[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we renew the sense of unity between the boards? Everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

How do we renew the sense of unity between the boards? Everyone seems to be at war now.
>>
Delete /qa/.
>>
>>437930
Repeal Rule 15.
>>
It's easy, OP. Hiro just needs to grant every request on this board:

1. Delete /pol/. Political discussion on 4chan is now banned.

2. Generals are banned, as well as anyone who ever posted in one.

3. Any user who mentions R*ddit is range banned, the thread they mentioned it in is deleted, and all users who posted in it are banned for at least a month, no appeals.

4. Sound webms are allowed, but only if they are screamers.

5. Rule 15 is repealed: Ponies can now be posted anywhere, at anytime, for any reason.

6. /a/ becomes a containment board. Anime cannot be posted outside of /a/. Mentioning the existence of Japan, or anything related to it, outside of /a/ becomes a bannable offense.

7. Finally, now that 4chan has been fixed, /qa/ is no longer necessary and is deleted.
>>
>>437942
Skip to 7
>>
>>437942
shalom reddit
>>
>>437942
You forgot making frogposting a permaban
>>
>>437950
thats how you know a reddit user made that post
>>
>>437950

8. Posting any version of Pepe is a permaban.

9. IPs outside of America, Canada, and Britain are blocked

10. CAPTCHA is removed; instead, you have to provide a scan of your driver's license, to prove you're not underage
>>
>>437955
>Canada
aka Reddit: The Country
>>
>>437958

11. America, Canada, and Britain IPs are also blocked. 4chan Passes are required to post.
>>
>>437930
Two words: Chan War
>>
>>437963
It sounds like you're looking for Something Awful but came to 4chan instead
>>
>>437972
It's the only way to keep Redditors out.
>>
>>437942
Quality bait
>>
>>437974
It sounds like you're looking for Something Awful but came to 4chan instead
>>
>>438052
It's the only way to keep Redditors out.
>>
>>437963
Disregard that, every country except North Korea is banned.
>>
>>437942
What great ideas mobile poster.
>>
I want the unity to come back. Ever since 2014 the divide has gotten so bad on here almost everyone hates each other now.
>>
File: 1411359543881[2].jpg (20KB, 286x502px) Image search: [Google]
1411359543881[2].jpg
20KB, 286x502px
>>437968
>mfw
>>
The site is less unified because there is not as strong of an "us vs the world" feel.

Now some newer people try to push "the world's" standards on us instead of respecting that 4chan is a separate, exotic entity. They don't want to have a wild ride on the bucking bronco when they come here, they want to clip its balls and pull it in line with the petting zoo ponies that are the common social media sites out there. Why do they want to do that? I don't know. All I know is moot tried to oblige them for years starting in maybe 2012 and what did that do? Traffic has been on a slow and steady decline and many boards are more boring and "normal" than before.

Catering to boring people with outside interests and closed minds both makes the site boring and doesn't even boost traffic. Why? Even if these boring people now see 4chan as a viable option, it is still never going to be as safe and sanitized and government-approved as Reddit or Facebook, so given the choice, even if they see 4chan as not much different from those other sites but still far more socially questionable to be on, they go back to the safer options. 4chan's crazy history is etched in stone and cannot be undone. Endemic things to 4chan's youth that still persist, such as anime and /pol/ craziness, should be encouraged, not shut away, to help re-differentiate the site as having character, spunk, vitriol and yet also being funny and silly and gleefully stupid. That's what it always did best.

When it is actually at its best like that then its exoticness also again becomes a draw to the masses bored of the usual shit. Instead of a Reddit alternate they should once again see this place as a wild zoo. If they don't want to join in that is their fault, not ours, because we have a blast while they fence themselves off thinking the internet must be treated just like real life. We do not value what it means to be anonymous as much as we used to and need to get that pride back.
>>
Anime captcha or kana captcha.
>>
>>438085
>"us vs the world" feel
This was never a thing, retard. There was a lurk moar culture, not a us vs them mentality. The difference is massive.
>>
>>438096
What's the subtle distinction here?
>>
>>438096
One thing's for sure, there is an us vs them mentality RIGHT NOW. You can't go two steps without some idiot talking about Reddit, tumblr, SJWs, whatever. I honestly don't give a fuck but they won't SHUT THE FUCK UP.
>>
>>438085
You're beyond correct anon. Its these breed of newfags that want to change this board to suit their tastes. They think that with a new owner they can influence him to give them whatever they want. 2014 gave us a lot of unwanted attention, from The Fappening to Gamergate, that year lead us to where we are now.
>>
>>438145
Its not helping matters that we have a piss poor moderation team and janitors who delete things they don't like. At least something was done about Reddit in a sense, but still its not enough. We need the unity we used to have, but these underage faggots don't want that. They come here to shitpost because that's what they think 4chan is, a shitposting board for shitposting only while Reddit is for serious discussions.
>>
>>437930
Get all of /pol/, /r9k/ and /v/ newfags to fuck off this site again.
>>
At least two board-specific mods on each of the top 10 most popular boards. Keep the current mods global. Start banning things (images, comments, and even topics) that are known to incite rule-breaking posts. "Quality of Posts" should be seen as a more important rule. Make the website unfun for those that choose to act dumb or act like a blatant asshole for no reason. Become strict. Raise your standards. Make 4chan better than it was in the past.
>>
>>439213
>Make 4chan better than it was in the past.
While I agree somewhat with your idea, the only thing I have to say to this is 'no'. Fuck off. 4chan isn't mean to be serious or have incredibly high posting quality, it is meant to be fun. The website should strive to be the same as it was very much in the past, not 'better', you retard.

