.

(Rip the world)
>>
>>1107428

Not so fast. The leg that knocked out (not killed) the Horkabork Forefather would not belong to JUMBA-01, The Great Protector, if it wasn't able to withstand a few blows with a shitty club. As much as this Bortok would like you to believe, his club broke many times on the thing before the rest of the Horkaborks came and beat the shit out of him for trying to break the thing that knocked out their greatest foe. Before the Horkaborks could praise the leg, however, it started to be pulled, as if by a magnet, towards Ooga Booga Island, first slowly but rapidly accelerating as it shot across the sea. The Ooga Boogas knew what they had to do, and with one last heft JUMBA-01 was complete, just in time for the invasion of the Harvesters! "I'm going to KICK their asses!" JUMBA-01 says, pointing towards his new leg.
>>
>>1107827

Now, the 50-foot tall robot with detachable flying fists and puns bad enough that they could make a god cringe to death is ready to take on the Harvester threat! The Pure Elves also join in, aiming their cannon at the gateway in wait, and the Horkabork forefather begins to rouse from his sleep as well. What will happen next?
>>
>>1107827
Bear in mind they are giants and the club is the size of trees, think paledragon tooth but ten times the size and twice the hardness
>>
>>1107865
The amalgam materializes. As big as a good-sized mountain, it/they decide that they will have plenty of time to feast after stopping the invasion. And maybe they can get a quick bite of that sweet forefather life force during the battle?
>>
>>1107865
The Horka bork father was eaten alive by Bortok and his sons now they're the size of the father of horka borks soo no he doesn't rouse from his slumber
>>
>>1108896
They can't all be as big as him because that would require more matter than the Horka Bork forefather consists of.
>>
THE FIRST HARVESTER EMERGES!
Of course, being the first one on the planet, it is only a scout harvester, only 2 kilometers wide when in flight mode and 1 kilometer tall in mining mode. By the way, it has two modes.
Flight mode: used to get away when things go sour or to quickly get to another continent. Resembles a really huge pair of bird wings with a relatively small body between them and a horned head perched on top of it. A large red octahedron is attached to the head and can fire lasers.
Mining mode has the same body, head and octahedron of the flight mode but the wings are now bent and situated in such a way that they form a huge "gun barrel" beneath the body. This "gun barrel" concentrates the energy produced by the body into a mining beam, which on scout harvesters not only mines but also scans everything that gets into it's way and stores the information for later use. However this mode is rather slow and as such is used only when the harvester is either not in danger or angled in such a way that the mining beam shoots at it's enemies.
It's strategy is basically Hit And Run, it mines when undisturbed and flies off when it detects danger.
You need to devise a plan that works around this strategy.
>>
>>1108997

Where's it at? Should I roll?
>>
>>1109060
It appears out of the wormhole generated by the Messenger Unit, on the south side of Pakkadia.
I'm sure that all this will involve dice rolls, but I'm not sure if we make some kind of battle system or just roll what we think should be rolled.
>>
Well, let's see what we have in defenses so far.

JUMBA-01 - Weapons: Left fist can rocket punch, right arm is holding energy sword. About 55 feet tall, body parts made of strong metal with a stone exterior. It's dwarfed in size by the Harvesters but is more nimble and can hit weak points easily if given the chance. Can tell deadly puns, but the harvesters do not understand them.

The Pure Elven Cannon - Can create kilometer-wide holes in the earth using blasts of magical energy. However, it has a limited range (extends to the Ygari territory but no further

The Horkabork Forefather (Wild card) - A giant Horkabork with otherworldly strength, still dwarfed by the Harvesters but it's still extremely powerful. The problem here is getting it to stop destroying the Horkaborks so that it can focus on the Harvesters.

Mechanical scouts of Splutnik - Using the escape pods of their downed ship, the Greys of Splutnik mount a desperate attack on the Harvesters. They're incredibly weak compared to the powers above but can serve as distractions.

Plantkin plant statue - If a Harvester gets too close to the Plantkin isles, the plant statue will attempt to entangle the harvester in endless vines. Definitely not effective at killing a harvester but it may slow it down or even immobilize it.

Gneeps - A good mass of gneeps might be able to do damage to it.

Amalgam (wild card)- A mountain-sized mass of dreamons that preys on living creatures' life force. It may be effective against the harvesters if it decides to attack one.

Great Dwelling Bureaucracy - They have a wormhole machine that might be of use. But maybe the golden sphere has other applications?

Pakkadians, Ooga Boogas and pookas - Useless. The Pookas are too peaceful to mount a good defense and the Pakkadians were utterly wiped out by civil war and the greedy cannibal disease. The Ooga Boogas are too busy controlling JUMBA-01.

What do the Jams, Ygari, Horkaborks, Urpeans, Snowapeans, Order of Knowledge, and Pabyssinians do? Perhaps they can help out in some way. Or maybe a long-forgotten new race joins the fight?
>>
With this information we can devise a strategy for fighting these things. Perhaps the races at the bottom could gain some backstory by contributing something or maybe even turn the tides.

