[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I go to discuss video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: 1445460413879.jpg (51KB, 398x380px) Image search: [Google]
1445460413879.jpg
51KB, 398x380px
>go to /v/
>filled with annoying dudebros and shitposters making discussion hard, with mods deleting actual video game threads while leaving shitposting up

>go to 8gag /v/
>pretty much dead with nothing but shitposting reactionary kids and activists derailing threads they don't like

I just want to talk video gamez
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/games

Not telling you to "go back" there. I'm legitimately suggesting this place to you because it is a far superior place to talk about video games. Anonymous imageboards are fucking impossible.
>>
>>433611
>dudebros

How beta do you have to be, where /v/ posters are like jocks?
>>
tumblr.com/tagged/video+games
>>
>>433619
I second this. I pretty only much browse /v/ for the atmosphere, r/games has great discussion.
>>
>>433619
>>433647
I regret asking
>>
>>433650
I'm not joking. If you want actual, serious discussion about games, r/games is the place to go.
>>
>>433653
I went on their and the first thing I found was someone saying Life is Strange is "hella better" than Telltale games.
>>
>>433658
...They're not wrong? Telltale's games advertise being about choices having consequence but the choices don't actually mean anything. In Life is Strange the choices are very impactful.

Listen, if you don't actually want to talk about video games, don't ask for a place to talk about video games.
>>
Well, this thread serves as good proof on why the fuck we need to nuke /qa/

Like, out of all the shit, I didn't expect literal Redditors to come out of the woodworks
>>
>>433658
As the other anon said, Life is Strange's choices actually changed things. And if you had an issue with the use of "hella", why? It's used in the game, and it used to be a common slang word.

Also, that redditor was obviously not referring to TT's old games, like Sam & Max, because the 2 are apples and oranges.

/v/'s problem is that everyone is fighting for dominance. They think that everything is a competition. The reason why /vg/, usually, has better discussion, is that everyone will like X, but they will have different opinions on the elements of X, and there's less of a desire to subjugate other anons.

With that said, /v/ can actually have some amazing discussion. But, like /vg/, the participants must all like the game. Without that commonality, there can be no further discussion.

As for myself, I don't discuss video-games outside of 4chan. I just pray and wait for a good, civil thread. Civil doesn't mean hug-box, by the way. However, some people are incapable of understanding this.
>>
>>433678
Are you seriously STILL doing this Reddit boogeyman shit? Do you not understand why the mods started banning for that?
>>
>>433628
Dudebros are cool and actually like their games. I gladly take them over a swarm of rp and shitposting /a/nime avatarfags.
>>
>>>>/vg/
or alternatively get some friends?
>>
No matter where you go, discussion video games on a general level (consolewars, series vs series shit, etc.) is pure cancer. There are just too many factions that are equally enthusiastic about flinging nonsensical shit at your point. Even if /v/ lacked the tumors you speak of, it'd still have it's inherent issues.

Instead, try sticking to very specific games. If you're playing through [name a game] then make a thread about it's mechanics or something so particular that shitters won't bother and you'll only get people who can relate with the topic. I;ve been participating on /v/ like this for a while now and it works.
>>
File: 1453137384936.png (9KB, 97x86px) Image search: [Google]
1453137384936.png
9KB, 97x86px
>>433757
If someone has enough free time to be posting on /qa/, t h e y d o n ' t h a v e a n y f r i e n d s.
>>
>people unironically saying go to Reddit
I fucking hate this website.
>>
>>433653
You sound like those retards that say "Reddit is for serious discussions while 4chan is for funposting". People like you need to get off this site
>>
>>433736
And do you not see these shills trying to get people to go to their shitty subreddit?
>>
>>434077
>>434092
>>434093
You need to stop with the "us vs. them" mentality over a fucking website on the internet. It's quite pathetic.
>>
>OP creates a thread to whine
>people give him good suggestions
>OP starts whining about "cancer"

There's an irony here. I hope you get fed up with the "cancer" and leave. We'll be better off without your bullshit.
>>
File: 1448835720355.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448835720355.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>433658

>first thing I found was someone saying Life is Strange is "hella better" than Telltale games.

Sounds legit
>>
>>433658
lol
>>
>>433659
>Make a lot of choices
>Save some lives
>Whoops lmao they're going to die anyway unless you want to go back in time to relive everything
There's two endings anon even shadow the hedgehog had more.
>>
>>434179
Except Reddit is fucking terrible for discussion, since its based on a rating/name system. Fuck off with your advertising.

>>434363
Nah, no one on 4chan will ever give into Redditors. Stay in your circlejerk
>>
>>434386

>"d-do it fit in yet guise?""
>>
File: santa.png (408KB, 495x593px) Image search: [Google]
santa.png
408KB, 495x593px
Reported the shitposting Redditfags for advertising, suggest you do the same.

>>434392
You certainly don't.
>>
File: trojan2.png (25KB, 256x240px)
trojan2.png
25KB, 256x240px
There's still >>>/vr/, but it's restricted to discussion of retro games and hardware. Although you can discuss modern remakes, and modern hardware in the context of playing retro games. (e.g. emulation on newer consoles)

/vr/ gets its fair share of shitposting, but it's not as ridiculous as /v/. The board's audience isn't nearly young enough to be obsessed with shit like GooberGate or the SJW boogeyman. It's mostly retarded franchise or sequel wars that get shitposted, like "Hey guiz, Castlevania IV is objectively the best in the series and anything you like sucks!! Now that that's out of the way, let's have a Castlevania thread!"
>>
File: 1453149843564.jpg (36KB, 577x597px) Image search: [Google]
1453149843564.jpg
36KB, 577x597px
>>434386
>implying 90% of 4chan's userbase aren't plebbitors trying to mask their rampant normalfaggotry by scapegoating reddit every chance they get
hola reddit
>>
>>434393
>calling out reports
>reporting Reddit

You must be new here.

Also, stop samefagging. It's painfully obvious which posts are yours.
>>
>>433611
I go to a small (german) fighting game board which is alright and outside of that I just talk to people I got on steam or skype.
I also still use IRC.

Most forums are bad.
/v/ CAN still work but most of the time its better to just evacuate from a thread when you notice that its full garbage, which is the norm currently.
>>
It's weird, I find /v/ to be a perfectly fine place to talk about... certain video games. Anything not ensconced in the zeitgeist of the board; Anything not FLAVOR OF THE MONTH or "weather threads," games that'll always be there and never go away, there is little chance to talk about it. Whatever it is.

Not even kidding, I have had great conversations on /v/. It's just a roulette wheel, if anyone will reply at all.
>>
/v/ is good for finding new games to play, and you can occasionally find niche genre or game threads that are worthwhile, rts or total war threads or something. Also flavour of the month games, although there have been few lat6ely, and of couse they quickly devolve into 'gb2reddit' and 'we never actually liked this game' spam when the game gets popular elsewhere
/vg/, the offical forums and/or the offical subreddit for specific games
>>
>>433658
>the first thing I found was that someone had a differing opinion!
I hope you don't get PTSD
>>
File: 555.png (455KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
555.png
455KB, 555x555px
>>433611
Have you tried /vg/?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.