>e. Make the website unfun for those that choose to act dumb
Yes. Enforce board culture and tell those who are ignorant and stupid to fuck off.

>act like a blatant asshole for no reason
No, this isn't going anywhere. Kill yourself.
>>
>>439213
>"Quality of Posts" should be seen as a more important rule.
Mods don't give a fuck seeing as desu baka senpai was never a bannable offense but lo u tk him 2 da bar xD is.
>>
>>437930
Delete every non anime board.
Their normalfag cancer is what has ruined 4chan
>>
>>437930
For every major board, add an counterpart random board, which will be a designated free-fire zone for all and sundry. Obvious candidates are probably "Anime / Random", "Video Games / Random", and maybe "Traditional Games / Random." Let the people go wild.

Things that should probably be or remain banned in these boards are general threads, serious ERP, blatant off-topic circlejerking of the real-life blog variety. Bans should be applied liberally, especially against people who get in random shitfights or refuse to stop injecting real-world politics into what should be a "fun" board.

People should have a place to kick back and relax instead of taking shit so seriously all the fucking time.
>>
>>439278
>>439283
You're retarded and your idea is retarded. All those things should just be banned, simple as that. There is no reason to cater to stupidity. If people want to do that shit, there is already >>>/b/ and >>>/trash/
>>
>>439286
>All those things should just be banned, simple as that.
God forbid people have a bit of fun on the internet. Memes are terrible, right? 4chan should be all about very serious high-quality on-topic discussion. Derails and tangents should be executed on sight.

>If people want to do that shit, there is already >>>/b/ and >>>/trash/.
/b/ is unusable. /trash/ gathers people of too many differing interests to create a solid community.
>>
>>439288
>chan should be all about very serious high-quality on-topic discussion. Derails and tangents should be executed on sight.
Congrats on missing the point, you stupid retard. All of that shit is just shitposting and already have boards that fit them better. There is no need to make garbage boards that serve no purpose other than shitposting and cater to literal retards. Who gives two flying fucks if /b/ and /trash/ are garbage. They are garbage because only retards use them, the exact same retards who will use your stupid boards. Retards shouldn't be catered to, they should be banned. You just want themed /b/ boards and they will serve zero purpose and improve nothing, only serve to degrade everything.

>generals
Now, THESE don't have a place on 4chan AT ALL.
>>
>>439293
>Congrats on missing the point, you stupid retard. All of that shit is just shitposting
What's "low-quality" to you may be considered "high-quality" by other people, because it provides them entertainment.

>There is no need to make garbage boards that serve no purpose other than shitposting and cater to literal retards.
4chan was once a place where (supposedly) smart people came to act like retards. Now it's a place where people spend all day taking the piss out of each other. Enjoying stupid shit does not necessarily make you stupid.

>You just want themed /b/ boards
I would actually prefer that various 4chan boards lose the veneer of seriousness that seems to have blanketed them over the past four or five years, and return to the days when there was a lot of silly remix culture and you could laugh at dumb jokes without checking over your shoulder to see if there was a cultural policeman behind you ready to complain how you're ruining literally everything.

>Now, THESE don't have a place on 4chan AT ALL.
They are not going anywhere. I'm fairly sure the mods have very little interest in banning recurring threads given the tremendous amount of subjective adjudication (and resultant tremendous whining) this would involve.
>>
Rereading your first reply to me, which was >>439286, you said that:
>All those things should just be banned, simple as that.