>>1108896
>>1108448
>>1107428

Also none of this shit should be Nick Cannon.
>>
>>1108997
After the first scout harvester emerges in Pakkadia, two more appear from wormholes: one in Snowapean territory and one near the Scientarium.
Rule number one of anime antagonism: never send only one giant robot monster.
>>
>>1109079

For JUMBA-01, the elf cannon and the Horkabork Forefather roll 2 d20s and compare the two, roll smaller dice (d8, d6, d4, etc.) based upon their strength - if the defenders' roll is higher than the harvesters', the harvesters are kill or take heavy damage. The defenders take damage if the harvesters' roll is higher than the defenders, but defenders can take multiple hits before they're ded regardless of how shitty their roll was, That's all for now, going to bed. Good luck world
>>
>>1109260

Roll smaller dice for the weaker races (Greys, Gneeps, etc.) based on their strength, I mean. The big three are always d20
>>
>>1109260
Refining the system.
-All units have a set range of their weapons, for example if JUMBA-01's rocket fist has a range of 5, it can attack anything that is 5 or less tiles away from JUMBA-01 on the grid map( >>1093065)
-When one of the large machines/creatures attacks roll 2d20. Higher result - lower result = damage dealt.
-When armies attack, roll 1d20 and 1d6. If d6 result is bigger than d20 result, d6 result - d20 result = damage dealt. Otherwise the army fails to damage the harvester.
-Each unit has a mobility stat. For example if Flight mode harvester has a mobility stat of 50 it can move for up to 50 tiles on the grid map.
-Each unit has a hitpoint counter(amount of squads for armies). When hitpoint counter is depleted the unit is destroyed. Bigger units like the Superdreamon and the harvesters have hitpoints distributed among multiple bodyparts.
>>
>>1109345
Some stats for JUMBA-01:
weaponry:
-rocket punch, range 15
-energy sword, range 2
-deadly pun, unlimited range, works only on horka bork forefather and amalgam
Mobility 20
HP 20, one location(whole body)
>>
The Ygari are pacifists, but even they can contribute to the fight with their magic.
Ygari support squads:
Weaponry:
-forcefield, range 2, does not deal damage, creates a magical shield that can absorb 1d20 of damage
-healing magic, restores 1 HP to an army-type unit.
Mobility 3
HP 4, one location(people)
>>
Pure elven cannon:
weaponry
-magic blast, range 35, deals 2d20 AOE damage to a 3x3 area.
Mobility 0
HP 200, 3 locations
-base, 100 HP
-cannon, 80 HP
-control center, 20 HP
>>
To know what location of an unit was hit, roll 1dX where X is amount of locations. The number you roll is the number of the location that was hit.
>>
Harvester:
Flight mode:
weaponry
-mode change
-lasers, range 30, can fire 2 times per turn
Mobility 50
HP 300, 4 locations
-wing L, 75 HP
-wing R, 75 HP
-body, 80 HP
-head, 70 HP
Mining mode:
Weaponry
-lasers, range 30, can fire twice per turn
-mode change
-mining beam, deals 250 damage to everything underneath the harvester
Mobility 5
HP 300+100, 4 locations:
-wing L, 75 HP + 25 HP shield
-wing R, 75 HP + 25 HP shield
-body, 80 HP + 25 HP shield
-head, 70 HP + 25 HP shield
>>
I'm running out of imagination here, so can you guys make your own stats for your own units now?
>>
>>1108920
They're still giants in their own rights, thus they add onto the biomass since what do you think do they do with the corpses of their fallen after battle?
>>
File: harvey the harvester.png (29KB, 439x278px) Image search: [Google]
harvey the harvester.png
29KB, 439x278px
This is the scout harvester in it's mining mode, depicted with mining beam off and on. Notice the pretty colors: they are nature's way of saying "STAY THE HELL AWAY, THIS DOUCHE WILL FUCK YOUR SHIT UP".
>>
File: plantkin.png (49KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
plantkin.png
49KB, 960x800px
The Plantkin develop tougher and more powerful forms.
>>
>>1110676
Cactus Plantkin squads:
Weaponry:
-healing magic, restores 1 HP to an army-type unit
-vine bomb, range 5, temporarily immobilises target, deals 1d4 damage
Mobility 2
HP 4, one location(people)
>>
AL HORKAS ARE SOLDIERS

Young Horka
HP 100
Iron Swords: Range 1
Shortbow: Range 15
Mobility 30

Adult Horka
Hp 200
Steel Club Range 1 deals extra 12 damage
Bow: Range 20
Mobility 20

Elder Horka
Main body 300 Hp
Greatbow: Range 30
Iron swords: Range 2 deals extra 15 damage

Sons of Bortok
Main body:400 HP
Stone Shield: 200 HP
(roll 1d20 for penetration, 1-9 does not penetrate)
4 giant spears
Range 1 when used in Melee
Range 15 when thrown
Great crossbow: Range 30
Mobility 10

Bortok
Mainbody: 600 HP
Iron Shield: 300HP (Same penetration rule as stone shield)
Giant Greatsword:
Range 5 does 20 extra damage
Mobility 10
>>
File: EDGY BOI.png (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
EDGY BOI.png
13KB, 300x300px
>>1109173
Amalgam:
Weaponry:
-Shadow Step: Roll 1d6, if 4 or higher teleport anywhere on map, if nat1 get stuck in-between worlds and lose a turn.
-Beak: range 2, steals life on nat 20.
-Feet: range 1, attacks twice on nat 20.
-Wings: Can be used to add result of roll (high-low) to mobility instead of doing damage.
Mobility 10
HP 40 (+15 per turn), 4 locations which are tied to each ability:
-True Head: HP 5
-Beak: HP 10
-Feet: HP 15
-Wings: HP 10

Special: if either d20 is a nat1, the Amalgam is overcome with hunger and will attack the closest allied unit with the higher result of this turn's roll.
>>
>>1110926
No offense, but these seem really, really op.
I mean, 600 HP for a non-unique unit? maybe just like...divide everything by ten?

