[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously, what makes NEETs feel so superior over normalfags?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (182KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 1024x768px
Seriously, what makes NEETs feel so superior over normalfags? Why do they think NEETs so "good" and normalfags so "bad"?
Is this even a bit resonable?
>>
>>880951
>Seriously, what makes NEETs feel so superior over normalfags?
They think they've got life all figured out, because they didn't have to get a job.

>Why do they think NEETs so "good" and normalfags so "bad"?
Normies are suckers. That's it.

>Is this even a bit resonable?
From the NEET perspective, yes.
>>
>>880951
NEETs are normally above average intelligence people with large emotional issues that prevent them from blending into society.
In an effort to justify to the world why they can't fit in despite being smarter than the average Joe, they lash out against them with the subconscious belief that they're helping themselves.
>>
>>880951
We NEETs are treated as trash by society (mostly deservedly so). When you're shat on by others you want to shit on them back

It's easiest to do this anonymously on the internet. To tell the truth there are a lot of advantages to being a NEET and I would say that it's better than working minimum wage.
>>
NEETs want to be left alone and don't really enter these pissing contests. It sounds like you're talking about /r9k/ idiots that call themselves NEETs because they hate homework or didn't go to the school dance.
>>
>>880974
>go to school
but anon, NEETs by defination are not in education systems
>>
>>880990
That's the point. It's become a tribal identity that they associate with ">tfw no gf" blogging instead of the actual, technical definition that generally implies mental illness or other disability. Personally, I don't use NEET on these boards any more because the term has become just as meaningless as "normalfag". Hiki is more accurate, anyway.
>>
>>880965
>above average intelligence
Wrong.
>>
every wageslave ultimately aspires to retire and become a NEET
>>
>>881082
I don't think retirement counts
>>
File: 1481556234207.jpg (89KB, 674x508px) Image search: [Google]
1481556234207.jpg
89KB, 674x508px
>>880951
Autism
>>
>>881498
Which is my big problem with the term, really. There are a number of perfectly dignified life paths which are tecnically not in employment, education, or training, yet most people would say shouldn't be lumped in with the people one typically associates with the term "NEET.". Retirees are one; homemakers are another. People with actual disabilities, permanent or temporary, also shouldn't be counted as NEETs. And, of course, there are those actively seeking employment.

We need a better term. "NEET" is too simplistic. Which is probably exactly how NEETs want it, because that makes it harder to bring stigma to bear against them.
>>
>>881002
I am NEET, but I am not hikikomori at all. I go out regularly, just not to work.
>>
>>880951
They need to find a reason to be a friendless, poor, unemployed social outcast who lives at home, so they make fun of people with real lives.
>>
Is it true that most of NEETs are interested in anime?
>>
>>882635
I'm not sure a survey has evsr been taken. Many are, around these parts, but this is an anime Website, so it should come as no surprise that the NEETs we attract would also be interested in anime.

Honestly, I suspect that NEETs tend to adopt the popular geeky hobbies of their parent cultures: things involving a lot of mental stimulation. This is not a statement against geekiness as much as a logistical necessity: the day is long, and you need a lot of stimulation to stave off boredom. If you're not getting that stimulation physically or socially (through jobs or friends), you still need to get it somehow, and the geeky pursuits offer a way to do that.
>>
File: 1481680194293.png (219KB, 1199x444px) Image search: [Google]
1481680194293.png
219KB, 1199x444px
Trying to hide their misery
>>
>>882685
But it's only for 4chan, not NEETs in general. I mean, a lot of them I met are interested in anime instead of (3D) TV shows or films. If they want to get stimulation to stave off boredom, why don't they watch 3D shows? What makes anime stand out on this issue?
>>
>>882706
Anime focuses on the ideal rather than the real.
>>
>>882635
I was a NEET before I liked anime. I watched all of the TV series that interested me and then I had to turn to anime.

Jesus Christ I just had to solve 7 captchas.
>>
>>882635
>>882685
>>883187
NEETs in general don't really like Hollywood so they turn to foreign media.

The less interaction with real life celebrities, the better.

If NEETs hate normalfags, then Hollywood is the most normalfag culture you can get.
>>
>>880951
First of all there is no real NEET vs normalfag dichotomy. There are scores of NEETS that don't even use the internet or even have a clue what "normalfag" means, and in fact many of them are normalfags themselves.

However, if you have in mind the general kind of user of 4chan that likes to think himself separate from the normalfags (let me just call them NN's for short, non-normalfags)
then I could simply answer your question by flipping it around. What is it that makes normalfags think they're superior to a virgin? Or superior to someone who still lives with their parents and just engages his hobbies all day?

They are just totally different ways of looking at the world.
and I actually suspect that the later would be a LOT larger than it is today if it weren't for the fact that the real world always comes in and slaps us across the face saying "get a job" or "you're going to die one day, don't you want to reproduce to leave a legacy?"

After doing it long enough (if you're privileged enough to have that opportunity in the first place) you really do start to get very disconnected from the rest of life. It may be that it starts out as a joke, but as someone who's had the luxury of being a NEET for about 5yrs before I can say that I legitimately would feel sorry for normalfags. Their rat race lives where everything centers around sex and money seemed about the most pathetic thing I could possibly think of during that time.
I'm more a part of it now because I had to a get a job, but I still can't help but feel that this life is total bullshit and almost makes no sense. The NEET life is the only real life as far as I'm concerned. Everything else is just an illusion mean to keep us complacent and contributing to the system, to propel us forward to the day when all of humanity will basically be NEETs
>>
>>883238
But why?
>>
File: 1352109421496.jpg (440KB, 1936x1540px) Image search: [Google]
1352109421496.jpg
440KB, 1936x1540px
>>882706
>>882719
Yeah, what that guy said. Anime and most Japanese games are far better at escapism if you're dealing with the hiki variety of NEET.
3D reminds you about real life: it reminds you about a girl you once liked in high school; it reminds you of the friends you might have had when you were young; it reminds you of everything you can't do and everything you left behind.
>>
>>883443
Western cartoon is more so though
>>
>>882635
I genuinely believe that anime is a good treatment for depression, and that's why it's so popular with the people who post here.
>Bright colours
>Inoffensive
>Happy music
>Everything about it is cheerful
>Clearly targeted at people with no gf
>Provides all the emotional comfort that NEETs can't get anywhere else

Look at the opening to Mitsudomoe. Don't you automatically feel happier just by watching it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fbM1KMEaGE

It's no wonder that miserable degenerates can't get enough of this shit.
>>
>>880951
their 2 inch NEET dicks gives them an inferiority complex and they need to find excuses to make themselves feel better about it
>>
>>884608
No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7_-RBl0lfY
>>
>>884608
>Mitsudomoe
Actually that anime makes me feel a bit disgusted since it's about little girls talking about dicks and shit.
>>
>>884608
>>884612
https://youtube.com/watch?v=W4JXvP-yHbw
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.