What exactly were you referring to in my post?
>>
>>439302
Frisking won't suddenly make you right.

>What's "low-quality" to you may be considered "high-quality" by other people, because it provides them entertainment.
Replying to you any further after this comment is clearly pointless. You have that stupid extreme mindset no different to retarded /v/ermin that as long as its 'board related' it should be allowed, regardless of how stupid and low quality it is. It has nothing to do with how stupid something is and the fact the people who actively participate in it are fucking retarded and encourage retardation.

>I'm fairly sure the mods have very little interest in banning recurring threads given the tremendous amount of subjective adjudication (and resultant tremendous whining) this would involve.
No, no. I'm pretty fucking sure a good portion of the mods want them gone. Even moot disliked the fuckers. It's just they are lazy and don't want to put the god damn effort in after they already nuked them once. Once Hiro gets real internet, they will quickly be fucked in the arse, because they are at the top of a good majority of people's hitlist, and especially /a/'s.

Fun fact, the 'cultural policeman' were ALWAYS there. ALWAYS. Lurking moar shoudl always be encourged, retardedation should always be mocked and banned and acting like a underage should get you banned as well. It wasn't as active of a thing, because 4chan wasn't always so fucking fast. Your board idea is retarded and so are you. We don't need any more /b/'s, we already have /trash/ and /b/. I can promise you if you search the /q/ archive you'll find someone with the same idea as you and them being told to fuck off for being stupid as well. There might be a moot posting telling them they are stupid as well.
>>
>>439319
>Frisking
Come again?

>You have that stupid extreme mindset no different to retarded /v/ermin that as long as its 'board related' it should be allowed, regardless of how stupid and low quality it is.
You have still yet to explain why there shouldn't be a place for people to have their dumb, very tangentially board-related fun except that the people having it are "retarded." Come the fuck on. Half the stupid stunts that the 4chan mods have pulled were "retarded." They are presumably no more retarded than the average user, though I'm sure some people would beg to differ.

Otherwise intelligent human beings do manage to post on Futaba's 裏 boards and have been doing so for a while now, without an irreversible quality decline in their non-裏 halves.

>No, no. I'm pretty fucking sure a good portion of the mods want them gone.
They could, in fact, delete them on sight. They have the power. They're moderators.

I can't imagine why the fuck you think hiro having internet would have anything to do with it, especially when you consider that 2ch itself has general threads completely institutionalized, and moot had more of an interest (which still wasn't much) in getting rid of them than hiro probably ever will.

>Fun fact, the 'cultural policeman' were ALWAYS there.
They weren't always such miserable cunts.

>I can promise you if you search the /q/ archive you'll find someone with the same idea as you and them being told to fuck off for being stupid as well.
http://desustorage.org/q/thread/663156/

Largely neutral response; I feel like I recall someone asking moot about it in one of his monster Q&As but I don't think he got an answer.
>>
>>437942
>redditor
>anime-hater
>ponyfaggot
lol kill yourself
>>
>>439323
>You have still yet to explain why there shouldn't be a place for people to have their dumb, very tangentially board-related fun except that the people having it are "retarded."
Yea, it's called /b/ you fucking retard. That has always been its purpose. It being 'shit' doesn't matter. That's its purpose, there is no need for useless /b/ clones. Just fucking use /b/. If every single person who wants to do that shit and would populate your clones and used /b/, at this very moment, you would literally change its landscape away from its facebook tier hell. Use it.

>http://desustorage.org/q/thread/663156/
Quoting a thread that died 15 posts in and has no one arguing the other side is useless.

The simple fact is, there is no need for any more fucking /b/ clones. This isn't 2ch. It won't work here. It'll be either useless dead boards or literal shitposting hells that spawn up new breeds of cancer and shitposting that brings in more newfags who refuse to lurk and then spreading it everywhere and shitting the place up even more. Instead of suggesting garbage uselesss boards, you suggest doubling down on the retards and pushing them back into /b/ were they historically have always belonged. /b/ is the catch-all board, we don't need anymore.

>Come again?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Fisk#Fisking
>>
>>437955
>IPs outside of America, Canada, and Britain are blocked
The majority of shitposting and everything major which has been a negative has been brought about by Americans. Burgers are responsible almost entirely for the current state of the Internet, being a cancerous social media wasteland which exists to milk the lowest common denominator.

If anything, 4chan servers should be moved in Japan and all traffic coming the region blocked. m00t has done it repeatedly to smaller European nations when we he made a fucking fool of himself on /int/; it's clear that the most censorious and cancerous form of hypocrisy stems from the top and that is something that was borne by American culture.