Also, how long is each turn? I want to have Senkidu's Rest be able to do something at the dawn of every day, but if that means every turn it won't really mean anything.
>>
Elven Armies:

>Bird Riders:
Weaponry:
-Crossbows, range 4
-Poison spears, range 1, deal damage of lower roll on next turn.
Mobility 5
HP 3, 1 location

>Elven Scholars:
Weaponry:
-Magic!, range 5, always deals damage of the d6.
-Shield, range 0, creates a forcefield with 1/2 d20 HP.
Mobility 2
HP 4, 1 location

>Chimera Squad:
Weaponry:
-Natural Weapons, range 1
-Breath Weapons, range 3
Mobility 1d6
HP 5
Special: Damage is limited to 1 per turn except for nat20s.

>Pure Guard (Elite Scholars+Erebong)
Weaponry:
-~*~mAgIc!!~*~, range 7, deals d20-d6 instead (yes, it can be negative).
-Magic!+, range 6, always deals 2x d6 damage.
-Barrier, range 3, either creates 2x d6 shield or d20 wall around enemy
-Heal, heal d6 HP
Mobility 5
HP 6, one location
Special: on a nat20 attack, Erebong is kill :'(. This unit is replaced by normal elven scholar squad, all elven units lose 1d6 turns to grieving.
RIP in piece
>>
>>1111237
chimera breath should have 1/2 d6 range
>>
File: Monster_glacius_large.jpg (105KB, 722x454px) Image search: [Google]
Monster_glacius_large.jpg
105KB, 722x454px
Forefather:
Weaponry/movelist:
-RIP AND TEAR, range 5, deals damage of higher roll.
-Roar, range 6, stun on nat20.
-Rest, heal HP equal to combined rolls, on nat1 lose 5 turns.
-Rage, take and deal 2x damage next 3 turns.
Mobility 3
HP 400
Special: Non-unique Horka units cannot enter within 5 units of the Forefather out of fear/respect.
>>
Gues forefather death got retconned, annd Divide it by tso but make all their range melee with a disadvantage against flying units
>>
Splutnik Units:

>Assault Squad:
Movelist:
-Zap Rifle, range 5.
-Atomic Grenade, range 3, deals d6 damage.
-Ray-Beam Mortar, range 6, deals 3x damage but takes a turn to prepare.
Mobility 2
HP 2

> Retrofitted Escape Pod:
Weapons:
-Force Projector, range 8, can target body parts.
-Attractor Beam, range 2, lifts and carries up to 3 squads at once.
-Energy Barrier, range 0, adds a not-stacking 2d20 shield.
Mobility 15
HP 10

>Mothership:
Weaponry:
-Electron Blasters, range 5, attacks with lower roll damage four times.
-Slipspace Drive, teleport within 2d20 units.
-Automated Repair Subsystem, range 0, deals negative damage.
-Nuclear Warhead Rocket, range 10.
-Particle Static Notgun, range 30, deals (high-low)*turns spent charging.
Mobility 35
HP 150+50, 1 location

Special: Can only activate with two rolls greater than 15.
>>
>>1111308
ooh, good idea. do you want to do a rewrite or nah?
>>
>Plantkin and Jam units:

>PPR, Workers' and Peasants' Green Army Forcible Liberation Detachment:
Movelist:
-Pumpkin Bomb, range 2, x2 damage
-Broccoli Pitchfork, range 1
-Cabbage Medic, heals 1/2 damage
Mobility 2 (4 on forest or grass)
HP 8, takes x2 damage

>TRS, Holy Unification Legion:
Movelist:
-Lemon Juicer, range 3, deals damage normally and enemy is unable to attack next turn on nat6.
-Bush Woodsman, range 0, makes unit invisible for 1d6 turns when not moving.
Mobility 2 (4 on forest or grass)
HP 4

>Jam Tribe:
Movelist:
-Nomad, doubles move range for this turn only.
-Plantkin-Kin, range 2, splits healing "damage" between Jams and any plantkin unit.
-Summon Forest Spirit, range 1, summons Lesser Forest Spirit.
Mobility 3 (4 in forest)
HP 5, 2 locations:
-tribespeople, 4 HP
-Shaman, 1 HP, needed to summon spirits

>Lesser Forest Spirit
Movelist:
-Heal, range 3, heals jam or plantkin unit (including self).
-Thorny Vines, range 3, deals damage and halves enemy speed next turn.
-Nature spirit, range 0, changes 3x3 tiles from mountain>desert>grass>forest, ice and water unaffected.
Mobility 1 (5 in forest or grass)
HP 2

>Plantkin Statue:
Movelist:
-Vines, range 1, reduces enemy movement to 1 in 3x3 radius.
-Cornucopia, range 0, fully heals plantkin units.
Mobility 0
HP 10, 1 location

>Desert Jams:
Movelist:
-Wasp Stingers, range 2
-Spider Bite, range 1, deals 1/2 damage next turn.
-Summon Greater Forest Spirit, range 1
Mobility 4 (6 in desert)
HP 6
Special: Survivalist, unaffected by environment or terrain.

