[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1453307604898.jpg (49KB, 423x389px) Image search: [Google]
1453307604898.jpg
49KB, 423x389px
How would you fix /v/?
>>
Anonymous account system. There. I fixed 4chan for those that care, and killed the small time shitposters and most rulebreakers. There are probably other ways to fix things that may or may not be better, but this is the easiest.
>>
>>433958
This is the worst idea I've seen on this board.
>>
>>433968
You'd still be anonymous. All the replies I've ever gotten are people simply exclaiming that they don't like it, not why they don't like it. I really want someone to convince me how it's a bad idea. I want to see what's both sides of this fence.
>>
>>433944
Delet it
>>
>>433975
That's cheating.
>>
>>433971
I don't like this idea because it's stupid and it wouldn't change anything. Let's say you got banned, you could just reset your router and make a new account. Everything would be exactly like it's now.
>>
>>433944
Awoooodn't
>>
Filter sjw, that should help
>>
>>433944
Five minute post timer. It will keep people from treating the board like their shitposting outlet, help slower threads survive, keep more repetitive threads that are the same thing each time from reappearing because they're too much trouble to fill, and will also make common threads stick around longer without needing to be recreated and bumping off other threads.

/v/'s problem is that it has a high number of underage and immature users who want to treat it like a second /b/. The best way to deter their lot is to bore them by making it so they can't act like a hyperactive 'tard.

I don't see any other way. Saying "more mods/ janitors" is pointless. /v/ is already the most heavily moderated board, contrary to popular belief.

Splitting the board will just be transplanting undesirable users from one board to another (making another /vg/). I'd also like it if talking about video games on 4chan wasn't a demonized practice, and that every board related to videogames wasn't a containment board of some sorts.
>>
>>433981
I'm saying there should be a little screen you type your email and a pass word in to start posting. Everything else about the website would be the same. If your account gets banned, you stay banned unless you have another account, which can be easily banned as well. Most people wouldn't bother making multiple accounts for simple shitposting. This obviously wouldn't stop the worst people, but nothing really will anyway. I know this idea most likely wouldn't be implemented simply because it's probably a lot of work. I just think it would be interesting to see the changes it could make.

>>434025
That would be interesting as well. If you have to wait a while to make another post, there's a good chance your post would be of higher quality. People are treating /v/ more like a chatroom full of dumb teenagers. Slow it down, and things would improve. I'm starting to really like your idea.
>>
Forced IDs
>>
>>434025
Great idea, but how do we convince Hiro and the mods that this is a good idea?
>>
>>434090
I dunno. moot, in his Q&A, said for site improvements he'd like people to submit their 12 Steps or their 10 Point Plan. I guess we'd have to draft up something very specific and formatted that detailed exactly how and why, giving numerous examples, it would improve /v/, and also explain why this would need to be implemented on /v/ specifically (including an explanation of why /v/ is shit in the first place) and not another board.
>>
>>434097
I'm gonna set up a thread for this
>>
>>434100
>>434097
Here try this thread >>434107
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.