>>438082
>I want the unity to come back
The hoards of outsiders who came to 4chan during the late 2000's (2007~2010) were the unwanted masses who grew up raised to be special snowflakes and it created a narcissistic and emotionally stunted monster in millions of kids. Those kids are now the hiveminds which represent popular and legacy boards.

>>438085
>The site is less unified because there is not as strong of an "us vs the world" feel.
That's because during 2007 and 2008, "the world", become the force that would eventually entirely colonise /b/, /a/, and /v/.

>>438096
>This was never a thing, retard.
Yes, there was. It was the world who wanted to see the Internet become a marketplace and social hub which would destroy the cyber and IRL landscape, mashing them into one. The reason why lurk moar was a thing was to get people to takes the steps to integrate and not bring their myspace, etc. mindsets directly in without wiping their feet.

>>438100
There is none. Anon is clearly part of the latter non-cyber Internet and thus likely isn't able to comprehend the difference. Chances are he grew up with things like youtube right on his phone or tablet as a kid. How on earth can people like that understand what it was like before? The landscape as fundamentally changed.
>>
>>439332
>If every single person who wants to do that shit and would populate your clones and used /b/, at this very moment, you would literally change its landscape away from its facebook tier hell. Use it.
For better or for worse people who like anime want to talk to people who like anime, people who read comics want to talk about people who read comics, and people who watch sports want to talk to people who watch sports. The actual /b/, the total free-for-all where your thread 404s in ten minutes and everybody has to share a space is not what most people are looking for.

>Quoting a thread that died 15 posts in and has no one arguing the other side is useless.
He wasn't told to fuck off and moot didn't tell him to fuck off, so unless you have evidence to back up your assertion it's what we've got.

>This isn't 2ch.
2ch is general threads from hell to breakfast. 2chan has the 裏 boards. And stop whining about "need" already, there was never a "need" for the vast majority of our boards. They were created because people wanted a place for something that the existing boards didn't offer (or, sometimes, because moot felt like it.)

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Fisk#Fisking
You put an extra R in the first time around, but you're free to respond in kind if you want. I actually prefer being "fisked" because it means the entirety of my post is getting responded to.
>>
>>439337
Why did you delete your post only to repost it?
>>
>>439340
I disliked the formatting and wording of my post as it was originally posted.
>>
>>439341
So you're violated the entire point of an anonymous ephemeral image board in order to reformat your post in a way which reflects you best?

Nigger you're the outsider here.
>>
>>439342
I've been doing the same thing for over five years and have almost never been taken to task for it.
>>
>>439343
Maybe because nobody outside of this autistic clusterfuck of a board would ever care or make light of this kind of this. Mods fucking delete this shit board already
>>
>>439337
If people want to talk about a board topic, then they can do it on the fucking board for it. They don't need another fucking board to do so. The only thing your free-for-all /b/ clones will have is 'lelele anim xd' tier shit. For what purpose do we need that shit? We don't, it's just fucking shitposting. Again, if people want to do that, we have fucking /b/. 4chan isn't meant to be a serious site and is meant to be fun, but we shouldn't be fucking adding shitposting board. If you want to shitpost, do it on [s4s], /b/ or /trash/.

>And stop whining about "need" already, there was never a "need" for the vast majority of our boards
Yea and look what adding them did to the site. All they did was help open the flood gate for retarded normalfag users who have no care or understanding of the sites culture and only care for shitposting or ultra-mega-super-serious-quality(read shitposting) discussion. Yes, there is no *need* for those boards, because all they will do is breed more *actual* cancer and shitposting that will spread on there actual board because of how closely related they are. There is no *need* for boards when there are already boards that exist for the exact same fucking purpose. 4chan shouldn't have a few hundred boards and is best with a few boards with broad topics.
>>
>>439345
>The only thing your free-for-all /b/ clones will have is 'lelele anim xd' tier shit.
Except no, they would be occupied with the kinds of silly threads that have historically cropped up in the boards in the past, had variously defended and attacked by people arguing on-topic versus board-culture.

"lelele anime xd" shit can still be deleted per Rules 3/6. If anything they can be enforced more liberally when the mods aren't expected to be maintaining a "free speech zone" like half the fuckwits these days think they should.

>4chan shouldn't have a few hundred boards and is best with a few boards with broad topics.
We're talking at most ten new boards. Boards like /cgl/ and /c/ are miles and miles away from being popular enough to get counterparts.
>>
>>437930
Who says we need to? I literally have zero fucks to give about boards that I don't go to, and if other boards spill onto mine the moderation/jannie team is all over it.