>Greater Forest Spirit:
Movelist:
-Heal, range 3, heal jam or plantkin unit (including self)
-INFINITE CACTUS, range 5, deals x2 damage if cast on desert tile.
-Succulent, heal 2 health if on desert tile.
Mobility 3
HP 4
hfs why is this so much more fun than the actual game
>>
GDB units

>Ninjas:
Movelist:
-Chameleon, become untargetable next 3 turns except on nat1
-Backstab, range 1, deals x2 damage.
Mobility 3 (5 when cloaked)
HP 2

>Warrior Castes:
Movelist:
-Slave Shield, double health and health pool next turn.
-Coordinated Attack, range 2, can target locations.
-Subterranean, triples move speed through continuous mountain tiles next turn.
Mobility 3
HP 6, 2 parts:
-Slaves, 3 HP, needed for slave shield.
-Warriors, 3 HP, needed for coordinated attack.

>Skulptor Team:
Movelist:
-Fortification, range 2, creates 3x1 wall with 1d20 HP.
-Entrench, range 2, doubles health of GDB unit if they remain stationary.
-Repair, range 1, heals structures by 1d20
Mobility 2 (3 through mountain)
HP 3

>God-Emperor:
Movelist:
-Manage, range 6, +3 next roll of GDB units in range.
-Lead, range 4, doubles GDB damage on one enemy unit within range for 2 turns.
Mobility 1 (if adjacent to GDB unit, can move with them instead)
HP 2 (will deflect damage to any adjacent GDB units)
>>
>>1111327
nah too much work
>>
BB units:

>Bloody Bastards Warship:
Movelist:
-Favorable Winds, +1d6 move this turn.
-Meritocratic Mercenaries, absorb x2 allied army unit's HP, disbanding them in the process.
-Ballista Volley, range 5, deals 1d6 damage to up to three body parts at once
-Ram, range 1, deals x2 damage to enemy and 1/2 damage to self.
Mobility 8 (limited to water, obviously)
HP 10
Special: can selectively act as a army or single unit to get bonuses.

>Bloody Bastard Rowboat:
Movelist:
-Crossbows, range 3
-Tender, range 1, can take 1 BB land unit aboard at a time.
Mobility 6 (limited to within 5 tiles of coast or BB warship)

Will be continued in about an hour-ish.
>>
>>1111610
Horka-Bork Mk. II:

>Young Horka:
Movelist:
-Club, range 1
-Rock, range 4, only hits if d6 is 4+
Mobility 5
HP 10
Special: When reduced to 1 HP, all "wild" Horka will attack adjacent Horka units; if they are successful in killing them, the Horka gets the HP of the dead unit.

>Adult Horka:
Movelist:
-Large Club, range 2
-Large Rock, range 5, hits on d6 4+
Mobility 5
HP 20
Special: same as above

Gruffholmian units

>Stone legionnaire:
Movelist:
-Giant Spear, range 8, only 4 uses
-Giant Spear, range 2
-Knogg Meat, range 3, heal Snowapean, Horka, or Gneep unit for 1d6 health.
Mobility 4
HP 40
Stone Shield: HP 20, if higher 1d20 roll < 9 attack does not penetrate.

>Crossballista Horka:
Movelist:
-Bolt Thrower, range 15
-Knoggfat Firebolt, range 12, reduces target HP pool by 1d6.
-Steel Greatdagger, range 2, deals extra 1d6 damage.
Mobility 3
HP 30

>Bortok:
Movelist:
-Great Steel Greatsword, range 5, deals extra 1d20 damage.
-Great Repeater, range 17
-Phalanx, if flanked by Gruffholmian units on opposite sides, deflects 1/2 damage to each of them instead. Effect travels down formations, halving each time.
Mobility 8
HP 60
Iron shield: HP 30, same penetration rules.
>>
>>1111583
2 more:

>Testudo Guards:
Movelist:
-Coordinated Attack, range 2, can target body parts/locations.
-Glowfruit, range 1, heals GDB unites for 2 HP.
-Martyr, damage that would be done to adjacent GDB units is deflected to this one.
Mobility 4 (5 thru mountain)
HP 7
Special: Automatically takes damage for adjacent God-Emperors, without using a turn.

>Slave Hoard:
Movelist:
-Stampede, range 2, moves to attacked tile.
-Battlefield Promotion, range 1, heals GDB units with remaining health, disbanding this unit.
Mobility 2
HP 2
>>
>>1111611

>Bloody Bastard Gang:
Movelist:
-Ragtag Charge, range 3, move to attacked tile
-Archery Teams, range 6
-Hold the Line, unable to move this turn, deals 1d20 damage to enemy on successful defense.
Mobility 6
HP 7

>The Bastards
Movelist:
-Equal Opportunity, all BB units roll 1d6 higher next turn.
-Father to His Men, all BB units take 1d6 less damage next turn.
-Brotherly Charge, range 4, move to attacked tile.
-Longbow Teams, range 7
-Stand Our Ground, adds 1d6 to this units rolls for every turn spent stationary.
Mobility 6
HP 8
Special: can only be killed by attacker rolling doubles.
>>
>>1109375
If no one minds, I'm going to add a bit to this to keep JUMBA-01 up to speed with everything else.

