[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(Serious question) Why are underage users banned?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Question-mark.png (35KB, 749x946px) Image search: [Google]
Question-mark.png
35KB, 749x946px
(Serious question) Why are underage users banned?
>>
>>435725
Because this is an 18+ website which contains adult material
>>
Not all sections are adult oriented
>>
>>435725
I mean, I came here at 14 and have been here 10 years, I've never seen a reason not to allow underage people on. The place is a shithole anyway, not like it'll change much.
>>
>>435725
Because, theoretically, this is a place for quality discussion, and it's pretty safe to assume that anyone under 18 is unable to contribute that. If you are younger than 18 and don't act like your average underage fucktard though, no one will notice
>>
If your website hosts adult, 18+ content, you legally cannot allow underage users

I don't get how this is so hard to understand
>>
>>435757
Newgrounds

Youtube

Deviantart
>>
>>435761
YouTube does not allow adult content and to see NSFW material on Newgrounds and Deviantart, you also need to be 18+.
Fuck off underage, we aren't going to allow 12 years old here.
>>
moot mentioned that awhile ago he briefly changed the rules to say the age limit for SFW boards is 13, and people flipped the fuck out because apparently they think that an 18+ rule has any bearing over who enters the site.
>>
Because:
1. We do not want retarded 12 year old kids ruining more threads with memes and responses like "ur mum ill hack you";
2. This is a NSFW site, it hosts adult content, so it's LEGALLY a 18+ site.

>>435765
Yeah, right, and /fk/ was a totally real legitimate board. Sure.
moot mentioned that you're a retarded faggot too, do you remember it?
>>
To in theory attract people who at least won't be too bad of edgy teens. In reality a lot of people continue to act much like teen shitheads into their 20s and tend to not really mellow out unti mid-late 20s.

So basically it's window dressing. At the same time though it is nice that it may in theory deter some 12 year olds who, if they knew they were often talking to people well more than twice their age, would not be as interested in being here instead of hanging with people more like them.
>>
>>435769
>We do not want retarded 12 year old kids ruining more threads with memes and responses like "ur mum ill hack you"

4chan says it's an 18+ and 12-year-old kids still do this all over the site.

I think your anger is clouding your ability to think.
>>
>>435773
That's why I said MORE threads.
Also, /b/, /v/, /pol/ =/= all over the site.
>>
>>435781
>implying 12-year-old kids browse any boards besides /b/, /v/ and /pol/
>>
>>435786
That's exactly what I said...
>>
>>435787
Which is why I'm saying an 18+ warning doesn't do shit because those are the boards that all of the kiddies flock to anyway.
>>
>>435769
You say this as if 12 year olds would ever bother to read the rules or the FAQ, let alone be discouraged by age limits
>>
>>435769
>Yeah, right, and /fk/ was a totally real legitimate board. Sure.

Uh...
>>
>>435805
You got it. /fk/ existed, but it was only a joke.
>>
>>435809
I know, but I don't get what point that anon was trying to make.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.