> tfw your home boards are never mentioned in /qa/ "delete board when" threads
> tfw all the aspie fucklords who cannot ignore things they don't like leave us alone because they never get a rise
> tfw all the cancer is too busy arguing about each other on /qa/ to focus elsewhere.

Also, fuck board unity. The hostility is the entry bar. If you can't deal with the hostility, fuck off and go find yourself a softer hugbox.
>>
>>439346
Are you delusional or something? You have to be new? You do know atleast some history about /b/, right? I'm calling them /b/ clones for a reason. As they are just themed /b/'s AND they will historically go down the exact same fucking path. The mods barely moderate now and you think they are going to put the effort into moderating a bunch of extra /b/ clones? They won't. There won't be any silly, culture or fun threads. There will only be shitposting. As long as the mods aren't babysitting those new boards 24/7, they will just quickly become shitposting.

The mods used to fucking moderate /b/ a lot. It's fucking disgusting, but the current /b/ is what happens when you make lawless ground and have a massive userbase. You can't have a 'quality' random board with a large userbase, as the active posters will be the stupid dumbasses who only care about 'lele shitposting'. Even more so in modern 4chan. These boards will be useless and will quickly end up being /b/ clones in more than just name and it is inevitable unless you literally babysit them 24/7. Said efforts are better spent elsewhere.

Adding new boards isn't going to help or 'fix' 4chan, only make it worse. If you want to help, try to slow the stupid fucker down. Speed has never been 4chans friend and never will be. Even moot has said this. Adding new boards only speeds things up.
>>
>>439351
>You do know atleast some history about /b/, right?
/b/ has no rules. It's also completely unmoderated. Even when the rest of the boards were at their least moderated (and sometimes unmoderated for days at a time) they still weren't /b/. Why? Because they actually have topics.

>As long as the mods aren't babysitting those new boards 24/7, they will just quickly become shitposting.
There's no reason that they would be any more shitposty than the topic boards were at their worst, which was already bad, but you should also consider that moderating a board where ZOMG NO RULES applies to the mods is actually easier than adjudicating actual rules.

>Adding new boards isn't going to help or 'fix' 4chan, only make it worse. If you want to help, try to slow the stupid fucker down.
There's no particular reason to think they'll be much faster than their "parent boards." /s4s/ is not actually that fast. The goal is not to create a "new /b/", but to create a "relaxed /a/" (or /v/, or /sp/, or /tg/, or whatever the fuck you can think of.) It would also take a lot of work out of moderating the non-random boards because they won't have to toe the line with stupid shit.
>>
>>439348
You sound like a cancerous newfag, when did you come here? 2014?
>>
File: mNAr7tD.png (160KB, 1209x1106px) Image search: [Google]
mNAr7tD.png
160KB, 1209x1106px
>>439348
>go find yourself a softer hugbox.
at least you recognize that 4chan is a hugbox
>>
>>439382
Nice ad hominem bro. I'm real sorry that you are unable to exist knowing things you don't like are occurring, and can only guess how hard your life must be considering you don't have the self control to just move the fuck along. Are you able to unwind yourself from that ball of rage to address any of my points or shall I just write you off as the shitposter you appear to be?
>>
>>439348
>4chan isn't a hugbox!
>go away if you have opinions I disagree with!
Hahaha fucking retard

>>439386
Lol what the fuck are you even trying to say
>>
>>439389
>Lol
Fuck off.
>>
>>439392
Lol you mad fucktard?
>>
>>439348
I can sense by your post you are from /jp/
>>
>>439398
/diy/, sci/. /o/ and /wsr/ exclusively. I only ever come to /qa/ when I need to remind myself of how good I (we) actually have it on these boards. You just never see them mentioned either way.
>>
>>439406
isn't /o/ flooded with tipfags and shitposters?
>>
>>439417
> tripfags
Yeah, but I am not triggered by text in a name field so I don't care. Some are particularly useful and use trips related to their fields of expertise (LPG, VINBro etc) so you know the info you're getting is legit and not some anon fucking with you. Plus I can filter out the particularly cancerous ones with ease. This seems to be in stark contrast to everywhere else on 4chan where trip = e-fame attention whore. I'm ok with it.

> shitposters
No more than any of the other three boards cited, and because the board topics are rooted in science and engineering it's easy to slap down shitposters who, for the same reason, stand out like sore thumbs. There is no room for subjectivity, unlike /v/, /a/, and all other media based boards where opinions carry more weight than facts, allowing the clusterfuck of cancer and shitposting that everyone here seems to whinge about.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.