>JUMBA-01:
Movelist:
-Rocket Punch, range 15, cannot be used twice in a row
-Flaming Sword, range 2, reduces enemies HP pool by lower roll.
-Deadly Pun, no range, deals 2x 2d20 damage to targeted allied unit.
Mobility 20
HP 20, 5 locations:
-Leg 1, HP 4
-Leg 2, HP 4
-Arm 1, HP 4
-Arm 2, HP 4
-Chest, HP 4
Special: If a body part is destroyed, it is repaired by the Ooga-Booga in 1d6 turns. JUMBA-01's head (HP 4) can only be damaged when all other parts are inactive.

Seriously tho I should write for GW or something.
>>
>>1112063
Also, the body parts affect his stats: legs 1 & 2 account for 10 move each; without them, he is stuck. Arm 1 is the rocket punch, arm 2 is the sword. Chest must be repaired before other parts can be attached, obviously.
>>
Misc units:

>Lily Company Clipper:
Movelist:
-Speedy Delivery, increase move by 1d6 next turn.
-Safe Passage, range 2, can hold 3 army units.
Mobility 8
HP 3

>Lily Company Galleon:
Movelist:
-Speedy Delivery, increase move by 1d6 next turn.
-Safe Passage, range 3, can hold 5 units.
-Trusted Courier, cannot be sunk by anything <20 next turn, loses 1d6 move this turn.
Mobility 9
HP 5
Special: Cannot go within 2 tiles of land due to size.

>Snowpean Tribe:
Movelist:
-Spearthrowers, range 2
-Smoked Knogg, range 2, heal self and 1 Snowpean, Horka, or Gneep unit for 1d6 health.
Mobility 2 (4 on ice)
HP 4

>Senkidu's rest:
Movelist:
-Solaris: every 24 turns, roll 1d6:
1: Heal units within 5x5 for 1d20.
2: Attack nearest enemy unit for 2d20 damage.
3: Increase every allies move by 1d6 next turn.
4: Nearest allied unit gets a 2d20 barrier.
5: Roll again at dawn, in 12 turns, as well as tomorrow morning.
6: Summon avatar of Senkidu.
Mobility 2
HP 10

>Avatar of Senkidu:
Movelist:
-Flare, range 10, reduce enemy HP pool by 1d6.
-Sunbeam, range 5, heal allies in range by 1d6.
-Corona, range 14
-Light Shield, add d20-d6 to barrier.
-Sunrise, Increase move by 1d20 this turn, heal self by 1d6.
Mobility 20
HP 5+10 Barrier
Special: no matter what, this unit will disappear at sunset, 12 turns after being summoned.
>>
>>1112158
>Snowpean Dreamon Cultists:
Movelist:
-Spearthrowers, range 2
-Sacrifice, reduce HP to 1 and summon Tamed Dreamon. HP must be greater than 1.
Mobility 2 (4 on ice)
HP 4

>Tamed Dreamon:
Movelist:
-Shadow Jump, add 1d6 to move this turn, lose turn on nat1.
-Natural weapons, range 3, 1d6 damage.
Mobility 6
HP 25
Special: All attacks do 1/2 damage, lose 1 HP per turn, cannot be healed.

>Urpean tribe:
Movelist:
-Spearfishers, range 2
-Smoked Fish, range 2, heal unit for 1d6.
-Cordyspark Trance, do nothing this turn but get x2 roll next turn.
Mobility 4
HP 4

>Urpean Standing Stones:
Movelist:
-Cosmic Alignment, range 15, add 1d6 to chosen units next roll.
-Solar Flare, add 3 to all Psumerians next rolls.
-Lunar Eclipse, add 1d6 to all GDB units next roll.
-Blood Moon, increase damage of allied units by 1 on successful attacks next turn.
-Proscience, on a nat20, select any unit; allies will deal double damage to it by exploiting a hidden weakness.
Mobility 0
HP 10
>>
>>1104823
The Gneeps have managed to find an application for their newly invented engines: improving their boats. They have also made other improvements to their boats, such as a supply of explosive devices that utilize Knogg oil.
Gneep battleships:
Weaponry
-fuel bomb, range 4, launches a bomb that sets a 3x3 area on fire
Mobility 8
HP 6
Special: carries up to 3 Gneep squads.
Gneep squad
Weaponry
-support telekinesis, 1d6 range, can move other army units for up to 1d8 tiles
-offensive telekinesis, 1d6 range
-defensive telekinesis, roll 1d8, if nat8 this unit can ignore 1 attack with more than 2 range.
Mobility 3
HP 2
>>
>>1104879
>While that's one of the things it can do as a defense mechanism
>one of the things it can do
Well, I guess the harvesters also have army units now

>Mini-worker units:
Weaponry:
-repair protocols, range 1, heals 2 HP
-welder, range 1, deals 1 damage, sets target on fire,only works on burnable things
Mobility 3
HP 3

>Mini-warrior units:
Weaponry
-lasers, 8 range, burns target
-self-destruct, deals 1d6 damage and burns everyone in 3x3 radius around the unit, destroys the unit
Mobility 4
HP 4

>scientist units:
Weaponry
-scanners, roll 1d6 against the target, result is bonus damage you get against that unit, can only be used once on any given unit
-chemical warfare, 5x5 range, roll 1d4 for results
1-fail
2-all burnable units in range start burning
3-poison gases, all living units in range have their mobility and HP halved.
4-spores, all living units in range lose 1 HP and join the side of harvesters
Mobility 2
HP 4

>Messenger Unit:
Weaponry
-factory, create any of the three units described above, can be used twice per turn
-wormhole, summons a harvester, can only be used once per 24 turns
-point defense cannons, 14 range, can fire 4 times per turn
Mobility 1
HP 300, 4 locations
-head, 70 HP
-body, 140 HP
-main core, can only be destroyed after the body, 85 HP
-secondary core, can only be destroyed after the head, responsible for point defense cannons, 5 HP
>>
>>1111920
>Stone Legionnaire
Movelist:
-Giant Spear, range 2
-Knogg Meat, range 3, heal Snowapean, Horka, or Gneep unit for 1d6 health.
Mobility 4
HP 40
Special:
when two legionnaires are adjacent to each other attacks against both legionnaires get a -1 on their roll, can stack 3 times max should the legionnaires get into a shield wall formation

The turtle(requires a minimum of 10 legionnaires, maximum is 50): should the legionnaires form a turtle they may only move once every three turns but adds -7 on attacks against the legionnaires within the turtle formation, this increases by 1 with every ten legionnaires added to the formation
>>
Suddenly, the wormhole created by the destruction of magical gateways surges and pulsates, and out of it steps a battered, blood-covered small mech suit, followed by eight more identical mechs... When suddenly, a different machine jumps out of the wormhole and swiftly destroys one of the mechanical before escaping.

>GOOD GUYS:
>Aquamech:
Weaponry
-wavegun, 10 range in water, 3 range on land, when fired on land -10 damage penalty
-electroharpoon, 5 range, if attack is successful target can't do anything for 1 turn
-water dash, can only be used once per 5 turns, triples mobility for 1 turn, only usable when in water
-sword, 2 range
Mobility 15 in water, 3 on land
HP 16, 4 locations
legs, 4 HP
arm L, 4 HP
arm R, 4 HP
body, 4 HP
Special: starts the battle with half HP, only 8 aquamechs exist.

>BAD GUYS:
>$CRAZY MONEY MACHINE$:
Special: has an additional stat called "WP"
Weaponry
-mining beam, range 1, deals 250 damage
-steal, when in a populated area such as a city, WP increases by one point every turn
-$FREELY WATCH AD-FREE ADVERTISEMENTS !!RIGHT NOW!!$, range 5x5, affected units can't do anything for 2 turns, consumes 1 WP per use
-bribe your way to victory, range 5, one unit of the Bloody Bastards faction joins the side of the harvesters, consumes 2 WP per use
-scavenger, for every unit an unit with scavenger ability defeats it gains one WP
-drunk on wealth, when this unit moves all adjacent units take damage equal to WP stat of this unit
-regeneration, when in water tongue location recovers 1*WP HP per turn
Mobility 40 in water, 15 on land
HP variable, 5 locations
body, 5*WP
leg L, 4*WP
leg R, 4*WP
head, 4*WP
tongue, responsible for WP-related attacks, 3*WP
>>
>>1112900
$CRAZY MONEY MACHINE$ starts the battle with 2 WP.
>>
Random trivia: all non-scout harvesters are custom-built for the planet they are tasked to harvest. For example, $CRAZY MONEY MACHINE$ is designed to operate on an aquatic planet populated by rich and greedy people.
>>
Pakkadian and Pabyssinian troops:

>soldiers
Weaponry
-coordinated attack w/ crossbows, range 6, can target location, has a minimum range of 2
-swords, range 1
-hold the line, unable to move this turn, deals 1d20 damage to enemy on successful defense
Mobility 2
HP 4

>horse cavalry:
Weaponry
-stampede, range 3, moves to attacked tile and deals 1d6 damage to all army units between the attacked tile and original position
-crossbows, range 6, minimum range 2
-swords, range 1
-dismount, unit separates into "soldiers" unit and "horses" unit
Mobility 7
HP 5

>horses
Weaponry
-back kick, 1 range
Mobility 6
HP 1
>>
>>1104662
H'amu units:

>Hyemi riders:
Weaponry
-spears, 2 range
-stampede, 3 range, moves to attacked tile, deals 1d6 damage to all army units between attacked tile and original position
-archery, 5 range
Mobility 8
HP 4
>>
>>1112900
is...is this canon?
>>
>>1113059
this might be a stupid question, but is there any point in using the spears? arrows do the same damage and have better range...
maybe arrows can only be fired at targets exactly 3 tiles away or something
>>
>>1113104
...*at least
>>
>>1112688
>Gneep Tribe:
Movelist:
-Millipede Armor, reduces damage this turn by 1.
-Pressure Wave, deals damage to all units in 3x3 area.
-Push, range 2, deal damage and move enemy unit 2 tiles.
Mobility 2
HP 2
Special: All Gneep armies can move over any terrain.
>>
>>1113102
That depends on whether you think it should be Canon or not.
>>
>>1113104
Maybe give them the ability to use both in one turn, so that they can attack twice if an enemy is in range of both weapons?
>>
>>1113121
I am willing to retcon them but I don't know if everyone wants that.
>>
Can someone modify the map (>>1100925) to be less civilisation-ey and more wargame-ey so that the battle can happen? Thanks in advance for anyone who does this.
>>
>>1113348
I'll try, but I'm pretty sure we aren't going to ever get around to doing the battle for more than a few turns :/
Making the units is hella fun tho, I'd actually really like a thread with just that and maybe some small skirmishes.
>>
>Ooga-Booga Tribe:
Movelist:
-Curare Dart, range 2
-Forest Spirits, heal 1 HP and become untargetable next turn (except on d6 nat1)
Mobility 2 (4 in forest or on island)
Special: deals x2 damage when both units are on Ooga-Booga Island.

>A Magical Wizard!:
Movelist:
-1d6 roll:
1: The nearest units next roll is changed to -1. Can apply to more than one unit, ignores any modifiers.
2: Flip 5x5 tile area, both horizontally and vertically.
3: Teleport closest army unit to Fireball Island.
4: Fully heal self, gain +1 possible HP.
5: Deal 1d20 damage in 3x3 area, including to self.
6: No matter what, this unit will have exactly 1 HP at the end of next turn.
-Too Many, on d6 roll of 5+, create another wizard unit at Fireball Island.
Mobility 2
HP 2
Special: Takes 1/2 damage from army units.
>A Murderhobo Party!:
Movelist:
-1d6 roll:
1: Swap rolls of 2 closest units, after applying all modifiers. If this applies to more than 2 units, rotate their rolls clockwise.
2: Teleport this unit to Fireball island, losing 1 HP and leaving the “A Magical Wizard” unit in its place.
3: All units on the same continent lose 1 move next turn, minimum 1.
4: if d20 roll is even, fully heal and teleport to another continent; if odd, this unit dies and all units in 5x5 area lose next turn.
5: Deal 2d20 damage to unit with highest possible HP on map; damage closest if more than 1 exist.
6: If this unit rolls another six on its next turn, the dragon and ogre are released from their terrible, very shitty island.
Mobility 3 (1 over water)
HP 6
Special: If an attacking unit rolls a 1 on either roll, they do no damage to anyone this turn.
>>
Order of Knowledge units:

>Research Group:
Movelist:
-Research, range 2, 1d6 roll is allied bonus damage against targeted unit, can only be rolled once for each unit.
-Explosive Bolts, range 3, +2 against army units.
-Advanced Medicine, range 1, always heal unit for 3 HP.
Mobility 3
HP 2
>Rocket Probe Launcher:
Movelist:
-Arrow Barrage, range 5, damages 3x3 area, cannot move this turn.
-Anti-Titan Ammo, range 6, damages all locations, x2 damage, lose next turn.
Mobility 2
HP 3
>Exploratory Steamboat:
Movelist:
-Overclock, lose 1 HP, add 1d6 to move this turn. If used at 1 HP, does no damage but adds 1/2 move.
-Reconnaissance, range 4, add 1d6 to Scientarium damage against targeted unit. Cannot be rerolled.
-Greek Fire Jars, set fire to 3x3 area for 1d6 turns, dealing full damage to units except steamboats. Only works on water tiles.
-Fire Dragon Rocket, range 5, deals damage to 9 tiles in a X pattern.
-Repair, range 1, always heals water unit for 2 HP.
Mobility 5
HP 7
>Aerothermal Survey Craft:
Movelist:
-Stoke Engine, +1 move and ignore ground attacks this turn.
-Incendiary Bombardment, range 2, sets forest or grass tiles on fire for 1d6 turns, dealing full damage to any units that pass through.
-Full Aerial Survey, range 3, add 1d6 damage to Scientarium units on enemies in a fixed 5x5 area. Can be rerolled.
Mobility 2
HP 2
>Palanquin:
Movelist:
-Inspiration, add 1 to the HP pool of a selected OoK unit class.
-Deep Thought, OoK units get a 1d6 bonus against selected faction for 1d20 turns. Cannot be rerolled until expired.
-Musket Team, range 2, attacks all enemies in range, cannot be used twice in a row.
Mobility 1
HP 2
Special: cannot move through mountain tiles.
>>
>>1112158
> Lily Company Convoy:
Movelist:
-Donner, heal 1d6 -2 HP on mountain tile
-Ford, move across 1 water tile but nothing else
-Hunt, heal 1 HP
Mobility 5
HP 4
Special: can carry 1 army unit
>>
>>1113059
>H’ui Warrior
Movelist:
-Javelin, range 3
-Weighted Net, range 2, -2 target move next turn, no damage.
-Brutal Charge, range 3, moves to attacked tile, deals 1d6 damage to all units between attacked tile and original position (including allies).
Mobility 8
HP 4
Special: deals x2 damage to units slowed by H’amu units
>H'amu Gai a H'amu
Movelist:
-Bloody Lance, range 3, always deals 1d6 damage
-Spiked Chain Net, range 3, -2 target move next turn, deals damage.
-Bloodthirsty Stampede, range 5, moves to attacked tile, deals 2d6 damage to all units between attacked tile and original position (including allies).
-Sacrificial Dagger, range 1, deals x2 damage, full heal on successful kill.
Mobility 9
HP 6
Special: -2 damage to Jam units when stampeding.
>>
>>1113857
well to be fair mainland Horkas are already warring with the dwellers
>>
>>1114350
If you give me a little while, I can make a map and we could test out the combat system by doing a small-scale horka vs dwelling battle?
>>
What do you guys think about making the next thread a "war edition" with the battle system having more focus than lore building?
>>
File: base map thing.png (9KB, 585x386px) Image search: [Google]
base map thing.png
9KB, 585x386px
>>1114553
Ok, heres a part of the map i have finished. I'm going to quickly place down some basic horka and dwelling units, just to see how they compare and what we need to add to the combat system.
>>
>>1109643
Special:if mining beam has been used against all factions other than harvesters, all scout harvesters retreat to Messenger Unit and go back into the wormhole to deliver the data they acquired with the scanners in their mining beams. If at least one succeeds in escaping, from the next turn onward all harvester units get +4 modifier to their rolls.
>>
File: units.png (17KB, 585x386px) Image search: [Google]
units.png
17KB, 585x386px
>>1116202
OK, here are some of the common units for both factions; rules below. horka start up north, GDB in the south. someone else can set up the actual armies.

>Young Horka:
Movelist:
-Club, range 1
-Rock, range 4, only hits if d6 is 4+
Mobility 5
HP 10
Special: When reduced to 1 HP, all "wild" Horka will attack adjacent Horka units; if they are successful in killing them, the Horka gets the HP of the dead unit.
>Adult Horka:
Movelist:
-Large Club, range 2
-Large Rock, range 5, hits on d6 4+
Mobility 5
HP 20
Special: same as above
>Stone legionnaire:
Movelist:
-Giant Spear, range 2
-Knogg Meat, range 3, heal Snowpean, Horka, or Gneep unit for 1d6 health.
Mobility 4
HP 40
Special: when two legionnaires are adjacent to each other attacks against both legionnaires get a -1 on their roll, can stack 3 times max should the legionnaires get into a shield wall formation
>Crossballista Horka:
Movelist:
-Bolt Thrower, range 15
-Knoggfat Firebolt, range 12, reduces target HP pool by 1d6.
-Steel Greatdagger, range 2, deals extra 1d6 damage.
Mobility 3
HP 30

>Slave Hoard:
Movelist:
-Stampede, range 2, moves to attacked tile.
-Battlefield Promotion, range 1, heals GDB units with remaining health, disbanding this unit. Can exceed normal HP caps.
Mobility 2
HP 2
>Warrior Castes:
Movelist:
-Slave Shield, double health and health pool next turn.
-Coordinated Attack, range 2, can target locations.
-Subterranean, triples move speed through continuous mountain tiles next turn.
Mobility 3
HP 6, 2 parts:
-Slaves, 3 HP, needed for slave shield.
-Warriors, 3 HP, needed for coordinated attack.
>Skulptor Team:
Movelist:
-Fortification, range 2, creates 3x1 wall with 1d20 HP.
-Entrench, range 2, doubles health of a GDB unit while they remain stationary.
-Repair, range 1, heals structures by 1d20.
Mobility 2 (3 through mountain)
HP 3
>Ninjas:
Movelist:
-Chameleon, become untargetable next 3 turns, must remain uncloaked for 1 turn between uses.
-Backstab, range 1, deals x2 damage.
Mobility 3 (5 when cloaked)
HP 2
>>
File: battle.png (21KB, 585x386px) Image search: [Google]
battle.png
21KB, 585x386px
>>1116243
Placed the GDB units
>>
File: battle.png (21KB, 585x386px) Image search: [Google]
battle.png
21KB, 585x386px
>>1116257
And the Horka units
>>
>>1116270
how do I dictate my moves
>>
>>1118424
First we should see who moves first. 1 for grab, 2 for horka
>>
Rolled 88, 20 = 108 (2d100)

>>1119463
>>
>>1119466
Ok, now we figure out whether you move or act first. I would say roll and act in one post, than move, just because a ton of actions affect speed.
>>
>>1119468
yes but how does one dictate the destination of their moves and also is it possible to retreat my forces from the skirmish
>>
>>1120558
This is just a test battle, don't worry about winning or losing the "war". Just say which unit does what action on their list of possible moves, with a bunch of rolls to go with them. It might help to make little notations in the corner of each unit of the same class with a distinct color to identify them in text. After you roll, copy and paste the sprites into were you want to move them and assess how successful your actions and rolls were. This whole thing will probably take a few posts per turn. Do you want to go first?
>>
this has straight up turned into an rts, wtf?
>>
>>1122998
ikr
>>1120821
I want my legionnaires to form a perimeter around the mountain with the ballista hiding in the back of the shields of the legionnaires
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.